God of War

Jan 04

Jan 04

PS Now: Dark Souls 2, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Available Today

Brian Dunn's Avatar Posted by Senior Marketing Manager, PlayStation Now

Beginning today, PlayStation Now subscribers can enjoy even more of Bandai Namco’s biggest franchises. Experience FromSoftware’s hit RPG Dark Souls II and explore the dangerous world of Drangleic.

Or pick your favorite fighters and go head-to-head in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Also new this month are Namco Museum Essentials (Pac-Man, Xevious, Galaga, DigDug, Dragon Spirit, and Xevious Resurrection), as well as Dead to Rights: Retribution.

Don’t forget to check out our other Bandai Namco games already available including fantastic RPGs like Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch and Eternal Sonata. And consider timeless classics like Katamari Forever, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, and Galaga Legions DX.

Besides Tekken Tag Tournament 2, PlayStation Now also has a strong line-up of heavy-hitting fighting games like Mortal Kombat, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Street Fighter III 3rd Strike, WWE 2K15, Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator, Darkstalkers Resurrection, The King of Fighters XIII, BlazBlue, Virtua Fighter 5, and many more, with versus multiplayer support.

If you’re an RPG and JRPG fan, we’ve got you covered with even more games like XCOM Enemy Within, The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2, Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4, Disgaea D2, Rainbow Moon, Costume Quest 2, Dragon Fin Soup, Legasista, The Witch and the Hundred Knight, and more!

If you’re not a PS Now subscriber yet, check out these games and more with the seven-day free trial. You can also take advantage of our introductory pricing of just $9.99 for the first month (new subscribers only), or upgrade your subscription with another 12 months for $99.99, for a few more days. Take advantage of these deals before the promotion ends!

Here’s a list of some of the most popular games on PlayStation Now over the past month:

• Red Dead Redemption
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
  • The Walking Dead
  • Heavy Rain

Add Your Own

STRONG_ISLAND420 said:

January 4th, 9:04 am

Where the heck is Demon’s Souls or Dark Souls? How can a Sony IP (Demon’s Souls) not get access on PS Now?

Fin1drful said:

January 4th, 10:19 am

I’m praying this is bc From is remastering both for ps4!!!

xaos said:

January 4th, 9:11 am

Wow nice surprise with no fanfare; good chance for me to finally give one of these games a try.

MakaiOokami said:

January 4th, 8:39 pm

If I was a kid I’d be jumping up and down. I remember when I was excited for Gamestop Buy 2 Get 1 and Buy 2 get 2 free deals with the 10%.

Renting games was like $6 for 2-3 days worth of renting.

You can have an entire library of streaming games for almost no cost. On Live was a cool concept but there was no way I was paying full price for access to games. All I ended up doing with my On Live beta was watch people play Shatter and a couple other games. XD.

I personally feel like PS Now doesn’t get any of the fanfare it deserves. From what I’ve tried from my beta playing. I remember going to Crown Hotels and you paid like $6 to play Super Mario Brothers for a couple of hours. That’s all without counting inflation.

But if PS Now isn’t the service for you, you still have Gamefly. It’s not perfect, it’s not the most appreciated service, but if people really think about how much you get for the cost, it’s pretty dang awesome IMO. I just wish I had the internet to use it so I could play the RPGs without having my PS3 hooked up.

chino162216 said:

January 7th, 10:34 pm

,Nice

GunnerFCm said:

January 4th, 9:17 am

I’m so very very tempted… My Ps3 is still hooked up, but down in the basement… Ni No Kuni on my Ps4 AND my PC AND my Sony Bluray player in the living room? I’m going to do a little research, but anyone know if there is cross-save enabled? It might just tip me over the edge…

Dethfuse said:

January 4th, 9:19 am

All your saves get automatically uploaded to the cloud. I play across my PS4 and PC all the time.

GunnerFCm said:

January 6th, 10:28 am

Thanks! Purchased, and so far so good!

Dethfuse said:

January 4th, 9:18 am

Why did you guys remove the Assassins Creed games? I was planning on eventually playing through Rogue since I never played it before. I’d also love to see Final Fantasy 13 and both sequels on PS Now sometime in the future.

Shao17 said:

January 4th, 9:28 am

Where are the sales of the week? : /

teh_pwner said:

January 4th, 2:04 pm

My best guess is they purposely did that to improve the sales of the PS4 remaster.

Sangetsu-II said:

January 4th, 4:22 pm

I know right, I was 2 trophies away from Assassin Creed III Platinum, what gives?

gohan16ken said:

January 4th, 9:41 am

Hey,

I tried using PS Now on my PS3 Slim and PS3 Super Slim but had some issues. Both consoles are connected wired and have I an speed of 150Mbps. I tried playing God of War 3. On the Slim, I was able to load the game but it kept on disconnecting me. On the Super Slim, I was unable to log the game. When I clicked on it, it just kept on saying checking (I forgot the rest of the message). I let it run for a while but it never loaded. When I check on the game, I see a count down timer and I see it under my services section, which means, according to the system, I used it. But it never loaded. I tried this on both consoles several months apart under two different PSN ID. Also, in both cases, when I close PS Now, it restarts my PS3. Do anyone else have this issue? I noticed that Sony removed PS3 (and PS Vita) from the PS Now information on the site (it just has PS4 and PC) so I am guessing something is going on.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

January 4th, 1:11 pm

Hi Gohan16Ken,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble! That’s a pretty specific question. I suggest you try our support forums over at http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Now/bd-p/PSNow and hopefully our support team can help you resolve that.

capitolc said:

January 4th, 1:16 pm

I was just about to post what he said….

I would also make note of your connection speed. While ‘wired’ is better, you still need to have about “juice”.

Welmosca said:

January 4th, 10:18 am

Very nice to see Tekken Tag 2 there.Hope more people can experience the best Tekken ever.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

January 4th, 1:16 pm

Thanks, Welmosca! Yeah, this was an awesome addition to our PS Now fighting game lineup.

capitolc said:

January 4th, 1:17 pm

might have to search your name for some matches ;)

Duck_mann86 said:

January 4th, 10:31 am

When will PlayStation All-Stars be on PS Now?

CyborgGreyFox said:

January 4th, 11:48 am

Also, when will we get a sequel? Very underrated brawler. A few missing key PlayStation characters like Solid Snake and Cloud and it’d be golden.

CrusaderForever said:

January 4th, 10:38 am

Really happy with the addition of Dark Souls 2 but not happy with the Assassin Creed games getting removed. Does this mean that Ubisoft felt that they weren’t making enough profit from PSNow? Final Fantasy XIII-2 was removed about a year ago as well and has not made it back. I think the lesson being learned here is to not get rid of your PS3 if you want to play the games you want when ever you want.

Eldofon7 said:

January 4th, 10:51 am

Thanks for Dark Souls 2. I am looking forward to play this game on my Vita.
I hope, I will see in future some other good Namco games, like Tales of series or Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom.

reson8er said:

January 4th, 12:47 pm

It only says playable on PS4/PC are you sure they are Vita compatible?

Elk_mistral said:

January 4th, 4:33 pm

yes i’m playing PS now on Vita most of time.

mouadsaad said:

January 4th, 11:27 am

When do these games come in europe, bc my friend in America has it all ready and i don’t have it, btw i live in Holland.

capitolc said:

January 4th, 1:15 pm

Tekken Tag 2 might get a play to wet my mouth before getting T7.

The wording of “PS4/PC” has caught the eye other others, and I hope access to the service will not be limited on the PS3. Would be nice to continue using the service on the system majority of the games are coming from.

jdizzle0420 said:

January 4th, 1:16 pm

What ever happened with The Drop and the Store Update posts? Seems like its been a few weeks since either have been done…

capitolc said:

January 4th, 1:18 pm

I too am looking for the store update for this week too.

they have been late recently, and I’ve been blaming the holiday.

gameman15 said:

January 4th, 4:32 pm

@jdizzle0420 Or how about an even better question. Whatever happened to fixing the app? There’s still live streamers (I know a couple) that still uses both The Playroom and the PlayStation app to live stream their shows that demand Sony to fix the app. I want Sony to fix the app so I can do a live stream show (using both The Playroom and the PlayStation app) dedicated to old school games once I get fiber optic internet.

Elk_mistral said:

January 4th, 4:35 pm

Psn never get sale on first week of the year. Always been like this for PSN USA

AlbieG- said:

January 4th, 8:30 pm

Now that’s what I’m talking about Playstation! Great additions to the lineup!

LangersAL said:

January 5th, 2:47 am

When will these be coming to the UK\Europe?

redcar200 said:

January 5th, 9:23 am

PS Now is a great service. I enjoy it very much but the price for $99 for a year is too much. At least to put down all at once. Why don’t you keep the $10 every month? So I that way if Im not gonna use the service for that month, I will not purchase it. But then return to it the following month. If I do keep it for a year, Sony made more money than $99 at that point. Just an idea!!

poopyboopyscooby said:

January 5th, 10:34 am

Yo what about us in Europe? We also matter :(

IzoGray said:

January 5th, 5:59 pm

FOR YEARS we’ve been asking for demons soul sister or dark souls on the vita and now that psnow is here, where the hell are they? You bring us arguably the worst souls game in the series..do you think we will forget about the other games.

Psnow just isn’t worth it knowing that games can disappear without a word from anyone

Soldier1Class said:

January 5th, 6:44 pm

Sony i’ve been with you guys since the orignal PS, since the orignal MGS demo on pizzahut, guys bring back good Crash, bring back the classic, ridge racer, tekken, crash, medievil, the classics that made this great. ps plus needs to be improved, consolidate ps plus with ps now, it should have been BC to begin with!. its a slap in the face to us original owners.

budamania1989 said:

January 5th, 6:49 pm

Tekken tag tournament 2 cool

tigzy1210 said:

January 6th, 5:50 pm

Ive been following the blog since the 4th and i just dont get it i havenr got teken tag or any of this update i live in the uk doesnt anyone know a date searched google like crazy just gering fed of playing injusctice thanks

Superf13 said:

January 6th, 6:46 pm

Hi,

Can someone please tell me when we are finally getting Star Wars Force Unleashed on this thing? Honestly the only thing keeping me from using PS Now is the fact that the game I really would like to play they do not have..

Is it coming anytime soon? Are the people managing Ps Now even trying to make a deal together to get it in soon? Would appreciate some answers.

kawasaki3600 said:

January 7th, 10:08 am

I would really like to see Need for Speed 2012 added to playstation now.

kawasaki3600 said:

January 7th, 10:22 am

I would like to see Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 added to playstation now, I loved that game on ps3.

voxtar79 said:

January 7th, 2:54 pm

Would love to see Okami back on the list. Never was able to play it and don’t have the money to get a PS3, I have a PS4 tho, and would gladly pay for a subscription to play it.

braveheart_por said:

January 9th, 9:36 am

Do you guys have any European Country release road map?!

I would love to know when this will get to Portugal…

BigTastyBoy_MLG said:

January 9th, 10:47 am

When Demon’s Souls will be available in PS NOW?! WHEN?! Just give me answer!!!

MaverickHunterX said:

January 10th, 2:34 pm

Love the new Namco selection, but hope to see the 2010 Splatterhouse remake on there on day…

Mando44646 said:

January 10th, 2:54 pm

Glad I can play these free of charge on Xbox One. No way I’d pay to replay games I already own

micturator said:

January 10th, 3:29 pm

Could PS Now subscribers get some splinter cell games from Ubisoft put on the service? Also, how about some Hard Corps Uprising from Konami? Better yet, could Sony put a wishlist of games PS Now subscribers would want on the service as a new feature of the service?

Kayla-kaze said:

January 10th, 3:35 pm

Can you guys make clear, easy to parse posts? Two lists: “Games Added to PS Now” and “Games Removed from PS Now”. It’d make things much easier.

ManjoumeThunder said:

January 10th, 4:26 pm

Will more Bravia TVs be added to the compatibility list?

DemigodKyle said:

January 10th, 6:00 pm

Please add kingdom hearts 2 to PS now

SaintME said:

January 16th, 5:26 am

Could you please add Harvest Moon and Save the Homeland to PlayStation Now. PlayStation Now is a great idea as there are no gaming rentals left in my city. There are lots of games to chose from on PS Now, but they are mostly B titles, so this should dictate the monthly price. $9.99 per month would be fair. Thank you for a good service.

Eldofon7 said:

January 21st, 2:51 pm

I see, Tales of Zestiria and enhanced version of Dark Souls 2 was added to service. That is great! Thanks very much.

JetBlackx said:

January 22nd, 5:35 pm

Can you get NieR on here? I’ll happily subscribe for that.