Horizon Zero Dawn

Feb 08

Feb 08

New Ys Origin Trailer Showcases Blistering Battle System

Jessica Iragne's Avatar Posted by Communication & Marketing Manager, DotEmu

Hi, fellow PlayStation enthusiasts! It’s Jessica from DotEmu. I hope you’re ready to discover (or rediscover) Ys Origin on your PS4, because it launches in about two weeks!

You’ll finally be able to experience this epic action-RPG ten years after its original release, with additional enhancements and brand-new features. The biggest changes we made were to optimize the visuals and effects, and also improve the UI and menus so that players can enjoy the full HD widescreen experience. Moreover, you’ll be able to enjoy online leaderboards, Trophies, and new languages for the first time ever. It was hard work, and we’re really excited for the release!

In Ys Origin, you don’t play as Adol — instead, you can choose between different heros with their own attributes and stories. Today I’d like to share with you a new video introducing Yunica and Hugo, the two main characters. On one side we have Yunica, a mighty warrior who’s quite handy with an axe. She’s the perfect character for players who savor close combat and vicious fights!

Opposite Yunica we have Hugo, a cunning sorcerer who uses powerful spells to defeat his enemies. If you prefer distant (and hopefully safer) attacks, Hugo is your man. Whichever character you choose, only with guile and talent will you free the Goddesses trapped in Devil’s Tower.

At PlayStation Experience we announced a PS Vita release date, but we’re going to invest more time on this version to give you the most enjoyable experience. That’s why we’ve decided to change the release date of the PS Vita version to May 30.

Get ready to grab your PS4 copy on February 21! And Vita players, thanks for your patience — the game is coming soon! We’re 100% focused on it.

See you soon!

Add Your Own

Nukkus said:

February 8th, 7:09 am

Considering how bad DotEmu’s ports of Neo Geo games have been, and how bad their ports of Ys 1 and 2 were on android and ios… I have no faith in this being worthwhile. I’ll stick to the original PC version.

Alastair83 said:

February 8th, 7:19 am

I played this on steam it was quite good and infact would go back to it right now but no controller for my PC (This is one of a few games like dark souls that just can’t be played easily or for me at all with keyboard and mouse) so if its anything like the PC version it’ll be awesome.

Tomoprime said:

February 8th, 9:17 am

Rats! This game is being emulated for a quick flip. Kinda disappointed.

ZaPaMi3 said:

February 8th, 7:16 am

Is this going to be retail release?

Zhao_Yun16 said:

February 8th, 7:28 am

Same date in Europe?

Jessica Iragne's Avatar

Jessica Iragne said:

February 9th, 2:43 am

Yes, same date in Europe and Japan!

talha007 said:

February 9th, 3:32 pm

How did you get that Avatar!! Is it region locked to Europe?

Asshawk said:

February 8th, 7:35 am

Any chance at cross-buy?

Jessica Iragne's Avatar

Jessica Iragne said:

February 9th, 4:48 am

Yes, the game will be cross-buy

Tomoprime said:

February 8th, 8:24 am

Don’t we play as three characters? How does this port differ from the old steam remake?

Jessica Iragne's Avatar

Jessica Iragne said:

February 9th, 1:19 am

We just didn’t want to spoil people who haven’t played the game yet!
    But yes, this is the same content as the Steam version.

duke301 said:

February 8th, 4:55 pm

Yeah, in the Steam version and the original Falcom version, when you beat the game as both Yunica and Hugo, you unlock The Claw as the third playable character. The Claw is by far the best of the three. If The Claw isn’t available in the PS4 version, then that is a deal breaker for me. Isn’t there someone who can confirm whether or not The Claw is unlockable?

Tomoprime said:

February 11th, 11:30 am

Isn’t the PC intro all in French with English subtitles? Hope you guys redubbed that.

Ruz-EL said:

February 8th, 8:31 am

What about Ys 1&2? I need to play those!

FinalMacstorm said:

February 8th, 9:18 am

Get the awesome PSP version of Ys 1 & 2 Chronicles!

ggdude said:

February 8th, 8:43 am

I’m not even mad about the delay to Vita. I appreciate DotEmu’s respect for our backlogs. :)

Jessica Iragne's Avatar

Jessica Iragne said:

February 9th, 4:48 am

Thanks for the support! Can’t wait to have your feedback on the game :)

Roaming_Ryu said:

February 8th, 8:43 am

Dangit. Was hoping to play it on Vita this month. Also please do a physical release. To this date its the only localized Ys game (outside of Japan) that doesn’t have a physical release.

FinalMacstorm said:

February 8th, 9:02 am

I fully support a physical release, though will buy this digitally as well. That said, I do hope it’s also cross-buy.

Kishnabe said:

February 8th, 9:52 am

Already have the PC Version, it is biggest YS game ever. 3 Stories….awesome that you guys were able to port it over to the VIta (Especially this gem)+PS4.

+1 for the delay if it means a more stable version, first impressions can hurt. 2 weeks from, Vita community will be hard presed to decide from Forma 8, Berserk, YS Origin. Delay might help?

Cross Buy? Is there Cross-Save?

Thanks, looking forward to the Vita version.

gerneric123 said:

February 8th, 10:40 am

Why do I have the feeling that the Vita version of this game will run worse than the PSP ports of the other Ys games on the exact same engine?

Roaming_Ryu said:

February 8th, 11:20 am

Felghana ran BEAUTIFULLY on the PSP. Can’t say I was a fan of Napishtim, but that was Konami’s fault.

agramonte said:

February 8th, 12:10 pm

Amazing! Waiting fot the vita version! Day 1 buy fot me!

Mecha_Sonic_75 said:

February 8th, 3:29 pm

I, too, must ask if this game will be cross-buy and/or cross-save. Sure, the Vita version got delayed, but some devs did gave their games cross-buy status, despite one version being released in a later date. Like Lab Zero did with 2nd Encore for the Vita and PS4.

Apostrophe said:

February 9th, 6:19 am

I think the big question is: Will it have a Platinum Trophy?

As mentioned by another poster, I also prefer physical copies of games, but if that’s not going to happen, I’ll likely pick it up digitally (as long as it’s priced low enough.)

I, too, would also love to see an Ys Book I & II remaster for PS4. Between the TurboDuo and PSP, I must own at least four different versions of it, and it keeps getting better looking with each remaster. Can’t imagine how great it would look if it was actually remastered (not simply ported) for the PS4.

Nanashi707 said:

February 9th, 10:46 am

I can’t wait, sad about the vita version but two weeks from now I’ll have a nice new YS game for PS4.

Hopefully they do the right thing and we can get the true new YS game, Lacrimosa of Dana, to the west. That would be amazing, on the edge of my seat waiting for news on that one since it was announced at E3!!!

KazeEternal said:

February 9th, 11:06 am

Thank you for the Vita Version :-) I was just thinking how great it would be to have it on Vita. Cross Save/Trophy Support? Wouldn’t mind getting the PS4 version too once the Vita version releases. If not PSTV support?

clupula668 said:

February 9th, 9:39 pm

Looking forward to playing this on PS4. Thank you for bringing it over. Only question is how much is it?

TSTina said:

February 9th, 10:58 pm

I have the Steam version, which is great. Has this version been improved above and beyond that?

It would be nice to see some of the other Ys games on the PS4. Particularly, Ys 4, 5, and 7, because Steam doesn’t have those.

cha120678 said:

February 19th, 9:57 pm

Pourquoi un retard sur la version vita ? La version ps4 sera fluide et beau ? Par rapport à la vita niveau graphisme ?

cha120678 said:

February 19th, 10:10 pm

Sur le PlayStation store Europe je ne vois pas le jeu en precommande

YoungLage said:

February 22nd, 7:19 pm

Hi guys! I am from Brasil and usually when the NA PS Store are updated, also is ours. But, day 02/21 came and gone, and still no sign of Ys Origins in it… Any news about that? Can’t wait to play it.

Tmiller777 said:

February 26th, 7:31 am

If I go ahead and buy the ps4 version, will I get the vita version when it comes out?

LiamSPhoenix said:

March 7th, 11:45 am

Since Ys: The Ark of Napishtim is a PSP game why don’t we have a digital copy of it yet?

With Origin coming now that’s almost it on Vita.

I & II Chronicles, The Oath in Felghana (III), Memories of Celceta (IV), VII, are here now and Lacrimosa of Dana (VIII) is coming soon.

If The Ark of Napishtim (VI) showed up, even as a PSP digital release that could be played on the Vita, it would almost complete the series.

That’d leave, what? Ys V (which was never localized on any platform) being the only one not playable on the PlayStation Vita.

Sheesh, if you could get that and manage a port of Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 3rd (or better yet bring the whole Trails in the Sky Evolution trilogy over for native Vita releases), that little portable would be a great buy for any Falcom fan.

Bonus points if the Crossbell games came as well, Azure and Zero both have Vita versions, just not localized ones.