Farpoint

Jan 06

Jan 06

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 1/10/2017

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The stage is set. The spotlight is bright. The crowd is roaring. The world renowned vocaloid prepares for another performance in Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone, launching next week on PS4.

Celebrate all things Miku with Future Tone, a massive collection of songs and pure arcade gameplay. Two different sets of music on PlayStation Store (Future Sound and Colorful Tone) come packing more than 220 songs for you to master. With callouts to classic SEGA games (OutRun, Space Channel 5, Valkyria Chronicles) and plenty of unlockables, this will keep Miku fans singing for a while.

Finally, you may notice a few changes with The Drop as we move into the new year. Starting this week, we’ll begin including more PlayStation Store coverage right here on The Drop in lieu of a dedicated PS Store Update post. In addition to revealing the week’s new releases, The Drop will curate a list of other content starting each Tuesday, from major add-ons and DLC to select discounts, themes, and more. Let us know what you think!

Have a great 2017, and enjoy the Drop!

Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone

The Drop

New Releases: Week of January 10, 2017
PS4 — Digital (Out 1/12)

Arcade Archives NeoGeo Fatal Fury

Fatal Fury is a fighting game launched in 1991 by SNK. Players take part in brutal street fights in a variety of locations, with the goal of toppling the infamous crime lord Geese Howard. The game included very unique features when compared to other fighting games available at the time, including a special Line Battle system that allowed players to traverse between the foreground and background.

PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital

Asdivine Hearts

One year ago, the world of Asdivine was enveloped by a brilliant flash of light. Since that time, the influence of shadow has continued to grow ever more powerful across the face of the land. Asdivine Hearts boasts plenty of subquests, a battle arena, treasure to dig for, and an enemy guide to complete. How far can you level and how many millions of damage points can you dish out?

PS4 — Digital

Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone

Explore the infinite world of Hatsune Miku through the most comprehensive Project Diva game ever released! Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone Prelude comes with two songs and modules to customize. To unlock the full potential of Future Tone, purchase two packs bursting with 220 songs: Future Sound and Colorful Tone.

Life of Black Tiger
PS4 — Digital (Out 1/12)

Life of Black Tiger

The story of a black tiger, born as a variant and abandoned by his parents and brothers, fights against human and shows his love to his family. You can have a vivid and realistic experience set in jungle, field, and forest. Acting as a cruel hunter in the vast plains and fields, players are thrown into a fight against human beings and other beasts of prey.

PS4 — Digital (Out 1/13)

Planet 2000

Experience futuristic vehicular combat in this fast paced strategy game. Assemble your team from a crew of fully realized AI companions as you take part in epic land battles. Your objective is to destroy the enemy’s base before they destroy yours.

PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Spheroids

In Spheroids you take control of Lucas, a jumpy Canadian boy who sets out on an adventure with his crazy scientist companion Otto after it’s discovered that the government has been hiding alternative universes from the cubic world they live in. Unfortunately, these alternative universes contain spheres that wish to turn everything round, so it’s up to Lucas to save the world from these dangerous aliens: the Spheroids.

PS4 — Digital (Out 1/13)

Sylvio

Sylvio is a psychological horror game set in a tranquil, disturbing atmosphere. Ghost recorder Juliette Waters trespasses into an abandoned family park, shut down since a landslide in 1971. The voices of the deceased captured on her reel-to-reel recorder reveals a tale of an evil curse and a wicked family cult, currently living in the park.

PS Vita — Digital

Xenoraid

Xenoraid is an intense scrolling shoot ’em up with dynamic combat. Classic action gameplay with modern features like procedurally driven missions, fighter switching, and squadron management make Xenoraid a fresh and thrilling shooter!

PlayStation Music Logo

• The Flaming Lips – Oczy Mlody
  • The xx – I See You
  • Code Orange – Forever

PlayStation Video Logo

• Queen of Katwe

PlayStation Vue Logo

• 74th Golden Globe Awards- January 8 at 8/7c (NBC)
  • Taboo- January 10 at 10/9c (FX)
  • Full Frontal With Samantha Bee- January 11 at 10:30/9:30c (TBS)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

paulogy said:

January 6th, 2:05 pm

Huzzah, The Drop returns! The changes to the format seem interesting, so I’m looking forward to seeing how it goes in this new year.

kratos1984 said:

January 6th, 2:34 pm

I’m sure Colin M. is glad it’s back.

TomG1013 said:

January 6th, 3:01 pm

Your boy Colin M will 100% probably be excited about the drop only when all game descriptions are coherent and make sense. Then that bad boy is gonna get printed and stuck on the fridge.

Tank_610 said:

January 10th, 10:46 am

The drop is “meh”. I prefer the regular PlayStation store update that actually showed EVERYTHING. All the prices with ps plus discounts and the comparisons with the regular price and sale price. So much more details were included. The drop just seems like a lazy way out with just posting a few games that are being released. Hopefully the drop gets more in depth with the dames and new releases/add ons in the very near future.

Quique19_96 said:

January 6th, 2:07 pm

So excited for Future Tone!! Can’t wait to play it :D

Randinator-_001 said:

January 6th, 2:07 pm

Still waiting for konami to decrease the price of MGSV to $30 digitally.. The retail version is $20 but i prefer to buy digital..

buddyslack said:

January 6th, 5:34 pm

Not sure if its still in the sale but I just picked it up off EU store for £12, thats about $15

Just checked, its still on sale for the next 14 days

fecks said:

January 7th, 3:54 am

Fantastic game! missions are very addicting. Replay value 8/10

Randinator-_001 said:

January 7th, 7:41 am

Thanks for the info! i’ll try to maka a EU acc…

KazeEternal said:

January 6th, 2:13 pm

that’s surprising found something I might want in the second week of january.
Asdivine Hearts Vita.

ninhoPROJECT said:

January 6th, 2:23 pm

Esperava o The King of Fighters 2002 Ultimate Match de PS2 sendo relançado para PS4 via retrocompatibilidade. :-(

Travieon said:

January 6th, 2:25 pm

Sadly no sign of APB Reloaded. But These games are nice!

TrueAssassin86x said:

January 7th, 4:20 am

I’ve been playing it on xbox 1 its trash i deleted it two weeks after i download it you aint missing much.

gameman15 said:

January 6th, 2:27 pm

Nothing for me this week.

Fatal Fury: Not a big SNK fan.
Asdivine Hearts, Xenoraid, Spheroids: It’s been 5 years since the PS Vita came out and it’s still getting nothing but indie games, shovelware games, and Final Fantasy-wannabees. No wonder I sold my PS Vita.
Hatsune Miku Project Diva Future Tone: Meh, just something to keep weeaboos occupied.
Life of Black Tiger: A game made for vegan animal-rights nutheads.
Planet 2000: Oh boy, a Command and Conquer knock-off, with vehicles.
Sylvio: AKA “Poor man’s Silent Hill/Resident Evil”.

gameman15 said:

January 6th, 4:26 pm

Now before all you kids out there spam messages full of immature insults on me, I am not bashing on the PS Vita. I am not. I do like the system (along with the concept of console-quality games on a handheld system), it’s just that I’m disappointed in Sony and their third-parties not giving the PS Vita any support (indie games, shovelware games, and japanese games don’t count). That’s why I sold my PS Vita. Had Sony and their third-parties actually support the PS Vita with games that will catch everyone’s eyes (WWE ’13/2K14, Transformers Devastation, Diablo III, just to name a few), then maybe, just maybe, I would have never sold my PS Vita.

CookieCuttinCook said:

January 6th, 7:02 pm

Why aren’t you banned? Your posts are needlessly juvenile and aggressive. It’s embarrassing.

rabidninjamonky said:

January 6th, 11:42 pm

I don’t know why you would expect AAA games to be released in January, especially on the vita. If you want to play AAA games, a bunch just came out in November and December like every year ever, plus there were tons of sales during the holidays. Maybe you should have gotten some then. Asdivine Hearts is not a Final Fantasy wannabe either, it’s just a turn-based rpg. If all turn-based rpgs were the same, then Asdivine Hearts and Final Fantasy would both be Dragon Quest/Warrior wannabes. I play a lot of Kemco rpgs on my phone, and the Asdivine games are some of the best ones. I never played Asdivine Hearts though, so I’ll definitely pick it up if it’s 10 or less. Xenoraid looks pretty good too.

deadendblues said:

January 7th, 3:52 am

I feel bad for the guy he thinks transformers and WWE are PS Vita saving games. Sigh with tastes like those I’m surprised he thinks we value his opinion on games at all.

jgrizzle358 said:

January 9th, 3:45 am

Sylvio has a 9 out of 10 on Steam average rating. That renders your argument about that game invalid

smokeydahair said:

January 6th, 2:27 pm

How about clarification on the release date for the PlayStation 4 Platinum Wireless Headset? Amazon and everyone else has the 31st, you guys said the 12th.

SlashGashTerror1 said:

January 9th, 3:08 pm

Yeah guys seriously……my golds are really close to going on me

siriusbee said:

January 6th, 2:39 pm

I think the substituting the Store Update with the Drop sounds good (as long as it Drops by Tuesday every week!), with a couple of notes:

1. Let’s not lose some of the details usually provided by the Store updates. For e.g. prices & links to the Store are missing in this post.
2. I like the longer descriptions provided for each game above, quite useful

Anyway, good stuff. Looking forward to the new format! (although we will all miss Grace Chen)

OniJsan said:

January 6th, 2:49 pm

The wait for Future Tone is soon over! Glad it made it to the west.

dkarlowicz10 said:

January 6th, 2:52 pm

The store update would have sales listed. If the store update will be included in the drop, \will there still be a separate post for the sales?

Also, I know that you guys were on vacation between Christmas and New Years so limited blog entries were understood. But what happened this week? We barely got any blog posts. I complain because I missed you guys.

dkarlowicz10 said:

January 6th, 2:54 pm

And why did Activision delist a bunch of games? Maybe next time that happens, give us a warning so we can purchase the games prior to them being delisted.

TrueAssassin86x said:

January 7th, 4:18 am

Ask activivision not sony. But you can still buy all thoses game physically.

Tatanka2007 said:

January 8th, 11:09 am

Out of curiosity what games were delisted? Thanks!

Tatanka2007 said:

January 8th, 11:16 am

I looked it up. They delisted Amazing Spiderman 1-2 and the last Turtles game. I don’t think the world is gonna cry if these titles (especially the Spider-Man movie tie-ins) are mothballed. Turtles had a short life, but so did the first release of Deadpool.

glassmusic said:

January 6th, 3:01 pm

I’m really sad to see the weekly Store Update posts being replaced by The Drop! I really enjoyed having all the week’s sales in one place.

MrBeens said:

January 6th, 3:37 pm

Nothing is replacing anything. The Drop happens on Friday, and then The Store Update happens on Tuesday.

There wasn’t a Store Update this week because nothing was released on the store this week.

Letters2Kay said:

January 8th, 10:12 pm

@MrBeens didn’t read the post.

“Starting this week, we’ll begin including more PlayStation Store coverage right here on The Drop in lieu of a dedicated PS Store Update post.”

MrBeens said:

January 9th, 9:36 am

Ah! Well then I agree, that’s really stupid! Where are the DLC and Sales announcements going to go? Also I use the Store Update posts to actually let me know that the store is actually ready to go and not still having stuff added to it. Really stupid Sony!

Letters2Kay said:

January 9th, 9:05 pm

Right? I’m with you, Beens. We need a complete list, not a post with the key highlights. It’s only going to make it difficult to keep up with new content, particularly DLC for more obscure games. I don’t have a good feeling about this.

YoungBlaise said:

January 6th, 3:12 pm

So Future Tone has 2 songs and you have to buy 2 different packs for the full game?
Guess I’ll have to wait and see what the price is.
Need to see gameplay for Asdivine Hearts.
I was just thinking about Spheroids the other day lol didn’t know the title though. Good week :)

AliciaDarky said:

January 6th, 5:48 pm

It’ll be $29.99 each or $53.99 for both, which will include around 220 songs in total.

A heaven for any rythm player that don’t mind looks (this referring that automatically dislike games just because they look “too japanese”).

RKumono said:

January 7th, 11:08 am

Future Tone is Free. It contains 2 songs: 1/6 Out of the Gravity (Colorful Tone Demo) and Weekender Girl (Future Sound Demo)

Colorful Tone (Addon Pack) is $29.99. It contains over 100 songs that were in the previous releases of the Project Mirai series from the Nintendo 3DS (Mirai 1, Mirai 2, Mirai DX, not all released in the US) and songs that were exclusive to Project Diva Arcade.

Future Sound (Addon Pack) is $29.99. It contains over 120 songs that were in the previous releases of the Hatsune Miku: Project Diva series (Project Diva, Project Diva 2, Project Diva Extend from the PSP, as well as Project Diva f and Project Diva F2 from Vita/PS3).

Both packs can be purchased together for a discounted price of $53.99. It is unknown if any PS Plus discounts will be on these soon or not.

Content Source: Gematsu Article on JP Release from March 2016

Price Source: Sega Future Tone Website

Necroadr said:

January 6th, 3:15 pm

What happened to PS2 games on PS4?

OniJsan said:

January 6th, 3:18 pm

Both packs combined will run you above $50. Still that’s like way moreas songs as Diva F , F 2nd, and X combined.

Raupy88 said:

January 6th, 3:53 pm

I need more psvr games!

Tomoprime said:

January 6th, 5:05 pm

It doesn’t take a keen eye to see…
Planet 1138 or 2000 is a scam!

Tomoprime said:

January 6th, 7:13 pm

Even the asset store items are unchanged in the video. Hover9K is one of the vehicles shown when ‘all units attacking base’.

BlindMango said:

January 10th, 6:53 pm

It’s almost weekly now that at least one really questionable game hits the store now. I really don’t want the PlayStation Store to fall into a horrendous Steam-quality library filled with pure junk. This week we get Life of Black Tiger and Planet 2000, for real? I know developers work hard on their games but those developers also need to be told a certain quality has to be reached before getting on the platform. I hope Sony’s quality control goes back up to the standards they went by a few years ago…

Tjoeb123 said:

January 6th, 5:29 pm

But, umm…..it’s exactly the same format!!

…Unless you mean you’re gonna update this post on Tuesday of the following week? ‘Cause I’m reading this on a Friday and nothing’s changed. …Yet.

paulogy said:

January 7th, 1:58 pm

I took it to mean this coming Tuesday, and weeks thereafter, will be the updated Store/Drop post.

TurdFerguson204 said:

January 6th, 5:58 pm

Life of Black Tiger. I wonder how much Sony will charge us for a game that is free on Google Play? Anyone else find it kind of crazy the price increase that gets put on pc and mobile ports?

TwinDad said:

January 6th, 6:36 pm

So now we get a “preview” The drop on Friday with next weeks releases.

Then a “dropping today” feature on Tuesday?

Tefrin said:

January 6th, 6:47 pm

Does Future Tone have any PSVR modes?

Beyondthegrave07 said:

January 6th, 7:11 pm

Ah yeah, welcome back Ryan!!!

magicmix13 said:

January 6th, 8:30 pm

Based on my avatar, it’s probably easy to tell which game I am getting.

Gemmie12 said:

January 7th, 2:34 am

You’re not the only one… ;) ;)

DragonLord1389 said:

January 6th, 9:19 pm

Cannot wait until Tuesday finally arrives. I held off on getting the Japanese version of Future Tone because I knew Sega would localize it. Just three more days and the wait will finally be over. Future Tone is such an amazing way to start off the new year for gaming. Luckily I have Tuesday off, so I can just spend the entire day binge playing it.

I’ll probably pick up Asdivine Hearts as well. It looks like it could have potential to be a neat little game.

Gemmie12 said:

January 7th, 2:41 am

Can’t wait for Future Tone in a few days, already have my PSN wallet stuffed just for this!!! I actually started playing Project DIVA officially since F/f came out and currently have that, plus F2nd and X. Haven’t owned the ones prior to F/f due to getting a PSN Japan currency card and exchange(CAD-JPY), but i did play The Dreamy Theater varients at an anime convention I went to.

TrueAssassin86x said:

January 7th, 4:14 am

Sylvio for me judging from PC gameplay seems like Sylvio is a game for me. Nothing else for me though till Resident Evil 7 and Nioh. I totally forgot about the Friday drop lol

Vextalon said:

January 7th, 4:44 am

So when can we pre order the Flame and The Flood?Does anyone know how much it will run for?

Kemikalz said:

January 7th, 5:15 am

Hatsune Miku Future Tone is seriously the best way to start this year. Anyone who has ever even slightly enjoyed Rock Band or Guitar Hero can easily find love in Miku games. I know there’s TONS of people who have played those games, but Miku games are just a concentrated version of Vocaloid genre! 220+ songs for only 54 dollars is an absolute STEAL! That would be close to 500 dollars on Rock Band or Guitar Hero, pricing them at 2 dollars each.

Timmehh15 said:

January 7th, 7:42 am

Day 1 purchase for sure!

PK_Haseo said:

January 7th, 6:38 am

Xenoraid…like.

Breed_62569 said:

January 7th, 7:28 am

Looks like I won’t Be Buying any games this week.

ichigorocks999 said:

January 7th, 7:40 am

And here I am still waiting for the ape escape 3 ps2ps4 release

Timmehh15 said:

January 7th, 7:42 am

Future tone!!! Finally

ElektroDragon said:

January 7th, 9:53 am

I guess we’re starting the new year off with a whimper. At least I started it with a bang.

showcanada said:

January 7th, 12:29 pm

I’d really appreciate if you guys put the price of the game up there too. Also the developers if possible. It’s so easy to do, yet will definitely help us out. Please.

UNREALGOD said:

January 7th, 8:12 pm

gravity rush2 please hurry up!

RoD_GX said:

January 8th, 5:24 am

“You won’t believe what’s in store”
Not only do I believe it, I can also guess: MORE JUNK! YAY!
The bad thing about next week is sony’s ultimate thrash and PSVita suPOORt. The good thing is the Switch announcement on Thursday. What’s wrong Shuhei Yoshida? “The weather is not good for handhelds?”
Then OPEN YOUR EYES, you stupid soab!

DimjackUSA said:

January 8th, 6:49 pm

I saw the banner at us blog after xmas wave, FFXV discount will be back. When?

Letters2Kay said:

January 8th, 10:06 pm

I have been reading the store update post since its inception, so a decade, give or take? I rely on that post to show me all the new content released each week- games, DLC, etc. Without it, I would miss a lot more stuff than I do. Checking the store online and on the console is slow and lags so badly… it is poorly organized and gets more and more so as it gets flashier and tries to be modern. In the “old days,” I could pull up a full list of new releases on PS3 and see everything, but it is not as easy these days and I will truly miss the blog update that saved me from scrolling multiple, slow menus on the console, searching for what is new… [1/2]

Letters2Kay said:

January 8th, 10:06 pm

[2/2] I hope the new Tuesday Drop posts will be as informative and thorough, but I am certainly weary of that. Is it so hard to inform us of the new content published with a formal update each week? Is it that much of a burden? I’ll try to stay hopeful, but the lack of interest from this blog in informing customers over the past few months has been concerning, and this turn of events does not inspire confidence. If you don’t tell us what’s out there, we don’t know about it and we don’t buy it. The store update posts generate sales, and you will inevitably see a decline if you neglect to inform your loyal customers.

TJ_Solo said:

January 9th, 6:09 am

This blog is but one tool to use in staying informed about video games. Don’t do predictions. It’s petty and self-serving.

Letters2Kay said:

January 9th, 9:02 pm

Oh, you’re so right! Silly me.

Letters2Kay said:

January 10th, 11:08 pm

Again, totally right. Here I was predicting SOMETHING and we got NOTHING.

Looks like what little confidence I had in these promised Tuesday DROP posts was far too much.

NeoSkyte said:

January 9th, 8:21 am

Well I already own the Japanese copy of Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Arcade Future Tone so I don’t really need that. I might get Fatal Fury since I don’t own a copy of the game and based on the gameplay on YouTube it looks like something I’ll enjoy. Xenoraid might be a fun shmup to play I’ll do a bit of research about the game before I’ll buy it of course.

malandroviskyus said:

January 9th, 8:49 am

WE NEED PSVR GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KDaddy463 said:

January 9th, 9:57 am

Ape Escape 3! Where is it?

the_soulless_py said:

January 9th, 10:12 am

I paid 100$ for future tone T.T (japonese version)

Lilfrenzy said:

January 9th, 10:43 pm

I know its not much comfort but Thank you. I’m sure people like you made it possible for us to get it in NA

RyuuHou24 said:

January 9th, 7:11 pm

Planet 2000 looked so horribly bad just from that singular awfully created picture there, I went and looked into it.

Really? REALLY? Please stop putting these awful Steam Greenlight games on the PS4, there’s a reason people are outright mocking Steam for letting so much crap get on their storefront these days. Have SOME standards, Sony!

Hell, this and Life of Black Tiger, they both look like games that should have been created 15 years ago and forgotten about already because they’re terrible. Just because people CAN create a “game”, doesn’t mean you should put it on your store front, Sony!

Welmosca said:

January 10th, 10:58 am

This new format looks cool but its better to leave themes and discounts out of it,DLCs are something that I always thought that should be in The Drop but themes and discounts may make things a bit too cluttered.Oh well its a wait and see.

BTW what a shame that Future Tone ain’t releasing for Vita.

brianbrian93 said:

January 10th, 12:36 pm

It’s the second week without weekly sales, not even flash sales last week. Why? :(

mmitch079 said:

January 10th, 3:56 pm

Keep the store update posts. Quit being lazy.

carabu said:

January 10th, 5:14 pm

I guess they were so embarrassed by this weeks deals they didn’t even bother to post the update.

LonelyBoy9412 said:

January 10th, 8:03 pm

So are there no weekly deals this week?

PainOfSarrow said:

January 10th, 9:16 pm

Whats with the no store updates lately. ? Last week also it wasn’t posted. Also no weekly sales. Terrible way to start 2017. Step it up

PAGE 1 2