Knack 2

Dec 13

Dec 13

Overwatch is a Winter Wonderland Starting Today

Michael Chu's Avatar Posted by Lead Writer, Overwatch

Starting today, Overwatch is getting into the holiday spirit with our brand-new seasonal event: Winter Wonderland, and we’re hoping you’ll join us for some holiday cheer!

For the next three weeks, Hanamura and King’s Row will be decked out in festive lights, there will be a number of new holiday items for you to unlock, and you can take on your friends in a snowball fight on Ecopoint: Antarctica.

As with our previous seasonal events, instead of receiving regular Loot Boxes, during Winter Wonderland you’ll receive special Winter Loot Boxes filled with holiday-themed skins, highlight intros, emotes, victory poses, sprays, player icons, and voice lines.

Overwatch Winter Wonderland

Overwatch Winter WonderlandOverwatch Winter Wonderland

Winter Loot Boxes can be earned or purchased, and each will contain at least one item from our Winter Wonderland collection. If there are particular skins, highlight intros, emotes, victory poses, sprays, or voice lines that you want, they can be purchased with in-game credits.

Any items you’ve unlocked will be available in your Hero Gallery to use even after the event has ended, so you can show off your holiday spirit year-round.

Winter Wonderland is also bringing a brand-new brawl: Mei’s Snowball Offensive, 6v6, single-elimination snowball fight featuring everyone’s favorite climatologist — and she has some new tricks up her sleeve.

Overwatch Winter Wonderland

Overwatch Winter WonderlandOverwatch Winter Wonderland

In this brawl, Mei’s reconfigured her blaster to fire a single, high-powered snowball. Taking down an enemy only takes one hit, but a miss can be costly. Once you’ve used your shot, you’ll need to search for a nearby snow pile to reload, while your enemies will be hunting you down. Cover your retreat with ice walls and cryo-freezing or you won’t last long. Mei’s also devised a new ultimate ability that turns her blaster into a semi-automatic snowball cannon, allowing you to fire continuously as your enemies scatter.

You can check out Mei’s Snowball Offensive in-game today — we hope you have a blast.

Happy holidays from all of us at Blizzard Entertainment. Winter Wonderland is live right now on PlayStation 4.

Overwatch Winter Wonderland

Add Your Own

Gorvi said:

December 13th, 12:08 pm

I can’t wait to get home tonight and try for some of these skins. And the Symmetra update! The new map still isn’t in though. :(

septic--girl said:

December 31st, 5:01 am

i want the tracer skin but yesterday i got lucky enough to get the santa torb im close to 3000 coins to get tracer then i’ll have all skins sprays and highlight intros the names mcree with scrooge skin is epic

KazeEternal said:

December 13th, 12:10 pm

hey look everyone! More costumes and other junk that the game won’t give me even if I play the entire month because someone feels like a Random Number Generator is the best use of my precious free time.

pass.

DeRR1ck19 said:

December 14th, 9:37 am

You might see it as crying but I actually appreciate him sharing his opinion. A lot of people see this game through rose-tinted glasses – which, I understand – it’s a phenomenal game – but the loot and progression system is definitely the game’s weak point.

I wish they would take a few pages out of Uncharted 4’s book, which is similar in its system but in Uncharted 4 you never get a duplicate item. I think that would make a world of difference here (and am ok with a slight decrease in the amount of currency you receive as a reward to off set it.)

Mac_Gyver7 said:

December 13th, 12:12 pm

no D.VA skin? :(

ShadariMoon said:

December 13th, 12:14 pm

That Pharah skin! So excited!

IzoGray said:

December 13th, 12:33 pm

Surprised at the lack of Ana rewards. Genji needs love too. PLEASE make the ONI skin available for people who cannot play Heroes of the Storm. Seems like BS to tie it to that game- especially for console players. I don’t even have a computer strong enough for heroes gameplay. I only use a laptop that is basically just a netbook. Thanks a lot blizzard. Way to shaft people outside the PC space.

gokuh013 said:

December 13th, 1:06 pm

No new D.VA skin?!?!?!?!

Welmosca said:

December 14th, 8:02 pm

FAN-TAS-TIC!!…again I’m really sad that I’ll be missing this,you guys at Blizzard are really great at doing events.

ParadoxXIII said:

December 19th, 10:40 am

So there will be another free weekend sooner or late? I lost the opportunity to play the other ones before, just wanna test the game before I confirm my buy