Paragon

Jan 13

Jan 13

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 1/17/2017

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

It’s time to take gravity for a spin. The colorful, dizzying, and pulse-pounding world of Kat comes spiraling back into the spotlight next week with Gravity Rush 2, out January 20 on PS4.

Continuing her search for answers, our high-flying hero Kat faces new enemies in the soaring open world of Gravity Rush 2. With Raven by her side, Kat must master three unique styles of gravity-bending combat in order to unravel the riddles of her origin and save the very universe itself from a terrible fate.

For a full list of new games coming to PlayStation next week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

The Drop

New Releases: Week of January 17, 2017
PS4 — Digital

2064: Read Only Memories

Neo-San Francisco, 2064 AD. Your life as a struggling journalist is interrupted by the world’s first sapient machine, a ROM (Relationship and Organizational Manager) named Turing. Together, you and the quirky robot will encounter a colorful cast of locals and overcome challenges as you uncover the city’s secrets behind the overlapping futures of technology and humanity. Can you survive in Neo-SF? Or will the mystery go unsolved?

PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Atelier Shallie Plus

Atelier Shallie has returned with additional features on PS Vita! Experience the world of Atelier through the expanded stories of the two Shallies as they meet characters from previous Dusk entries and use alchemy to fulfil their goals in this conclusion to the enchanting Dusk trilogy.

PS4 — Digital

Dead Effect 2

Dead Effect 2 is a sci-fi horror first-person shooter set aboard a derelict colonization spaceship. Stand up to the challenge as an elite soldier and try to seize control of the monster-infested ship.

PS4, PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star

Experience lightning-fast battlefield action across an epic story! In the digital realm of SE.RA.PH, the Holy Grail War is over, but the land’s new ruler faces challenges and threats from all sides. Those Servants who survived the war now find themselves drawing up tense and unlikely alliances, preparing for a conflict that may tear SE.RA.PH apart… or destroy it entirely.

PS4 — Digital

Flame and the Flood: Complete Edition

The Flame in the Flood: Complete Edition is a wilderness survival game in which a girl and her dog travel on foot and by raft down a procedurally-generated river. Scrounge for resources, craft tools, remedy afflictions, evade the vicious wildlife and, most importantly, stay healthy in a dangerous wilderness.

Gravity Rush 2
PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 1/20)

Gravity Rush 2

Another mind-bending adventure awaits gravity queen Kat as a new danger emerges to threaten the fabric of the universe itself. Still searching for clues behind the mystery of her origin, and with the powerful Raven at her side, Kat must master three unique gravity attack styles as she takes on enemies and massive bosses.

PS4 — Digital

Joe's Diner

Somewhere along the venerable Route 7, in the middle of nowhere, you will find Joe’s Diner. As an employee working the graveyard shift for the next month, your primary task is to keep the tables clean — no tough challenge at all. Unfortunately, the old diner was built on the site of a burial ground…

PS4 — Digital

Quest of Dungeons

Quest of Dungeons is a turn-based dungeon crawler and a roguelike, featuring a good old 16-bit retro artistic look. An evil Dark Lord has stolen all the light, so your mission is to enter his lair and defeat him. By playing as either a Warrior, a Wizard, an Assassin, or a Shaman, you have to traverse dungeons, defeat enemies, and loot everything you can in order to survive.

PS4 — Digital

RWBY: Grimm Eclipse

Get ready for intense combat action as you battle Grimm across familiar locations of Remnant including new areas never before seen in the show. Play as Ruby, Weiss, Blake, and Yang in this character-driven adventure that explores new storylines, new Grimm types, and a new villain!

PS4 — Digital

Siegecraft Commander

Play through the Knight campaign as you battle against the tribal Lizardmen or enjoy the groundbreaking PvP combat system that will deliver fast-paced real-time strategy action or tactical turn-based gameplay. The objective of each battle is to destroy the opponent’s keep. Players can decide to either quickly attack an opponent’s base, adopt a more defensive strategy by fortifying their own headquarters, or maintain a balance of offense and defense.

PS Vita — Digital

Supermagical

Welcome to the incredible world of Supermagical, where bubble popping has never been so much fun! Supermagical is a unique puzzle adventure with a rich world to explore, an award-winning soundtrack, and tons of powers, spells, pets, and mounts to unlock.

PlayStation Music Logo

• AFI — AFI (The Blood Album)
  • Starset — Vessels
  • Nicky Jam — Fénix

PlayStation Video Logo

• Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
  • Trespass Against Us
  • Surf’s Up 2: Wave Mania

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Is O.J. Innocent? The Missing Evidence — January 15 at 9/8c (Investigation Discovery)
  • Scandal — January 19 at 9/8c (ABC)
  • Baskets — January 19 at 10/9c (FX)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

gerneric123 said:

January 13th, 2:03 pm

when is the switch version of gravity rush 2

veryhoudini11 said:

January 13th, 3:18 pm

Never. And if you meant vita, also never.

Sonic-Boom said:

January 14th, 5:05 pm

by the time zelda breath of the wild hits PS4

MakaiOokami said:

January 14th, 9:33 pm

It’s adorable you think the switch is going to be something 3rd parties care about. I live in the real world where games have a 3-6GB day 1 update, and I can’t imagine 32GB of the switch lasting very long, and people aren’t going to drop 50+ dollars for an SD card to update games, and so the switch will just end up collecting dust and getting pulled out for the semi-annual Nintendo game release before Nintendo decides they’re giving up on consoles and announces a true 3DS successor.

phacebunt said:

January 15th, 12:15 pm

Now come on Makai, we all know the switch will get about half a year’s worth of crap ports before developers forget it exists. Don’t be so pessimistic.

fellgao said:

January 15th, 7:06 pm

Gravity Rush 2 for me! Have been waiting for it for a long long time. The games officially opens the awesome gaming season of 2017! :D

enobmahkinnops said:

January 15th, 8:01 pm

Takao going off the presser everybody. ;)

Swaytekk14 said:

January 16th, 8:20 am

Phacebunt in all fairness you just described the ps4’s first year and a half.

MakaiOokami said:

January 16th, 10:26 pm

@ Swaytekk14 Resogun, Knack, and Killzone Shadowfall were better launch titles than what I can find for the Switch minus Wii U ports.

Snipperclippers, 1-2-Switch, and Bomberman R.

Ironically if I were to get a Switch Bomberman R would be the thing I cared about that wasn’t a Wii U game. My wife and I played a lot of PS3 Bomberman.

jamaalmeans757 said:

January 17th, 7:43 am

Please PlayStation when is the power rangers game coming out

Mercenary09 said:

January 13th, 2:05 pm

So many great games this week. Gravity Rush 2, 2064: Read Only Memories and The Flame in the Flood: Complete Edition. The week after is going to be crazy as well.

PrometheusUFO said:

January 13th, 2:06 pm

Sooooo… where’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Mega Battle? :(

gameman15 said:

January 13th, 3:36 pm

I personally don’t care if they don’t show MMPR Mega Battle because I’m actually pretty disappointed in that game. I know and I understand that there are some, if otherwise, most MMPR fans that will enjoy that game, but personally, I rather have a Power Rangers game made by Koei Tecmo and Omega Force (the same people who did the Dynasty Warriors games). If they can make a One Piece game, a Zelda game, and a Gundam game made in the style of Dynasty Warriors, I’m sure they can do the same with a Power Rangers game.

StuTX said:

January 14th, 6:06 pm

@gameman15 that would be awesome!

collectiverock87 said:

January 13th, 2:07 pm

Isn’t Power Rangers: Mega Battle supposed to release this week?

Torracat83 said:

January 17th, 3:18 pm

It was. They just forgot to mention it.

OctoWhopper said:

January 13th, 2:22 pm

Good week for animu lovers like me
I love my animus…

Metalrocker said:

January 15th, 5:51 pm

I’ll drink to that!

diegofono said:

January 13th, 2:33 pm

For when the week sale or flash sale?

LaurenLark said:

January 14th, 11:19 am

So many goods yes!!! Dungeons capture me everytime

Vyprstryke said:

January 13th, 2:37 pm

I thought the new Power Rangers beat em up was out on the 17th or is that a 1st on xbox thing?

YoungBlaise said:

January 13th, 2:44 pm

Great week!
Gonna pick up Gravity Rush 2 and Fate Extella
RWBY is a big maybe lol
Atelier series seems interesting.
Great Line Up :D

Milanzzo said:

January 13th, 3:07 pm

Nice to see The Drop is back this year
Any reasons why there’s not any ps store update since weeks? (Did someone get fired? lol)

specimen79 said:

January 13th, 3:17 pm

Yes, where is Grace Chen and the store updates?
    Would be nice to have an update or some information.

AizawaYuuichi said:

January 13th, 6:10 pm

Well, on last week’s The Drop, Ryan said they’d be rolling the info from the Store Update post into The Drop, rather than having a separate post. They followed through on not making a separate post, but they also never put any extra information in The Drop.
    So this will be the make or break week. Do they actually want people to buy stuff on PSN anymore, or did I just waste the last year and a half by going full digital?

jthax said:

January 13th, 9:37 pm

The store updates are literally the only reason I usually come here. Sale info and major DLC releases were nice to see all in one place. Major game release news is everywhere, but nowhere else consolidated everything.

SpooNManX said:

January 13th, 11:34 pm

Yeah, same here. The PSN Store updates are what keeps me coming back here.
    Without those updates I’d probably not come back here.

Hav0kspartan said:

January 17th, 10:01 am

Same here but they dont care.

theholyghostuk said:

January 17th, 5:52 pm

A lot of people mainly come here for the Store Update to gain knowledge of releases, prices and sales. As error strewn as it was (I don’t remember a single week without at least one mistake), it was convenient and much easier than browsing the store. The Drop, on the other hand is useless: an incomplete list of new releases with a brief description of the game cut and pasted from the publisher’s PR.
    Social Media Specialist(!) Ryan Clements told us that Store Update blog would be discontinued and that the info would be incorporated into the Drop. This hasn’t happened. The last 3 weeks, the Drop has remained the same, and there has been no Store Update blog. I don’t know whether that is to hide the lack of decent sales so far this year, or just laziness.
    This blog is supposed to be about the community, and for the benefit of the customer. Instead, we are treated like fools, our comments are censored or ignored, and the only responses we get are inane comments like “Beyond!” Or “I’m super hyped for that game too, bro!”
    I doubt this post will get a serious response, but I hope we get some sort of explanation and that if others feel the same, they too air their views.

Milanzzo said:

January 19th, 2:18 pm

So now i see they don’t give a heck about us customers.. Only post about playstation store update this week is a direct link to “the ps store”.
    Conclusion is that there is no real sales.. on the contrary, in europe store they have tons of deals with the january sale. So tell me they are giving good public relations service atm cause i see none.

Milanzzo said:

January 19th, 2:18 pm

theDSsucks said:

January 13th, 5:44 pm

where are the Store Updates?

Milanzzo said:

January 14th, 2:23 pm

As said above.. what was written on “The Drop” last week;
    “Finally, you may notice a few changes with The Drop as we move into the new year. Starting this week, we’ll begin including more PlayStation Store coverage right here on The Drop in lieu of a dedicated PS Store Update post. In addition to revealing the week’s new releases, The Drop will curate a list of other content starting each Tuesday, from major add-ons and DLC to select discounts, themes, and more. Let us know what you think!”
    I’m just hoping we’ll get back games sales charts.. i wouldn’t miss not seeing themes, movies and music sales though…

ShadowStar83x said:

January 13th, 7:03 pm

Life of Black Tiger still isn’t in the PS store.

Torracat83 said:

January 13th, 7:27 pm

Wasn’t really anything worth mentioning in the store this week anyway. Not sure why people are so bent out of shape about it.

MrBeens said:

January 13th, 7:49 pm

I and nearly everyone else would like to know what is going on with the store updates. Thanks for completely ignoring us!

SpooNManX said:

January 13th, 11:36 pm

Same.

If they stopped for good I’d probably just stop visiting here.
    I would always use it to pick out games I’d like to buy during sales too.
    Seems like a bad idea to just drop it and ignoring questions about it is equally as bad for them.

Guyper said:

January 13th, 8:33 pm

Do you want to see SEGA make a Street of Rage 4?

Do you want to see CAPCOM make a Final Fight 4?

You definitely can make them do it by buying Double Dragon 4 and prove to them that modern gamers still love beat ’em up genre.

SpooNManX said:

January 13th, 11:38 pm

Double Dragon 4 looks horrible though.
    The weakest port of DD has always been the NES port so to model it after that was a bad idea.

Double Dragon Neon, by Way Forward, was a great game. I also loved what they did with Final Fight Double Impact on the PS3, as well as brawlers such as Scott Pilgrim.

If Capcom and Sega don’t already know there are fans out there, then they will learn nothing from people buying DD4.

SiberianLion said:

January 13th, 8:47 pm

When will Naruto Storm 4: Road to boruto Expansion be available for pre order in the U.S psn store?

Tatanka2007 said:

January 14th, 1:18 am

Hopefully for the upcoming week somebody will do a store update. This week the sales were SO BAD that maybe they were embarrassed.

I’m so glad that Gravity Rush 2 had a demo. I never played the original, but I really didn’t like the movement and awkward camera. It seems like the kind of thing that might get easier with practice. It just turned me off completely. Definitely NO to Gravity Rush 2. Not saying it’s a bad game. Not for me because of the controls and camera.

I advise anyone who hasn’t played the original to try the demo before buying Gravity Rush 2. You really need to experience the demo to see if the movement and camera is for you.

Rainwater said:

January 14th, 3:58 pm

Man, I had such a different reaction; I loved the gravity rush 2 demo. Of course, I liked the first game too and am currently playing it again on my PS4. The controls are definitely not for everyone, but I feel they perfectly capture a being that has very poor control of their powers.

Tommygunnz98 said:

January 18th, 12:06 am

I completely agree, Gravity Rush has been rotting on my vita for a couple of years now, but I don’t have the heart to delete it off my games list. I keep saying I’m gonna play it and every time I do, I’m done with it in ten minutes easy. Now, I have a short attention span and a backlog of at least fifty games, tons of triple a titles etc I buy a new game every week, it’s just something I do. I should just get on with it and delete the damn thing and download it later if need be. Problem is the vita sucks and there’s not much to replace it with.

Gokuhan_Z said:

January 14th, 1:42 am

As others have said, I basically come here for the Store Updates so I can see what’s all on sale. If I can’t get that anymore there’s little reason to come back, and it will lose you potential sales too I’m sure. You think I turn on my 3DS and XBox just too see if anything is on sale or if anything I unexpected got released? I don’t think so,

malandroviskyus said:

January 14th, 5:09 am

No new games for PSVR, this leaves me with a feeling that I was cheated when buying my headset #PSVRRIP

febwtf said:

January 15th, 1:04 pm

Just remember your PSVR purchase kept Sony alive long enough to rip off someone else. Thanks!

Swaytekk14 said:

January 16th, 8:26 am

@febwtf the trust statement ever said

TomatoDragon said:

January 14th, 6:46 am

Gravity Rush 2 and Fate Extella for me.

stefer09 said:

January 14th, 8:45 am

Bring back the store updates… PLEASE!

azimali said:

January 14th, 8:53 am

Why there’s no ps2 – ps4? Going quite since last classic was released.

Kevvik said:

January 17th, 3:15 pm

Dragon Quest VIII is being released.

Except it’s on 3DS instead of PS4 because Sony doesn’t want my money.

vackume said:

January 14th, 8:55 am

Looking forward to playing The Flame in the Flood. Now if only The Long Dark would hop on over to the PS4…

ElektroDragon said:

January 14th, 9:19 am

Quest of Dungeons is freaking awesome guys, you gotta try it, a TRUE ROGUELIKE!!

Elk_mistral said:

January 14th, 11:39 am

waiting for a ps vira release

djsaiyan said:

January 14th, 11:42 am

Guys there were no store updates because there were no updates on the store. There were literally so few new things added the past couple of weeks, making an entire huge post was completely pointless.

Yeesh.

AizawaYuuichi said:

January 15th, 6:59 pm

There was no Store Update on the 3rd, sure. But there was a Drop post on the 6th and a Store Update occurred on the 10th, they just didn’t post any actual information about it besides the slim pickings in The Drop. That doesn’t bode well. That’s why we’re upset. First update of the year went by, and already going back on announcements. I’m hoping we don’t get a repeat this week.

copyofcopy said:

January 14th, 11:54 am

where are the new VR games

pablikenemy79 said:

January 14th, 2:38 pm

At least Dead Effect should be on Vita…

God-Of-Lyf said:

January 14th, 3:56 pm

So excited for Joe’s Diner, said nobody ever…! Nothing for me this week unless we see some good $ales

fisheye11 said:

January 15th, 8:22 am

Why no Quest of Dungeon on Vita? It releases for everything else. Even 3DS.

Kishnabe said:

January 15th, 8:01 pm

Asked the developer. He said each version paid for by the predecessor. One person….he is publishing and developing…..paying out of his own pocket for the PS4 Port. If the PS4 version does well enough..chance for a Vita version.

Getting a Vita dev kit might be pain…let’s hope it does come. Would fit the device well.

HugoStiglitz_420 said:

January 15th, 3:58 pm

So no Road Redemption then.

Today was actually supposed to be it’s release date, and PSLS also had it listed for game releases this week but I knew something was up.

If it’s not on the Drop, it probably isn’t coming out this week.

dracoguardian27 said:

January 15th, 4:26 pm

I cannot wait to lay hands on Fate/Extella

Kishnabe said:

January 15th, 7:58 pm

Gravity Rush 2 out….excited.

Fate Extella…so want….too much backlog to squash…will wait. Hope I can still find a Physical Vita version later down the road.

Gravity Rush DLC SALE please….I don’t want a 67 percent GR.

Kishnabe said:

January 15th, 7:58 pm

Gravity Rush 2 out….excited.

Gravity Rush DLC SALE please….I don’t want a 67 percent GR.

TrueAssassin86x said:

January 16th, 4:44 am

PlayStation the King of PC and IPhone Ports. PlayStation may have the most exclusives but 50% are PC and iPhone Game Ports and charging for free Iphone games Lmao. Anyways another week of working on the old backlog the early reviews turned me off from gravity rush 2 i’ll wait till it hits under 30 dollars.

Amela1511 said:

January 16th, 11:16 am

I kindly ask someone competent here: “What’s happen with US Store”?! Update isn’t done for a month, the holidays are over, so I ask myself who works there at all? Guys who buy at Stores in Europe largerly laugh us…C’mon wake up US!!!!

stArtyrAnt said:

January 16th, 12:10 pm

I’m gonna be really disappointed if Power Rangers Mega Battle doesn’t drop tomorrow.

Tank_610 said:

January 16th, 3:05 pm

I agree, I’ve been waiting for this since the announcement back in October, regardless if this looks mediocre to some people, it’s still a child hood favourite.

Torracat83 said:

January 17th, 5:16 pm

It’s on the store now. They just forgot to mention it:

generalvisler said:

January 16th, 1:21 pm

2064: Read Only Memories only on PS4? No Vita version? :(

Tank_610 said:

January 16th, 3:06 pm

I don’t think power rangers is coming out tomorrow. On metacritic it shows the release for Xbox but for PS4 it says TBD

Tatanka2007 said:

January 16th, 8:11 pm

Okay, so the Drop is basically replacing the Store Updates as someone noted above.

Translation: We don’t want to discount titles. Discounting is bad. Overpriced games is good!

The reaction of us consumers should be: Okay. We’ll make sure to buy less and not renew or buy PS+ accounts.

Shuzer00 said:

January 16th, 11:36 pm

I didn’t know about Fate EXTELLA’s preorder costume for PS4. Is it too late to get it?

djk938 said:

January 17th, 1:51 am

So what is on sale this week??? Or is it another really bad week for sales like last week, so bad they just didn’t mention it at all.

vanillamoose said:

January 17th, 7:46 am

The absence of communication regarding sales is rather disappointing. Due to the lackluster sales being buried in the “$ave” tab of PSN, I have yet to purchase something, this year, from this once fine digital store. Here’s to hoping that the PS blog team will bring back store updates in some form. As long as they include a weekly new releases and sales chart I will be satisfied. Despite all, happy gaming everyone :)

Phoenix9889 said:

January 17th, 9:53 am

Seem like another lackluster week if it’s just 4 games.

LonelyBoy9412 said:

January 17th, 12:11 pm

If anything, it looks like they kept everything they’ve had for the past 2 weeks, except this time, they took out a few things. To be fair thiugh, if there were any good sales this week, it’d probably be the same games we’ve been seeing on sale for a few months now as these current gen consoles barely have any games aside from basic shooters.

Kevvik said:

January 17th, 3:10 pm

Sales are pretty much worse than last week unless you have a QBert obsession.

Alecj22 said:

January 17th, 7:59 am

Wow– an action packed “Drop”.

Glad the doldrums of the post holiday period are over.

So much here…..Gravity Rush 2 looks like a must play.

mamaburra said:

January 17th, 12:34 pm

SONY WHERE THE F— are my weekly sales? Goddamnitall, nothing at all for NA since december.

What the hell is this Drop thing? Where is our Store Update? The whole purpose of this blog is to see the Store Update and the sales. Now there’s none of that. What’s the point of coming here?

I guess I’ll just buy 3ds games instead.

NX_Nytrux said:

January 17th, 2:46 pm

Where are my deals as a PS+ member, where are my 75% OFF. Where?

klassymike said:

January 17th, 2:52 pm

You will have to either check them from the web store, or from your console. I guess this is the new and not so improved way they do the store updates now.

Kevvik said:

January 17th, 3:09 pm

Why not? The big release this week is a real PS2 classic ported to 3DS that Sony owners can only get on disc for their PS2’s or digitally if they own an iPad.

Go figure. You’d think this would be available as a PS2 classic for either PS3 or PS4 by now but you’d be wrong.

captubaplayer said:

January 17th, 2:47 pm

I don’t normally post, but please add my voice to those who aren’t thrilled with the new set-up. I check the blog now and then for news but I use it most for information on the store updates. I like having a rundown of every new game, sale, and add-on content. While I have taught myself how to navigate the webstore and the store on the console, it is by no means well organized and the blog post is where I would go to make sure I didn’t miss any new releases. Disappointed in general by this news.

Kevvik said:

January 17th, 3:04 pm

By not giving us a store update, they are effectively telling us that there are no sales to notify us about. Which is pretty much true again.
    Guess we’ll see if we still get a flash sale this month or if those have gone by the wayside as well.
    Discounts for ps+ members may turn out to be another perk left behind with the price increase in 2017. I could be wrong. I hope so.

PainOfSarrow said:

January 17th, 3:02 pm

Are you joking ? This is the third week of no posted store update. Horrible way to start the new year. Get a grip and get it togehter. Not everyone wants to log in the store just to find random sales.

Kevvik said:

January 17th, 3:05 pm

No real sales to tell you about so why waste time with a post saying it.

Majin_Neo said:

January 17th, 3:03 pm

I do. Love the update on details for each game, but I can’t find where the sales and specials are on the blog. It was so nice having it in one place here. Can we please bring that back?

CaptReynolds said:

January 17th, 3:11 pm

I have to agree that the “new” lack of real information… re: weekly updates/ sales etc… is disappointing. I have never been a fan of “The Drop”. Too little info… never any trailer links… always left me wanting. I’ve just been checking out the blog less and less. I would think that as with any forum like this the idea would be to drum up excitement for the product we all love. AND no sales… seems to me a real reversal towards fans in general. Of course there are no comments from Sony here… so… status quo for 2017… not looking good… :(

LeMatster said:

January 17th, 3:32 pm

The lack of a PS Store update summary truly sucks. Lesser known titles will get even less exposure and the lack of infos about sales will probably hurt those sales.

We don’t even see The Drop anymoreon the 1st page (on mobile) so no one knows what’s being released today.

Torracat83 said:

January 17th, 3:33 pm

Not much I’m interested in.

darkling692 said:

January 17th, 3:45 pm

Can I nominate Dead Effect as the least original game ever?

fecks said:

January 17th, 3:56 pm

Im loving 2064….feels so retro!

PAGE 1 2