Knack 2

Mar 31

Mar 31

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 4/4/2017

The outrageous competitive shooter Drawn to Death launches on PS4, and it's free for PS Plus members.

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

Ripped from the mind of acclaimed director David Jaffe and torn from the pages of an unusually creative high school student comes Drawn to Death on PS4. And here’s a special bonus: it’s free for PS Plus members this April!

Drawn to Death puts crazy action and strategy to the fore, challenging players to shoot and brawl their way to the top of sketchbook arenas brimming with gore. Use an assortment of unique weapons and character-specific skills to deal out serious damage, and master the layout of each environment to trounce the opposition.

For a full list of new games coming to PlayStation next week, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

The Drop

New Releases: Week of April 4, 2017
PS4 — Digital, Retail

Air Conflicts Secret Wars

The arcade flight simulator Air Conflicts: Secret Wars takes you right into the heart of the action, with air combat at historical locations set in World War I and II. Take to the skies in seven exciting campaigns with a total of 49 missions.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

ArmaGallant Decks of Destiny

ArmaGallant: Decks of Destiny combines deckbuilding with real-time strategy, creating fast-paced 1v1 or 2v2 multiplayer arena battles. Learn and evolve the abilities of electrifying creatures and magical spells, forming powerful decks to unleash upon your enemies.

PS4 — Digital

Blackwood Crossing

Blackwood Crossing is a story-driven first-person adventure game. An intriguing and emotive tale exploring the fragile relationship between orphaned siblings Scarlett and Finn. When their paths cross with a mysterious figure, an ordinary train ride evolves into a magical story of life, love, and loss.

Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition
PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 4/7)

Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition

Step into the boots of Grayson Hunt after a crash landing on an old resort planet forces him to make a hard choice: survival or revenge. Execute masterful kills with Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition’s unique combat system that rewards you for performing the most creative and deadly kills imaginable.

PS4 — Digital (Free with PS Plus)

Drawn to Death

Drawn to Death is the latest title from acclaimed game developer David Jaffe (God of War, Twisted Metal). This competitive online multiplayer shooter provides deep gameplay mechanics by blending the nuance of a fighting game with the action of a competitive shooter.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Lego City Undercover

Join the Chase! In Lego City Undercover, play as Chase McCain, a police officer who’s been tasked with going undercover to hunt down the notorious — and recently escaped — criminal Rex Fury and putting an end to his city-wide crime wave.

PS VR — Digital

Mortal Blitz

Become Yuhei ex-F.O.R.C.E. (governmental elite soldiers), and fight in the mission to thwart the evil plans of the Dominion’s Teratoma Destruction Plan.

PS4 — Digital

PaRappa the Rapper

After 20 years since his debut, PaRappa the Rapper returns to PlayStation! Relive the original music game and join PaRappa on his quest to win the heart of Sunny Funny and learn from favorite rap masters like Chop Chop Master Onion, Instructor Mooselini, and Cheap Cheap The Cooking Chicken.

PS4, PS3 — Digital, Retail

Persona 5

The newest addition to the Persona series follows the actions of young phantom thieves. During the day, strengthen bonds with people as a high school student living your school life, and after school, become a phantom thief that wields the power of Persona to infiltrate the world within the hearts of evil adults! An unprecedented story of social reform begins!

PS4 — Digital

Plutobi

Plutobi (the nickname of Pluto) was kicked out of the planet list in 2006 and became a dwarf planet, because he is so small and weak. So he decided to become a planet again by showing his power to other planets in the solar system.

PS4 — Digital

Use Your Words

Grab a few friends and get ready to laugh. Use Your Words is the party game for funny people and their unfunny friends!

PS VR — Digital

Virry VR

Virry VR is the ultimate virtual safari. Head to the African savannah to play with wild animals in their natural habitats. Filmed on location in 4K VR, Virry takes you so close to real animals, you can practically feel their breath on your neck.

PlayStation Music Logo

PlayStation Video Logo

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Archer- April 5 at 10/9c (FXX)
  • Colony- April 6 at 10/9c (USA)
  • Crashing- April 9 at 10:30/9:30c (HBO)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

RISE_UP44 said:

March 31st, 2:03 pm

Another awesome week of PLayStation Store releases.

capitolc said:

March 31st, 2:17 pm

Look like this isn’t the week for Late Shift to release. Guess I’ll buy from the RE sale going on right now.

duke301 said:

March 31st, 2:18 pm

I still hold out hope that DragonQuest VIII will one day appear on here for PS4. So what do you bean counters over at Sony have to say about this?

cooltallt said:

March 31st, 2:34 pm

As do I. I really want to see more PS2 games ported to the PS4.

Torracat83 said:

April 1st, 3:38 pm

Got Dragon Quest VIII on 3DS recently, but totally agree.

cooltallt said:

March 31st, 2:25 pm

Yet another week without the elusive Ape Escape 3 port.

Axecution said:

March 31st, 7:15 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

glassmusic said:

March 31st, 2:26 pm

What a great week!!!

Definitely picking up Mortal Blitz and Virry VR. Use Your Words looks interesting as well. I might grab Blackwood Crossing while I’m at it.

I’ve never played a Persona game but I do own P4G on Vita so I’m going to start playing that soon to get pumped for P5!

Rainwater said:

April 1st, 7:09 am

Hope you enjoy P4G. It’s kind of a slow start, but try to stick with it. It’s probably my 2nd favorite game of all time and I chomping at the bit for P5.

Mercenary09 said:

March 31st, 2:30 pm

Man another crazy week. Persona 5 and PaRappa The Rapper Remastered are going to be great. Then there is Drawn to Death which is free for all of us Plus members. I’m also looking forward to Blackwood Crossing and Mortal Blitz VR.

ichigorocks999 said:

March 31st, 2:55 pm

How long must we wait for ape escape 3

Giga_Gaia said:

March 31st, 4:37 pm

Star Ocean 3 and Eternal Ring are the next ps2 games we’re getting, their trophy lists are already online. We just don’t know when they’re releasing, but since the trophies are up, it’s very likely in April.

quickfire123 said:

March 31st, 3:14 pm

Why isn’t Persona 5 the cover wallpaper you guys messed up again like you did not putting NieR as the cover awhile back.

CookieCuttinCook said:

March 31st, 4:21 pm

Do you know what a niche is?

danjin44 said:

March 31st, 5:24 pm

I think in this case Persona 5 is bigger than Drawn to Death. I bet u anything there are more people excited for Persona 5 thats Drawn to Death.

SebaMaks said:

March 31st, 10:21 pm

Persona 5 will most likely top April charts, but Drawn to Death is publiished by Sony, and they need to advertise their own games.

andremal said:

April 1st, 8:36 pm

I was going to post this same thing. I realize Jaffe has a long history with Playstation but Drawn to Death looks yawn inspiring at best. Persona 5 offers so much more content and is reviewing off of the charts. Truly it deserved the Cover Shot…

fatjoe400 said:

April 2nd, 2:49 am

Thought the same myself. Among niche games the Persona series has definitely carved a way into most peoples heart. Game deserves any kind of exposure to boost more sales (same with Nier Automata).

ksmooches said:

March 31st, 3:21 pm

Persona 5, nothing else matters.

Potter13579 said:

March 31st, 3:34 pm

So much great stuff this week for everyone. I’m personally picking up Drawn to Death and PaRappa the Rapper Remastered, but man, Persona 5’s gonna be huge and I even forgot about Lego City Undercover coming to PS4.

paulogy said:

March 31st, 3:54 pm

I can’t believe Drawn to Death is finally coming! Bring on that glorious, gorious, goodness :-)

SONIC_FREAK said:

March 31st, 4:34 pm

Woah looks like April is already starting off with a bang with Persona 5 and Parappa The Rapper Remastered being released and Drawn to Death being free this month for PS+

Giga_Gaia said:

March 31st, 4:35 pm

The game was trademarked and the english trophy list for Star Ocean Till the End of Time was leaked, so we all know it’s definitely happening, so why not just release it already?

PK_Haseo said:

March 31st, 5:56 pm

Where’s my “3-month of Playstation Plus’ Promotion code? Purchase the “1-year of Playstation Plus” on March 30 2017 an it said in the detail that i should get “3-month of Playstaion Plus” code via email? Check my email all mail & junk/spam an still nothing :/ Also check my current subscription (my subscription ends this May 5 2017) but after i bought the 1-year plan an it now says May 5 2018 for the next renew (that still 12 month)…Was the promotion for new subscribers or current members?

P.S.
Srry for the rant.

AizawaYuuichi said:

March 31st, 8:23 pm

I’d imagine that since the offer was good through today, that like most of these offers, the “reward code” will be sent out within two weeks, usually at the end of two weeks. They don’t do it immediately after you purchase it. Hope this helps.

StephenFossa said:

April 1st, 4:19 am

They might send you a notification on your system itself. That happened to me when they had the spend $100 get $10 promo a while back. You’ve got a year before you have to worry about it anyway! LOL

clupula668 said:

April 2nd, 3:39 am

Hmmm. I renewed my subscription on March 6th and got my code on March 7th. Maybe check your spam folders.

SOMAx1990 said:

March 31st, 6:46 pm

Who is choosing these terrible games for PS2?

Rapturesassassin said:

April 1st, 6:39 am

I would love to know what you think are great Ps2 for the Ps4?

Probably something boring like SOCOM

Elk_mistral said:

March 31st, 6:51 pm

Wondering why Canada did not get Wonder boy return … they probably forgot to add this game with canadian devise -_-

clupula668 said:

March 31st, 8:35 pm

It is very odd to not have Persona 5 as the picture for this article. Drawn to Death, even free, probably won’t get half the downloads that P5 will have.

SebaMaks said:

March 31st, 10:23 pm

Drawn to Death is published by Sony.

maltyler84 said:

March 31st, 10:19 pm

How is Drawn to Death the premiere game in this article when Persona 5 is obviously the most important game this week? Makes no sense.

SebaMaks said:

March 31st, 10:25 pm

Until you realize Drawn to Death is being published by Sony.

Gunslinger3000US said:

April 3rd, 6:23 pm

And is a ps plus game.

TeamGreen615 said:

March 31st, 11:17 pm

Still waiting for Rainbow Skies…

magicfan345 said:

April 3rd, 8:14 am

Me too! I loved Rainbow Moon :)

CMTATE1984 said:

April 1st, 1:52 am

Persona 5 is the only game that matters to me right now on the list this week, no disrespect to the other games. I have persona 1, 2, the other 2, and 3 on my psp which I still play. persona 3 fes, and persona 4 on ps2. persona 4 golden and dancing all night on ps vita. and persona q on my nintendo ds.( I know blasphemy on a playstation blog). I really like persona. so I am kinda excited. When I say kinda excited I mean really really excited.

Tatanka2007 said:

April 1st, 2:17 am

@CMTATE1984, I feel the same way, only I haven’t played Persona Q. I couldn’t justify the DS for one game. You left out Persona 4 Arena and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, a great continuation of the Persona 4 story through the epic story modes. The anime for Persona 4 is awesome. P4G anime is good too. Gosh, only a few days now….

Tatanka2007 said:

April 1st, 2:08 am

I’m so excited that Persona 5 FINALLY releases next week that I’ll overlook the lazy abandonment of Store Updates this week.

I’m going in blind this time. I usually don’t mind spoilers, but I’ve steered clear of them for Persona 5. I did look at the trailers…and glance at the reviews.

I couldn’t help but notice that the headlines for the many Persona 5 reviews didn’t quite reach the same level (of abysmal failure) as Mass Effect Andromeda. The animations in P5 definitely don’t compare to MEA. Thankfully Persona 5 will also not match last year’s meteoric disintegration of another franchise that also had its fifth iteration, Star Ocean. All kidding aside, everyone seem to be loving Persona 5. That might even be a serious understatement. Further, since we are getting essentially a localized version of the long completed Japanese release, Persona 5 should be bug-free.

I think I can safely say that you don’t need any prior Persona experience to enjoy Persona 5. It’s a new cast with a new story. This is definitely a good year for Playstation. First, we get Horizon Zero Dawn and now another exclusive masterpiece, Persona 5, awaits us.

Rapturesassassin said:

April 1st, 6:29 am

@Tatanka2007

This cant be its a first. Finally a comment from you that Isn’t complaining about something its a miracle.

OnionKnight11 said:

April 1st, 5:28 am

Is it true that you can’t use the Share Button on Persona 5?

tony2077 said:

April 1st, 11:29 am

yes it sounds like a temp thing to help avoid spoilers

Tjoeb123 said:

April 1st, 4:29 pm

@tony2077
    Not temporary – permanent.

Welmosca said:

April 2nd, 1:46 am

Not gonna play Persona anytime soon but wow that sucks badly…would really hate to have a game that doesn’t allow the use of Share.I already get mad on a game that blocks some scenes from Share let alone the whole game.I get that they don’t want spoilers to get out but that’s just lamentable.

Rapturesassassin said:

April 1st, 6:36 am

I just realized im interested in two remasters this week smh oh well.

PaRappa The Rapper Remastered (Pre-ordered and cant wait for it)
Bulletstorm remastered just for the ****s and giggles
Black Woods Crossing looks interesting so i’ll grab that
And last but not least Drawn to death since its free i might as well give it a chance.

TwoLiterSoda said:

April 1st, 12:38 pm

Bleh bad PS+ games and just mediocre releases this month aside from Persona 5. Not much to see this month on the vPS4 front.

Ax_Man17 said:

April 1st, 1:11 pm

Anybody else having sign in problems since the new update? Sometimes it allows me to sign in then days pass by before i can sign in again

Sixclient said:

April 3rd, 4:25 pm

Its probably your internet, Might want to give your router and modem a good power cycle to make sure its not that.

Ax_Man17 said:

April 6th, 1:42 am

But then I’ll get signed in for a few days then back offline for a few days. I don’t know what’s going on, ever since the update

Torracat83 said:

April 1st, 3:39 pm

Getting PaRappa and possibly LEGO City Undercover.

As for the PS2 on PS4, I got something I really desired last week, so it’s enough for now.

Tjoeb123 said:

April 1st, 4:30 pm

Nice April Fool’s joke, making Drawn to Death the cover game this week instead of the MEGA-HUGE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM OHMYGODICAN’TBELIEVEITSACTUALLYHERE….Persona 5.

nikki_boagreis said:

April 1st, 7:07 pm

Pretty sure it’s not a temporary thang for Persona 5 with the share button, although it’s for spoilers it’s most like because of copyright laws and copyright infringement with streaming services. Games like wwe and dbz have no music during streams, wwe you hear no music during entrances only the streamer hears it.

Sames with Tales of Berseria and other Tales Of games, no streaming or uploading screen shots unless in an area that says “Gameplay recording resumed” You can’t upload screen shots in Community Features except from specific areas of Tales Of Berseria. Im assuming P5 will be about the same in terms of the share button. Some devs are strict about streaming services and/or spoilers.

Not sure about P5 but Tales Of Berseria you can’t even stream because everything including trophy images are blocked.

Tjoeb123 said:

April 1st, 10:08 pm

No. Atlus themselves already said that it’s not temporary and will remain in effect after launch. And it’s to prevent spoilers from getting out.

Seluhir said:

April 2nd, 3:34 pm

Oh it’s definitely not a temporary thing… but it’s a huge mistake. It basically has no impact on 99% of streamers, since most streamers use capture cards which allow them to stream whatever, and since I’ve already seen P5 streams it’s definitely not going to be restricted from streaming in general. All it does is prevent people from sharing the hype with their friends.

Fortunately Tales and Persona have large enough followings for that not to be a huge issue, but it really is a stupid decision.

Ah well, once I’m done Nier I’ll be streaming P5 :)

nikki_boagreis said:

April 1st, 11:46 pm

4th word first paragraph “Not” as in not temporary, also i stated it’s for preventing spoilers and ..

Welmosca said:

April 2nd, 1:42 am

Hoou Persona 5 will release for PS3 as well?…that’s really cool,gotta love jap devs for their support.

Plutobi…ha how interesting and cool,never thought someone would use that as a concept for a game.

And…Virry VR looks really interesting.

Figboy said:

April 2nd, 3:09 am

Some great stuff coming this week!

But like always, I will say: More PS2 Classics, please!

My short, but long list:

Ape Escape 3
Persona 3 and 4
Shin Megami Tensei series (ALL OF THEM; well, all of the PS2 ones…)
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness
Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance 1 and 2
Champions of Norrath
Champions: Return to Arms

And probably a dozen more, but I’d love you forever if you could get these on the PS4! Me and my wife would play Baldur’s Gate and the Champions games for hours, but sadly, my BC PS3’s disc drive broke, so I can’t play the discs anymore! More PS2 Classics!! /begging

ElektroDragon said:

April 2nd, 8:54 pm

Now that you’re charging me 10.3% sales tax, I won’t be buying anything. Thank Sony.

magicfan345 said:

April 3rd, 8:11 am

Hi, I would like to see a good Card-Battle type game come to PS4, such as Magic the Gathering, or Hearthstone, or Plants vs Zombies Heroes. I spent many hours playing Magic the Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers on PS3, but haven’t seen it on PS4 yet. The ArmaGallant: Decks of Destiny game looks interesting, but it doesn’t seem to be a card-battle game only.
Hopefully Sony or any of the other developers out there can bring Magic the Gathering, Hearthstone, or Plants vs Zombies Heroes to the PS4 sometime soon. Thanks!

boxmyth said:

April 3rd, 10:29 am

I actually managed to finish Yakuza 0 just in time for Persona 5. Japanese game developers are killin’ it this year.

TheHerbinator75 said:

April 3rd, 11:15 am

Persona 5 on PS4 for me this week.

watchdog1987 said:

April 3rd, 6:17 pm

I know this will never happen but I hope to see Silent Hills just randomly pop up on PSN as a surprise someday. It’s sad to see one of my favorite franchises of all time just die out the way it has. Konami claims to have interest in continuing the series but I highly doubt we’ll ever see a new entry. After Silent Hill 4, the franchise went downhill dramatically. It just hasn’t felt the same and the recent stories/characters have lacked the depth of 1-4. I’ve been playing RE7 lately, even got a chance to try it out in VR and I can’t help but wonder what kind of beautiful nightmare Silent Hills could’ve been. It’s all good though, I’m looking forward to checking out Outlast 2 and Agony for my horror fix :)

Gunslinger3000US said:

April 3rd, 6:21 pm

Why can’t I find a preorder or any listing at all for Lego City on the PlayStation store?

matdub69 said:

April 3rd, 7:09 pm

Persona 5!!! I haven’t been this excited about a movie or a game since the phantom menace came out. We know how that turned out. Fortunately as far as i can tell there is no Jar jar.

Jay-Matrix said:

April 4th, 1:59 am

Don’t spend your money on Parappa Remastered if you’re still about to. The game has the same old latency issues and the fourth stage is practically unplayable. Not expecting a patch to fix that, because this is something that should’ve been worked-out before the game was even released.

Wish Sony would either test the crap out of all the games they are releasing or offer refunds, because this is just a bummer (and waste of my money).

dailydryerase said:

April 4th, 4:40 am

No Vita games this week:(. A sad day in Muppet sports;(

Shinop said:

April 4th, 4:51 am

About to get Persona 5 for PS3. The game is supposed to have dual audio (English and Japanese) on PS3 and 4. I see the Japanese audio download for PS4, but nothing for PS3. Is it on the way?

DragonessHera said:

April 4th, 5:53 am

I find it strange that a shovelware game named “Deer Simulator” was released today on PS4 as well, and you don’t seem to mention it here in the New Release section. Is there any particular reason that Sony is allowing such poorly made mobile games like Deer Simulator and Life of Black Tiger be released on your flagship console? If you’re trying to hide the fact these games are being released on your console, then why allow them in the first place?

rjejr said:

April 4th, 7:43 am

Drawn to Death
PS4 — Digital (Free with PS Plus)

So, semantics about PS+ not being “Free” since you have to pay for PS+, is the game available to purchase for non-PS+ PS4 owners? If it isn’t, why not more accurately say “PS+ Exclusive”?