Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Apr 13

Apr 13

PlayStation Store: March’s Top Downloads

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands was the most-downloded PS4 game last month.

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Welcome back! Here are the PlayStation Store charts for March 2017.

Last month, Ubisoft’s multiplayer sandbox Ghost Recon Wildlands snagged the top spot on the PS4 list. Guerrilla’s acclaimed Horizon Zero Dawn stuck around near the top in the runner-up spot, followed by a strong debut for the long-awaited Mass Effect: Andromeda, and San Diego Studio proved they’ve still got it with a #4 spot for MLB The Show 17.

What are your predictions for April?

PS4 Games
8 Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy
9 Destroy All Humans! 2
10 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Add Your Own

gohan16ken said:

April 13th, 7:31 am

I would love to see a most played list.

Trendy_Kid said:

April 13th, 7:46 am

I would love to see a Store Update on Tuesdays.

NextGenGamer2008 said:

April 13th, 7:56 am

This!!! Never even thought of this before!!! I don’t see how it could be a big privacy concern either – obviously the data would be represented as anonymous and collective. But yeah, so long as you are signed into PSN (which is probably 95+% of PS4 owners), Sony would know which games or apps you are using. a A top 20 Most Played Games and a Top 20 Most Used Apps list would be amazing!!!

cusman said:

April 13th, 9:32 am

Steam has such stats, even Nintendo Wii and WiiU had hours played metric. Pretty sure Sony and Microsoft have such stats, but they don’t make them available to the users like they do the Trophy / Achievement / Game List type stuff.

Hopefully one day Sony will understand, time played is more meaningful to players than Trophy % when looking into player profiles.

Fire_Crazed said:

April 13th, 10:50 am

@Cusman They Do Have Hours played, It appears in ones email sent to them Titled “(PSN Name), here’s your PlayStation weekly update” It is on the top of the email every week!

Kid_Fleetfoot said:

April 13th, 7:58 pm

MLB THE SHOW 17 has an hours played for their DYNASTY option. But that’s between me and SONY (maybe Santa Monica too). It would be interesting to see how many hours users as a whole play a game but for privacy reasons not individuals to public.

kendricksbreyer said:

April 14th, 7:16 am

I currently gain in the span of 6000-8000 bucks on monthly basis with my internet task. Everyone eager to work easy online tasks for some h every day from your house and gain solid income for doing it… Then this work is for you… Trends88.com

solace357 said:

April 13th, 7:58 am

Top pierogi podcast on the internet.

CrusaderForever said:

April 13th, 8:35 am

Just shows how important COOP is to gamers. We need more COOP games. Glad to see Horizon Zero Dawn in 2nd at least. What a truly phenomenal game. I really loved everything about it especially the story and game play. Do I need to mention the graphics…….mind blown!

cusman said:

April 13th, 9:34 am

I don’t think coop is the reason. Wildlands came out earlier and I think more people opted to buy the physical copy of Horizon than Wildlands. Overall Horizon outsold Wildlands. These are just PSN store digital purchase based rankings.

cusman said:

April 13th, 9:35 am

If coop was such a strong factor, we would still see Helldivers in the list like we do Rocket League right? I mean two really great games, but one is coop, and the other is competitive.

Seluhir said:

April 14th, 10:56 am

Horizon was fairly reasonably placed on February’s list despite having only one day’s worth of sales. However, all of those day 1 sales DON’T count towards March’s sales and yet it was still second. There’s your real reason.

GrieverLion-23 said:

April 13th, 8:43 am

On a totally unrelated note, I sometimes wonder why Playstation sales are so lackluster these days. When i first left off Xbox and joined Playstation i was amazed at the amount of great sales and Playstation Plus free content that I had access to, now it seems as though the experience has changed greatly. While other consoles are able to take advantage of great sales, especially when holidays throughout the year come around, Playstation sales are either the same content over and over or no content at all. This Week’s sales was the worse by far, so while other consoles benefit from great sales this weekend, there isn’t much for Playstation users. I also noticed that Playstation never has sales on their bigger exclusive titles (I don’t think I have ever seen an Uncharted 4 sale since the game launched early last year). Its sad to see a once great experience turn so sour which has contributed to my leaving Playstation Plus, but such is life I guess. Here’s hoping the future holds a brighter Playstation experience….

Rapturesassassin said:

April 13th, 8:51 am

And thats why you keep PlayStation Plus its not about the “free” games. Its about the game sale.

GrieverLion-23 said:

April 13th, 9:01 am

I feel as thought the Playstation Plus content isn’t exactly great, you may be speaking about price, but the point i’m making is that there are barely any original sales, its the same content over and over or no content at all, there’s barely any “Wow” factor seen. I’ve been there for awhile but nothing really stands out to me. I mean, have you seen some of the other sales that other consoles are offering? And I don’t just mean the PC platform. I’m hoping there’s a step up in the future.

Amela1511 said:

April 13th, 9:33 am

Rapturesassassin According to this Sony shows more and more disrespect to own players and subscribers. Put the PS Plus free games aside (which are a joke), but Weekly sales or thematic sales are disaster, especially for US Store. For example, look forward to Easter, we got the Elder Scrolls sale for some online version. Other PS stores at same time gives their subscribers a lot good games on discounts. What happening? I left extra cash for sales in 2017, but I purchased just two games in four months. I’m not that rich to buy every new game for 59.99$, so I desperately waiting US store sales, but I’m disappointed because everything about PS Plus subscribe.

dlm1982 said:

April 13th, 10:39 am

Where is the spring sale or easter sale?
This week was sucks.

DawningWolf55 said:

April 13th, 12:27 pm

To all you people complaining about the “no sale this week”, are you forgetting the Flash sale will be this weekend?

Tatanka2007 said:

April 13th, 2:06 pm

@DawningWolf55, Yes, I think you are definitely right about that. The sales this week are absolute garbage, so let’s hope that we get a big Easter sale (like European/UK gamers got this week).

RadicalEnigma said:

April 13th, 11:59 am

Disappointed to see NieR wasn’t higher on the list. It’s a great game. :(

GrieverLion-23 said:

April 13th, 12:17 pm

You know what the hardest thing is? Playstation Europe and UK has an Easter Sale on now and it has a wide range of titles to choose from, but Playstation US: We get what we always wanted: A Elder Scrolls Online “Sale”. As usual, the US Region loses out and are forced to swallow a sub par sale.

Tatanka2007 said:

April 14th, 9:47 am

@GrieverLion-23, I agree with you, but they did add a flash sale at noon EST. So far, not even a banner for it It’s definitely a horrible, horrible flash sale.

Tatanka2007 said:

April 13th, 2:03 pm

Surprised to see Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands ahead of HZD. Say it ain’t so.

Also surprised to see Mess Effect Andromeda on the list. People should wait until they release a patched/final version. I love the original trilogy–played complete runs of every version (except wiiu). Even with patch 1.05, it’s still a mess. And no amount of patches will ever fix the pedestrian writing. I’d rather wait for the game to be finished before I commit my time to it. Plus, by then, it will considerably cheaper too.

Awesome to see P4G still on the Vita’s list. If anyone is entranced by Persona 5 AND hasn’t played P4G, do yourself a favor: buy a PSTV (50 bucks on Amazon) and play it on the big screen. Plus, you’ll have access to a few other Vita exclusive greats.

zrhs63 said:

April 14th, 9:35 am

Are the Spider-Man and TMNT games going to be relisted with the upcoming movie? Shame to see them Dirt games and DLC and Shaun White games removed. I really wish someone at Sony could give us a heads up and let us know in a blog post when games will be delisted so we can buy them before they are gone for good. It would even increase the profits.

Seluhir said:

April 14th, 10:53 am

Sad to see Nier so low. That was a phenomenal game that deserves more attention.

Welmosca said:

April 16th, 12:26 am

I’m not saying Ghost Recon didn’t deserved cuz its an amazing game and it deserves to sell but Horizon should be on that 1st spot,just hope that like me most people got it physical rather than digital.

PlayrWun said:

April 19th, 7:34 pm

Wildlands is runnin’ things until Middle Earth drops..is my prediction.