Final Fantasy XV

Apr 25

Apr 25

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Launches September 19, 8 New Fighters Confirmed

Ultron and Sigma combine to forge a world-shattering new threat.

Peter Rosas's Avatar Posted by Capcom, Associate Producer

As exciting as our prior Marvel vs. Capcom fighting games have been, we’ve never seen a true fusion of the two iconic universes. Yes, heroes and villains crossed the stream, so to speak, but did we ever really see the worlds collide? In Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, not only will combatants from both sides be hurled into chaos, but they’ll also be hounded by the game’s titanic new threat — Ultron Sigma, a fusion of two of the most menacing mechanoids from the Marvel and Capcom universes.

Ultron. Sigma. Infinity Stones. Marvel and Capcom locations fused together. What more do you need?

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will officially launch on September 19, 2017. And once you’ve (Presumably!) saved the universe in Story Mode, you’ll still have Arcade, Training, and Mission modes to consider, plus various multiplayer offerings, naturally.

And who’s fighting to save the day? We’re pleased to announce the following additions to the Infinite roster:

• Ultron
  • Hulk
  • Thor
  • Hawkeye
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • Chun-Li
  • Strider Hiryu
  • Chris Redfield

Pre-orders begin today, and there are three different ways to join the fight against Ultron Sigma.

Standard Edition ($59.99 MSRP)
Pre-order the Standard Edition and receive Warrior Thor and Evil Ryu Premium Costumes. Oh, and the game, obviously.

Deluxe Edition ($89.99 MSRP)
Pre-order the Deluxe Edition and receive the main game, the two aforementioned costumes (Warrior Thor and Evil Ryu), and two additional costumes — Gladiator Hulk and Command Mission X! The Deluxe Edition also includes the 2017 Character Pass, which gives you access to six post-launch characters — the first one being Sigma himself!

Collector’s Edition ($199.99 MSRP)
Pre-order this bad boy and you’re gonna be the proud new owner of four detailed, interlinking dioramas from TriForce, plus LED-powered Infinity Stones and the Deluxe Edition of the game. Make some room on your desk before you pre-order!

Check with your individual retailers for details in Europe and Australia, as some offers may vary.

Add Your Own

Hayterfan said:

April 25th, 8:26 am

WHERE CAN I ORDER THAT COLLECTORS EDITION !!!!!

Trendy_Kid said:

April 25th, 9:10 am

Sigma looks like Buzz Lightyear.

gokuh013 said:

April 25th, 12:57 pm

Remember what Erick Cartman said about per odering stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV69DyOuzbE

Asshawk said:

April 25th, 2:19 pm

Fighting games announcing copious amounts of DLC characters way before launch always gives me warning signs.
I’m just gonna wait until there is a complete edition or something.

Apex_Soldier25 said:

April 25th, 2:58 pm

Ok, now about ordering the Collectors Edition? When is it gonna be up for grabs?

D-Squad3 said:

April 25th, 5:37 pm

Ok please upgrade the graphics and change Chun-Li’s face. This game looks like it can run on a phone.

Sponge-worthy said:

April 25th, 5:42 pm

This looks like a mobile game. Not impressive at all. But I suppose that is appropriate, given the heaps of microtransactions that will surely be in this game.

Tatanka2007 said:

April 25th, 7:28 pm

Idk maybe not quite as bad as mobile, but yeah it doesn’t impressive. It reminds of last gen models and animations with current gen lighting and higher res textures. It just doesn’t look right. Maybe it will be budget priced. I can’t imagine paying sixty bucks for it.

As someone else pointed out, bragging about DLC isn’t something to brag out. They announced a 2017 Character Pass, meaning a few months after release, we’ll get a 2018 Character Pass. Season Passes were bad enough but when they break it down in multiple passes, it’s a big turn-off.

Capcom and Activision should get married or something. They both treat gamers like sheep to be sheared.

iCrAzy_2D_XtrEmE said:

April 25th, 6:33 pm

So Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series!?

Welmosca said:

April 25th, 9:55 pm

They better add him…moreover keep Dante from DmC 3 or add Dante from DmC 4.

thekobal said:

April 25th, 8:59 pm

Season pass 2017 ???
Premium costumes ?????
Sigma looking like Buzz Lightyear ????????
Starting at 60 bucks ????????
No Cammy ??????
Thanks Capcom, I will remember the good old times when you used to sell better games.

Welmosca said:

April 25th, 9:46 pm

Hell yeah I was dying to have some news,especially about the roster…I’m so damn glad Strider is in it now I just need to keep ma hopes up for Vergil and Wesker and to finally see the return of Captain Commando and Venom.Also glad to see Ultron is playable without the fusion thingy.But damn all this DLC announcement…what a waste,was about to pre-order it cuz MvsC is MvsC but really capcom?…if you’re about to pull an “Ultimate” like the last time I’m not about to buy,sure read somewhere this MvsC would take the SF5 route with DLC but this sucks.

Anyway its nice to see a story mode a la MK,every fighting game seems to be taking that route nowadays which is good.On more important matters though…september is really close,are you guys serious about these graphics?…game looks 100 times worse and uglier than MvsC 3,should’ve used the same engine.BTW I hope Thor ain’t as clunky and bad to play with this time around.

PS:Bring 3 vs 3 back.

PPS:Want some good characters addition…Yukimura and Masamune,capcom y’all need to add them!!!!

Welmosca said:

April 25th, 9:50 pm

Forgot to say…the damn propaganda is giving me nausea already,it wasn’t necessary to put the Marvel characters with their damn movie outfits.Should’ve kept like MvsC 3 being loyal to the comics and add the movie outfits as alternative which I’m sure it’ll be done the other way around and as paid DLC lol.

TWODEEEE said:

April 26th, 12:07 am

Character models on fighting games are usually good looking, why do these look so bad?

Ujn said:

April 26th, 10:02 am

Capcom and their “Games as a Service” model can take a hike. Anyone who has seen what SFV is… should stay far away from this thing. DLC on top of DLC on top of DLC that isn’t even real DLC but tied to Capcom’s servers not the PSN store. Avoid this thing like the plague! Heed my warning! Capcom used to release proper full games. Sad times.

OBE1DC said:

April 26th, 11:42 am

The statues look really nice, but with a $200 price tag, it would be good if the collector’s edition included the current AND any future season passes, as well as any future DLC.

ONEMAD_HATTER said:

April 26th, 5:13 pm

I feel we could have done better, that’s my two cents. Not impressed, -_______________-

MysticRoseKnight said:

April 27th, 5:19 am

I somehow feel like this should have been titled Marvel’s Avengers VS Capcom. Not too Impressed by the roster. They never use my favorite characters anyway. Still If i did get this, I would like the collectors edition. The extras look pretty sweet.

LickMyBoSack said:

April 28th, 10:11 am

The game really does look like a mobile game. After they released the gameplay trailer, I was kind of upset. That being said, I pre ordred the collectors edition. Hopefully the game doesn’t look like this on release. If it does, pc ver is going to be the better version because of the mods to the graphics will be done instantly by other players

#Sheeple

Tomba25 said:

May 13th, 4:53 am

Wow for a $200 pricetag C.E. some lunatic fanatics are still vying for that wallet muncher. Starting to wonder how much cost will it take to take them to their limit to say: “That’s too much!”

Cesar-HMeraz said:

May 15th, 11:54 pm

What I would not give to have that Carol Danvers diorama…

I would not give so much money, mainly because I do not have it. But I still really want it. Big Carol fan here.

And mostly a Vita user. I would be happy to have this game on my portable console instead of the PS4.