Farpoint

Mar 15

Mar 15

Drawn To Death is Free for PS Plus Members This April

Surprise! David Jaffe's outrageous shooter makes its PS Plus debut on April 4 with six playable fighters, over-the-top weapons, and the wildest taunts you've ever seen.

David Jaffe's Avatar Posted by Video Game Designer/Director

Hey y’all, it’s Jaffe, game director over at The Bartlet Jones Supernatural Detective Agency. I have a confession to make. For the past few months, whenever players would suggest that Drawn To Death would be a perfect fit as one of the free games for PlayStation Plus, I’d have to bite my tongue (And if you know me, you know that ain’t easy!).

All I could do was nod and say, “That’d be great. We’d love it, but no plans for that. Nice idea, though!”

But behind the scenes we had been talking to the folks over at PS Plus. I wanted to find a way to invite all of you PS Plus members into this experience and give you a look at what really excites me about games these days. We’ve been working on Drawn To Death for nearly three years, and over time, it really has become this robust, highly competitive game — and we haven’t even talked about a lot of the new features yet. Needless to say, I thought you could all help us build an unbelievable community for the game.

I just couldn’t say anything.

Until now.

We just couldn’t wait any longer to share the good news, so here we are — finally — loud and proud and excited as-all-get-out to announce that Drawn To Death launches April 4 and is free for PS Plus members!

Drawn To Death, as you may know, is a third-person shooter/brawler that takes place entirely inside the pages of a high school kid’s notebook. All of the kid’s creative drawings come to life and battle it out in this highly competitive, fast paced, online action game.

Besides the surprisingly tactical combat, unique over the tops levels, and fantastically deep characters, there’s a lot more to Drawn To Death that we haven’t really talked about. Here are the five coolest new features we’ve added to the game that will be included at launch:

Sphinx Missions: Wake the mysterious Sphinx and see if you can solve her eight battle-focused riddles. For every riddle solved, a new weapon — or a new level — will be rewarded!

Character-centric Missions: Besides levelling up characters, players will also have the opportunity to work through 15 action-packed missions per each of the six launch characters. Earn costumes and rare Taunts as you work your way through your favorite characters. Master all of the character missions and you may come face to face with the Volcano God!

Mystery Boxes: Who doesn’t love Mystery Boxes?! The Drawn To Death Mystery Boxes are filled to the brim with amazing character taunts and insanely creative character skins. Get a free Mystery Box just by playing three matches online and then earn Mystery Boxes for every 150 kills you execute on the battlefield!

Climb the Tower: The Drawn To Death launch tower is based on the theme Dark Fairy Tales, and if you play in ranked mode, you’ll have a chance to reach the tower’s top, earning insane stickers for every floor you reach!

Insane Mystery Special Offer: I’m not at liberty to go into detail or spoil the surprise but let me just say this: “Destroy my enemies and my life… is yours!”

I hope I’ve gotten you at least a little interested in Drawn To Death, and perhaps even adding it into your game collection.

And if I haven’t yet convinced you (Or even if I have!), I wanted you to know that myself and a handful of the Bartlet Jones crew will be doing a live stream of the game today at 3:00 PM Pacific right here on Twitch to show off the game and all these new features. We’ll also be taking questions, talking games in general, and heck, who knows, maybe there’ll even be a surprise or two! Hope you can join us!

Take care, y’all. As always, thanks for the support and interest in all the games we’ve worked on over the years. We’re nothing without you!

Add Your Own

brak014 said:

March 15th, 8:34 am

Will this version of the game have a new trophy list or the same trophy list as the private beta had?

Mercenary09 said:

March 15th, 8:49 am

New trophy list including a Platinum.

TheGremlinKlown said:

March 15th, 10:14 am

SOoN…… so so excited for dtd and it’s for FReE…. awesome awesome…

March 15th, 1:06 pm

The trophies in the final are unique to the PSN trophy system. AKA: if you have trophies from the beta/Limited Access they are tagged LIMITED ACCESS and thus you will be able to get- at least mathematically speaking-NEW trophies when you play the final game.

However, some of the actions needed to get trophies in the beta/Limited Access are identical to getting trophies in the final. But there are also brand new trophy tasks in the final that were not in the Beta (including a Platinum). Hope this explains it :).

joyrul96 said:

March 15th, 8:35 am

What this needs is a coop Horde mode!
That would be so awesome and fit really well with this game

Doomhammer-7 said:

March 15th, 10:14 am

Support the game and there will be things they would be able to add to it such as a horde mode or a campaign but the game needs support behind it first. With these great PvP modes coming out should make it a lot of fun though.

March 15th, 1:07 pm

What Doomhammer-7 said :).

DeviantBoi said:

March 15th, 8:36 am

Great news!

Do we get to keep the “Patriot Act” that we bought last year for Independence Day?

March 15th, 1:09 pm

If you got the Patriot Act last year it will automatically be unlocked in your inventory when you play the game (assuming you are playing on the same account that you used when you got the Patriot Act).

Patsrule0316 said:

March 15th, 8:38 am

“Who doesn’t like Mystery Boxes?!” Me, generally speaking. Especially when games charge real money for mystery boxes. Or when the mystery boxes give you the same stuff over and over again. But, the game looks interesting, and I plan on playing it next month. Good luck with it.

March 15th, 1:11 pm

Really? Man, I love Mystery Boxes in games and in real life. Must appeal to some lizard brain part of my mind :).

In Drawn To Death you will be able to earn Mystery Boxes just by getting kills so you don’t need to spend any cash at all on them! :)

Glad you think the game looks cool- appreciate that! :) Hope to see you in the notebook and eager to hear your thoughts (good and bad) when you get some playtime with it.

Thanks Patsrule!

Lego_My_Eggo said:

March 15th, 4:53 pm

Jaffe, just make sure you don’t have to hold a button for 5 seconds to open the damn thing, its an annoying waste of time. One button press and just show me the goods, no fancy time wasting show, gotta get back to killing dudes. Otherwise i find there and OK thing to have in a game.

And im glad its free with PS+, wasn’t so interested to pay the upfront fee when it went from F2P to paid, but now i have no excuses not to give it a go.

Loco4FourLoko said:

March 15th, 8:38 am

Hell yea! Already had my eye on this game, cant pass it up at that price!

tusunami said:

March 15th, 9:32 am

What do you mean at that price? You have to pay nothing for the game is you have PS Plus Lol

Dark2110 said:

March 15th, 9:46 am

@tusunami Whoosh

March 15th, 1:12 pm

Yeah- what’s better than free? Or free-ish?! :)

Hope you dig the game when you play it- thanks for giving us a chance Loco! :)

paulogy said:

March 15th, 8:48 am

YES! I just KNEW it when it was no longer F2P and was slated for release on April 4th (1st Tuesday of the month) it was a shoo-in for PlayStation Plus. I think this is a GREAT way to get people in the door on what (to me at least) has been a really fun game, and that’s before all these crazy new additions.

Congratulations on your upcoming launch David and team! Looking forward to cracking my Diabla whip on all you fools in no time :-)

March 15th, 1:13 pm

Dude- I know! I saw your posts and I so wanted to respond to you and go, ‘Dude- we agree! We ARE a PS PLUS title! But I just couldn’t say anything!’ :)

Thanks for the kind words about the game and supporting it and talking it up out in the wild (we’ve been watching!:)…we sure appreciate the support, Paul!

See ya online, sir-

tokyopunchout said:

March 15th, 8:49 am

Really psyched for this game & think it’s really smart to get the online community built strong from day 1! I wish you rocket league success!

March 15th, 1:17 pm

Thanks Tokyopunch!

It’s hard to imagine the Rocket League lightning in a bottle occurring all that often but hey, why not*? For us though, if we can make the Players who dig Drawn To Death happy (with launch day content and- ideally-for many moons beyond launch with tons of new content) and the game can make Sony its dev money back we’ll take that as a huge win!

Hope you enjoy the game! :)

David

*Do you know Rocket League was developed RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from us? Like we can see the developer’s building from our windows! So who knows…maybe there’s something in the water around here?!?! :)

DaveedT13 said:

March 15th, 3:02 pm

Nice to know for Psyonix being so close to you!

Looking forward to some stuff from you guys in each other’s games, the game looks to be right up my alley! :)

gor1llap1mp said:

March 15th, 8:50 am

Wow! Youre able to announce free Playstation Plus games this early? Thank you Sir David Jaffe for staying with Sony and Playstation all these years, its games like THIS that have really made Playstation my #1 choice for new and unique experiences. Also, BIG shout out to the team at the Agency, beautiful, smooth like butter and funny as f&#k! Congrats and thanks again to all.

March 15th, 1:21 pm

Gor1llap1mp- ha! Staying with Sony is easy…I’m here till they throw me out! What other company would let us take a chance on such a crazy idea and then support said idea as wonderfully as they do?!? We’re so glad you like the announcement- great news! Hope to see you in the notebook, sir!

Mercenary09 said:

March 15th, 8:50 am

Called it that this would be free on PS+ in April. Looking forward to it and everyone should give this game a chance. Also that quote is from Kratos in God of War. Is he going to be a playable character? That would be awesome.

March 15th, 1:22 pm

You are a fortune teller, Mercenary! :)

As for the quote…hmmm…interesting.

twinspectre said:

March 15th, 8:51 am

Hey Jaffe :)
I hope European PsPlus also have this amazing game DRAWNTODEATH

Rapturesassassin said:

March 15th, 8:53 am

Cue the PlayStation Plus indie whiners. Great game i cant to play it.

Rapturesassassin said:

March 15th, 8:58 am

*I cant wai to play it

Rapturesassassin said:

March 15th, 9:02 am

Double fail

* i cant wait to play it.

This what happens when your dealing with almost two feet of snow shoveling. Dont get old kids

ThunderRoad22 said:

March 15th, 9:48 am

Triple fail… you’re*

paulogy said:

March 15th, 1:01 pm

*This IS what happens
    *Don’t

:-D

Trendy_Kid said:

March 15th, 8:54 am

I’m excited that this is going to be free for PS+. I am struggling to understand if the game has any PvE modes though. Can someone confirm?

Doomhammer-7 said:

March 15th, 10:08 am

No PVE Modes as far as I know

March 15th, 8:48 pm

Not really- other than a shooting gallery and fun/funny (we think!:) training mission for one of the characters it’s all PVP (free for all and team modes). Our hope is we can do some PVE and straight up single Player aspects one day if the game does well. But at the moment we’re only focused on making the best, most fun, deepest PVP we can.

mota30302 said:

March 15th, 9:37 am

I loved the Early Access , i cant wait to april

March 15th, 8:48 pm

Nice- so glad you enjoyed the Early Access! Hope you dig the final game. See you in the notebook, Mota! :)

cusman said:

March 15th, 9:49 am

My surprise is that I thought this was going to be a F2P game all along. It seems to be designed for that kind of player time / passion monetization.

Doomhammer-7 said:

March 15th, 10:12 am

It initial was design to be F2P But the direction change because in the console space F2P is still a very nasty thing in the console space. So with the change in game design to make it one time payment and making it seem like the developers believe in there game and take out those nasty micro tranctions

March 15th, 8:50 pm

Cusman, the original plan was F2P but we felt the game made more sense with this new business model. As the core free to play game was NEVER pay to win- even when it was F2P- the shift from our version of F2P to this model was fairly simple.

Hope to see you in game, sir!

WreckieRalph029 said:

March 15th, 9:53 am

Can’t wait. This would be a great fit for a new handheld device. Hint hint

March 15th, 8:51 pm

Ha! Well, who knows what the future holds, Wreckie! But at the moment we have no plans to venture onto Vita Island with Drawn To Death. Hope to see you in the notebook on PS4 in April :).

MMChepen said:

March 15th, 9:59 am

YES! i think i will really like this one

March 15th, 8:51 pm

Nice! We hope you do, MMChepen!

Thanks for the interest and for posting! :)

Doomhammer-7 said:

March 15th, 10:08 am

This Is awesome, already was planning on buying the game and forcing a friend to buy it. Since we were/Are going to dominate 2v2 together. The super exciting part of this is this game will be given a larger community it wouldn’t of necessarily had not being able to launch at $20. This should allow the game to grow like Rocket League did.

March 15th, 8:56 pm

Fantastic Doom! Thanks for the support- we love and appreciate that tons! :)

Eager to see if you and your buddy can dominate the 2V2 game modes :).

And yeah, being part of PS Plus certainly gives the game a better chance of if finding its ‘tribe’ of gamers who will get and enjoy and connect with this very specific game. And to me, that’s going to be the most exciting part: finding other gamers who dig this kind of game and building that community into something really fun and cool :)!

See you in the notebook!

Kishnabe said:

March 15th, 10:09 am

Will get to own 3 versions of this game now, Beta Freemium, Freemium and now the Valued Platinum version.

March 15th, 8:56 pm

Ha!….wait…you serious?!?! :)

Axecution said:

March 15th, 10:44 am

b- but, will there be microtransactions still?

March 15th, 8:58 pm

Not that affect gameplay. We will be selling mystery boxes that contain skins and taunts BUT you can also unlock free mystery boxes after a certain number of kills (at the moment we’ve tuned it to 150 kills=1 mystery box but that’s subject to change as we’re still tuning). But yeah, zero things you can buy that affect gameplay.

Hope to see you online, Axecution!

EmperorKorea said:

March 15th, 10:48 am

Please curse at me, Jaffe. Let it all out.

March 15th, 8:58 pm

You can’t tell me what to do!!!!!!!

GoCanes89 said:

March 15th, 11:20 am

I used to get so distracted by the artwork in beta that I would forget to shoot at enemies while checking out animations (usually of them blasting me in the face). I see many animated GIFs being created in my future.

March 16th, 10:46 am

Hmm, interesting. Was it a good distraction (i.e. lots of cool things to look at)? Or more of an ‘the art work is too visually noisy and thus I can’t focus on the gameplay?)

Thanks GoCanes!

LiquidSnake268 said:

March 15th, 12:25 pm

i had a good time on the closed beta, i’ll be back for sure!

March 16th, 10:47 am

Liquid, fantastic! Love hearing you enjoyed your time with the beta and are happy you’ll be back in the notebook when the game goes live! See ya online, sir! :)

ZanFear said:

March 15th, 12:49 pm

I was going to give this game a try down the line, but no excuse now! :D

March 16th, 10:48 am

ZanFear- that’s great to hear! Hoping you like what you play- thanks for giving the game a shot- we appreciate it! :)

Warped said:

March 15th, 1:03 pm

Holly **** Jaffe, you’re always surprising us. I loved the beta and can’t wait to play now with friends they have no excuse now to try it. I think this was a great move…also hope that Platinum is in there, right? it’s in there!

March 16th, 10:50 am

Warped- hey! So happy you enjoyed the beta- so nice to hear! :) And yeah, bring friends when the game launches on April 4th! The more the merrier! :)

Also, why yes there IS a Platinum! I THINK the trophies in Drawn To Death are fair and not super insane. Our goal is it should be a challenge to get them all but a fun challenge- assuming you like the game- that is doable for most folks who like and enjoy spending time with the game. We’ll see if we got the tuning just right when we launch! :)

Thwip said:

March 15th, 1:54 pm

Trying to emulate the success of Rocket League by bringing Drawn To Death free to PlayStation Plus? Well, good on ya, I hope it works. Honestly, I would have likely passed on this game, as I did Rocket League; but I’m looking forward to giving it a go now.

March 16th, 10:53 am

Well I don’t imagine we’ll get the lightening in a bottle of that amazing game BUT we do hope being a free game for Playstation Plus will motivate Players to be more willing to try the game out and thus- ideally- make it even more possible to build a passionate community for the title.

Love that this shift will motivate you to give the game a shot- we sure appreciate your time and consideration- thanks Thwip (love the name…is your brother named SNIKT? :)-

Sponge-worthy said:

March 15th, 2:22 pm

Congrats on the release. Looking forward to giving it a go.

March 15th, 9:17 pm

Why thanks, Sponge-worthy!

Appreciate you giving the game a try- hope you like it! :)

DaveedT13 said:

March 15th, 3:10 pm

Looking forward to the game, if it’s as addicting as TM back in the days with a little old-school (even with the whole theme of the game) then I’ll play it for a good while.

Differents online games are being released since some months (differents in the way of not all being military FPS!!) and it make gaming feels fresh again wich is nice…low number of players per game is a good idea for this game! :)

Good luck with launch David!

March 16th, 10:57 am

Daveed- hey!

I’ve heard people who’ve played it say it feels like Twisted Metal on foot…and I think there’s definitely some truth to that! So maybe you are in luck! :)

Yeah, I love games that have unique takes on things, both as a Player and designer. Love that we got to make this one!

Thanks for the well wishes and hope to see you in the notebook!

snowman_perez said:

March 15th, 4:59 pm

KRATOS!!!!!!

March 15th, 9:12 pm

I’ll tell him you said hello.

IcedDice777 said:

March 15th, 5:18 pm

Hello jaffe, Looking forward to it!

In case no one at sony haven’t gotten the idea… Would you kindly push for a Twisted Metal Resmaster/Remix for the PS4? With every vehicle/characters ever released since waaay back the PS1 days!

It’ll print money :)

March 15th, 9:11 pm

Hey Iced! Cool, glad you are looking forward to it- we appreciate that! :)

As for a new and/or remastered Twisted: I don’t think that game/series/universe is dead…I just think someone (maybe us, maybe not) needs to find a new angle that makes creative and commercial sense in 2017.

If you really want to push for a Remaster/Remix I’d suggest hitting up @sonysantamonica as they are the studio within Sony that controls and steers that particular series.

Hope all is well, sir- chat later!

ElektroDragon said:

March 15th, 5:35 pm

Good that it’s free, because it’s not worth a penny. Someone probably realized this over at Sony HQ.

March 15th, 9:06 pm

Wow- you’re mean.

Ah well, can’t please everyone.

Hope you’re having a good day either way, ElektroDragon! And maybe our next game will be more to your liking :)!

ElektroDragon said:

March 15th, 5:37 pm

Oh no…. Mr. Jaffe posted this. Sorry Mr. Jaffe, I’m sure your game is awesome and I just have bad taste in games. *GULP* Please don’t swear at me. :)

March 15th, 9:06 pm

You’re dead to me.

j/k- no worries!

SpooNManX said:

March 15th, 5:37 pm

A Free 2 Play game that went from F2P to Pay to Play, and is now back to F2P for PS Plus… Confusing. :P

March 15th, 9:05 pm

Yeah, but we’re locked in good now. Hopefully Players will give it a shot and enjoy it when we launch April 4th.

Hope to see you in the notebook, SpoonManX!

saab01 said:

March 15th, 6:16 pm

Isn’t this game free to play or did I miss something that was the idea in my mind when reading or watching gameplay in the past.

March 15th, 9:04 pm

Saab, we DID begin life as a free to play game, our idea being that we wanted to try to do free to play aimed at core console Players. But we’ve since switched to a pay to play title that just so happens to be one of the PS Plus games for April! :)

Hope to see you in the game, Saab!

ccanfield1 said:

March 15th, 6:51 pm

Congrats to you and the team on finishing up the game ! I think it being free for Plus subscribers is a great idea. Hopefully it can do for this game something similar to what it did for the early success of Rocket League.

One of my favorite memories from going to the first PSX in Las Vegas was meeting you, David, and the development team after getting to play the demo. It was awesome to give my feedback directly to the team and see you actually taking notes on what was said. Knowing that you cared about what players had to say and making appropriate adjustments to the game was amazing to see. I got to tell you as much, when I had the pleasure of speaking to you again at PSX this past year in Anaheim.

I love the art style and back story for this game. I enjoyed what I played of the beta but didn’t spend too much time in it, electing to what until the full game was released to really dig in. I’m excited to know that the wait won’t be much longer. I really like hearing about all the missions that you are including for the games launch. I look forward to playing on April 4th.

Sincerely,
Chris

March 15th, 9:03 pm

Wow, Chris- what a fantastic and kind letter! I sure appreciate it and I know the team will as well :).

Those sessions with Players during the first PSX were so important and useful to us in shaping aspects of the game. Thanks again for participating and thanks for coming out and saying hey in Anaheim at PSX this year!

Eager to see you again in the notebook, sir! And thanks again for the nice letter/post :).

MyDeadSoul said:

March 15th, 8:45 pm

I would like to know what the other ps+ game is for April, anyone know? I also want to know what games are coming for the Vita? Thanks

March 15th, 9:00 pm

Zelda: Breath Of The Wild.

Actually that’s a lie. :)

I have zero idea.

PixelProtocol said:

March 15th, 9:04 pm

VERY psyched for the release of the game, and even sweeter is that it is free. I hope there is some kind of DLC so I can still support the game. I had planned to already buy the game and then potentially buy a $20 PSN card for a friend to get the game as well. I have been waiting for what feels like FOREVER with this game. Even did a little preview video on it with info about it. Everyone needs to make sure to at least give this a try. It is not for everyone, but if you are into arena shooters then you may have found a new favorite!

March 15th, 9:16 pm

Ah, my Disc Jam Nightmare!!!! HA! I shall beat you one day, Pixel! :)

Play the game and if you dig it, maybe there will be something to purchase (but NOTHING that will affect gameplay- it’s all cosmetic:)…

Thanks for the nice words about the game- hope you enjoy all the changes and new tuning when you play it!

See ya in the notebook (and on the streams) sir!

Talk later-

Rock-Fist-Lee said:

March 16th, 12:28 am

So i was at the supermarket b4 (australia) they used to stock eggnog in a carton with the other flavor milks like strawberry and banana, but now i cant find eggnog in any shop wat gives :o?

Am ordering pizza tonight Supreme, The Godfather and Americano will have a celebratory slice for your game completion m8 “Cheers”, will miss the live streams and all that on D2D.

Dont forget to Blog on youtube Spidey o/

March 16th, 1:22 pm

Rock-Fist,

Oh man, tragic. I’m very sorry to hear that. Lack of eggnog is no laughing matter and if I was the praying type you would so be in my prayers. :(…

Please enjoy that slice, sir! Will be doing more live streams soon and I did a video blog on spidey last week. I’ll be doing another this week- thanks for watching! :)

And seriously- from the heart: super sorry about your eggnog situation :(…

Welmosca said:

March 16th, 12:42 am

What a lovely surprise.Was talking about not being interested on DTD because it’s online-only in the last Blog post but you can’t go wrong with free right?…DTD is actually a perfect fit for the Plus lineup.Have big respect for Jaffe and will play almost anything he puts out there so even with online-only not being ma cup of tea…will definitely give it a try.

March 16th, 1:21 pm

Welmosca- thanks for being willing to give the game a try- appreciate that! Beleive it or not, I’m not a MASSIVE online gamer either- for me, I love the promise of playing online but I don’t often find online games that I can fall in love with. But every now and then I do and to me, that’s the fun of making them: the challenge of maybe we can be a developer who can make an online game that not only satisfies some of the Players who already like online but also bring in new Players who tend to shy away from that sort of title.

So who knows…maybe this game will be that rare online game you fall in love with:). Either way, seriously, thanks for being willing to spend some time and check it out. Much apprecaited!

musibat said:

March 16th, 1:56 am

Was this not suppose to be F2P?

March 16th, 1:18 pm

Musibat, it was at the start but we changed part way through development.

MadeFromWater said:

March 16th, 2:25 am

Looks cool, love the unnecessary f.bombs from the announcer who’s voice is reminiscent of Q3A.

March 16th, 1:18 pm

Thanks- the announcer is one of my favorite aspects of the game’s tone! In the story he’s actually an out of work announcer who used to voice narration for games back in the 90’s and now Drawn is the only work he can get. I kid you not, he talks about it in game! And sometimes he just goes OFF on these 2-3 minute soliloquies about his personal life. Here, check it out to see what I mean:)…

Monkey484 said:

March 16th, 5:59 am

The game looks great. Can’t wait to give it a try. And now that it’ll be free with PS Plus I won’t have to try to convince my friends to try it either.

And it’s great that Jaffe is as active as he is in these comments. I love seeing devs participating in the community.

March 16th, 1:16 pm

Monkey- hey! So glad you think the game looks good and thanks tons for being willing to share the game with your friends. We can use all the Players we can get. Drawn To Death- I THINK- is going to be polarizing to an extent: some will LOVE it hard core and some will be like ‘Uhm, this is SOOOO not for me!’. I’d be surprised if there’s a big group who land somewhere in the middle, you know? So the more Players we can get to give DtD a shot, the higher the chance we can find a nice, healthy Drawn To Death community! Long way of saying: thank you!

As for being active, this is my community as well! I love posting and talking to fellow Players-

take it easy, Monkey!

NightD720 said:

March 16th, 9:16 am

OK this game is OK I was in beta. And not to be a hater or anything I really hope this game doesn’t count towards the 2 ps4 games a month. Just my opinion..

March 16th, 1:13 pm

NightD, I have no idea- that’s more of an answer you’d need to get from Sony themselves.

Sorry Drawn To Death didn’t turn your crank, Night. Perhaps our next game we get to make will be more your speed.

In the meantime, hoping whatever else PS Plus has in store this April makes you happy- take it easy! :)

NeoGrayFox said:

March 16th, 9:21 am

Congrats on the upcoming release, been excited about this one for a while. I played and enjoyed the beta, and was hoping to try and convince my other friends to pick this up, too. Plus is the perfect solution for us, now I don’t have to convince anyone.

Also, when explaining this game to them, I use Twisted Metal and Calling All Cars as references. I get the biggest rise from them with CAC, we love that game.

March 16th, 1:11 pm

NeoGray- ah thanks, man- so happy you enjoyed the beta! And yeah man, being a PS Plus free game sure makes it easier to get your friends to sample- happy to hear that :)

Dude, it’s crazy how many people mention they enjoyed CALLING ALL CARS. Sometimes you release a game and it feels like- for the most part- NO ONE is even aware of the thing. But over the years I’ve had a surprising number of people tell me they and their friends enjoyed CALLING CALL CARS! Love hearing that- thanks from all of us who made it :).

Hope to see you in the Drawn To Death Notebook- take it easy, sir!

INSANEGUYNSTUFF said:

March 16th, 9:32 am

Oh ma gawd, I can’t freakin’ wait!

March 16th, 1:08 pm

Us either! Hope you play and like it when it launches! Thanks InsaneGuy! :)

ElektroDragon said:

March 16th, 12:52 pm

Very cool of Mr. Jaffe to take the time to reply to so many of us! This is a famous designer here! Still love GoW…. so I’m sure your next game will have masterpiece written all over it. :)

March 16th, 1:09 pm

Very cool of y’all to post comments about the game- thank YOU! Glad you dug GOD OF WAR- and yeah, maybe Drawn To Death will be another game of ours you like- hope so! :)

Take it easy Elektro!

MadMan2170 said:

March 16th, 4:46 pm

Wow the latest game from the man who has made two of the greatest franchises in playstation history in God of War and Twisted Metal is actually a ps plus game?!?! I can’t believe what I’m reading this is great I’m already pumped for when this game comes out. I like the art style it’s pretty unique for a third person shooter I hate that I couldn’t get in on the beta cause I have a felling that I would’ve loved it. Keep up the great work David!

dizeeStL said:

March 16th, 8:30 pm

oh great another garbage game like calling all cars was

bkg420666 said:

March 20th, 8:46 pm

Cool im glad my plus is bringing ne something good again. Been awhile. I played the hell out the beta for this game. Really looking forward to it