PlayStation VR

Mar 30

Mar 30

Destiny 2 Coming to PS4 September 8, Watch the Reveal Trailer

Bungie's long-aniticpated sequel gets its first full-length trailer and a release date later this year.

DeeJ's Avatar Posted by Bungie

Hey, PlayStation Nation.

DeeJ from Bungie here with some exciting news: Destiny 2 has been officially revealed!

We’ve begun a conversation about our next adventure together. There is so much more to say before the time comes to reunite the Guardians to reclaim their city from the most dreaded threat it has ever faced. Fortunately, we have until September 8 to dive into the details.

This is a new beginning for every player. We know you have questions about the worlds you’ll explore, the enemies you’ll fight, the powers you’ll master, and (as Cayde promised) the loot you’ll earn. We’ll also show off the exclusive content you’ve come to expect on PlayStation. All will be answered in the weeks and months to come. It should be a hell of a ride.

Destiny 2Destiny 2Destiny 2

Up next, we’ll take a look at the gameplay. Of course you want to see gameplay! Your first chance to see Destiny 2 in action will happen on May 18. We hope to have you all in the audience for that livestream.

This summer will be your chance to get your hands on a controller. You’ll be invited to help us prepare for launch by joining our open Beta. Players who pre-order Destiny 2 will be the first to jump into action, but we’ll be calling on all Guardians to give their feedback.

There will be so many other stops to make along the way. The journey that leads to Destiny 2 will circle the globe and span the solar system. We’ve only fired the first shot.

Add Your Own

FireGuy13 said:

March 30th, 10:04 am

Awesome!! One question… will there be a Collector’s Edition of the game? I got lucky to get the first one as a CE, and would love to have this one as well.

FireGuy13 said:

March 30th, 10:05 am

Nevermind, just saw it on Gamestop. Thanks!!!

DesertAss2in said:

March 30th, 10:04 am

GET SOME!

Akmaljon said:

March 30th, 10:08 am

Well, trailer looks nice and hope those loot thing is true. But, I will wait and see if they will do same poop as in destiny then I better spend that money somewhere else.

falconbox said:

March 30th, 10:09 am

Will there be time to explain this time?

DarthSmurfX said:

March 30th, 10:11 am

There will be loot! So I will be there.

Xcaligamer1 said:

March 30th, 10:17 am

Guess this solo player here should get around to experiencing a raid now with sequel coming out

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

March 30th, 2:04 pm

I would suggest trying to find people who aren’t arrogant and be forward about not knowing what to do. I think twitch people help when solo players need it also.

Xcaligamer1 said:

March 30th, 3:52 pm

Yeah jisatsu…it’s been a reason I haven’t tried looking. More open to strikes then I was before but when I was newish to that I had 2 a**holes fussing at me for not knowing what to do. Can’t imagine if it had been a raid

Leed_Kanyka said:

March 31st, 4:09 am

Jisatsu_Kiddo
    Nightfall MUST have this feachure as default options case i didnt like to LFG for it.
    I have all three guardian at 400 light long befor i managet to even start a WOTM, and I realy didnt like LFG to raid. It’s like a Matchmaking but some stupid manual ones.

Po750Po said:

April 5th, 5:11 pm

As a solo player it is hard to ever do a nightfall or raid. It would be nice to see a change for solo or dual players.

Butters360 said:

March 30th, 10:18 am

Can’t wait to see the new Iron Banner armor.

rafael_martines said:

March 30th, 10:27 am

Whens Patapon and Locoroco Remaster trailers?

SiloEyes said:

March 30th, 10:37 am

As a former Destiny lover with shirts and my own Ghost but who dropped out after Taken King… It seems kinda crazy to ask for a $250 pre-order without showing a single ounce of gameplay or illustrating the things being change to address the issues Destiny 1 had. I get that the gameplay reveal isn’t coming until mid-May, but maybe wait to start the marketing machine push for a product that hasn’t even be shown yet?

highlowsel said:

April 5th, 5:10 pm

Silo: I haven’t checked but really, $250 for the pre-order? To be blunt there’s not a chance in hades (heh) that I’m going to fork over that much cash. I like the game, though it’s gotten a bit repetitive, but I can wait.

KageRedux said:

April 13th, 8:14 am

$250? What are they giving us with $250? I think it would be better to just do an open alpha and beta, and then get feedback before doing anything else with Destiny

EvilAbdy said:

March 30th, 10:42 am

Pre order doesn’t seem to be showing up on the web store. Anyone else seeing that?

KazeEternal said:

March 30th, 10:52 am

You guys have a lot to prove before I even put any money towards this game. After 3 years of Destiny, I can’t see any reason why I’d want to come back for a Destiny 2.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

March 30th, 2:05 pm

Really, You played for three years and can’t think of one reason?

KageRedux said:

April 13th, 8:17 am

I think he/she’s saying that Destiny was more of a disappointment than anything else. I’m sure there are reasons to come back, but I think he/she’s asking for new reasons, not the same old ones.

I personally think there should be newer reasons to play the game too. The consistency of the gameplay is cool, but something other than the story and the armor and such has to be different

Kehoe9008 said:

March 30th, 10:56 am

Will old accounts be returning or will everyone start fresh? Having everyone start a new would be the best option.

strykerjr said:

March 30th, 11:07 am

Will our Destiny 1 characters be playable in the Beta, or will we have to wait till launch.

Trendy_Kid said:

March 30th, 11:08 am

I am glad gear is not transferable between games.

KageRedux said:

April 13th, 8:18 am

Can you source this? I would like to read about this.

Hakumen__ said:

March 30th, 11:09 am

Well, I’l wait for Destiny 3 to have a launch date before picking the more up-to-date version of Destiny 2 for $60 USD or less.

Solearo said:

March 30th, 11:15 am

Issue #1 Cannot preorder CE to Hungary.

Question: If I order physical CE from somewhere else (eg. Some shop that delivers to Hungary) how will I get beta access?

TEDazzurri4 said:

March 30th, 11:28 am

I Cant Wait For Play The Game

The_4th_Hokage_X said:

March 30th, 12:29 pm

Well, we know the drill, wait about 3 years, save about 150 bucks, finish everything within a month or two

cusman said:

March 30th, 12:54 pm

A game whose story is your other stuff is gone, now go get new stuff, umm… and less pretentious Guardian stroking to prod you towards your Destiny of loot grind loop.

KILLZONE79 said:

March 30th, 2:01 pm

Ditch the light system
I’ve been kicked out of friends fireteams cause of low light level

KageRedux said:

April 13th, 8:20 am

That sucks. I always thought the light system was kind of cool, so sorry to hear that people can be a-holes about that stuff.

JinZer069 said:

March 30th, 4:52 pm

Trailer of the Year for me.

OystterOfTime said:

March 30th, 5:11 pm

“Bungie’s long-anticipated sequel” lmao had a good laugh at that.

holicek said:

March 30th, 6:05 pm

lol my thoughts exactly. Maybe if they re-tool the entire game.

KageRedux said:

April 13th, 8:21 am

I don’t see why Destiny two needs to be a thing. They should fix 1 first

vampris_Fangz said:

March 30th, 5:44 pm

Can’t Wait!

TetsuyaKenshi86 said:

March 30th, 5:53 pm

so… cross plataform?

KageRedux said:

April 13th, 8:21 am

Would be epic

ColonelOCorn said:

March 30th, 8:38 pm

Hey Deej – thanks for posting. Can’t wait to get into the Beta and see what’s new. Armor telemetry this go round? In game LFG? 60 FPS? Are you guys using an in-house engine this time or jumping to something like Decima?

As an aside, one thing I find with all of these pre-order versions is that it really and truly seems that digital buyers get shafted. There are discounts left and right on physical pre-orders, but to order something with no game box, no trinkets, no plastic – and pay full MSRP is just super frustrating. Even if you were to say that Destiny 1 players get a discount on digital copies would help.. I have to buy 3 copies for me and my boys. It’s not cheap. Thanks for listening! See you starside.

TWODEEEE said:

March 30th, 9:50 pm

….. really? Mgsv and mass effect took 5 years to make and they were both unfinished, you made a whole shooter/mmo sequel in less than 3 years? Looks like activision is making destiny another cod lol

whereymyconary said:

March 30th, 10:45 pm

Pre-order to get access to the open beta… that is open to the public… so basically, pre-order as well as everyone else there’s an open beta in the summer. But if you pre-order you can feel cool…. I’ll check out the open beta see if it’s changed from 1… and not feel cool doing it but sly like mr cooper.

SidNightwalker said:

March 30th, 11:38 pm

Ugh, more pathetic mediocrity that will be far more popular than it deserves. Play some Verdun people, it will do you some good.

Welmosca said:

March 31st, 12:00 am

Trailer was nice,Cayde made it cool ha but that hint about we losing our stuff is just another reason to avoid Destiny 2,guess like the 1st one I’ll only play if ma brother buys it.

Anyway looking forward to see gameplay.

And yay for that open-beta!!

KageRedux said:

April 13th, 8:24 am

I think losing our stuff is kind of ridiculous. Maybe the stuff in the vaults, but why all of our stuff? What about the armor and such we end the game with? Why can’t we keep that. Would make it interesting, and it should be do-able since it’s a multi-player game that focuses on customization as well

Welmosca said:

March 31st, 12:15 am

Also funny,me and ma brother we were talking once about how cool would be a DLC were the tower gets attacked…but you guys went to the city even.This is all really interesting and I really hope you guys touch in the Nine subject in the storyline and bring the Queen back.

KageRedux said:

April 13th, 8:25 am

Right? The queen was such an unfulfiled part of Destiny. Seriously would have been cool if you could work more with her, other than just going to the outer belt

gamercrizz said:

March 31st, 12:23 pm

I see the promise of loot, I’m all about that life.

joyrul96 said:

April 3rd, 12:08 pm

First Person Shooter in 2017.

60FPS or no buy.

Key_Mas_Cero said:

April 3rd, 6:03 pm

I can’t wait to play Destiny 2! These graphics look out of this world! I hope they revamp the weapons and ranking system though.

P.S. Thought I’d share this Original Code gaming tee with you guys