God of War

Mar 29

Mar 29

PS Plus: Free Games for April 2017

Arena shooter Drawn to Death and couch co-op sensation Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime lead next month's lineup.

James Hallahan's Avatar Posted by PlayStation Plus

Happy springtime, PlayStation Nation! The PlayStation Plus lineup for April is here and we’re really excited for this special month of great multiplayer games. Whether you’re looking for couch co-op comradery or fierce online action, we’ve got great some great picks for you this month.

We couldn’t contain our excitement for Drawn To Death, so we let the news out early that this will be a launch title for PS Plus in April. From the acclaimed developer David Jaffe, Drawn To Death challenges the shooter genre with unconventional gameplay mechanics that bring this third-person shooter/brawler to life. The game takes place entirely inside the pages of a high school kid’s notebook where hand-drawn characters and levels come to life.

We’ve also got the excellent couch co-op title Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime. Pilot a neon battleship through a colorful galaxy by yourself or with up to three others. Through teamwork, triumph over the evil forces of Anti-Love, rescue kidnapped space-bunnies, and avoid a vacuumy demise. Protip: you can also play this game online with others through PS4’s Share Play feature.

Full lineup:

• Drawn To Death, PS4
  • Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, PS4
  • Invizimals: the Lost Kingdom, PS3
  • Alien Rage – Extended Edition, PS3
  • 10 Second Ninja, PS Vita (crossbuy with PS4)
  • Curses ‘n Chaos, PS Vita (crossbuy on PS4)

Enjoy April’s lineup, and we’ll see you online!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

musthyzz said:

April 3rd, 6:23 am

mmmmeh…

TotesMe said:

April 3rd, 3:15 pm

This is the first time in years that I want to comment here.

First off, it is okayvthat apparently some people are happy to pay for PSN, free crap games and access to online multiplayer. I am NOT one of them.
I can’t even remember when we actually got an interesting game in the monthly so called freebies. Personally, I haven’t downloaded a free game in 2 years. Just nothing there that would make me want to.
So yeah, I am ****ed off. I never expected to get AAA games every month. But come on! At least once in a while should there be a great title, even if an older one!
Right now, you are just milking your customers. I wish I could just pay a small fee for the access to multiplayers instead of having these sorry excuses for games thrown at me every month.

Someone said earlier that we don’t get good games any more since PSNow was launched and I think that’s exactly right. Sony can’t get enough money out of us. Very disappointing.

And no, I can’t just leave as I also don’t want to pay 40-50GBP on a game and then not be able to play it online with others. Duh!

Signed, a female gamer ex- fan of yours.

AlexJones_Bankai said:

April 4th, 12:02 am

Looks like a good Month to be fair. Already own 10 Second Ninja X (really good game, for those of you who haven’t played it, give a bash – takes a few levels to get into the rhythm of things but its awesome).
I’ll admit that most Months I have a little winge (this is my first post though) about the Games but in all honesty I’m always shocked at how good the Indie Titles are, can’t complain really.

Would be nice to see some older AAA Titles coming through, but Plus never usually disappoints!
Liked the look of Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, should be an interesting Game to play with my Partner.
Has anybody played a Beta or something for Drawn to Death? Looks cool, but I’m not sure at the moment.
Curses ‘n Chaos looks interesting, like playing retro esc games :D

I’ve been wondering what will happen now that Sony are stopping production of the Ps3, will the Ps4 get more Titles per Month or will they just cut the list down by 2?

shadyltd1989 said:

April 4th, 1:08 am

Spend $400 on a console to receive free apps from Google Play. I’m sorry I meant indie titles. These games aren’t free so why am I paying for them. Simple solution give me a subscription with discounts online access and keep the free stuff. $45 a year without free games sounds nice to me I’ll buy my own.

zethforskype said:

April 4th, 7:09 am

great game for vita i will try my best to make myself enjoy it lol

DJRandolf said:

April 4th, 12:55 pm

Last months games were pretty good must have been the only decent month in a long time But omg another month of rubbish games I won’t be getting any of the games listed for this month

Akmaljon said:

April 4th, 5:52 pm

Lovers in a dangerous spacetime is only local? Wth! I was hoping to play with friends! Now line up totally sucks

ttt34534534534 said:

April 5th, 3:43 am

So I made this account just to post my opinion here (dont remember my passwort as its saved on my playstation).

I get really annoyed when i read these kind of comments like “its a free game, be glad you get anything”

let me say it like this:

Its not free, you are paying a subscribtion every month, you pay that for the ability to play online (which was actually free before) and some games which you can only play as long as you stay subscribed.

I got PS+ just for the games, i dont give a s*** about the online playing component, i expected to get a decent title i am interested in every 2 Months (mind you, that does not mean a new AAA necesarly, there are a lot of good old games). Also because it was stated that the free games for Christmas / December would rock my Socks off.

ttt34534534534 said:

April 5th, 3:44 am

split because of +1250

Now i am a member since October last year and there has not been a single titel yet which i have even played. And that is simply bulls**** I have by now cancled my ps+ membership and am really annoyed that i purchased the 12 Months package.

Seeing the lineup Provided by Microsoft i am also decided that after getting every console from ps1-4 i will switch for the next generation to Xbox.

Top that off on having to repurchase all my ps3 games on ps4 again (ff7,ffx remastered, etc.),

SalsaFromage said:

April 5th, 8:11 am

Couple of points…

“Its not free”
    Yes it is. Says so in the title of the page youre posting in.

“got PS+ just for the games, i dont give a s*** about the online playing”
    If that’s the reason you got PS+ then you are monumentally naïve and I seriously question your decision making skills. You clearly have no concept of what you’re purchasing.

“i am a member since October last year and there has not been a single titel yet which i have even played. And that is simply bulls****”

Absolutely priceless, the end of your sentence perfectly answers what precedes it!
    Youve discredited your entire argument and not remotely entitled to an opinion. Youre writing games off and complaining on forums without even playing them, which is laughable considering it costs you nothing more than you allegedly “paid” to at least download and try em. Moreover you purchased PS+ specifically for the games, done so for 5-6 months and played a single one…hilarious!

I could go on but your post; with all due respect, its utter nonsense.

Akmaljon said:

April 5th, 10:39 am

@SalsaFromage, lol no, it is not free. If they take $H1t and call it candy, will you still eat it? Don’t be ignorant

SalsaFromage said:

April 5th, 6:38 am

Youre paying for an online subscription. Games and PSN discounts are just an extra and its clearly not what you are paying for at the price offered. If youre being given something for “free” what do you realistically expect?

If you occasionally get an old AAA or a smattering of fun time killers then bonus! I certainly wouldnt be expecting much from these games as I have sensible expectations as to what Im purchasing and economics.

If PS were peddling the subscription as a dedicated monthly games bundle only then I would have some sympathy however the title of this page reads “FREE Games for April 17”. Spot the key word.

1. If youre paying specifically for the games believing they will be AAA quality I recommend you see a medical professional to diagnose the problem.
2. If you dont play or buy online then cancel your subscription and use the $60 saved to buy yourself a top AAA single player game such as MGS, Witcher 3 etc. problem solved!
3. If you do play online then understand that is what you are paying for. Play enough to get your money’s worth and stop moaning about the quality of the free toy in the cereal box.

javiervc said:

April 5th, 8:56 am

Funny how many people just repeat the argument “don’t complain about FREE games”… guys, those games aren’t free. You are paying a $60/yr for them. The real question you should be asking yourself (if you subscribe to Plus just for the games) is: would I spend ~$60/yr on any of these games if I had to buy them full price and individually? If the answer is yes, then you are getting more value than what you are paying for… if it’s no, then, you are just throwing away your money.

My 2 cents :)

zethforskype said:

April 5th, 9:35 am

Hey playstation when are you going to put uncharted on sale havent seen it yet im waiting for more than 10 months. On Uk and Australia psn store it was on sale many times lol

hexsneaker said:

April 5th, 9:41 am

XBOX got RYSE,WALKING DEAD s2, DARKSIDERS, and AC:Revelations.

We got….. screwed…

not going to renew anymore finishing my bag logs and when scorpio comes out iam out . been with ps since start. its been garbage lately.

Mohd23232 said:

April 6th, 3:22 am

All i want is a psvr game to come on ps plus.

FinalRevival said:

April 6th, 9:36 pm

Couple things:

People emotionally comparing PS4 to XBOX: Nobody is holding anyone at gun point. I think you are free to choose what you like. If you don’t like what you have, why not change it?

People complaining over not being able to save couple bucks a month. May be playing PS is not your priority right now. Don’t you think?

If you think you are paying couple bucks a month only for games? I think you don’t know what you are purchasing because the math is wrong. What about the utilities you get like network services, cloud services like storage, share play, online save, exclusives, discounts, trials, early beta access leave alone software development, services and upgrades etc. the list goes on.. oh I still didn’t mention the free games. That was the main topic right! Yeah, let me add that… THEN you get free games. Not only for PS4 but also for PS3 and VITA without paying extra. Oh wait, did I mention that you could use one playstation plus account giving access to other accounts in the same household..

And they continue to add more features and services. Four couple bucks a month… I am a happy camper. I don’t even have the time to play all the free games due to “EXCLUSIVES” PS4 have.

liorbu said:

April 7th, 11:06 am

I have a bridge to sell I’d like to pitch to you. When are you done giving Sony head?

FinalRevival said:

April 7th, 11:39 am

@liorbu : If you can’t put two reasonable words together, I don’t have interest talking to you.

liorbu said:

April 7th, 11:08 am

FFS, don’t even look as far as GwG (which is overhwelmingly better in every aspect), just look at the free games list for ps plus Asia! You guys must really be enjoying getting the short end of the stick the way you’re taking it.

damienpeeters said:

April 8th, 3:12 am

Ps plus really sucks on ps4. The games are seriously not better then ps1 games. I think Sony is becoming so greedy that i would step over to Xbox. they get cool games for free. ps plus is a rip off. Truly sad about Playstation and i’ve been a PS fan since i’m 4 years old. So keep up the greedy mentality sony and lose your customers!

damienpeeters said:

April 8th, 3:17 am

I feel a lot of people on this forum. I think Sony only cares about japan.. Like monster hunter online, only for japan. Cool ps plus updates, only for japan. and your loyal customers in Europe and U.S. go play some ps1 games, we don’t care about Europe and U.S.

Yabbledabble said:

April 8th, 8:29 pm

The cost of PlayStation Plus is not to pay for the games. They are an added bonus for the subscription.
Remember when PS4 first came out, PS Plus just offered 1 game a month for free. We now get 2 games a month and some times due to cross play we get more. This month we get 4 games on PS4.

10 Second Ninja X (PS4, PS Vita)
Curses ‘n Chaos (PS4, PS Vita)
Drawn to Death (PS4)
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (PS4)

PlayStation Plus also gives discounts to many downloads every month.
I think complaining about what free games you are being offered with a subscription to a service is not worth complaining about..

Most of the time I pay for the games I want the most and if I get a free download that is good then that is an added bonus.

(this month looks like an add to collection but not download for me. Maybe next month will be a good one.)

machine_74 said:

April 10th, 6:06 pm

IGN: “4.0 BAD Drawn to Death is a mean spirited, misguided mess that falls short mechanically and wants you to feel bad about yourself.”

“Drawn to Death just doesn’t feel good to play.”

LMAO Come on Sony!

NiteDinky7 said:

April 12th, 11:38 am

The games this month are pretty good. Willing to give Drawn to Death a chance since it comes from a AAA designer who was part of Twisted Metal and God of War, as he ventures out on his own. Lovers is a great game, it does the one thing that no developer making games for Sony has done well– actually they have sucked at it, local multiplayer party game, this game reminded me what Nintendo has done so well with their titles like Bomberman and Mario Kart, playing Lovers with friends in the same room has been great and i would recommend it if you like those type of “party” games.

NiteDinky7 said:

April 12th, 11:39 am

Everyone hating Sony for lack of AAA games is understandable, I sometimes feel that Sony needs to balance this service with giving those customers a bone. Giving us discounts on AAA has been great, as i have bought a lot of games by this method, so thank you. But neglecting customers that hoped to get a AAA title for free with their subscription is wrong too. So Sony, surprise us and give the community something, for example, like “Shadow of Mordor,” ” Wolfenstein: The New Order,” and maybe a Resident Evil game, something please. If you continue the Indie route (I do like the Indie games), maybe a really strong indie that resembles a AAA game would be good, for example, The Darkest Dungeon, a killer Indie game that plays and feels better than most AAA games would be great game to get for free in the future. Meeting the Community half-way would be great for all, think about it Sony.

Alecj22 said:

April 13th, 6:14 am

Defending these games as PS+ choices is impossible.

I just need to say something about Drawn to Death….

That situation is a disgrace. They took what was supposed to be a “free to play” game, put a price tag on it, then “gave” it to PS+ subscribers. Besides the fact, that it is not a good game, to attempt and pass it off as a “free” game for PS+ is insulting.

They either thought they could squeeze a few dollars out of the PS+ subscriber base on microtransactions, or hoped they could create a player base by using the PS+ people to prime the pump…..Sure that worked for Rocket League, but that game seems to have had its own legs and would have succeeded regardless.

The point is, i believe Sony used the PS+ subscribers to try and buoy a bad game or at least recoup a few dollars.

That is crappy.

That is about as far from a subscriber benefit as it gets.

Sony needs to get it turned around. PS+ is a giant disappointment so far in 2017.

Plus, i dont see any improvement in their online network, and isnt that why they tucked playing online behind a pay wall.

Ive been a Playstation fanboy my whole life…..im not feeling appreciated theses days.

Thats just how i feel. Like it or not.

bonemouth said:

April 13th, 10:46 am

Titles like these ensure that it will be quite a while before I buy another PSN subscription.

MercilessFate879 said:

April 14th, 11:54 am

The next game we need is Call Of Duy Black Ops 2

sachre4 said:

April 15th, 5:55 pm

Just another terrible month of horrible games,who are the game developers over there anyways they need to higher new people

Dimethyl_trip said:

April 16th, 6:35 am

Thanks Sony for another month of absolute garbage.

RtrGMR083 said:

April 17th, 12:06 pm

These free games are garbage. You play pc games online for free, why do we pay for psn when it’s low quality?

BannedSouls said:

April 17th, 1:14 pm

Only had the PS4 for two months… Really glad I have my Xbox to fall back on whenever PSN has a terrible lineup of games.

I don’t give a rat’s ass if they are free games, they are terrible.

Guibs25 said:

April 20th, 12:55 pm

Free games is free games but I think this will be the 3rd month in a row that I add in my cart the games, buy them “for free” and don’t even care to actually download and play these games.

Considering the quality of the games that we used to have before on the PS3, I can’t help than to be disappointing. It’s all about indie games after indie games. Don’t get me wrong, I respect and appreciate that Sony is giving these guys chances to display their game, but the fact we almost never have actual full blow PS4 games as part of the PS plus subscription is disappointing.

I guess game company don’t want to give out their games for free anymore. The fact that some games that were release on the first year of the PS4, yeah, way back in 2013/2014 are yet to show up as part of the PS plus sibscription. That’s 3 years old games. It’s hard to believe we can’t even get some of these original games in here.

PAGE 1 2 3 4