God of War

Feb 07

Feb 07

PS Now: 12 New Koei Tecmo Games Available Today

Brian Dunn's Avatar Posted by Senior Marketing Manager, PlayStation Now

PlayStation Now: Koei Tecmo

Hello, PlayStation Now fans. This month we’re adding 12 Koei Tecmo titles to our lineup of over 450 PS3 games available to stream on the service. Enjoy hack-and-slash action with new additions like Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires, Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War, Warriors: Legends of Troy, and Samurai Warriors 4, the in-depth J-RPG Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star, the fantasy action shooter Quantum Theory, and stylish non-stop ninja action in Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z and Ninja Gaiden 3.

Don’t forget to check out some of Koei Tecmo’s other games already on the service, including Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce, and many more.
PlayStation Now has something for everyone, with over 450 games in all. Over the past few months, we’ve added games like Red Dead Redemption, Dark Souls 2, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Tales of Zestiria, Catherine, and Silent Hill HD Collection, and every month we add more new favorites and hidden gems. Try these games and more with a seven-day free trial.

Here are some of the most popular games on PlayStation Now during January:

• God of War Ascension
  • Greg Hastings Paintball 2
  • Farming Simulator 15

Add Your Own

Ricen-Beans said:

February 7th, 7:17 am

Would love to sign up for this. But will this service EVER be available on tablets? iPad or Android?

Soulslayer434 said:

February 7th, 8:38 pm

I’d imagine it’ll be eventually since you can remote play from certain phones and tablets already.

gohan16ken said:

February 7th, 7:17 am

Does Sony release PS Now subscriber numbers?

samv33 said:

February 7th, 7:23 am

Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star and Yaiba are the stand-outs for me. Plus those hack-and-slash games are always fun to dive into. Thanks for the update!

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

February 7th, 10:45 am

Thanks, samv33!
    Glad you enjoy those games. There’s plenty of J-RPG, Dynasty Warriors, and Ninja Gaiden on PS Now to keep you busy.

Insomnia999 said:

February 7th, 7:42 am

PS Now has great potential, but it needs to come to mobile devices to realize that potential. When is iOS and Android support coming??

It’s great that you put up Red Dead Redemption! How about all the other Rockstar games besides GTA5?? I’m sure Rockstar won’t want to put GTA5 up, as it’s still making them a lot of money. But they should totally be down to put up Max Payne 3, GTA4, etc.

zychi said:

February 7th, 7:49 am

Let me download a game? Data caps ruin this for majority of the US. Pricing is still pretty awful too.

CrusaderForever said:

February 7th, 8:24 am

I would love to see this service drop down to $10/month standard and not for a special deal or time. Just my 2 cents. Love the service but with all the amazing games coming out I just cannot justify the $20/month price since I don’t have time to play PS3 games with all the PS4 games coming out.

Warped said:

February 7th, 10:29 am

Yup that is perfect. that is why I got the $99 for a year so it comes out to under $10 a year and I thought it was worth it.

Mr_Rogers_3000 said:

February 7th, 8:46 am

The service is looking great. So many great games available now. Even with that, I completely agree on the pricing assessments. Once and if it’s dropped to $10/month or $100/year or it has an even better deal for Plus users, then I’m all in. With so many games out, and so little time to play them, I would think this would be pretty much free money for Sony. Personally, though I probably wouldn’t play very often, for a reasonable price I would pay for this anyway just to have access.

JeRzYzFyNeSt said:

February 7th, 9:06 am

waiting on Socom!!

Welmosca said:

February 7th, 9:58 am

Lol only crap…at least in the video.Oughta be the worst PSNow update.

Kid_Loser said:

February 7th, 11:02 am

Still have been waiting almost 2 years for 3D Dot Game Heroes, and Resonance of Fate to come to Now. Come on Sony, gotta get a lot more games on this and cheaper rent price, too.

Valentari said:

February 7th, 1:36 pm

The headlines says 12 new Koei Tecmo games available today, but the article only lists 8. What are the other 4?

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

February 8th, 10:10 am

Hi Valentari,

I’ll paste the full list below. Within PS Now, there’s also a category near the top with just recent additions so you can see the latest titles that have been added.

Dynasty Warriors 6
    Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
    Ar Nosurge: Ode to an Unborn Star
    Ninja Gaiden 3
    Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z
    Quantum Theory
    Warriors: Legends of Troy
    Champion Jockey: G1 Jockey & Gallop Racer
    Warriors Orochi 3
    Samurai Warriors 4
    Nobunaga’s Ambition: Sphere of Influence
    Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War

irishman1115 said:

February 7th, 2:36 pm

How is ninja gaden new to ps now it’s been on there for a year so there’s only 10 new games not 12

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

February 8th, 10:02 am

Hi Irishman1115,

You’re correct, we’ve had some Ninja Gaiden titles on the service for a while. However these two games, Ninja Gaiden 3 and Yaiba; Ninja Gaiden Z, are brand new to PS Now.

Sidonus462 said:

February 8th, 4:37 pm

Uhh…no…Irishman is right. Ninja Gaiden 3 has been on there probably close to a year, AT LEAST 6 months, but I am pretty sure a good deal longer than that. Yaiba may be a new edition, but NG 3 is NOT. Are you seriously a spokesman for playstation?!

neemz72 said:

February 13th, 1:10 pm

Actually, it’s Ninja Gaiden Razor’s Edge that’s been on PS Now for quite some time.

binarymellon said:

February 7th, 3:32 pm

Why can’t these blog posts ever just list the new games added. If you felt the service was worthwhile you would let it stand on its own merits. I don’t need to be reminded every month that Uncharted 3 is available.

unknown_thing632 said:

February 7th, 6:18 pm

Just a thought how about adding the ratchet and jak collections and the “tales of” games and bringing the ff13 series back I would definitely love to see those games added, I would subscribe in a heartbeat

Eldofon7 said:

February 8th, 12:03 am

Tales of Zestiria is already 2 weeks available on PS Now .

Sidonus462 said:

February 8th, 4:40 pm

I agree with the tales games, AND…FFS…bring as many of the Star Ocean series as you can…I mean…these are some of THE most popular titles…and titles that people have been asking for access to literally since the launch of PS4 and Vita..I really just don’t get the reasoning for the current line up and NOT what people are actually asking for.

Sidonus462 said:

February 8th, 4:42 pm

Also…Tales of Zestria was a step backwards for the series imho.

Sidonus462 said:

February 8th, 4:44 pm

Yeah…it absolutely BAFFLES the mind as to why you would grant access to games like Final Fantasy 13 on PS now…which I thought was awesome and enjoyed…then take them away and deny that access?! I’m sure it has to do with the bottom line somewhere down the line….nothing else makes sense.

Eldofon7 said:

February 8th, 12:18 am

Games from Koei Tecmo are not for everyone. Even the best from update are too specific and niche. I hope next additions will be more diversified.
For example update from Sega would be great. Game like Bayonetta, Vanquish, Resonance of Fate, Condemned 2: Bloodshot, Yakuza series, Binary Domain are enough variable and I love really love to play them on my Vita.

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

February 8th, 10:06 am

Hi Eldofon7,

Thanks for your support of the service! We definitely try to bring a wide variety of titles to PS Now, and we are busy lining up more great content for the coming months.

DarkwingChuck said:

February 8th, 6:54 am

Does PS Now still have individual game rentals or is subscription only now?

Brian Dunn's Avatar

Brian Dunn said:

February 8th, 10:07 am

We phased out the rental service in North America, so we’re subscription only. If you haven’t used your free trial yet, I encourage you to give it a try. You can play any of our 450+ games all you want for a full week.

Zephram said:

February 8th, 11:40 am

The only Koei game I’ve ever liked was ‘New Horizons’ on Sega Genesis, which put Sid Meiers ‘Pirates’ to shame, imo.

l-strong_world-l said:

February 8th, 4:08 pm

Will playstation now be available in middle east ?!

Relic120 said:

February 8th, 5:26 pm

I think it’s a great service and will likely sign up soon. But is there a reason why you don’t have Gran Turismo yet?

ravenj22 said:

February 8th, 6:48 pm

I would love to see aquapazza dream match added. If you were to add that game I’m sold

Elvick_ said:

February 9th, 9:31 pm

I would love if we could rate content we play on PS Now, seems it runs off PS3’s Store ratings instead. Which is goofy. Speaking ofPS3, there needs to be an app on there, the Store is highly unstable and cap rashes constantly so it’s a terrible experience for any using PS3.

Please more LEGO games (Marvel hopefully). And Saints Row 3.

Also, does Asura’s Wrath have the DLC included? Or not?

Bazza98765 said:

February 10th, 6:16 pm

Hi love the new additions but wondering if ratchet and clank tools of destruction will be added as the rest of the series has been so would love to see this one aswell

damo947 said:

March 7th, 7:00 am

Hi! Great update! If possible i’d love to see the yakuza games go on playstation now. Of course the dark souls and demon souls would be great additions too but these days i’m itching for more yakuza. Thanks!