Knack 2

Apr 14

Apr 14

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 4/18/2017

Motorcycles, murder, and mayhem. A classic adventure returns Tuesday with Full Throttle Remastered from Double Fine Productions.

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

“When you wake up in a pile of trouble, there’s only one way out. And it usually starts with a lot of punching.” Full Throttle Remastered rolls onto PlayStation this Tuesday.

Originally released in 1995 by renowned designer Tim Schafer, Full Throttle Remastered features the same gritty story of biker Ben Throttle, but with all-new art and a remastered score. But if you’re feeling especially nostalgic, you can mix and match the original visuals and audio however you’d like, so both newcomers and old fans will feel right at home.

For the full list of new games coming to PlayStation, read on. And enjoy the Drop!

The Drop

New Releases: Week of April 18, 2017
PS4 — Digital (Out 4/20)

ACA NeoGeo Art of Fighting

Art of Fighting is a fighting game released by SNK in 1992. Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia fight against numerous enemies to to free Yuri Sakazaki who was kidnaped by a mysterious person.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

ATV Renegades

Prepare yourself for extreme air and jaw-dropping showmanship in this nitro-charged, ATV racing experience! Travel the world visiting tracks in the USA, Thailand, England, Russia, Canada, and Mexico. Speed around 24 challenging courses hitting epic jumps and earning “Nitro” by unleashing dozens of wild tricks.

PS VR — Digital (Out 4/19)

Bandit Six: Combined Arms

Grab your VR headset and man the tail guns of a World War II bomber fending off swarms of attacking fighters, then be thrust into the heart of war, defending key positions against waves of incoming enemy forces.

Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition
PS4 — Retail (Out 4/21)

Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition

Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition delivers the complete Dark Souls III experience and includes the full game and all season pass content — Ashes of Ariandel and The Ringed City DLC expansions. As fires fade and the world falls into ruin, prepare yourself once more to Embrace The Darkness!

Deemo: The Last Recital
PS Vita — Digital

Deemo: The Last Recital

The release date has been updated.

PS4 — Digital

Disney Afternoon Collection

Starring a cast of beloved Disney characters, The Disney Afternoon Collection takes you back to a golden era of gaming and afternoons filled with adventure. Hunt for treasure around the globe as Scrooge McDuck, fight crime as the hero Darkwing Duck, take to the skies as ace pilot Baloo the bear, and enjoy co-op as Chip and Dale to take down Fat Cat.

PS4 — Digital

Flinthook

Live the life of space captain Flinthook! Armed with your mighty hookshot, your uncanny slow-motion powers, and your trusty blasma pistol, plunder and fight your way through an infinite variety of randomly-assembled spaceships for treasure, loot, and fame!

PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Full Throttle Remastered

Released by LucasArts in 1995, Full Throttle is a classic graphic adventure game from industry legend Tim Schafer, telling the story of Ben Throttle, the butt-kicking leader of biker gang the Polecats who gets caught up in a tale of motorcycles, mayhem, and murder.

PS VR — Digital

HeroCade

Prepare yourself to enter the awe-inspiring world of virtual reality with HeroCade, the ultimate gaming bundle. HeroCade is a compilation of nine experiences that includes two award-winning titles available for the first time on PlayStation: Dreadhalls and Sisters.

PS4 — Digital

Late Shift

Late Shift is a high stakes FMV crime thriller. Forced into a brutal London heist, you must choose your own adventure in this interactive cinematic experience with adaptable storylines that lead to one of seven conclusions. Your decisions are you.

PS4 — Digital (Episode 1 and Season Pass)

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series delivers a brand new story of the universe’s unlikeliest heroes, the rag-tag band of outlaws who go by the names Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot. In the wake of an epic battle, the Guardians discover an artifact of unspeakable power.

PS4 — Digital

MechRunner

MechRunner is an endless action game that casts you as a powerful mech in stunning cinematic battles against a relentless robotic army.

PS4 — Digital

Rise & Shine

Welcome to Gamearth, a once peaceful planet now threatened by the warmongering Space grunts of Nexgen. In the aftermath of their devastating first strike, a child named Rise is forced to take on the sacred gun Shine — and with it the fate of his world.

PS4 — Digital

Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom

Shiness is an action-RPG that takes you on a journey across a universe on the verge of collapse. After crash-landing on a hostile island, you find yourself in a conflict spanning multiple kingdoms. Face off against dangerous enemies in hyper-dynamic fights, mixing magic with traditional fighting game mechanics. Gain experience to evolve your characters, learning exciting new skills and spells.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Silver Case

For the first time ever, dive into the HD-remastered PS4 version of Suda51’s classic visual novel. Experience The Silver Case the way it was meant to be by immersing yourself in the intricate story and uncovering the truth, piece by piece.

PS4 — Digital

Spear of Destiny

This fantastic ancient world has been Invaded by powerful enemies who rule in the dark. Several centuries have passed since Light’s Lords defeated them with the spear of destiny.

PS VR — Digital

VR Invaders

Dive into a story-driven sci-fi shooter that pushes your PS VR hardware to its limits.Blow your enemies to pieces in frenzied shooter action. Leave a trail of destruction as you turn each of the highly detailed levels into a virtual scrapyard.

PS4 — Digital

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap

Boasting beautiful, hand-drawn animations and a re-orchestrated soundtrack, the cult classic returns with a unique blend of exploration, action, and adventure!

PlayStation Music Logo

PlayStation Video Logo

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Team Ninja Warrior- April 18 at 10/9c (USA)
  • Mysteries of the Abandoned- April 20 at 10/9c (Science Channel)
  • Feud: Bette and Joan- April 23 at 10/9c (FX)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

Rapturesassassin said:

April 14th, 2:16 pm

Look like another backlog week. Nothing that i really want and if i did want any games i could also get them on Xbox 1.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

April 14th, 3:11 pm

will someone cry on the blog next week. tune in next time to blogpost z.

XxKyubi_kunxX said:

April 14th, 3:47 pm

We get it, you like Xbox, just go play it already.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

April 14th, 4:02 pm

Hit a nerve on the kid with a joke. Amazing.

larshar6 said:

April 18th, 12:39 am

I get all my games on ps4 and the ones not on playstation I get on xbox–but sony will always get my money– but looks like a decent week I want to play wonderboy just because its remade for todays graphics and the older versions aren’t so glamorous anymore

RiseUp448 said:

April 14th, 2:23 pm

VR Invaders looks very interesting and I actually want to play the Disney Afternoon collection. Happy that the streak continues..

RISE_UP44 said:

April 14th, 2:28 pm

Hey Cuz glad to see you on here.. I 100% agree

Carlytto said:

April 14th, 2:38 pm

Dammit guys, too many that I want. But with Guardians already preordered, I maybe might not touch some of the other ones. Maybe.

They would have to sit in my library cause dont have much space left on system.

Aero_Guardian17 said:

April 14th, 3:18 pm

Looking forward to Flinthook, the first episode of Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series, and Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap this week! :D

Parasitepaladin said:

April 14th, 3:32 pm

Damn. This is a busy week. Not a lot of big games, but a ton of smaller games. Too many to choose from! Great stuff!

PrometheusUFO said:

April 14th, 3:34 pm

I cannot wait for Late Shift. Kinda stinks we in the US didn’t get a pre-order option like those in the UK. Here’s hoping for that sweet PS Plus discount though. :D

PrometheusUFO said:

April 14th, 5:15 pm

Oh, and PLEASE bring over to the US the Night Sky Dynamic Theme that’s free for PS Plus in Japan & HK. I want it badly. lol. :p

NAMEK said:

April 14th, 7:00 pm

Already pre-ordered Full Throttle. Ready for a nostalgia trip down memory lane.

Kishnabe said:

April 14th, 7:49 pm

Apr 4: Persona 5

Apr 11: Cosmic Star Heroine

Apr 18: Shiness

JRPG lovers wallets getting merked each week.

This week has some amazing games:

Full Throttle: Been waiting for this one. Enjoyed Broken Age, Grim Fandango, and Day of T.

Deemo: Plenty wanted to import, great of PM Studios to bring it here. Will wait for Physical version.

Late Shift: FMV games are a guilty pleasure. Another one since the Bunker.

Flinthook: Loves very fun from seeing the streams of it. Very Skilled Platformer.

Shiness: Game of the week for me. Gives me Ni No Kuni meets YuYuHakusho vibes.

The Silver Case: Great to see it here. Never thought the west would see it.

Wonderboy: Enjoyed the earlier games in the series.

Not sure about the rest.

Kishnabe said:

April 14th, 7:49 pm

Apr 4: Persona 5

Apr 11: Cosmic Star Heroine

Apr 18: Shiness

JRPG lovers wallets getting merked each week.

This week has some amazing games:

Late Shift: FMV games are a guilty pleasure. Another one since the Bunker.

Shiness: Game of the week for me. Gives me Ni No Kuni meets YuYuHakusho vibes.

The Silver Case: Great to see it here. Never thought the west would see it.

Wonderboy: Enjoyed the earlier games in the series.

Not sure about the rest.

Torracat83 said:

April 14th, 8:41 pm

Disney Afternoon and maybe Wonder Boy for me.

Laliluleilo said:

April 15th, 4:14 am

Agh, my wallet! Already had pre-ordered The Disney Afternoon Collection, but had no idea a lot of this other stuff comes out this week. I want Late Shift because it rinds me of Fox Hunt on PS1, by Capcom (It had a dude who eventually became a regular cast member on MadTV!), Rise & Shine, and Shiness. I’ll have to check out what the games below them on the list are about, but Iight be spending too much money on this drop. This is actually the biggest release list for me in a long time, ever since I started checking The Drop, maybe a couple years now…? This is a great week, so far. ~♡

Laliluleilo said:

April 15th, 5:27 am

Oh, and I’ve been waiting on both Wonderboy AND Monster Boy for forever. I’ve been so excited to see Monster Boy since it was originally going to be Flying Hamster 2, but when they changed things up, I didn’t mind so much because it STILL looks great. So many games, so little time. T_T

BretBaber said:

April 15th, 4:41 am

I keep hoping that Final Fantasy IX remastered will show up. I’ll never stop believing…

Tatanka2007 said:

April 15th, 7:11 am

Got GotG pre-ordered, but more hyped for the movie than the game.

Good thing I preordered ‘cos I wonder how anybody is going to buy something this week. I mean we are all so broke from this week’s awesome weekly deals that were somehow dwarfed by the awesome Flash Sale this weekend! Sony loves their Easter sales!

Sarcasm aside, no wonder they don’t do store updates anymore. Too embarrassed I guess from the truly PATHETIC sales we get in the U.S.

YorlecmNwahs said:

April 15th, 7:33 am

I just watched the trailer for Late Shift. Looks amazing. Reminds me of the cinematic games of the NeoGeo/SegaCD era. Very nice!

White_JackaL said:

April 15th, 8:10 am

About 3 of these caught my eye. Here’s hoping I can get some soon.

RaidenReturns said:

April 15th, 8:41 am

I was considering Shiness but then I remembered I hate furries

Welmosca said:

April 16th, 1:45 am

WTF?????

viceforce said:

April 15th, 9:28 am

That is a ton of games. Small but a lot. Can’t wait for Full Throttle Remastered may checkout Mech Runner

JinZer069 said:

April 15th, 9:42 am

Was MechRunner canceled for PS Vita?

AgentX said:

April 15th, 10:59 am

Looks like a solid week of releases for PlayStation gamers. I’ve already got my preorder down on Full Throttle Remastered.

funkypoot said:

April 15th, 11:44 am

I know it has nothing to do with next week but can anybody tell me how to download Elder Scrolls online? Every time I try it say corrupted data. I have more than enough space.

Band2eto said:

April 16th, 1:22 am

Either rebuild your system’s database, or backup everything on your PS4, format the drive and try installing again.

nextleveltaken said:

April 15th, 8:11 pm

I wish Disney Afternoon Collection was also supported on Vita.

Band2eto said:

April 16th, 1:21 am

Whoa, settle down Sony/Playstation – there is only so much money I have!
I want about 6 games on that list, sheeeesh!

Welmosca said:

April 16th, 1:49 am

Shiness and Wonderboy looks good…also that Dark Souls cover is pretty awesome.

PS:Might want to avoid writing just the synopsis of the story in some games in The Drop and focus on always telling the genre…just saying that that could make it much better.For such games it’s much more important what the gameplay is like than the story which in most is just an excuse for the game to exist.

Champ78 said:

April 16th, 2:55 pm

Full Throttle was one of my favorite point and click adventures from the LucasArts collection. Thank you for releasing it, I look forward to going thru it again. With Monkey Island and Full Throttle out, please consider releasing a console version of The DIG. That one was beautiful, moving, and an incredible experience. For these youngin’s who haven’t played it their minds will be blown.

capitolc said:

April 17th, 9:29 am

back from vacation and just in time for Late Shift. I’m going to try this interaction movie cause I have just enough left in my psn wallet. I hope it’s good!

bkg420666 said:

April 18th, 10:26 am

Full throttle sucked 22 years ago guess what it still sucks

watchdog1987 said:

April 18th, 5:20 pm

Not sure what’s going on but the only update I’ve seen all day is “Gold” and “A Dog’s Purpose”. I’m on the west coast; normally I see PSN refresh games/movies by now but it’s 5:20pm and I’m not seeing or even being able to search for most of what’s on the list for this drop.

ZombieSacrifice said:

April 19th, 12:15 pm

Could you please add prices to the listings on The Drop? Even if it’s just in USD so we can get an idea of what these titles are going for.

Cloudclone24 said:

April 19th, 5:38 pm

You guys forgot the launch of Deformers on Friday the 21st?!

dailydryerase said:

April 20th, 8:21 pm

So glad Full Throttle came out! A classic game I never played and I love it! Thank You Double Fine!!!

sin379_ said:

April 21st, 9:39 am

when will Dark Souls 3 Fire fades edition release.. it says today.. but i cant find this editon on psn store..??