God of War

Mar 07

Mar 07

PS Now: 13 Sega Games Join Our Streaming Lineup Today

Featuring classics like Revenge of Shinobi, Golden Axe, and Altered Beast, alongside Virtua Fighter 2. Play on your PS4 or Windows PC.

Brian Dunn's Avatar Posted by Senior Marketing Manager, PlayStation Now

Hello, PlayStation fans! This month we’re adding 13 games from the Sega library to the PS Now lineup, which now boasts nearly 500 games.

Starting today, enjoy a range of classic Sega titles like Super Hang-on, Revenge of Shinobi, Golden Axe, and Altered Beast. We’re also adding some Sega fighting game classics like Virtua Fighter 2 and Fighting Vipers. And of course — Sonic. In addition to Sonic Generations which has been playable in the service for a while now, you can get even more of your favorite blue hedgehog with Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic the Fighters, and Sonic Unleashed.

Here’s the full list of new games available as of today on PlayStation Now:

• Alex Kidd in the Miracle World
  • Altered Beast
  • Comix Zone
  • Fighting Vipers
  • Golden Axe
  • Revenge of Shinobi
  • Sega Bass Fishing
  • Sonic Adventure
  • Sonic Adventure 2
  • Sonic the Fighters
  • Sonic Unleashed
  • Super Hang-on
  • Virtua Fighter 2

If you’re new to PS Now, the service offers access to a large and ever expanding lineup of games for one low monthly price. Since the service is based on our cloud streaming technology, you can access the entire catalog of games, select one, and start playing quickly without needing to wait for downloads. Also, PS Now uses cloud saves, letting you start a game on PS4 and continue playing on Windows PC (or vice versa).

If you haven’t given the service a try yet, now’s the perfect time to give it a spin with the seven-day free trial.

Here’s a list of some of the most popular games on PlayStation Now during February:

• Red Dead Redemption
  • Batman Arkham City
  • Twisted Metal
  • Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4

Add Your Own

ANGRYFEAR5 said:

March 7th, 12:07 pm

Any word on when PS4 software 4.50 is releasing? Hope you get it out before Mass Effect Andromeda. My Ps4 Pro is pretty full.

Rapturesassassin said:

March 7th, 12:16 pm

I hear they might cancel system update 4.50. Do to some issues with the external harddrive.

Edgeraven said:

March 7th, 12:41 pm

Umm there are no plans on canceling 4.50 update. Trust me. There are no issues with external HDD lol. It will be here soon enough.

NON1337H41 said:

March 7th, 1:20 pm

@ Rapturesassassin: They’re not going to cancel a MAJOR OS and system update like 4.50. They might delay it, or remove some buggy features (such as the external storage feature you’re mentioning) and then release them once the bugs are at an acceptable level as part of the overall 4.50.x update. I work closely with several massive software dev teams (not gaming related), but the concepts of how all of this workflow is managed is dictated by something like the ITIL procedures (google ITIL v3 Incident Management Workflow to get an idea).

So, I don’t know where your heard that rumor from, but it makes so little practical sense that I could caution you from every trusting that source again. Please don’t spread more baseless rumors here. =)

QNoir said:

March 7th, 5:15 pm

Wait … they got Fighting Vipers!!!!! So dope. What about Fighters Megamix!?!?!!?!?!? Do it, SEGA!!!

gerneric123 said:

March 7th, 12:11 pm

Good to know that PS Now supports Sega’s legacy software, but PS Now won’t support Sony’s own “legacy” hardware.

drdan1 said:

March 7th, 12:20 pm

I was planning on giving PS Now a try, but the whole point for me was to get access to games on my Vita. Now there is no PS Now in my future.

ShanAdkins said:

March 7th, 12:21 pm

I just started with ps now a few months ago. It has been a lot of fun. Please please please add NBA JAM sometime soon

gohan16ken said:

March 7th, 12:27 pm

I will never support PS Now. I have majority of the PS Now games digitally on my PS3. Also, many of these games are cheaper either physically or digitally. Here is my solution for PS Now. Make PS Now more like iTunes and PS Video and less like Redbox and Netflix. Allow for ownership. When a user buy a PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 game digitally on PSN, give them an option to buy pay an additional $10 for a PS Now copy. That additional fee will cover the maintenance of the cloud server. So a user can pay $60 for a digital copy of the game or $70 for a digital and cloud copy of the game. This allow the user to either play the game offline or stream it online either on PS4 or PC. And call it PlayStation Play Anywhere. Finally, make this a PS+ feature. In light of Xbox Game Pass, PS Now is really bad. If want to keep the current model, then put all games under the subscription service with all having a rental option. No rental only games.

NON1337H41 said:

March 7th, 1:38 pm

That does sound like a reasonable start to working this issue out. All of the blog posts and interview that have touched on that topic make it clear that digital rights ownership of the Intellectual Property, the digital rights to music, voice actors, the digital publishing rights owner. The words straight from Sony & MS VPs is that it’s a legal mess with everyone wanting such a large cut that it’s just not worth it. I hope it resolves in the future..

gohan16ken said:

March 7th, 2:09 pm

Thanks for your reply. Originally, I thought it was money too. Greedy publishers. But then Xbox One BC came out. It is possible to buy a used Xbox 360 game or get it from your friend and play it on your Xbox One. The publishers and Microsoft gets NOTHING. Rockstar put Red Dead on BC before PS Now. This tells me it is not the publishers being greedy but Sony. Like them charging $15 for PS2 games on PS4 just because they added trophies. I do not want trophies. PS Now is an example of Sony’s greed. And just to be fair, XB1 BC is due to Microsoft losing. Just in case someone thinks I am a fanboy.

InevitableWoe said:

March 9th, 12:44 pm

I agree ps now is no a good representation of ps3 games i mean come on there is about 30% big name title games and the rest is random trash ps now do better.

Vizigoth04 said:

March 7th, 12:38 pm

I agree that eventually this should be in included with PS+ subscription, however to say that Sony should over these games for $10 or just the option to purchase would be a waste because these are PS3 games. They are not backwards compatible with PS4 at this time. But nearly 500 titles for $9.99 a month is not bad.

gohan16ken said:

March 7th, 12:45 pm

I think you are responding to me. $10 per game per user is a lot of money. It will also interest PS+ adoption. Make it $15 per game per user. And currently it is not $10 per month. Also, we can’t count the $99 promotion.

cusman said:

March 7th, 12:39 pm

I wonder when they will start putting PS4 games on PS Now. I mean some PC gamers will never buy a console, but they are open to using PS Now to play older Playstation games.

Avenged_A7X said:

March 7th, 12:57 pm

Can you feel life moving through your mind? Looks like it came back for more!

Kid_Loser said:

March 7th, 2:07 pm

Could have been a great time to put Resonance of Fate on there… just like it would have been 2 years ago. But still laggy service with lagging catalog I see.

dkarlowicz10 said:

March 7th, 2:12 pm

Xbox pass will let you play One games. You can also download the games without having to worry about constant good Internet connection. Is PS Now going to revisit streaming only or maybe allow download rentals instead? What about adding PS4 games to compete better with Xbox pass?

ItsJustEmman said:

March 7th, 5:37 pm

I think that is why Sony is staying with only PC and PS4, because they’re going to add PS3 games after August

Guyper said:

March 7th, 6:22 pm

Can PS4 players who are playing Golden Axe through PS Now connect with PS3 players?

SpooNManX said:

March 7th, 7:28 pm

Would love to play these again on a current PlayStation system, but not on PS Now.
Streaming games like this just doesn’t work well. Even 25-50ms of lag is too much for twitch gaming. It’s OK for RPG and some puzzle games, but not classic arcade style games.

PS: Bring back the PS Store Updates!

damo947 said:

March 8th, 12:59 am

Sega games are always appreciated! Any chance of the Yakuza games coming to playstation now? That’s a fantastic sega series I’d love to play!

dean2014kirby said:

March 8th, 5:32 am

When is ps now out in Ireland

DarkTwilightGun said:

March 8th, 12:17 pm

So when are we getting more ps2ps4 games? Godzilla: Save the Earth maybe?
Or even the possiblity of ps2 games from ps3 carrying over into ps4..

Maybe even Ps1 bc. I mean the ps4 can play dvds… Why not cds? Since almost all dvd players can play cds, why not the ps4? In the end, I’m surprised an update for cd playablity hasn’t been released yet.

IceMan_516 said:

March 8th, 7:15 pm

Please add shenmue 1 & 2 for PS4!

cowmamba said:

March 9th, 8:24 am

Doh! Needs Shining Force!

rptr077 said:

March 9th, 12:15 pm

I would be so happy if they would add the strike games. By that i mean jungle strike, desert strike. I was addicted to these games as akid and would love to play them again!

InevitableWoe said:

March 9th, 12:40 pm

When will PlayStation Now add something good the last two bundles of games they add were the worse where is the Konami games like no metal gear, castlevania. Add something different like portal, yakuza, dead space, demon souls. I mean come on there are a few good big title games like red dead, last of us, god of war, killzone, dark souls etc, But a lot of trash irrelevant sports games like cricket & tour de france just to name a few. If i can’t play ps3 games on the ps4 ps now is not a good solution.

ZabukiMioda said:

March 12th, 12:25 am

Yo sony i know you guys might not be able to do this but next month in ps nows april line up can you add some games like ps3 kingdom hearts 1.5 hd remix, kingdom hearts 2.5 remix, and call of duty games like modern warfare 3, black ops, black ops 2, and them? I mostly want kingdom hearts 1.5 and 2.5

xRexy1912x said:

March 15th, 9:34 pm

There is no sonic adventure 2 on the playstation now game list, either on ps4 or pc, where is it?