God of War

May 05

May 05

PlayStation Blogcast 248: Spray and Prey

Bonus: Sid discovers an underappreciated new PS4 gem and encourages the gang to give it a shot.

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Subscribe via iTunes, Google or RSS, or download here

The band’s back together this week, and everybody’s ready for Prey. Arkane’s latest has something for everyone: an abandoned space station, mind-bending powers, eye injections… sign us up! Don’t miss our big interview with Arkane themselves about halfway through the show!

Stuff We Talked About

• Prey
  • Nier: Automata
  • Gnog
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • Learning to love Dark Souls
  • Resident Evil: Code Veronica X

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan ClementsOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Zac Minor

Sid Shuman – Director of Social Media, SIEA
Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SIEA
Ryan Clements – Sr. Social Media Specialist, SIEA
Zac Minor – Sr. Social Media Manager, SIEA

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

Add Your Own

Tjoeb123 said:

May 5th, 7:20 pm

It’s been 3 episodes since release and still no talk about Persona 5, at least according to the show notes (haven’t listened to this episode yet). C’mon guys.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

May 8th, 11:21 am

Okay, so, Persona 5. Amazing experience so far, but I kiiiiinda got distracted by a little game called Nier: Automata. Now I’m finished with that and working on P5 again! I actually think I’m going to be out of town for the next couple show recordings, but next time I’m on I promise I’ll talk about Persona. :)

Tjoeb123 said:

May 8th, 5:12 pm

Hey, I don’t blame you. ;) I’ve been hearing nothing but good things about NieR Automata, after all.

Razlo said:

May 6th, 9:36 pm

Really dislike how new releases were thrown in the dumpster. I like hearing what games are coming next week, it’s one of my fav parts of the show. Having only 3 or games highlighted is a serious downgrade. I’m listening to the blogcast, and can’t always check the site, so saying it’s there isn’t a great consolation.

Justin Massongill's Avatar

Justin Massongill said:

May 8th, 11:19 am

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Here’s our thinking: The Drop used to publish every Sunday, which meant the new releases being part of the Blogcast was a nice little bonus for listeners. A while back, we started publishing The Drop on Fridays, so since the new releases are readily available on the Blog around the same time the show goes live, we figured we’d give this new format a shot where we highlight a few of our faves. This gives us more time to talk about games we actually know about / are excited about, where before we would have to kind of rush through the list to fit everything in.

Of course, listener opinions are welcome and appreciated! Would you still rather we run down the full list of new releases on the show, despite them being available around the same time in The Drop?

Huntyboy102 said:

May 8th, 5:08 am

Ditto

Dead-Sync said:

May 10th, 8:32 am

I’m actually going to play devil’s advocate here. I really liked the abbreviated new releases list. While I didn’t mind it before, what I REALLY enjoy most about the Blogcast is the conversations, especially revolving around what everyone is playing and whatever is the “subject of the week”

I guess you can’t make everyone happy and I know that some people will not like it, but honestly I like the new format a lot. I don’t need a laundry list read to me, especially when it got to the later titles that felt like obligations which needed to be powered through. I can read all that on a list online, I CAN’T get that quality discussion and antics anywhere else.

Maybe just make sure you get a fixed amount of chosen releases each time (like 4 or 5) as opposed to 1 per host. Those 2 host shows (and the Ryan Clement’s “All By Myself” specials) could easily miss some important titles.

So yeah, just my 2 cents, I’m digging the new format!

Feedmemore31 said:

May 7th, 7:17 pm

What is going on with they MLB The Show Servers. Have been having issues since day one. Sucks that I Pre Ordered and couldn’t even get the full experience until a few days later. PS should give some free packs. I have purchased all the MLB The Shows since the beginning. I’m Trying to get alot of the missions done before deploying but it’s hard when it takes 5 min to load or get kicked off the servers.

PlasmaGlory said:

May 9th, 6:25 am

I like the new format for new games of the week. Just reading a list of games that you don’t know anything about isn’t very interesting, so it makes sense to only go over the games you know something about. Great episode.