God of War

Dec 06

Dec 06

PS Now: Play Red Dead Redemption & Undead Nightmare on PS4

Brian Dunn's Avatar Posted by Senior Marketing Manager, PlayStation Now

The holidays aren’t here quite yet, but we’re kicking things off anyway with an exciting update today. At last, you can experience two Rockstar Games classics, Red Dead Redemption and the incredible zombie-themed Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare. This is the perfect opportunity to experience Rockstar’s vision of the dying West, right from your PS4.

Keep in mind that Undead Nightmare is a standalone expansion, so if you missed it the first time, you can jump straight into it without having to play the original title.

And that’s not all. We’re also bringing back our one-year subscription, available at $99.99 for a limited time. If you’re due to renew, now is the perfect time.

Red Dead Redemption

Starting today, re-live the epic story of former outlaw John Marston all over again in Red Dead Redemption.

America, 1911. The Wild West is dying. When federal agents threaten his family, former outlaw John Marston is forced to pick up his guns again and hunt down the gang of criminals he once called friends. Experience an epic fight for survival across the sprawling expanses of the American West and Mexico, as John Marston struggles to bury his blood-stained past, one man at a time.

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

You can also return to the Undead Nightmare, where an undead plague is spreading across the frontier.

When former outlaw John Marston wakes up at his farmhouse, he finds a world gone insane: overnight, deranged hordes have overrun the towns and outposts of the American frontier. In a desperate attempt to save his family, Marston must traverse a world torn apart by chaos and disorder, using every skill he has to survive long enough to find a cure.

PS Now One Year Subscription

Thanks to popular demand, we are also bringing back the 12-month $99.99 subscription, so now’s your chance to lock in a whole year of unlimited game streaming. This plan has really strong value, as it provides access to hundreds of streaming games (we’re currently at more than 450 titles) for less than $9 per month.

If you’re not a PS Now subscriber yet, we still offer the seven-day free trial. You can also take advantage of our introductory pricing of just $9.99 for the first month (new subscribers only).

Here’s a list of some of the most popular games on PlayStation Now over the past month:

• Mafia II
  • The Walking Dead
  • Heavy Rain
  • Resident Evil 4

Add Your Own

Grawbad said:

December 6th, 8:02 am

Awesome. One of the best games of all time for me.
Maybe it is time to give it another replay.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

December 6th, 9:09 am

Hey Grawbad,

Yeah, now’s the perfect time especially with the holiday break! Check it out!

Dorfdad said:

December 6th, 8:08 am

the 99.99 1 year deal is the better story! BOUGHT so hard. PSN now keeps getting better!

El__Stabbo said:

December 6th, 9:40 am

Yeh! For me best game ever aswell.

moreland13k said:

December 6th, 3:46 pm

Finally they let the best game out on the PlayStation 4

Dorfdad said:

December 6th, 8:12 am

Not up in US yet.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

December 6th, 9:14 am

Should be up and playable now, Dorfdad

TaminTheStrange said:

December 8th, 9:28 am

I’m not seeing it on the US store yet either. Red Dead Redemption should be available for the PS4, correct?

JohnnyAstro said:

December 6th, 8:13 am

The bigger news is bringing back the $99 a year price! Question: Is this for a limited time again, or is the $99 a year permanent? I keep missing out on the limited time offers because they never seem to happen on the weeks I get my paycheck!

ZanFear said:

December 6th, 8:14 am

lol Perhaps you were too excited: “And that’s not all. We’re also bringing back our one-year subscription, available at $99.99 for a limited time.”

ZanFear said:

December 6th, 8:13 am

Make sure you repeat the $99.99 model update in a separate PS Now post. A lot of people will miss it here.

JohnnyAstro said:

December 6th, 8:18 am

I think you need to read it again. It doesn’t mention limited time.

“Thanks to popular demand, we are also bringing back the 12-month $99.99 subscription, so now’s your chance to lock in a whole year of unlimited game streaming.

Loller0815 said:

December 6th, 8:20 am

in the United States when it is available?

JohnnyAstro said:

December 6th, 8:21 am

Crap! I just re-read the top part again. Sorry! I wish they could make this a permanent deal. I don’t understand why it’s not.

Ruiseart91 said:

December 6th, 8:22 am

Hello i dont find the link for the 9.99 newcomers sub.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

December 6th, 9:15 am

Hi Ruiseart91,

It’s available on the PS4 digital store, and on the store.playstation.com (go to Games -> PS Now). You won’t see it or be able to purchase it if you’ve ever had a subscription to the service, though.

Ruiseart91 said:

December 6th, 9:40 am

I dont see it and never been a subscriber thats kind of lame

Pchinski said:

December 6th, 12:36 pm

I have never been a subscriber and I don’t see it either. I see it on the console store but when I click it it goes to 19.99.

vonn_swe said:

December 6th, 8:30 am

why dont you have ps now in all of eu?????????????????

Ulle_Gr said:

December 6th, 9:11 am

Yeah. We dont have PS Now in Norway. Why not? I was really looking forward to play now, but i guess not.

gohan16ken said:

December 6th, 8:39 am

I own Red Dead Redemption digitally on both PS3 and X360. But to play it on PS4, I will need pay a subscription while to play it on XB1, I can play it at no additional cost. This make sense to me.

KoldStrejke said:

December 6th, 10:47 am

LoL, anyone that uses this service is stunting the growth of the gaming world. sony stop messing with us.

Letters2Kay said:

December 6th, 9:03 am

Cool, what’s new to the store this week? Not going to bother with a post it?

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kange_Sin said:

December 6th, 9:09 am

Could buy a good many ps3 games for $100, jus sayin.

gohan16ken said:

December 6th, 9:12 am

On Black Fri at GameStop, I got The Last of Us and Uncharted 1, 2, and 3 for $20. And I OWN all 4 games.

YungShep said:

December 6th, 10:16 am

yea, a bunch of old ones. who got time for that!

dkarlowicz10 said:

December 6th, 9:37 am

I don’t want to rent it on Now. I would rather own it on PS4 either digitally or a physical release.

fhabjouqa said:

December 6th, 10:47 am

So true ……

KoldStrejke said:

December 6th, 10:50 am

I agree +5

binarymellon said:

December 6th, 10:04 am

Are these the only new games added this month?

Eldofon7 said:

December 6th, 10:11 am

I see no Red Dead game on my Vita Ps now application. Can I ask why?

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

December 6th, 10:53 am

Hi Eldofon7,

I checked with the team. Sometimes there’s a short delay. They should be live on PS Vita now.

YungShep said:

December 6th, 10:15 am

i just got the samsung ks8500 model and they have the playstation now app on it. definitly love playing games without the console! was looking forward to this. i dont have a ps3 anymore and i need to finish red dead 1 before the next one come out!

perfect timing. *rubs hands like Mr Burns, saying excellent really slow*

SoulVision00 said:

December 6th, 10:17 am

is this seriously all that was added this month? guess i wont be reupping.

KoldStrejke said:

December 6th, 10:43 am

Why, I mean, Why on this service. Why. all you need to have rockstar do. is do what they did for the xbox version. Why be SO unfaithful to your Fans Sony, Why, Why, Why. it is so simple. now I have to buy a xboxone to enjoy my fav game all over again. when you could have just fixed it for ps4. and dont tell me its rockstars fault. oh well.

fhabjouqa said:

December 6th, 10:46 am

PS NOW is pathetic way to take money from your fans, instead of backward compatibility, also your price is so high for pathetic rental service, that does not work in many areas……..

KazeEternal said:

December 6th, 10:57 am

100 dollars for a year to play one game with latency. 15 dollars to buy the game on PS3 and play it the way it was meant to be played. Think I just ofund the better deal. Let’s try another:

20 to 30 dollars for a PS4 HD Remaster of RDR or 100 dollars for a year of plus.

Beginning to see that I would be better off not getting PSNow. You know what would be great. Taking my copy of RDR which I haven’t gotten around to playing yet, into my PS4 and being able to use PSNow to play it at no charge.

If that can’t be done, then I suggest sony refocus their efforts on something else. This costs too much money for very little to no reward. Many of the games above are available on PS4. I’d rather pay up front then deal with this.

Blackmagic316 said:

December 6th, 11:17 am

Boo, Why can’t we get a remaster like we did with GTA V. Please Sony and Rockstar, You will sell at least 2 million copies. You guys have been listening this gen. Please remaster this.

vinilegionario said:

December 6th, 11:30 am

Yay! Can’t wait to PS NOW get to my country in 2022!

djtripd said:

December 6th, 11:37 am

Any chance we’ll see a Mac client of the Playstation Now app anytime soon?

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

December 6th, 12:38 pm

That’s something that’s being investigated, but there’s no news on it at the moment.

StumpyJoe2112 said:

December 6th, 12:05 pm

Has anyone actually seen these on PS Now yet? It’s 3pm here on the East Coast and I still don’t see it showing up in any list (either through the actual PS Now service or the website…)

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

December 6th, 12:37 pm

Hi StumpyJoe,

They were live on the west coast as of 8 AM our time. What platform are you using to view the content?

jwj011576 said:

December 6th, 12:39 pm

If you don’t like PS Now Then just don’t read about it and shut the hell UP!!! HOPE YOU KEEP THE YEAR FOR $99!!!

The2Pebble said:

December 6th, 1:00 pm

It’s showing on my PS4 but not my PSVita :(

StumpyJoe2112 said:

December 6th, 1:07 pm

I’m accessing my PS Now account via a Sony Blue Ray DVD player that has app capabilities. I’m on PS Now right now and still don’t see RDR listed in the listing of Subscriber games. Tried searching using the Search function and got zip. The total number of games as showing available is 471 (same number that was shown yesterday), with the most recent releases being the ones released last month (Alien Rage, Catherine, Cricket, etc…).

I don’t see any option, either in PS Now or the DVD player’s startup screen, for performing any sort of update (not that I’ve ever had to perform an update to access new releases on PS Now before), so I’m not sure why I’m not seeing the new games. Looking forward to being able to play RDR and UN through this service!

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

December 6th, 1:29 pm

Thanks for the detailed info. I’m looking into this now.

Grawbad said:

December 6th, 1:34 pm

On the PC I had to force the program off and then open it back up to see the games. Is there some way to hard reset your device?

gameman15 said:

December 6th, 1:12 pm

I agree with some of you guys. The 1-year subscription to PS Now should be permanently available to anyone.

StumpyJoe2112 said:

December 6th, 1:32 pm

Thanks a ton, Brian!

StumpyJoe2112 said:

December 6th, 1:45 pm

Grawbad — thanks for the tip! Dunno if I can reset (a simple power down and reboot of the DVD player didn’t work), but I’ll poke about in the settings and see what I can find…=)

ghastly26 said:

December 6th, 1:46 pm

Still don’t see it on ps vita…

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

December 6th, 2:16 pm

The team looked into it and the issue should be resolved now. New content updates should now be visible on the PS Vita. Please let me know if you still have issues!

Nevmin said:

December 6th, 1:49 pm

Finally, quality over quantity. I still want you guys to make it so I can take screenshots on PS Now.

StumpyJoe2112 said:

December 6th, 2:23 pm

No luck via Sony Blue Ray player yet–just tried to Update Software (via Settings) and it showed I already have the most recent update available. No way I can see to update the PS Now app itself, so I’m not sure what else I can do at this point…

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

December 6th, 2:26 pm

Hi StumpyJoe,

I’m still working on this, will get back to you when I know something!

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

December 6th, 3:06 pm

Give it another try, and let me know if it’s still not working. The team says it may just take time to roll out to the secondary devices.

Rezznak said:

December 6th, 3:55 pm

How bout backwards compatibility?!……wha…no?

Guess I can dream.

StumpyJoe2112 said:

December 6th, 5:04 pm

Hey hey hey! Looks like that was it–just a bit longer delay to roll it out to us lesser mortals on different devices. Looks like I’m all set–thanks again, Grawbad, for the assist, and to you Brian, for lookin into things for me!

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

December 7th, 1:14 pm

Great, glad to hear!!!

Sponge-worthy said:

December 6th, 5:44 pm

Honestly guys, you’re better off just buying a PS3.

mashedpotates said:

December 7th, 1:32 am

Im borrowing my brothers PS3 Just for Red dead. Rent it? Seriously? How much cash do I have to spend on the same game already?

ChronicWinner said:

December 6th, 6:51 pm

FWIW, since someone from Sony actually (awesomely) reads this, I’m also eagerly awaiting this to just be downloadable on PS4.

Whether a remaster or simply a re-release, I’d buy it immediately. A PSNow subscription doesn’t make sense for me, though it seems like a great deal.

This is a Game I’ve been waiting for, and I got excited when the next sequel was announced. Seems like it’s a logical step.

iREVOLTER said:

December 7th, 5:53 am

Hoorah!

lee1302 said:

December 7th, 1:26 pm

how long is the $99.99 price tag going to be there?

McGooTheWise1 said:

December 7th, 1:51 pm

I can’t access Undead Nightmare on my console. I aelect it and it takes me to the game’s DLC page where undead nightmare is not listed, and I can’t get any of the other DLC anyway because you guys haven’t added it.

Also, why have this on PSNow only? I share WiFi with others, and sucking up all of the bandwidth to play a game with latency and lag between pressing buttons and actions isn’t ideal… Just make it available in the store WITH all of the DLC. Cmon. I want my warhorse and I want to stomp zombie guts with him. Doit!

snake7890 said:

December 7th, 2:33 pm

so i guess when i get a ps4 i should play it again to get the trophies

frobebryant15 said:

December 7th, 7:20 pm

Can you add the Jak and Daxter and Ratchet and Clank HD collections. Also Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction. Jak and Daxter was one of Sony’s biggest franchises and it having no presense in this service is saddening. You added the Sly collection so I know it’s possible to add Hd collections to the service.

McGooTheWise1 said:

December 8th, 9:51 am

I’m playing undead nightmare now, and if I play for more than 10 minutes zombies start spawning as regular pwople whose bodies are invisible. So, basically, I’ll go into a new town that is under attack and there will be a bunch of clothes waljing around with no people in them, holding guns and shooting me because I guess the game thinks that I’ve been shooting regular people, so I’m considered a public menace. This is broken as all hell. How disappointing. I can’t play the game now.

lowk3yIII said:

December 8th, 10:02 am

How bout some new I.P. ‘s instead of this recycled, remastered stuff.Sounds great but its all replay and repay,I still own a ps3,ps2, and all these games so not this time for me.

HumanSour said:

December 11th, 2:31 pm

When I will be able to use the PS NOW service here on Brazil, South America?

AhmedThbBoss said:

December 16th, 4:34 pm

Can u guys bring back the assassins creed games there my favorite games that would be awesome

FRANCESCO1311 said:

December 19th, 6:26 pm

Will RDR1 come out on psn, I mean a buyable version? Cuz, in Europe it’s kinda hard to have a decent connexion to the ps now??

Monkeemanic006 said:

December 28th, 12:48 pm

Dear PS Now,

I am wondering about the next update of games coming to ps now. I, as well as many others would like to see the Mass Effect Trilogy on PS now along with Dragon Age and Dragon Age 2. Why are they not on PS Now yet? In addition, I was wondering why ps now streaming maxes out at 720p? Is Sony looking into 1080p streaming for ps now? I also am curious if ps2 and ps1 and eventually ps4 games will be added to the service for streaming?

While I believe the service is pretty decent, not having all the games I desire to play nor having 1080p streaming capability hurts the service for me. I really want a large variety of games from all playstation years, especially ps4 stuff that i can play when i go travelling and don’t have to bring my ps4 with me because i can use a smart tv.

Just some thoughts and hopefully it will keep improving!

oh and please don’t do what netflix does and take games off the service after a while. Keep them all there!