Horizon Zero Dawn

Apr 06

Apr 06

Eve: Valkyrie “Groundrush” Update Adds New Map, Enhances Co-Op, More

Major free update takes the fight to the surface of a planet, featuring new Solitude map and a host of gameplay improvements.

Andrew Willans's Avatar Posted by Lead Game Designer, CCP Games

Hey pilots! We’ve got an update for all our PlayStation VR top guns and fresh-faced recruits out there. It’s always a pleasure to introduce new content, especially as thanks to the all the support we’re receiving from our vibrant PlayStation community. It’s a joy to fly alongside you… even when you’re blasting me into a thousand pieces. ;-) Anyway, on to the good stuff!

Groundrush is our next free game update for Eve: Valkyrie, and it’s launching on PlayStation VR Tuesday, April 11.

With every update, we try to push Eve: Valkyrie’s gameplay in new and exciting directions. As part of the Groundrush update you will gain access to our stunning new map, Solitude. This is a radical departure from the battlefields of open space as the action is set against the backdrop of our first combat zone located on a planet’s surface. We’re excited to see how pilots adapt their techniques to capitalize on all the new hazards (and opportunities) that come with this new environment.

EVE Valkyrie Groundrush

You’ll also find even weirder and wilder new gameplay in our next round of weekend Wormholes! We’ve added a ton of new content, from twisted locations to exotic mechanics there’s lots to be discovered. We eagerly await reading tales of your adventures in wormhole space on our forums.

Our Co-Op mode has now been expanded to include both Control and Carrier Assault game modes. This player versus AI only playlist is the perfect place for pilots looking for a challenge with other pilots, rather than against them. No matter which mode you select, all XP progression and rewards are the same. You play the game how you want to, and be rewarded for it. Squads welcome!

Also new for this update is our avatar animation feature. Aside from making our virtual world a far more believable and realistic place, the animations will help pilots celebrate a victory or commiserate a defeat.

EVE Valkyrie GroundrushEVE Valkyrie Groundrush

Accessibility and usability have both been focal points during the development of Valkyrie, so we are pleased to announce that English subtitles will be available as part of this new game update.

On top of all these new additions, we’ve been making further changes to our Valkyrie League Alpha, improving our Training modules, tweaking our multiplayer playlists and fixing many bug and stability issues to ensure we deliver the best possible experience for all our pilots.

I’m incredibly excited to be revealing this info to our amazing PS VR community first, and I’m looking forward to hearing your feedback and reactions on our forums, so drop by and join the discussion. We’d love to hear from you.

What are you waiting for? Light ‘em up and let’s get out there!

Add Your Own

Blackballhog said:

April 6th, 7:43 am

One of my favorite VR games! Thanks for the free update!

Andrew Willans's Avatar

Andrew Willans said:

April 6th, 12:13 pm

You are more than welcome :)

selfdeztruction said:

April 6th, 8:26 am

You want my $30?!?! You really freaking wait it don’t ya?! WELL YALL CAN GO F….(buys game, downloading now!)

Andrew Willans's Avatar

Andrew Willans said:

April 6th, 12:14 pm

Welcome to the rank of the Valkyrie (when your download completes), may your aim be true and your missiles deadly!

InfiniteStates said:

April 6th, 10:11 am

This game is what made me buy PSVR and I would totally do it again.

Finally the next generation of gaming is here…

Looking forward to this update!

Andrew Willans's Avatar

Andrew Willans said:

April 6th, 12:17 pm

..and we look forward to flying with you in the snow capped mountains of Solitude.

BanzaiHeil said:

April 6th, 10:44 am

Really fun game, but unfortunately I got super motion sick as whenever I played it. Last time in particular, haven’t even played my VR since. Hate it (the motion sickness) since it’s basically my dream, to be a space-fighter pilot. Glad to see it’s getting more content for everyone else, though! Have fun!

Valisk said:

April 6th, 2:16 pm

Thanks for expanding co-op, and I hope you prioritize it more. I like the game, but am not very good at it, so co-op is usually a lot more fun than getting farmed by players.

ViCe-_-KaRTeL said:

April 6th, 3:04 pm

When are you guys gonna support esports and provide custom/private matches so people can host tournaments?
Golden opportunity here to have an esports vr league/tournaments. Dont let this be another missed opportunity like dust

dieselrd said:

April 6th, 4:20 pm

I’m considering buying this with the price drop. I’m real hope is we get a coop campaign in the future. I’d pay $60 for that sort of add on. They already have the basics in place.

selfdeztruction said:

April 6th, 5:35 pm

I have EVE Gunjack and the digital version of EVE Valkyrie. It’d be cool if Gunjack was accessible from within EVE Valkyrie’s main menu because that would negate having to go back and forth between both games and it’d streamline things.

insano_jaco said:

April 6th, 6:08 pm

I just bought Valkyrie in the sale, I was waiting for more content, I think it’s time!

Blazer270Win said:

April 6th, 6:53 pm

CCP,

Great job delivering the definitive VR experience out of the gates with Valkyrie!!!! Your continued commitment to the Eve Valkyrie community by providing, yet again, free content addition

XGP_RYU said:

April 6th, 11:18 pm

This game is a masterpiece. The only PSVR game that I can play for hours and hours on end. Havn’t been on in a while but Im eager to get back to it.

FIREKNIGHT2029 said:

April 7th, 12:56 am

Thanks for this update guys! This is my fav VR game.

sekan01 said:

April 7th, 3:51 pm

Recharge those capacitors piolets, this is going to be one hell of a flight!!
CCP Rules!!
Best VR experience!!

PASTE-POT-PETE said:

April 10th, 7:04 pm

Cool. Maybe I can get the office to grab a copy.