Horizon Zero Dawn

Mar 24

Mar 24

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 3/28/2017

There's a lot to love in MLB The Show 17, from the new Retro Mode to the story-driven choices of Road to the Show. Find out for yourself on March 28.

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

If you’ve been following The Show for years, you already know how seriously the team at San Diego Studio takes baseball. But if you’re new to the mix, don’t sweat it. MLB The Show 17 has a little something for everyone, from card-based strategy all the way to its dialogue-driven story.

First up: Retro Mode. New to MLB The Show 17, this love letter to the 8-bit era boils all the action down onto one button. Anyone can step up and play like a pro — complete with old-school sound effects and a commentary track by Ken Griffey Jr.

But that’s just the start! Diamond Dynasty fuses card collecting with deep, strategic play. Build an empire of the best players from both the past and present to take on the entire world of baseball.

For a full list of new games coming to PlayStation next week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

The Drop

New Releases: Week of March 28, 2017
PS4 — Digital

Anoxemia

Anoxemia is a story-driven exploration game that puts you in control of the scientist Dr. Bailey and his operations drone, ATMA. Search the ocean floor as you discover and extract samples from the bowels of the underwater caves.

PS4 — Digital (Out 3/31)

APB Reloaded

Anarchy. Justice. In the world of APB, it’s your choice: live on the edge of the law or enforce it. Hit the streets as a licensed vigilante or hardened criminal in the crime-ravaged metropolis of San Paro where shootouts, car-chases, robbery, and vandalism are all in a day’s work.

PS4 — Digital (Out 3/27)

Fatal Fury Battle Archives Volume 2

This compilation contains some of SNK fan’s favorite titles from the Real Bout Fatal Fury series. Real Bout Fatal Fury is the only Fatal Fury title with bounds, and characters who are pushed out of bounds lose the round in a comical way, which can lead to unexpected comebacks.

PS VR — Digital

Fated: The Silent Oath

Set in the mythical age of Vikings, Fated: The Silent Oath tells a tale of courage and sacrifice where an everyday father and husband must do the impossible to save his family from the destruction of the world at the hands of giants of old.

PS4 — Digital (Out 3/29)

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition

A lifetime of farming takes on new meaning in Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition. Besides planting crops, raising animals, and rebuilding your father’s farm, you’ll make friends in Forget-Me-Not Valley, find your future bride, and hopefully cultivate a happy family!

PS4 — Digital

Has Been Heroes

Embark on an epic journey with the Has-Been Heroes, a group of legendary champions once celebrated throughout the kingdom — almost forgotten until the King has one more quest, the most epic of them all: to take the twin princesses to school!

PS4 — Digital

Heroes of the Monkey Tavern

After countless days and nights celebrating within the infamous Monkey Tavern, our team of adventurers have spent every last penny. Their fates, however, are about to change…

PS4 — Digital

Horse Racing 2016

Horse Racing 2016 is a game for everyone. Feel the thrill of a real racing championship. Hours and hours of play will keep you coming back for more.

The Inner World
PS4 — Digital (Out 3/31)

The release date has been updated!

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix is an HD remastered collection of 6 unforgettable Kingdom Hearts experiences available for the first time on PS4.

PS VR — Digital

Korix

Korix places you deep in space, fighting for your race’s survival after your homeworld is destroyed. With nothing left to lose, you are put in the role of commander, with the sole mission of taking the fight back to the enemy. Build up your defences, capture resources, and build your own army to exact revenge.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

MLB The Show 17

MLB The Show 17 delivers the most authentic and personal baseball gaming experience on console. This year The Show offers exciting gameplay improvements and a greater ability to personalize your baseball experience.

PS4 — Digital

Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren's Call

When Sarah Black, curator at the Caribbean Naval Museum, receives a package from a mysterious messenger, she is unwittingly drawn into an ancient conflict. Inside the package she finds an artifact, and instantly assailants descend on the museum to rob her. The artifact is stolen. Sarah lowers her head in disbelief as she realizes that again she is falling headfirst into a nightmare from the deep.

PS4 — Digital

Old Time Hockey

Aggressive hockey is back in town! Experience hockey the way it was meant to be played in this old school arcade style hockey game where blood on the ice is just another day at the rink.

PS4 — Digital (Out 3/31)

Punch Club

Train hard, find love, deliver pizza, punch crocodiles, fight and rank up in leagues. Welcome to Punch Club, the Boxing Management Tycoon where you choose your own path, and find out who murdered your father

PS4 — Digital

R.B.I. Baseball 17

R.B.I. Baseball 2017 returns with fast paced, high-octane, pick-up-and-play baseball action. Take control of your game with reactive pitching and batting for in-the-moment decisions. R.B.I. 2017 is packed with 30 authentic ballparks, advanced stat tracking, season game sims, and roster updates throughout the year.

PS4 — Digital

Rain World

You are a slugcat. The world around you is full of danger, and you must face it — alone. Separated from your family in a devastating flood, you must hunt for food and shelter between terrifying torrential downpours that threaten to drown all life.

PS Vita — Digital

A doomed sailor is shipwrecked on an uncharted island. In fog-shrouded valleys, shambling figures begin to stir. Salt and Sanctuary seamlessly combines fast, brutal, and complex 2D combat with richly developed RPG mechanics.

PS4 — Digital (Out 3/31)

SkyKeepers

SkyKeepers is a 2D action platformer following the journey of village chief Tangi, as he desperately fights to reclaim both his world and life. Seamlessly chain together various attacks and combos, launching foes skyward.

PS4 — Digital

Snake Pass

As Noodle the snake, slither, wriggle, curl, coil, and climb your way to the top of Haven Tor in this one-of-a-kind puzzle adventure from award winning independent studio Sumo Digital.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Vikings - Wolves of Midgard

Vikings — Wolves of Midgard takes you to the Shores of Midgard, a world based upon the mythology and history of the Vikings — with a fantasy twist. Battle the terrifying beasts of Ragnarok as you strive to survive the growing cold that threatens to end all life.

PS4 — Digital

We Are The Dwarves

The Dwarven stars are slowly dying — putting the race at the edge of extinction. Deliverance is poised upon three Dwarven astronauts who are sent on an expedition to find a new star in the depths of the Endless Stone.

PS4 — Digital (Out 3/30)

Wonder Boy Returns

A classic action masterpiece arcade game Wonder Boy has been remade in HD! Food is important for a primitive man! Collect all food before your health gets depleted, defeat all enemies, avoid all obstacles, and head over to save Tina!

PlayStation Music Logo

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Rock and a Hard Place- March 27 at 10/9c (HBO)
  • The Detour- March 28 at 10/9c (TBS)
  • The Walking Dead- April 2 at 9/8c (AMC)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

july161986 said:

March 24th, 2:14 pm

What about dlc? Which add ons will be coming?

Rapturesassassin said:

March 24th, 2:39 pm

And theres always that 1 troll.

zeil999 said:

March 24th, 2:58 pm

@Raptureassassin I mean, it’s a pretty valid question when talking about new content releases. They could simply post them in a table listing all new DLC being released. I don’t think it’s too much to ask.

CommanderClif said:

March 24th, 5:05 pm

Yeah sucks right?! Everyone is missing the Tuesday release posts and these Drops posts haven’t turned in to what they said they would be. You THINK they would want to put in that TellTale Walking Dead episode 3 chapter comes put next week. Sigh

OnTheBus666 said:

March 24th, 5:39 pm

Dark F’n Souls 3 baby Ringed City!!!!

Letters2Kay said:

March 24th, 10:47 pm

You are so not a troll, July. As a longtime Sony fanboy, I certainly understand the desire to stand up for a company and console that you love, but taking away an informed and thorough list of weekly releases is absolutely a dis-service to your loyal customers who depend on this information and seek it out. [1/2]

Letters2Kay said:

March 24th, 10:48 pm

Stop calling your fellow Playstation gamers trolls, Rapture, and start seeing this for what it is. A slap in the face. I had DLC release for one of my favorite games a little over a week ago and I had no idea. It’s a slightly obscure Japanese title that is over a year old, and is not going to get any coverage on this blog anymore, but I would have appreciated an easy way to see that it was out and what the price was. Instead, I had to search it out myself online on another website, then search the console store alphabetically after a fruitless and slow search of “add-ons.” I excitedly visited this blog for a decade and eagerly looked forward to the list of what was new. That excitement is gone now. I just stumble onto new stuff and wonder when it was released. I need to know about new DLC. I need to know what’s on sale this week. I need to see pricing for all of this stuff. Sony released it. Sony published it. Is it really too much to ask that they give us a simple list of what’s new and how much it costs? [2/2]

TeamGreen615 said:

March 25th, 12:05 am

If I ate a bowl of alphabet soup and took a dump I could leave a better statement than anything Littleassassinboy has to say.

shogun00 said:

March 25th, 4:25 pm

Agreed! It doesn’t even have to be a complex list. Ryan just give us a list of the games that are getting DLC this week.

Example:
    The following games are getting DLC this week.
    Rockband
    The Walking Dead
    Etc….

DesolatiionAngel said:

March 27th, 12:09 am

I also almost miss out on the release of the senran kagura dlc, but Im glad I stumble upon it

july161986 said:

March 28th, 9:32 am

I never meant to sound like a troll so please forgive me for that, my question was sincere. I really wanted to know if they plan to release Tuesday dlc information. I currently have dragon ball z xenerverse 2 and world of final fantasy that I constantly check for updates but I hate having to go through the ps store on my PS4 so find them. I also would like to see which games has a sale going on for them.

Alastor424 said:

March 24th, 2:29 pm

Really excited to play Harvest Moon and Kingdom Hearts again.

Really happy to see a new PS2 game, especially a Harvest Moon game. Hoping for Save the Homeland as well.

Torracat83 said:

March 25th, 1:59 am

I think I read Save the Homeland got rated for the PS4 by the ESRB as well. So I imagine sometime in the near future.

paulogy said:

March 24th, 2:46 pm

WOW, huge Drop this week! I have been looking forward to Rain World and Snake Pass for some time, among others, so I’m glad the time has finally come :-)

Rapturesassassin said:

March 24th, 2:55 pm

On the Physical Side for me
– MLB The Show 17
– Viking – Wolves of midgard
– Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 +2.5 Remix

Then i’ll be downloading
– Harvest Moon
– APB Reloaded (finally on my console of choose instead of Xbox 1)
– Old Time Hockey (i suggest everyone get this if you like old videogames and hockey)
– Snake Pass

Letters2Kay said:

March 24th, 10:51 pm

Cool story, bro.

RISE_UP44 said:

March 24th, 3:06 pm

Thanks for the update Ryan.

RISE_UP44 said:

March 24th, 3:09 pm

I can’t say much yet but what I can say is Old Time Hockey is really Fun & Addicting!! There are also a few other games on this list I have spent time with that I can’t say much about yet but Snake Pass was my favorite game I spent time with at PAX East a few weeks back. SkyKeeprs, Vikings & Fated each have their own unique qualities that make them worth playing. One I have not played that looks really awesome is Rain World, I can not wait to pick this one up on Tuesday.

KidCommando said:

March 24th, 3:39 pm

Bring the STORE UPDATE back to the Blog.

Rapturesassassin said:

March 24th, 3:52 pm

No one cares what u want :)

Letters2Kay said:

March 24th, 10:55 pm

With you 100%, KidCommando.

Tatanka2007 said:

March 25th, 7:53 am

People do care!

This week is a total dud. I just want to see my premium edition of Persona 5 on the front porch. April 4 can’t get here soon enough!

Definitely not excited about Kingdom Hearts, a remaster of a remaster. Too bad the one PS2/Vita title that should get remastered, Persona 4 (Golden), shows no signs of that happening.

Krytoko said:

March 27th, 7:22 am

Tatanka2007 I agree, The days leading up to April 4 are going to be among the longest for me lol.
    Also, do you mean a PS4 remaster of Golden?

iikefkaii said:

March 24th, 3:46 pm

Oh my my my, APB Reloaded is finally here. Been waiting for this for soooo long. I hope they are giving us a better launch experience than the Xbox got.

Can’t wait to play it.

Rapturesassassin said:

March 24th, 3:55 pm

I’ll just leave this here
    www youtube com/watch?v=2Wo7N9uzSBw

iikefkaii said:

March 24th, 4:19 pm

I could care less about the frame rates. The game is a ton of fun. I still play it some on Xbox some, but have waiting to play on PS4 because that’s where all my friends will be.

I’ve wasted $60 on newer games with excellent fps & graphics that were garbage and collecting dust within a week or two. I’ve played this for almost a year on Xbox in the terrible state it’s in over there and have a blast every night I log in.

Rapturesassassin said:

March 25th, 7:20 am

@iikefkaii
    I guess PlayStation Gamers do like bad games just look at Ark. Sells great, but its a bad game. So i guess APB fits that. Oh well enjoy your bad game. I’ll probably get since it frree2play anyways but i’ll probably delete it in 20 minutes.

iikefkaii said:

March 25th, 1:04 pm

@rapture It’s a great game. It has the best customization features out of any game ever. The PVP blows GTAV out of the water. Have fun downloading and uninstalling it though, like.

arlrex said:

March 24th, 3:50 pm

Wonder Boy, Fatal Fury, and Salt and Sanctuary for me this week.

four24twenty said:

March 24th, 3:57 pm

I want to check out Old Time Hockey, if only for the one-handed “Beer Mode”.

vackume said:

March 24th, 4:30 pm

>tfw you’re scrolling through all this garbage and that shining diamond in the rough appears: Horse Racing 2016.

Seriously though, looking forward to Rain World.

Tjoeb123 said:

March 24th, 9:52 pm

Kingdom Hearts is anything but that g-word.

cleversignin said:

March 25th, 11:02 am

@Tjoeb123 Kingdom Hearts was the worst kind of sell out, squenix + Disney for marketing reasons? it was aimed at people too young to have played FF (but heard of it and craved something like it) but old enough to have caught a whiff of Disney from their parents. that franchise is a marketing ploy and should be destroyed. anyone who grew up with either would punch you in the junk for putting Daffy and Goofy in a game, worst characters ever.

gameman15 said:

March 25th, 7:56 pm

@cleversignin There’s three things I want to say about your comment. First, congratulations, you have insulted one of the biggest fanbases in gaming. I’m not a Kingdom Hearts fan but at least, unlike you, I respect both the game series and it’s fanbase. Not to mention that Kingdom Hearts it’s not really a kid’s game since it has a lot of dark moments. Second, it’s pronounced “Square-Enix” not “squenix”. Finally, the duck in the game series is NOT DAFFY!! IT’S DONALD!! Daffy Duck is a Warner Bros. character, not a Disney character like Donald Duck is.

Guyper said:

March 24th, 7:46 pm

Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!

We want “Spider-man:The Videogame”!! Please kindly let SEGA borrow the license to make it happen!!

Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap! Clap!

Torracat83 said:

March 25th, 12:25 am

Getting Kingdom Hearts and Harvest Moon! I played A Wonderful Life on GameCube, but won’t mind doing it again on PS4.

gohan16ken said:

March 25th, 4:07 am

Ok, I see Fatal Fury: Battle Archives Volume 2 but where is Fatal Fury: Battle Archives Volume 1?

cleversignin said:

March 25th, 11:04 am

quantity != quality. slow down.

Figboy said:

March 25th, 5:04 pm

Woo Hoo! More PS2 Classics! Please get the Persona and Shin Megami Tensei PS2 games on PS4 next!

oEterniao said:

March 25th, 10:30 pm

I wonder if they fixed any of the graphical issues with Harvest moon , this was a horrible port on ps2 . The gamecube version was superior

JayBizzle311 said:

March 26th, 4:24 pm

PlayStation please check this reddit out. Many people are not receiving emails from PlayStation. I am one of those people and I know all of my communication settings are checked to allow emails from PlayStation/Sony.

I haven’t gotten the email for the platinum theme code on Bloodborne and Horizon Zero Dawn. I’ve been waiting for over a month now to receive my Horizon Zero Dawn avatar rewards from the countdown quests on live.playstation.com. It said they were supposed to be emailed 7-10 after completing the quest. I’ve been waiting for over a month for these emails.

On the actual live playstation website it says “PlayStation-Temp-Key” when I click the “Rewards Tab” and select the HZD avatars.
Also many other countless emails such as the PlayStation newsletter. Also the email promotions that you were giving out this week/weekend. The stories of people getting emails for 20% discounts on PSN cart and the holy “Golden Ticket” email for $100 on PSN.

Just saying. I’m not the only one having issues not getting emails from PlayStation. Please look into this email issue.

joeghi said:

March 27th, 8:02 am

Wow what a surprise to see Heroes of the Monkey Tavern on PS4.
Played this on PC and It was great.
I might play this once again.
Non Japanese Dungeon Crawler are a rare piece on console, this is great news.

VinsanityV21 said:

March 27th, 2:21 pm

Other than Snake Pass, I’m seeing almost nothing. Cool. Nice to have a slow week! Although I admit, I chuckle at The Show this year since Griffey is featured so heavily – it really seems like a dig at Nintendo to me :) Don’t think I don’t know how they owned the Seattle Marines until very recently when they sold off their stakes due to needing money real bad (or that Griffey was the star of something like 5 of their baseball games back when they made them. Heck, Rockstar San Diego’s – Angel Studios back then iirc? – Ken Griffey Jr Slugest is still my personal favorite baseball game). Also, Wonder Boy is returning? The Adventure Island Wonder Boy? So suspiciously close to real-deal Wonder Boy of The Dragon’s Trap and Monster Boy? Oh, its good to see the naming confusion around the multiple games of that/those series’ begin anew XD

SadStrangeLilMan said:

March 28th, 1:23 am

Been keeping up with the release of KH 1.5 + 2.5 for PS4 and it turns out there’s a pretty nasty bug where the game sometimes crashes on save. Save crash: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiot9Hukxc[/url] Though some of the bugs, namely a few of the 60fps related ones have been fixed, there are remaining issues with Reaction Commands that still exist, along with a few odd crashes. Video showing initial issues with release: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w_UP5LKtRA[/url] I’d love to purchase the game, but the prospect of potentially having my data corrupted is horrible, on top of the fact that many of these bugs were present in the original PS3 remasters. In the mean time, I’m holding off unfortunately.

nikki_boagreis said:

March 28th, 4:53 am

Even if youre data was currupt or might possibly become currupt for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 you can always delete the game data from game data utility and the save file still exist in save data utility. Save data exist unless you manually deleted it from save data utility. Upload it on the ps cloud or online storage then retrieve it, because all save data in online storage is cleared of all currupt data. Also like Safe Mode always says the “the hdd’s currupt” it’s a default message, it always says currupt doesn’t necessarily mean anything. That’s kind of the purpose of having ps plus, backing up save data, all save data in online storage is cleared of any curruption. It’s a defrag tool like using Safe Mode =)

djsaiyan said:

March 28th, 9:08 am

Salt and Sanctuary cross-buy isn’t working.

Torracat83 said:

March 28th, 11:18 am

Harvest Moon is out now if you want it.

lutfy said:

March 31st, 10:49 am

where is wonder boy returns..its not available