God of War

Mar 08

Mar 08

PlayStation Store: February’s Top Downloads

For Honor takes the top spot on PS4, and Job Simulator rules the PS VR chart despite a strong debut from Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin.

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Wow — For Honor was the most-downloaded PS4 game from PlayStation Store last month! Of course, Horizon Zero Dawn made a massive debut, landing at the #2 spot with only one day of sales counted here. Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin made a beefy debut on PlayStation VR, but not quite beefy enough to dethrone the unstoppable Job Simulator. Who woulda figured the first thing people want to do in virtual reality is work?

March is gearing up to be huge, continuing an insane start to this year’s gaming catalog. Who do you think will reign supreme in next month’s charts?

(My heart says Nier, my head says Mass Effect.)

PS4 Games
8 FINAL FANTASY VIII
9 FINAL FANTASY VII
10 FINAL FANTASY VI

Add Your Own

NextGenGamer2008 said:

March 8th, 7:10 am

Horizon: Zero Dawn might just be the best game on PlayStation 4 – period. Such an incredible experience!!!

badoutlaw1 said:

March 8th, 6:14 pm

Zero Dawn was cool but never best game on ps4. So much lacking and same mechanics over and over.. So much more could have been put into this game.. I got bored after first few hours.

Mercenary09 said:

March 8th, 7:15 am

Considering Horizon launched on the last day of the month the #2 spot is pretty darn great. Also good to see NiOh up there both on the US and EU charts.

S-JuJu1 said:

March 8th, 7:17 am

Resident Evil is not in the psvr category, and i understand that because it’s a 2D game and a VR game, it would be hard to tell how many psvr owners downloaded it specifically for VR. But I guarantee it would beat out job simulator. Same goes for Dirt Rally.

Rapturesassassin said:

March 8th, 7:22 am

Lol garbage game like for honor made the top of the list? Oh well that game lives on hype alone heck its aready dieing out on the PC side or so i heard

cusman said:

March 8th, 7:49 am

Do open beta downloads counts or just purchased downloads? In any case, the game was decent, just not much more reason to play beyond what I already played in the open beta.

Welmosca said:

March 8th, 11:27 pm

Ha how funny…can already see you have no taste for games.And every game dies on PC lol.

Seluhir said:

March 8th, 7:51 am

(My heart says Nier, my head says Mass Effect.)

I’m thinking the same here.

Nier is ABSOLUTELY incredible from my first few hours of play last night.(although trying that opening segment on hard might’ve been a bad idea ;))

Seluhir said:

March 8th, 7:52 am

also… glad to see Xillia and Xillia 2 on the PS3 chart. They were fantastic games.

Mercenary09 said:

March 8th, 7:59 am

No Beta’s do not count. This is for full games only.

kyoshinhen2 said:

March 8th, 11:08 am

BEYOND

badoutlaw1 said:

March 8th, 6:16 pm

For Honor was very fun at first. But after playing open Beta im glad I didnt buy it. I was hoping for more.

JeRzYzFyNeSt said:

March 8th, 8:23 am

Bloodbornee!!!!

anywayi got a little scared when i saw For Honor above Horizon, the i rememebered that it was released on the last day of the month

YoungBlaise said:

March 8th, 10:13 am

Hyperdimesnion! Oh yea!
Severed should get a boost this month i would assume.
Already bought NieR!
Still have to get Gravity Rush 2

Randinator-_001 said:

March 8th, 11:51 am

People still play on ps3? Wow

Elk_mistral said:

March 8th, 12:05 pm

hmm… i still play on my PSP, PS Vita, PS2 And believe it or not… on my PS3. Graphic do not mean fun game..
    i have about 300 games on PS3. i wont sendcem to garbage because i bought a PS4 Pro….

arlrex said:

March 8th, 3:01 pm

Yup, lots of fun games on the old systems. Just recently bought around $100 of PSP games that I was unable to get on release due to being a high school student with no money.

badoutlaw1 said:

March 8th, 6:17 pm

Please I still play ps1

Elk_mistral said:

March 9th, 4:35 am

i did not say PS1 because ps2 and ps3 can read ps one disc

GoateeSox said:

March 8th, 12:52 pm

Love to see For Honor at the top of the list. Been incredibly excited for teh release of this game and it has been a blast to play.

arlrex said:

March 8th, 2:58 pm

Nice to still see Bloodborne and Ni No Kuni in these lists.

RealJoelMejia said:

March 8th, 4:17 pm

Super awesome to see Horizon Zero Dawn at #2. I’d love to see Persona 5 break into the top 5 next month.

TheAnimeister said:

March 8th, 6:27 pm

Horizon at #2 on the last day of the month. Lol. Yeah. But I wonder what was the purpose of launching it on the last day of the month? Would have easily been #1, but I guess this makes it more of a big deal than if it _were_ #1.

How do you tell if getting a PSVR at this time is a bad investment? Just look at the top downloaded games! No sorry Sony — but you can _guarantee_ I’ll buy the PS5 and then next gen PSVR when they come out. At that time I expect 60fps and current 1080p graphics and textures in VR. As for the PS5 native games, 4K res and 60fps. Oh and I’ll also have an HDR TV for myself then.

That is, if I don’t cave in earlier for a white Destiny bundle version of the PS4Pro. Please don’t make one so it’ll be easier to avoid!

Welmosca said:

March 8th, 11:32 pm

Really really glad to see For Honor on the top…it totally deserved.The game is amazing…ubi innovating again.People can say the crap they want about ubi but after Sony they’re the ones keeping the gaming industry alive.Nice to see Road to Boruto in 3rd of the DLCs list too.