PlayStation VR

Feb 01

Feb 01

Play Anime: Save up to 80% on Bandai Namco Games

Dmitryi Khlynin's Avatar Posted by Community Specialist, BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc.

We here at Bandai Namco are obsessed with anime; it inspires us, fires up our imagination. Anime allows us to experience settings and events that we can only dream about in real life and it can transform actual historical events into moving works of art. That’s the true beauty of anime; it parallels so many aspects of our own lives.

So what does anime mean to us? It’s our culture and lifeblood. We strive to immerse the player in a world that allows them to become a super-powered Saiyan from another planet or a young ninja with a dream of becoming the next Hokage. Being able to create and share these amazing experiences with people that love the medium as much as we do is what anime means to us!

Play Anime Sale

This is why we are honored to bring you our Play Anime digital sale; it’s a 2-week event, each week will offer deep discounts on different catalogs of our anime-based games and for the first time ever, Season Passes.

This sale is for anime newcomers and old school seasoned vets alike. So head over to PlayStation Store, pick out a game from your favorite series and get ready to play your anime!

Save up to 80 percent on Play Anime’s Week 1 lineup through February 6. And don’t forget to check back next Tuesday for Week 2 titles.

Enjoy!

PS VITA SWORD ART ONLINE: LOST SONG $7.99 $39.99
PS VITA SWORD ART ONLINE: HOLLOW REALIZATION $31.99 $39.99
PS VITA SWORD ART ONLINE: HOLLOW REALIZATION SEASON PASS $19.99 $24.99

Add Your Own

Mercenary09 said:

February 1st, 11:36 am

That sale on the Xenoverse 2 Season Pass is a joke. Wow a whole $1.50 savings. No thanks.

pablikenemy79 said:

February 1st, 11:40 am

Where’s Pac Man Championship dx for Ps Vita !? Is not on the store, where i can buy it !?

febwtf said:

February 2nd, 9:50 am

It doesn’t exist. There was the non-DX version for PSP but it looks like niether Bamco nor Sony cared enough to check the checkbox on the store so that it’s Vita compatible.

KazeEternal said:

February 1st, 11:43 am

SAO season passes are appealing if they were cross buy. Not really in the mood for a double dip.

Dmitryi Khlynin's Avatar

Dmitryi Khlynin said:

February 1st, 3:31 pm

Howdy! What would you say if I told you that the SAO Season Pass is Cross Buy? IT’S TRUE!

Seluhir said:

February 2nd, 7:32 am

Well, I guess he showed you Kaze.

KidGreengene said:

February 1st, 11:59 am

Ugh… nothing I really want here. I guess I will just have to find a way to suffer through REvii, Horizon Zero Dawn, and the new Playroom VR levels… sigh :(

SeanScythe said:

February 1st, 12:12 pm

Why do we still not have DBZ or One Piece Avatars? Or DBZ Themes? And I’m not talking about that Xenoverse tournament theme. And that Season Pass for DBX2 is really sad.

WeibRabe said:

February 1st, 12:17 pm

When I tried to buy some Vita games, I noticed that there were some taxes to pay apart from the discounted price. Is it something new?

VietKnight said:

February 1st, 12:52 pm

Pretty much depending on where you live there can be tax on digital content.

TheViper4Life said:

February 1st, 12:20 pm

I know you guys are going to defend the decision or you’re just going to ignore this post. But it has to be said.

You should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves for even considering 5% off the Xenoverse 2 Season Pass as a sale item. It’s appalling and insulting to think that saving a $1.50 is even remotely worth it. You’ve only cost yourself sales on it by doing that.

Now worst of all, anyone like me…who’s been waiting for a sale on the XV2 Season Pass…now has to wait for MONTHS before it goes on sale again. Unfortunately for you guys…you’ve only lost my sale on it. I just for the Platinum in the game…I was willing to shell out money on the season pass because I KNEW it was going on sale soon (you guys have a pattern), and this is what you give us? By the time it goes on sale again at a reasonable price (like 50% off), XV2 would have long since been out of mind and I would have moved on to other things.

It really a shame.

Welmosca said:

February 2nd, 8:19 am

I don’t care about Xenoverse but well said.

Tinye310 said:

February 2nd, 8:24 pm

Sales are not obligatory. Sales are not deserved. Any money off the MSRP is undeserving and is in fact grace by the publisher/seller. Entitlement much?

TJ_Solo said:

February 3rd, 2:11 am

It’s a sale. There’s no law or rule that states a sale needs to be more than 5% in order to qualify as a sale. You don’t like it, okay. It is nothing for Namco to be ashamed of.

Zerbog said:

February 1st, 12:23 pm

Question why is the Dragon Ball Xenoverse game + season pass $52 when you can buy the game on sale for $10 and the season pass on sale for $20 individually? Does the bundle come with anything extra for the $22 extra dollars you would spend over buying them individually?

djsaiyan said:

February 1st, 12:56 pm

Would have known about this yesterday if the Store Update posts hadn’t been killed.

PK_Haseo said:

February 1st, 6:51 pm

Would like to see a blog about the Playstation Store Update than reading/listen to The Drop or this post.

Kishnabe said:

February 1st, 7:02 pm

Hello, Dimitry/Namco Bandai

Already have Pirate Warriors 1 from a different sale and Pirate Warriors 3 from a UK Vita import. Please bring back the delisted Pirate Warriors 2…..was waiting for a 3 dollar sale like when I got PW1.

Why…no God Eater Rage Burst 2? God Eater has an anime? I think.

Picked up One Piece Unlimited World Red…got a local buddy to get the AD-Hoc trophy…..

Dmitryi Khlynin's Avatar

Dmitryi Khlynin said:

February 3rd, 2:25 pm

Hello Kishnabe!
    The GOD EATER games should be on sale during next week’s deals. Thanks for picking up One Piece Unlimited World Red, hope you liked it!

Trendy_Kid said:

February 1st, 7:56 pm

God Eater does have an anime, it’s unfinished but it’s really good. It’s on Crunchyroll and I highly recommend it.

Hakumen__ said:

February 2nd, 8:17 am

Maybe it will appear during week 2 of the sale?

altercode-cupid said:

February 3rd, 6:01 am

It’s a two-week sale… maybe next week…

Spacerac said:

February 1st, 8:27 pm

Cough NAMCO MAKE KLONOA 3 Cough

Sorry must be coming down with something.

Dmitryi Khlynin's Avatar

Dmitryi Khlynin said:

February 3rd, 2:26 pm

We <3 Klonoa! Sorry about your cough, hope you feel better!

Elk_mistral said:

February 1st, 8:59 pm

i wondering why Namco Bandai delisted ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS 2 ; ;

rampegz said:

February 1st, 9:39 pm

definitely gonna snatch Re: Hollow Fragment to join the Ranks of my Back Log Gaming, hope someday i can platinumed it like the LS, well i know Plat for LS is super easy and for HF is hard, but gotta try that.

Dmitryi Khlynin's Avatar

Dmitryi Khlynin said:

February 3rd, 2:27 pm

Hollow Fragment is a solid pickup!

ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

February 1st, 10:03 pm

In no rush to play these anime stuff, ill wait for the big sale later this summer.

OnTheBus666 said:

February 1st, 10:38 pm

Really hope that Gundam Vs Force goes on sale for week two. Also it would be really great if we could actually buy gundam Unicorn on the PlayStation store or at least got a $1 rental sale for next week. I seriously want to buy those but they are extremely tough to get. The only way I’ve found for HD copies of Unicorn is buying them piecemeal for $60 a pop on Amazon WTF! I’d pay $10-15 for each one digitally if they would let me.

DesolatiionAngel said:

February 2nd, 2:55 am

What makes you think they care for people who wait for sales on purpose ? …

JeRzYzFyNeSt said:

February 2nd, 4:24 am

SOCOM PS4 make it happennn

KagatoAC said:

February 2nd, 7:33 am

Its called Ghost Recon:Wildlands :D

Vextalon said:

February 2nd, 5:50 am

I noticed none of the Naruto games are on sale. Is that going to be on next week?

Seluhir said:

February 2nd, 7:32 am

Ooh… I might pick up SAO: Hollow Realization

Dmitryi Khlynin's Avatar

Dmitryi Khlynin said:

February 3rd, 2:28 pm

You should! Can’t go wrong with SAO: Hollow Realization! It’s got a cool story.

Welmosca said:

February 2nd, 8:16 am

Nice…shame that I want J-Stars in disc and why is Pac-Man there?…anyway seeing Championship Edition DX there makes me wonder why DX 2 ain’t on the list,hoping its on the 2nd week.

Awsaim said:

February 2nd, 3:29 pm

OMG a whole $1.50 off the Xenoverse 2 season pass? Deal of a lifetime.

mckeetolley12 said:

February 6th, 4:49 pm

Will Dragon Ball XenoVerse be on sale during Week 2 as well?

Skeetlejuice said:

February 7th, 3:50 pm

Week two is up, but no update to this post. I have been waiting for awhile now for Nino kuni wrath of the white witch on PS3. Actually I bought this a week after launch and got sidetracked with other things despite being halfway through the game. I traded it in and I still regret that decision especially with the sequel announcement.

In any case I am glad to buy it for $5 cad despite it taking a lot of space on my 160gb PS3. I only keep the PS3 to play some fighting games with my brother in Japan and this is one of the last few games that I want to finish on the PS3 before I sell it on when my brother finally gets a PS4.

Going back to the PS3 is painful with the store etc, 5 mins to prepare one of 2 downloads on a 100mb connection is a farce. Waiting 20 mins to delete or install it’s like dial up versus PS4 only free online and some exclusive games makes it worthwhile.

Can you please put tekken tag 2 on sale again sometime, same scenario I bought on release. Thank you.

I only hope my retail save is compatible with this digital copy.

tennis_pro21 said:

February 13th, 1:26 pm

They couldn’t have been bothered to give Eyes of Heaven a discount?!