PlayStation VR

Apr 15

Apr 15

Star Wars Battlefront II Coming to PS4 This November

A new single-player Star Wars story, vastly expanded multiplayer and much more coming November 17.

Jared Petty's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, EA

Welcome to Star Wars Battlefront II, with a new story mode taking players on an epic journey from the battle of Endor to the rise of the First Order. The prequels, original trilogy, and new era meet in a vast multiplayer adventure coming to PS4 on November 17 (or November 14 if for players who pre-order the Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition).

Star Wars Battlefront II introduces a new single-player Star Wars story. As Imperial special forces operative Iden Versio, you’ll witness firsthand the destruction of the second Death Star. That calamitous event propels you and your elite team, Inferno Squad, into an odyssey of revenge, betrayal, and redemption. The action-packed campaign that follows spans the 30-year gap between Star Wars: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and leads you to encounters with some of Star Wars’ greatest heroes.

Star Wars Battlefront II

You’ll also take control of even more of your favorite characters in the vastly expanded multiplayer, including Darth Maul, Yoda, Kylo Ren, Luke Skywalker, Rey, and many more familiar faces from all three cinematic eras. You’ll be able to pilot a variety of starfighters in Space Battle scenarios and master the deep, class-based online gameplay in locations like Theed, Takodana, Starkiller Base, Yavin, Mos Eisley, Endor, Hoth, and more. You’ll have more options than ever with a rewarding progression system, extensive hero customization abilities, and a larger arsenal of weapons with improved modification.

Anyone who pre-orders the Standard Edition will get a whole range of rewards, including exclusive Star Wars: The Last Jedi-themed looks for Kylo Ren and Rey, an ability modifier that upgrades the Millennium Falcon, epic ability modifiers for Rey and Kylo Ren, and more. Players purchasing the Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition receive upgraded versions of all Trooper classes, a A280-CFE blaster rifle instant weapon unlock, an enhanced scope modification, and an epic ability modifier.

Star Wars Battlefront II

We’re very proud of the exciting new single-player story and multiplayer gameplay, but we don’t want to spoil too much too soon! We’ll be revealing new details on Star Wars Battlefront II this summer. In the meantime, we’d love to hear more about the characters, battlegrounds, and features you’d most like to see.

Add Your Own

The_X_Blade_13 said:

April 15th, 12:38 pm

So theres defiantly clone wars in it?! Ok good.

Oste18262009 said:

April 17th, 8:02 pm

They have all of the era’s… no matter what it’s going to have more content. Hero’s Vs. Villains with like Yoda, and Mace Windu, against Boba and Jango Fett is going to be flipping AMAZING THOUGH!!!

KwietStorm said:

April 15th, 12:38 pm

Already sounding better than the last one. Hopefully there’s a lot more content right out the box. Looking forward to a full reveal.

cemrerden said:

April 15th, 12:40 pm

I just hope there is no season pass and that Battlefront 2 takes a similar approach to DLC as Titanfall 2.

Mercenary09 said:

April 15th, 12:58 pm

They confirmed that there is no Season Pass this time.

Sindred said:

April 15th, 12:41 pm

I truly hope there is some VR support. After that incredible tease for Rogue One, it would be a real shame.

gekylafas said:

April 15th, 12:41 pm

Preordered!

Sueskekse said:

April 15th, 12:42 pm

Please a better offline Multiplayer

godzilla4352 said:

April 15th, 12:44 pm

Please read this developers of this game!. i (and i’m pretty sure most people) would like to see things in the original Battlefront 2 make into this game like Galactic Conquest. Also please remove the coins on the map and remove the Star Card system and have actual classes.

ZanFear said:

April 15th, 10:48 pm

Classes are returning… did you not read the whole article?

Rapturesassassin said:

April 15th, 12:44 pm

I DONT NEED IT, I DONT NEED IT, I DONT NEED IT,

IIIII NEEEEEED ITTTTTTTT

Pre-ordered

Mercenary09 said:

April 15th, 12:59 pm

Man a great looking single player, Space battles, all eras covered and best of all no season pass. Thank you EA.

rufusmarch23 said:

April 15th, 1:00 pm

I’d really like to see offline multiplayer with split-screen and bots. Also the VR mission was amazing and I hope there’s more VR to come.

GunnerFCm said:

April 15th, 8:40 pm

Agreed! i felt like i missed large parts of the firat titlw because im not competitive. looking forward to this one though!

Randc7 said:

April 15th, 1:01 pm

Any chance they kept/enhanced splitscreen?

hallower1980 said:

April 15th, 1:09 pm

The campaign looks great.

“features you’d most like to see” = Galactic Conquest mode!! Give us PvE lovers a deep, dynamic mode with big unscripted battles and bonuses for controlling planets or territories. You might also look at the “War of the Ring” mode in EA’s Battle For Middle Earth 2 for PvE “multiplayer” ideas.

cmdluke said:

April 15th, 1:09 pm

This looks amazing. And good to see you here Jared Petty!!!

cman199 said:

April 15th, 1:15 pm

falconbox said:

April 15th, 1:27 pm

Congrats on the new job Jared! Love your work.

Chaoz said:

April 15th, 2:44 pm

I want the option to play the single player campaign in VR!

Tatanka2007 said:

April 15th, 3:24 pm

Feeling hot and cold about this one. I loved the original SW BF 1 and 2, and I am a massive SW fan. That said, this is one title people should not pre-order. Why?

It’s still a movie tie-in. Which means they will release it no matter what state the product is in. The production for this also seems to be rushed. Remember that a real gem like Horizon Zero Dawn took six years. It’s obvious that this has not been in the works for all that long. Of course they want to bait you with the digital equivalent of a cereal toy to get your preorder. With consoles your preorder is locked in no matter what.

I hope it’s good. I want it to be good. The promo sounds really really good, but of course it’s promo, so take a big grain of salt with it. But judging from how movie tie-ins in the past generally stink to the heavens because they are released prematurely, I am definitely not betting on it (or not against it either).

Peco12 said:

April 15th, 4:31 pm

Even though I am glad they are bringing back space battles and having a single player campaign mode, I definitely agree with you on that and will wait for a review from my favorite video game reviewer on Youtube.

Peco12 said:

April 15th, 4:28 pm

It is awesome that you guys are adding in space battles, a single-player campaign, heroes and villains from all three eras, and a more detailed class system. Even if you guys don’t conquest mode like in the original Battlefront 2, this is looking to be better and could possibly be one of the best Star Wars to come out. Keep up the good work, and I can’t wait to see more gamplay and hear more about this at E3.

brn-dn said:

April 15th, 5:35 pm

I normally have no interest in Star Wars but I may check this out. The first game looked and sounded really great.

jek_ct_1212 said:

April 15th, 6:15 pm

GALACTIC CONQUEST PLEASE!!!! This game will be awesome with or without it, but I’d like to have it with it

SierraAstaelion said:

April 15th, 6:17 pm

Split screen ONLINE please!

fuzzywookie987 said:

April 15th, 6:21 pm

NO FREAKING JETPACKS. They also need to get rid of the coins and the star cards.

overlorder55 said:

April 16th, 2:20 am

I’m pretty sure they are ditching star cards and going back to the class based system of the original battlefront games

fuzzywookie987 said:

April 15th, 6:22 pm

Make it so you can be in a squad rather than just wity one person.

Ghostshot1398 said:

April 15th, 6:49 pm

What about the Old Republic era? That would be amazing!

TweadieBird said:

April 15th, 8:11 pm

Galactic Conquest and better multiplayer splitscreen are my humble requests. Enjoyed EAs first Battlefront attempt but everyone knows how much further it can go to arrive at the greatness of the features of the original Battlefront 2 and beyond. Get there EA! Looking good so far!

Easy-RE said:

April 15th, 8:41 pm

Definitely want to see galactic conquest brought back. Spent countless hours playing that game mode on ps2. I enjoyed the 1st swbf on ps4 but was extremely disappointed that this game mode wasn’t an option

GENERAL_FCF said:

April 15th, 10:29 pm

Add the Force attack stamina based system from the old Battlefront II. So Hero’s and villains both have to be tactical and choose between using powerful force to get a kill or traverse fast. And force vs force battles similar to the battlefield 4 knifing mechanism! Add playable droids too! Thank you. And reward foot soldiers with kill streak weapon usage so only the skilled can fight 1v1 against a hero or villain and win!

overlorder55 said:

April 16th, 2:15 am

This all sounds good and I think the story sounds interesting, especially seeing things from the empire’s point of view but I hope that part about “redemption” isn’t going to be Iden defecting to the rebels. That’s such a played out story in star wars and I like playing as “the bad guys”.

loadstone007 said:

April 16th, 2:51 am

Was disappointed with the first game, will wait out to see how this one fares.

paulogy said:

April 16th, 6:09 am

Very exciting stuff, Jared! Nice to see you here :-)

kitler53 said:

April 16th, 8:11 am

i was quite interested in the first one but end up skippin it because i’m mostly a single player guy.

thank you for having a campain this time. i’ll be picking this one up. xD

SkyHusky12 said:

April 16th, 9:13 am

When can I pre-order?

pscoolman said:

April 16th, 9:33 am

“we would love to hear more about…the features you’d most like to see.”

Make the entirety of Battlefront II playable on PS VR…

Nuff said…

TeamGreen615 said:

April 16th, 2:01 pm

Jared, I miss you on video game 20 questions but glad to see you are doing well at your new job. Looking forward to more information on this game in the coming months.

Welmosca said:

April 17th, 10:11 am

Already didn’t liked the Force Awakens and Rogue One BS on the 1st game let alone on this one…but at least we’re finally getting Prequels so I can’t really complain.Believe asking for a game without any stain of the new movies is asking too much considering all the dirty advertising EA must do to the movies.

Also LOLLOLOLOLOL showing Kylo Ren in the end as if he was someone cool and badass everyone was expecting,really Dice?…should’ve shown Yoda at the end.Kylo Ren may have been cool before they decided to remove his mask…now he’s a damn fool.

Also the campaign doesn’t look good…playing with imperials really?…not gonna judge before playing,just saying.

PS:With everything I’ve read here I hope the gameplay system of the 1st game won’t be changed,please keep the star cards and etc.

ind1ana__bones said:

April 17th, 12:09 pm

NEVER getting another Star Wars Battlefront game on PS4 EVER again. lol. Not after the last fiasco. I’ve uploaded HOURS of laggy, rubber banding, game crashing footage. As a huge Star Wars fan. I was severely disappointed with the internet connectivity with the EA servers. I purchased/pre-ordered and got the season pass EVERYTHING with the last game. But this time, I’m choosing Xbox Live over this. To top that off the EA mods who run their Star Wars sites are power tripping, wound up guys. Horrible horrible experience. Not for me. Thanks but no thanks.

threehundredGz said:

April 18th, 9:48 am

After paying $80 CDN for the first one, I’ll wait until this is two-three weeks old and get it for less than half-price.

mailperme said:

May 3rd, 7:00 pm

I hope multiplayer mode will be less ‘arcade’ with possibility to custom blasters (with ou without scope). I like to aim and see the full scene. Thankful to not have season pass. I got frustrated on SWBF because I payed more on it than the main game.