PlayStation VR

Feb 03

Feb 03

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 2/7/2017

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

A lone swordsman from a distant shore. A terrifying demon threat. And the skill to walk the line between life and death. Prepare for the brutal challenge of Nioh, launching February 7 on PS4.

Developed by the action aficionados at Team Ninja, Nioh channels the white-knuckle design philosophy of the Souls series and tasks players with vanquishing insurmountable odds. Guide the samurai William through feudal Japan and face the demonic presence seething across the countryside. Master three distinct combat stances, amass a powerful armory of blades, and wield crackling guardian magic to crush your foes.

For a full list of new games coming to PlayStation, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

The Drop

New Releases: Week of February 7, 2017
PS4 — Digital

8Days

The world has been dominated by dark forces since the beginning of human history. Known as the Masters of Mankind by those directly under their control, these forces will use any means necessary to protect their own interests including starting wars. In 8Days, the mercenary company G.O.D. (Gold, Oil, and Diamonds, Inc) and the 8DAYS Magazine are two modern instruments used to control the masses. You will have to face those conflicts and put them to an end… will you?

PS4 — Digital (Out 2/6)

How to Survive 2

The zombie infection has turned into a worldwide pandemic. You find yourself in Louisiana and your survival chance starts by building a safe camp and becoming a skilled survivalist. Find water, food, and shelter — and talk to the unconventional locals to make your way around.

PS4 — Digital

Kitty Powers Matchmaker

Kitty Powers’ Matchmaker is a hilarious dating simulator with a difference. Manage your own matchmaking agency with the guidance of your fabulous boss, drag queen diva Kitty Powers! Match an endless parade of desperate clients with candidates from Kitty’s little black book and guide them through awkward conversations and dozens of perilous dating dilemmas. Are you ready to bring romance to the world? Or will you leave a sea of broken hearts in your wake?

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Nioh

Ready your blade — grueling encounters await around every corner in this action RPG in a vast land ravaged by civil war. Embrace every defeat as a step along the path to victory. Only in death will you find the way of the samurai.

PS4 — Digital

Onion Knights

Experience exciting adventure with the Onion Knights! Five knights empowers themselves with magical onion juice. Defend the kingdom from an endless swarms of enemies. Defend the realm with your own strategy!

PS VR — Digital

Ping Pong VR

Each environment is styled as a stadium with a fully animated audience, creating an immersive playing environment. VR Ping Pong features several addictive gameplay modes allowing players to experience the thrill of playing Table Tennis with PlayStation VR. Can you become the ultimate VR Ping Pong champion?

PS4 — Digital (Out 2/6)

So Many Me!

So Many Me is a mind bending puzzle platformer with the added bonus of robust blobby cuteness. Discover new transformational abilities as you progress through each chapter. Earn your rewards when you solve puzzles. Dozens of adorable costumes, ancient artifacts, and bonus levels are waiting for you!

PS4 — Digital

Super Gunworld 2

Using the GunSeed mechanic, collect seeds to grow guns anywhere in the environment. Plant seeds to grow and harvest GunPlants for weapons, or GunTurrets to indirectly attack out of reach enemies. Explore GunWorld and battle monsters to find hidden secrets, gold, and earn valuable experience points.

PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Uncanny Valley

Welcome to Uncanny Valley — an unsettling, story-driven survival horror where nothing is as it seems. Explore an isolated facility and solve its many mysteries, but be warned: the choices you make have meaningful consequences that will determine your fate. Play through multiple times to reveal all of Uncanny Valley’s darkest secrets.

Other Highlights
  • For Honor: Open Beta (Feb. 9 to Feb. 12)
  • Star Trek Online: Agents of Yesterday (new content launch) is coming 2/14
  • World of Tanks: 1 Year Anniversary on PS, everyone receives a special tank, emblems and bonus XP – starts 2/10, ends 2/27
  • Honor and Duty: New patch adds multiplayer functionality

PlayStation Music Logo

PlayStation Video Logo

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Puppy Bowl — February 5 at 3/2c (Animal Planet)
  • Legion — February 8 at 10/9c (FX)
  • Impractical Jokers — February 9 at 10/9c (truTV)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

jchill001 said:

February 3rd, 2:06 pm

I kinda miss when these came out on Sunday

spoonTRex said:

February 3rd, 2:15 pm

Agreed. I also miss store updates on Tuesdays…what happened to them?

Soruichi_Kitty said:

February 3rd, 2:44 pm

I don’t. Not one bit. No reason to have to wait until Sunday :/

jdizzle0420 said:

February 3rd, 3:26 pm

I dont mind what day these come out. Cause I always remember to look at some point over the weekend. But they 100% need to bring back the store update post. Its ridiculous they stopped doing it in the first place…

iamtylerdurden1 said:

February 3rd, 11:07 pm

Nioh is getting amazing reviews. VR Ping Pong, yes! Holoball was awesome. I love PSVR!

Fedast said:

February 5th, 11:43 am

Wait till Sunday to open the page. Fixed it.

RyuDragnier said:

February 9th, 7:48 pm

I miss when they told us the sales for the week. I don’t like having to look at the store every week just to figure out what is on sale.

shocknetwork said:

February 3rd, 2:37 pm

If you want to read it on Sunday, then go read it on Sunday. I prefer to read it on friday.

Getting Nioh and Super Gunworld 2 which is an amazing old school 2d jump n run like Mario n Castlevania from the Nes.

Elk_mistral said:

February 3rd, 2:37 pm

well, nothing for me this week..

Krazeedayz said:

February 3rd, 2:41 pm

I’m confused. Why does this list differ from one that was posted a couple of days ago? Which one do we follow?

snarls200 said:

February 3rd, 4:44 pm

This is for new releases. That is for the monthly Ps+ games

Krazeedayz said:

February 4th, 6:16 am

Ah! Thank you! :)

Beyondthegrave07 said:

February 3rd, 2:51 pm

Thanks Ryan. Any news on the store updates on Tuesdays?

jdizzle0420 said:

February 3rd, 3:28 pm

^ This. Bring back the store updates lol…Im about to start spamming these threads like the people asking for Persona (or whatever game it was) to go on sale in every post…

personausermike said:

February 3rd, 5:50 pm

We need this for multiple reasons. I currently get it from another non-Sony owned site where someone actually takes the time to do Grace’s job and post everything. But hey, when sales start to decrease they’ll just blame it on niche publishers because Sony can do no wrong. These comments actually don’t matter so I don’t know why I’m even writing since they never read these or care to listen to fans.

TeamGreen615 said:

February 3rd, 10:41 pm

Disgaea 2 sale please!

TheHerbinator75 said:

February 6th, 11:16 pm

I guess it is too much extrs work to also simply list the price points for each game apparently since Grace can’t be bothered go do store updates on Tuesday anymore. If you happen do type “Beyond!” at any point, then Ryan will respond to your post.

SureBigBuster said:

February 3rd, 2:59 pm

Nioh now, and Mass Effect and Horizon are…well…on the horizon as well. RE7 also turned out to be one hell of a game….What a great start to this year!!!

CrusaderForever said:

February 3rd, 3:13 pm

Thanks Sony for the PS4 4.50 update! It’s absolutely amazing! The Boost Mode is soooo good. Just Cause 3, The Witcher 3 and LEGO Dimensions perform amazingly on the Pro! It’s going to be a great weekend.

wwwdotjames said:

February 3rd, 4:56 pm

gosh I really miss the good ol days where there were actually real games to play!

Tatanka2007 said:

February 4th, 9:37 am

Didn’t the good old days (I mean really old ) have pixel-ugly games like Uncanny Valley? Seriously though I think I know what you mean. i wish these indie games would just go back to mobile phones or something.

Kevvik said:

February 3rd, 4:58 pm

I believe that the idea of stopping the store update was that it and the drop would be combined. All we have seen is the deletion of the update and all the information it carried.

Do you really think that people will impulse buy on a tedious to navigate storefront or just close the browser? Maybe it’s just me who doesn’t think so.

mojtaba333 said:

February 3rd, 5:28 pm

STORE UPDATE
WHY WHY WHY…D ?

personausermike said:

February 3rd, 5:55 pm

I know an external site that posts it…but can’t list it here since they also review games honestly….meaning they recommend games from publishers other than Sony *gasp* so instead of spending $80 on a Sony game you might spend it on a Capcom or Atlas game instead. Oh the drama

Kishnabe said:

February 3rd, 6:49 pm

Still trying to get my head over “Kitty Powers Matchmaker”….saw the trailer. Would be a hit on the Vita….:)

SauceyMGee said:

February 3rd, 9:18 pm

Hey, PSN pal ;0)

SauceyMGee said:

February 3rd, 9:18 pm

NI-OH!!! This and Nier are the top games I was excited for this year. Sunk 12 hours into the last chance demo for it. Can’t wait until Tuesday!

Pudgyboi said:

February 3rd, 10:37 pm

It’s tough not to pick up Nioh. I’ll see how long I’ll hold out~

iamtylerdurden1 said:

February 3rd, 11:09 pm

Nioh is an 87 on Metacritic, u should probably buy it. Play it on Pro in native 4K.

Onion Knight… Game of Thrones?

american_36 said:

February 4th, 3:22 am

Yo, you can drop “the drop” for all I care if you bring back the PS Store Update on Tuesdays! Thanks.

FranklynStreet said:

February 8th, 9:12 am

Agreed. While I appreciate your work, Ryan, the Drop is for me, at best, a commercial/funnel for the Weekly Update.

The Weekly Update is essential because it lists all of the sales and all of the new releases in one place, and it links to the store. It’s a vital listing, and it’s much easier to navigate than the store on its own via browser or console app. It’s how I both purchase and track the games I buy and want to buy. Comparatively, the Drop is pointless. Please, please, please bring back the Weekly Update. I’m happy to see the Drop go in its place if that’s what needs to happen.

Thanks.

stefer09 said:

February 4th, 4:37 am

Disgaea 2 sale please!
Oh and also store updates on tuesdays!

Kthxbye

YorlecmNwahs said:

February 4th, 6:43 am

Kitty Powers’ Matchmaker sounds very interesting and funny. Can’t wait to see how it works.

dkarlowicz10 said:

February 4th, 8:00 am

So Many Me should be on Vita. The Onion Knights is an Android game that is coming to PS4, but not PS Vita. Again, Why is Vita ignored on titles that don’t belong on PS4 in the first place, but should be on the Vita instead? I have two PS4 (regular and Pro), but would prefer these on my Vita. Sometimes being a Vita owner is hard.

rudetoy said:

February 4th, 8:48 am

Played both demo’s of Nioh….it’s NOWHERE as good as Souls or Bloodborne. The combat isn’t as fluid and the UI is laborious and non-intuitive. The game is a hot mess. I’ll wait for the bargain bin in a coupla years. Don’t waste your money on this right now.

Tatanka2007 said:

February 4th, 9:34 am

I agree. The demo failed to impress me. I recommend people try the demo first. If you like the demo, then definitely go for it. Take advantage of the demo rather than reviews.

That said, bring back the friggin’ store updates!

rudetoy said:

February 4th, 10:22 am

Agreed on the store updates! Anyway, I’m hoping with the Switch release next month, Sony might have some great Sales to try to deflect attention.

As for Nioh, it’s also nowhere as fun as Souls or Bloodborne. Seems like difficulty for difficulty’s sake, rather than the fluid play of the From Software games.

pablikenemy79 said:

February 5th, 2:53 pm

“NINTENDO SWITCH IS THE FUTURE”.
    Hideo Kojima.

Welmosca said:

February 6th, 10:18 am

@ rudetoy – I didn’t played Bloodborne yet but Nioh felt miles away better than any Souls games.ESPECIALLY in gameplay.

BlongTreyLo said:

February 6th, 5:56 pm

it’s more of onimusha gameplay feel than comparing to dark souls tbh when i play demo. Yeah prob best for those who favor Onimusha style

VinsanityV21 said:

February 4th, 9:54 am

Nothing for me this week! But I just picked up Yakuza and still have Gravity Rush 2, Tales of Berseria and more to go through, so I’m happy for awhile — DEFINITELY gotta beat GR2 before Horizon comes out though. For people picking up Ni-Oh, hope you enjoy it! Those games aren’t for me, heck I’ve barely played Bloodborne (really need to give it a chance), and I hated the demos so I’m skipping it. But beyond that, I’m a big Team Ninja fan from the Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive games (when will they do DOA vs. Virtua Fighter!?), and their collaborations with Omega Force on games like Toukiden has been great. They’re a pretty killer studio ever since Yosuke Hayashi took over for Itagaki and I hope Ni-Oh finds a lot of success.

Hayades said:

February 4th, 10:48 am

Bring back the damn store updates already.

Letters2Kay said:

February 4th, 11:24 am

STORE UPDATE POSTS.

ctorretta said:

February 5th, 12:30 pm

Seriously, bring back the Store Update posts. These are worthless in comparison.

JamesBlonde777 said:

February 5th, 6:17 pm

If this post had all prices and discounts listed, then sure. But otherwise, we really do need the weekly Update post brought back, please.

nikki_boagreis said:

February 6th, 5:48 am

Can i get you anything else with that whine
It wouldn’t matter if they changed the format for the weekly drop, how do i know? Because they already changed the layout. You wanted game trailer and you got a Nioh game trailer. It’s up on Friday and not Sunday, because that really makes a difference. I’d like to suggest a pie chart a graph with sales for each game between M$ Xb and Sony games updated weekly with each game. They already changed the layout, the format, whatever. Now you need something else they can improve, be thankful these fine up standing Sony representatives post theweekly drop otherwise you might have to use the Internet and watch The YouTube for game trailers

Welmosca said:

February 6th, 10:20 am

Nice…I love Ping Pong in real life so looking forward to that Ping Pong VR.Will keep it in ma list for when I get a VR.

BlongTreyLo said:

February 6th, 5:54 pm

Looking forward to Nioh, but can’t preorder for the free dlc when Walmart doesn’t even stock them online, Gamestop won’t allow pickup for all my stores but ridiculous $8 shipping cost, and Amazon takes 2 days until i get it. May as well just go in the store and buy it myself… I understand extra free dlc are usually weak gears and costumes just for fun but yea some retails need to work up their game or people won’t bother preorder for the bonus. :3

siriusbee said:

February 6th, 6:50 pm

When our government fell and Trump’s administration came into power, my only feeling was “At least we still have the Playstation Blog”.

Little would I know that the blog itself would change so radically, carelessly, and without forethought, and they would end up giving us less information in the guise of some great ‘improvement’.

Just like the ban on immigration, and other hare-brained ideas, the Drop as it stands today is a con, a precursor to a possibly facist regime, and just plain bad business.

Matt6923 said:

February 6th, 11:09 pm

I want to be able to see the damn sales for the upcoming week. People are commenting there’s a site to do so, but my Google search didn’t return any results. I like being able to plan for the upcoming deals ahead of time.

TheHerbinator75 said:

February 6th, 11:10 pm

Ryan, if you are going continue to not list the prices considering you all also ceased doing the Tuesday store update for whatever reason, I wish you would reconsider. This shouldn’t cause you that much more time to do as this is an inconvenience for most of us who like to plan ahead in terms of what the games coming out that following Tuesday are going to be priced at.

nikki_boagreis said:

February 7th, 3:49 am

Sony has more important worries right now, like psn outages for the 3rd time in the past week. Un scheduled maintenance, the status of psn says everythings up and running perfectly. But according to my research psn has had outages globally the past 24 hours, peeps getting kicked from party chats and online aspects for games. The psn servers are experiencing technical issues and your worried about the weekly ps store drop, head on over to Twitter Sony busy at the moment.

Please return next week, you know when psn isn’t experiencing technical difficulty.
You think you got issues, my friend list wouldn’t even load #psn down

Tatanka2007 said:

February 7th, 5:32 am

I agree. Store Updates were useful and are missed.

I also noticed that he can’t even be bothered to leave his banal BEYOND comments even more. Dude must be busy….

Tatanka2007 said:

February 7th, 5:33 am

This was meant to be a reply to no. 29 above….

drew327 said:

February 7th, 2:02 pm

Do these posts not highlight sales anymore?

Leigrez said:

February 8th, 5:49 am

Well since you guys stopped doing a playstation store update blog… this week was an Ubisoft Sale… how come the newest Assassins Creed is missing? I’ve been awaiting for that Jack the Ripper DLC to go on sale for the longest time…. and when you guys do an EA one any chance you will throw in Dead Space 3 Awakened DLC? Been waiting for that since launch to go on sale.

mind_spread321 said:

February 10th, 5:09 am

Most of the players are hyped about nioh more than any other game