Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Feb 28

Feb 28

PS Plus Bundle: Buy 1 Year of Plus, Get 3 Additional Months of Plus and Showtime

Anson Fong's Avatar Posted by Lead Brand Manager, PlayStation Plus

We’ve got a cool bundle to share for new and existing PlayStation Plus members!

Starting today, if you purchase a one year membership through PlayStation Store, you’ll get three additional months of PS Plus and three months of Showtime through PlayStation Vue — a value of $111.95 — for a bundle price of $59.99. The Showtime offer is only available to new subscribers to Showtime through PlayStation Vue.

This promotion runs through March 31, 2017 while supplies last. To see the full terms and conditions of this offer, please visit our website.

As a member of PS Plus, you can enjoy benefits and features such as online multiplayer on PS4, free games, online game save storage, and exclusive discounts.

We continue to work on providing great offers and value for PS Plus members, so we hope you enjoy!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

morris_family said:

February 28th, 8:04 am

Newbs get all the good stuff. I’ve been a member since Plus debuted. And just renewed a few days ago… dang it.

BurntGoliath said:

February 28th, 8:06 am

I’m going to hazard a guess here and assume that it’s not available in Canada?

Also, to clarify… the free Showtime is for new subscribers of Showtime or new subscribers of PS Plus?

DarkCelt45 said:

February 28th, 8:14 am

BurtGoliath you never have to be a new subscriber to plus to purchase subscriptions (it’s simply buy a year get 3 free), but the Showtime is new people only.

Yorke_and_Vedder said:

February 28th, 9:50 am

I could be wrong, but the deal seems to be available to anyone who’s a new subscriber to Showtime through PlayStation Vue. As far as just recently renewing, if memory serves I think the subscription purchase stacks/extends your membership (I think). Maybe someone else can confirm?

jameswarrensaid said:

February 28th, 4:36 pm

…it specifically says right at the beginning of the post that it’s a deal for ‘new and existing’ members. The only thing you can potentially miss out on is Showtime if you already have Showtime through PlayStation Vue.

MakaiOokami said:

February 28th, 8:28 pm

I grabbed a Groupon deal I think for 2 PS Plus sub cards for $46 or something like that (but after taxes it was like 96 for 2 years) so…

A week or 2 before that there were plus deals even cheaper… I think there was another sale after the Groupon thing I bought.

Gotta keep your eyes open.

Wraith43235 said:

March 11th, 12:23 am

Purchased this on March 4… it is now March 11 and I have yet to revieve my vouchers

rajn_caucasian said:

March 25th, 7:06 am

DON”T WORK! BUYER BEWARE!

Didn’t get my extra 3 months. I renewed my subscription, and it only gave me the year…what am I missing?

I verified this through my account on the PS4. Bought this today and now my next renewal is 3/28/18.

The wesite states as of today, “‘BUY 12 MONTHS, GET 3 MONTHS BONUS’ Promotion valid to legal U.S. residents between 3/16/17 – 3/31/17. Limit one promotional offer per person. Additional purchases will be void. Sales tax may apply. Promotional offer is non-transferable and non-stackable.”

Yes, I am a US resident as well. If a customer service rep comes across this, please tell me how I get the additional 3 months. I used no codes, just a renewal purchase on the PS Store Website.

Zimm108 said:

February 28th, 8:06 am

Do you have to buy from the PS Store to get the deal, or does it work on cards purchased at retail and redeemed in store too?

SpikeStarkey said:

February 28th, 8:50 am

“Starting today, if you purchase a one year membership *through PlayStation Store*, you’ll get three additional months of PS Plus and three months of Showtime through PlayStation Vue — a value of $111.95 — for a bundle price of $59.99.”

Zimm108 said:

February 28th, 9:02 am

It said that last time they ran this deal three years ago, but you could still get the three extra moths from redeeming a card.

BloodiedWraith said:

February 28th, 11:26 am

Doesn’t work this time. Just entered a code from a card I’ve had and it only gave me 12 months. I was saving them for this sale too lol

later19 said:

March 7th, 5:58 pm

I entered a code from a card and received an email the following Tuesday/Today (I bought it on Friday) saying “Your Voucher Codes are ready.” The email includes both the showtime and ps plus codes.

Tl;dr you get it, just delayed

HenzoHH said:

March 7th, 9:55 pm

Can you buy this twice and get a total of 6 months free of playstation plus?

gohan16ken said:

February 28th, 8:08 am

I don’t care about Showtime so I will do it for the 3 extra month of PS+

christortiz15 said:

February 28th, 8:09 am

My plus ends in the end of may, I think I’ll get this deal just to get the extra 3 months and not have to worry about it next year.

sistersafetypin said:

February 28th, 8:12 am

What a great deal. My PS+ expires in April, but I might as well re-up now for the extra 3 months

DarkCelt45 said:

February 28th, 8:15 am

I believe it will just tack onto your current subscription anyway. I’m doing the same.

Buttrgod236 said:

February 28th, 8:24 am

Will I still get the 3 bonus months if my PS Plus subscription renews during March? Or do I have to personally purchase it through the PS store?

Crunchewy said:

February 28th, 8:29 am

I wouldn’t chance it. Cancel auto-renewal and buy it outright.

xClayMeow said:

February 28th, 2:54 pm

Mine literally auto-renewed today and I did not get the extra three months, so I’d do what Crunchewy said.

I’ve already reached out to Sony to get this resolved, but might as well save yourself the hassle.

SNIP3R_TOA5T said:

February 28th, 8:29 am

Wait, just to clarify. You don’t get Playstation Vue itself, just the Showtime channel part of it? or would you have to get Playstation Vue to then access the gifted Showtime content?

JremmyTheCreator said:

February 28th, 8:46 am

Yes that’s correct. It’s a voucher, so you don’t have to have Vue right this moment, but you would need to have access to it to watch Showtime, ie buy a sub.

Hi-Ed said:

March 2nd, 5:14 pm

You just get Showtime which is a “standalone channel” so you don’t need a Vue subscription to watch.

> “Standalone Channels
    > Add to any multi-channel plan or enjoy them on their own. Available nationwide.”

BeerManMike said:

February 28th, 8:32 am

Great deal! You can check out all the cool new stuff and discounts on the weekly playstation store update blog post… oh wait. At least every month you get games like pixel fighters, pixel dungeon, pixel rpg, pixel warrior, pixel etc…

preciousdeath said:

February 28th, 8:37 am

Great Deal! But I’d like to see a deal that includes PS Now as I don’t want Showtime.

MisterAxle said:

February 28th, 8:38 am

After the price hike (with absolutely no accompanying reasons/features/etc.), I decided never to renew PS Plus again.

Give me a reason to change my mind.

Tinye310 said:

February 28th, 11:01 am

Are you aware of what inflation is? and how much it is every year. You don’t need ‘new’ features to justify a price hike after a period of time for any service or business.

Remember when bread wasn’t $4-5 a loaf? not like we get more bread every time it’s increased in price.

MisterAxle said:

February 28th, 12:35 pm

It has nothing to do with inflation (a 20% yearly increase would indicate an impressively bad market) and everything to do with greed. As the top dog with the biggest install base, Sony decided to cash in on their success. It makes perfect business sense, but it’s terrible from a consumerist standpoint.

As one who has always preferred the PlayStation ecosystem to the Xbox side of things, I really hope Microsoft does a better job in the future. Sony is at its best when it has the pressure of competition.

Tatanka2007 said:

February 28th, 2:19 pm

@+MisterAxle, +!! Good points! I agree that competition is a win-win for everyone. I wish MS would step up their game because Sony is having a field day. The upcoming Scorpio will leave PS4 Pro in the dust in terms of doing true 4k. But unlike last gen when there were good exclusives on both sides, this time Sony is dominating in terms of exclusives. I already seen hints that MS is leaving the console market when they talk about Scorpio being their last console….

ColtCallamity said:

March 1st, 5:46 am

Free games every month, automatic updates on gamesand firmware, cloud storage backup and automatic uploads. I think the value is there even at the price hike. Xbox live has been this price for a lot longer and the value yet get with plus is far superior.

MisterAxle said:

March 1st, 9:43 am

I wish folks would stop calling them “free games.” They’re not free. You’re paying a continuous rental fee, and you aren’t even selecting the games. I would much prefer a tiered subscription system. Pull the games out of the equation and let me pay less for just online play and save syncing.

If you want to make Xbox comparisons, you can take a look at the biggest Wishlist item that we’ll never get here on the PSN… the ability to update/change our PSN ID names. Come on, Sony. Prove me wrong.

Sneeches said:

February 28th, 8:43 am

american only yet again. Can’t get any deals on PS+ here in canada now can we.

halfbredoverlord said:

March 1st, 6:34 am

The link they supplied for additional details, says that Canada is included as well.

Fuhr31 said:

March 2nd, 11:18 am

Vue is not in Canada

ode2code said:

March 3rd, 10:56 am

Actually, this promotion is for: GET SHOWTIME WITH PLAYSTATION PLUS’ Promotion valid to legal U.S. residents between 2/28/17 – 3/31/17. Limit one promotional offer per person, while supplies last. Additional purchases will be void. Sales tax may apply. Promotional offer is non-transferable and non-stackable.

PS Plus itself: PS Plus is only available to legal U.S. and Canadian residents

So No, Canada is excluded.

testbrit said:

February 28th, 8:47 am

Nothing for Canada?

I know it’s a smaller market up here, but the population of Canada is the equivalent of the 22 largest US cities … and you wouldn’t just decide to exclude people in New York, LA, Chicago, and so on would you?

At the very least, show that you remember us with an apology and vague promise about the future in the blog post.

(Oh, and bring back the store update, please.)

fhabjouqa said:

February 28th, 8:49 am

It Ha sbeen a while since we had a nice decent discounts on PS3 and Vita games SONY………………..

EverythingOnFire said:

February 28th, 9:27 am

Do you guys and gals think that PS+ is worth it just for the Instant Game Collection? I’ve been playing a ton of games lately, so as long as they’re decent, I’ll most likely play most-if-not-all of em. I don’t really care about online multiplayer, and in the rare instance that I do, I just use my gaming PC.

BTW, do the trophies for these games go away after your PS+ subscription expires, or do we get to keep them?

DylzMu said:

February 28th, 2:56 pm

To answer your question bout trophies all trophies you earn are permanent, so don’t worry bout that.

EverythingOnFire said:

February 28th, 7:36 pm

@DylzMu: Thanks for the info. It’s appreciated. =)

Ya know, I think I’ll grab the deal. I noticed that there’s a good PS2-games-on-PS4 sale going on right now, but only for PS+ members. I’ve been wanting 5 or 6 of those titles for a while now.

ColtCallamity said:

March 1st, 5:47 am

you keep them, trophies are tied to your account forever

FeistFan said:

February 28th, 9:46 am

Does this apply only if you purchase it through PSN? I’m about to expire, and just got a 1 year Plus card that I was going to redeem this month. Would be nice to get the Showtime benefit, too.

MisterAxle said:

February 28th, 10:12 am

“if you purchase a one year membership through PlayStation Store”

So I wouldn’t hold my breath. =\

FeistFan said:

February 28th, 1:31 pm

Yeah, I won’t hold my breath…but I’m hopeful that it will still be seen as buying it through PSN, and just paying with a card.

Probably not, but I can hope.

MisterAxle said:

February 28th, 10:36 am

WARNING TO ANYONE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THIS OFFER:
Set a reminder in your calendar to CANCEL EARLY so you don’t start getting charged for a Showtime subscription.

“Unless you cancel your membership at least one day prior to the renewal date… $8.99 will automatically be deducted… If your PS Plus membership expires… the regular membership price [$10.99 per month] will apply.”

kint111 said:

March 9th, 8:01 pm

What if we use our voucher through android showtime app? How do you cancel that? Do you know? Thx.

Valyntine said:

February 28th, 11:14 am

Wow great, I buy a year of PS+ a week ago and get immediately shafted. Thanks, Sony. You really know how to treat your customers.

BrianMcGuinness said:

February 28th, 11:28 am

Yes they should have totally asked you personally when you were going to reschedule. I man I can’t believe how selfish they are!

ColtCallamity said:

March 1st, 5:49 am

you can always buy another year and get an extra 3 months once last year expires

rjude1975 said:

February 28th, 11:39 am

I just purchased this it never gave me the three months extra

Anson Fong's Avatar

Anson Fong said:

February 28th, 3:17 pm

Hi, emails with voucher codes will be sent out starting Monday, March 6th, so be sure to look out for it.

silentkill152 said:

February 28th, 1:11 pm

Same here, I checked my spam folder and it wasn’t in there, I don’t know why we haven’t gotten it yet, They should have specified when we get the three months.

jdog1969 said:

February 28th, 1:42 pm

Same thing for me. MIssing the extra three months.

testbrit said:

February 28th, 4:40 pm

Hi Anson

Good job explaining when people are going to get their codes.

It would be nice to address the complaints from your Canadian customers, too, don’t you think?

gus_xl said:

February 28th, 11:53 am

I just bought a PS Plus card at Best Buy… talk about bad timing..

yunafire said:

February 28th, 12:11 pm

And I JUST upgraded for a full year earlier this month with tax refund. What terrible timing :/

pakirula said:

February 28th, 12:36 pm

Whaaaaaaat, I just bought it last Wednesday, really really disappointed.

Bahooki said:

February 28th, 12:45 pm

Lol this is a terrible deal. The only way you get 3 months of Showtime is if you’re willing to spend 30-60 dollars a month for three months of Vue. You could just go to Gameflip.com and buy a PS+ subscription for 20 dollars off. This is not a good deal for people with no interest in paying an additional 100+ dollars on Vue.

KidCommando said:

March 1st, 10:34 am

With this deal you only spend $60.

You get 1 year and 3 months of PSPlus.

You get 3 months of Showtime via the Vue app.

Those are your ONLY costs and what you get. If you do not cancel the free trial of Showtime, it will auto-renew.

The Plus deal works for everyone. Only new Showtime customers can take advantage of the free months.

capitolc said:

February 28th, 12:47 pm

but my subscription doesn’t end until 2018, how bout throwing 3 months my way for free ;)

silentkill152 said:

February 28th, 1:02 pm

So I purchased the one year just a few hours ago and I still haven’t gotten the additional 3 months, I was told to check spam folder in my email and I still haven’t received it. Is anyone else having this issue?

FeistFan said:

February 28th, 1:30 pm

Never trust offers like this the first few hours after they post – wait a day, if you can.

I wouldn’t be surprised if you get the email at the end of the promotion.

silentkill152 said:

February 28th, 2:07 pm

Yeah I know but I found it a great deal seeing how I have to renew in a few months, If I have to wait til end of promotion that’s not terrible as long as I’m still getting it, I love how they don’t specify when we get the 3 months, If I don’t get it by tomorrow I’ll be in contact with them.

halfbredoverlord said:

March 1st, 6:37 am

The 3 month voucher won’t be sent out until March 6th.

whereymyconary said:

February 28th, 2:48 pm

” for new and existing PlayStation Plus members!”

Wow i like the existing part. woot

Raziel2337 said:

February 28th, 2:49 pm

What is this none sense? Everyone should get the bonuses, not just new members.

magicjim1 said:

February 28th, 2:54 pm

Sony sucks:

1) I bought this promotion and never got the 3 months of Playstation Vue. I chatted with a Sony rep who just kept saying that it is a new promotion and that they don’t know when I will get the 3 months. It might be in March, April, OR EVEN LATER! How could they put out an ad, take a customer’s money, and THEN say, :”Well, it’s all a new promotion to us, so we don’t know when you’ll get your goods?!?!”

2) I also never got the additional 3 months of PS Plus. When I asked where the voucher/code was for the 3 months, I got the same answer. I should get an email, but Sony has no idea when I should get it. In other words, it’s up to ME to remember I purchased this and to track a Sony rep down in a few months if I haven’t gotten it.

silentkill152 said:

February 28th, 5:09 pm

Voucher codes will be sent out starting Monday, March 6.

soza1985 said:

March 21st, 6:53 pm

Has anyone received that famous code? I’m still waiting…

KazeEternal said:

February 28th, 3:13 pm

Becoming apparent that games of March are just not that important to sony.

Sherpu said:

February 28th, 3:28 pm

Is it available in EU?

Infamou5Jdizzle said:

February 28th, 4:59 pm

Do you have to have a basic playstation vue membership to get the free 3 months of showtime?

Pitsnipe said:

February 28th, 7:31 pm

that’s no fair I renewed it on Valentine’s Day

X-Warlock said:

February 28th, 8:56 pm

And another FU to Canada. Thanks Sony. :/

halfbredoverlord said:

March 1st, 6:40 am

If you click the additional info link, Canada is listed under the promotion details. So Canada gets to take advantage of this too

ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

February 28th, 10:38 pm

Guys! best Buy is still selling 1yr plys for 49.99. Dont think I can link it, but just go to Best Buy online and check it out. Though this is a much better deal since 10$ more get you vue and 3months extra!

E94Allen said:

February 28th, 10:42 pm

Worth it to renew early this month just for 3 months free. No interest in Showtime or Vue for that matter.

guzzytto said:

March 1st, 1:29 am

I already purchase this promotion.. but I still haven’t gotten the voucher in my email with the additional 3 months.. anyone knows if its true that the codes will arrive to our mails in the next monday?

magicjim1 said:

March 1st, 2:18 am

Guzzytto, see my post above.

ColtCallamity said:

March 1st, 5:55 am

Okay Sony, do Canadians get 3 months free of PS plus as well. If I purchase an additional 1 year now (mine expires in June) Will I get 1 year and 3 months added on after my Ps plus in June, or will it cancel my few months that I have now and start from today or do us Canadians not even get the 3 months?

halfbredoverlord said:

March 1st, 6:47 am

Would a PS Plus card from a retailer count? Because, technically, you have to run the code and purchase through the PlayStation store to activate the subscription. So, again, does a PS Plus card count?

soza1985 said:

March 2nd, 7:13 am

No. The deal is only if you buy the subscription from the funds in your wallet.

DelCtrlnoAlt said:

March 1st, 9:38 pm

So can I purchase a 1 year PS Plus digital code from Amazon to activate this or should I buy a $60 store gift card and use it to get this offer?

soza1985 said:

March 2nd, 7:12 am

Hi,

Yes, as long as you’re not buying the “Playstation Plus” card that would active the PS+. You can buy a 50 dollar card and a 10 dollar card and take advantage of the deal from the PSN Store.

FuzzGBC said:

March 2nd, 7:10 am

Adding my voice to the other Canadians who’d like some clarity. From the link:

“PS Plus is only available to legal U.S. and Canadian residents with a SEN account who are 7 years or older, and legal residents of Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Columbia, Peru and Brazil who are 13 years or older.”

“‘GET SHOWTIME WITH PLAYSTATION PLUS’ Promotion valid to legal U.S. residents between 2/28/17 – 3/31/17.”

Is it just the Showtime aspect of the deal that is unavailable to Canadians? This wouldn’t surprise me, as there are all kinds of cross-border rights and distribution issues with TV content. Do Canadians still receive the voucher code for the additional 3 months if we renew our PS Plus membership between 2/28/17 – 3/31/17?

I note that none of the details regarding this promotion appear on the Canadian site:

soza1985 said:

March 2nd, 7:11 am

Hi guys,

I saw this offer and couldn’t pass on it. What I’m trying to figure out is my voucher code. I have checked and rechecked my inbox and have not been able to find it. I read a highlighted message saying they’ll be passed out starting March, 6 2017. I hope this is true, honestly with today’s prices to get an additional 3 months with the purchase of a single year is really good.

SK8kID21_aweSum said:

March 5th, 2:24 am

Yeah haven’t received mine either and I honestly didn’t know anything about getting it March 6th it just told me once I purchased it I will get a voucher in my email so just the waiting game now

Jen0vaCore said:

March 4th, 3:27 pm

This is a really good deal… makes me sad that I bought 3 1 month cards from the store.

SK8kID21_aweSum said:

March 5th, 2:21 am

Just bought the year but didn’t receive my additional 3 months and I never used showtime and still haven’t received that so I’m just waiting now for an email to say here’s your rewards I’ll update once I receive it.

Sanjam29 said:

March 6th, 12:25 pm

I just recently extended my PS+ membership during the special offer and it only shows that it’s extended for 1 year. Not the 3 extra free months it advertised.

Also,
Why is it that I can’t redeem my 3 month “Showtime” Subscription? I have never Subscribed to it through the “PlayStation Vue” app. Why is it that people have to wait until vouchers are sent to our emails. This is ridicules! Can anyone help with any updates on this topic?

TruePSIVWiiUFan said:

March 6th, 4:49 pm

Hi. Just wanted to know what time the promotion ends at? I mean we all know that it will end on March 31st. But at what time? In the morning, afternoon or night? Thanks in advance.

UnrealTairo said:

March 7th, 12:52 am

uh same here, its now past the 6th and still no emails with either codes…..

knightblade69 said:

March 7th, 10:09 am

It’s now the 7th and still no emails with either codes

candllandt said:

March 7th, 11:02 am

I contacted chat support yesterday regarding the vouchers for the 3 free months ofShowtime and PS Plus and the representative indicated that email vouchers should start going today the 7th and that I should receive them no later than the end of the month !?! I was surprised that it wold take that long since I didn’t see any mention when I signed up for the deal that the vouchers would be delayed like this.

candllandt said:

March 7th, 4:27 pm

Just received my emailed vouchers !

Rpm2878 said:

March 7th, 10:07 pm

I got my vouchers today. Do you have to install the app on a console to use it? I’d rather just use a laptop but I’m afraid that I’d end up starting a free trial and voiding my voucher if I try.

kint111 said:

March 9th, 7:57 pm

I didnt go through vue, i installed showtime anytime app on my Android phone and logged in from there.

Now is there anything i need to do before the free 3 months is over? To cancel?

m_keys7 said: