Farpoint

May 16

May 16

3D Platformer Skylar & Plux: Adventure on Clover Island Hits PS4 Friday

Double-jump into a nostalgic revival of the beloved 3D platformer genre.

George Mamakos's Avatar Posted by PR Manager, Grip Digital

Hello PlayStation fans! This is George from Grip Digital, a company based in the beautiful city of Prague, Czech Republic. We’ve been hard at work with Right Nice Games – a small, talented development team from Stockholm, Sweden – to bring you their debut title, Skylar & Plux: Adventure on Clover Island.

Today we feel very happy because Skylar & Plux is ready to launch this Friday, May 19 at PlayStation Store!

The vibrant 3D platformer pays homage to the beloved platform genre of the previous decade, combining classic gameplay, playful gadgets, and a lighthearted story, set in a gorgeous world reminiscent of childhood adventures.

The game takes place in the exotic Clover Island, with lush greenery and colourful landscapes. Our main heroine, Skylar Lynxe, a snow cat with a mysterious robotic arm, and Plux Owlsley, her trusty sidekick, have to stop an evil industrialist who plans to conquer Clover Island. Your mission is simple: you must fight your way across four different environments and a dozen levels, taking on boss battles, volcanoes and space, using a wide range of upgradable gadgets and weapons to save the island from destruction.

Game mechanics include all the moves you’d expect from a standard platformer. You can jump, double-jump and spin-attack. As you progress through the stages, you will be able to unlock a jetpack which lets you jump further and higher, as well as many other gadgets. Aside from those pure platforming mechanics you will find puzzle elements as well that are more traditionally found in adventure games.

Skylar & Plux is a nostalgic blend of all the classic 3D platformers of the late 90s and early 2000s. So there’s something for everyone, whether your favorite platformer was Mario, Jak & Daxter, Spyro or something else, you should be able to relate to Skylar & Plux.

But I will stop here so I don’t spoil all the fun for you. If you like what you’ve seen so far, then check out the game when it is available. We hope you enjoy playing Skylar & Plux as much as we enjoyed making it.

We look forward to seeing what you think about the game. Your feedback is super important to us, so please feel free to get in touch, either in the comments below, or through our social media pages to share your thoughts and ideas.

Add Your Own

Dethfuse said:

May 16th, 9:11 am

This game looks really good. I’ll definitely be picking this up on release day. 3D platformers were my favorite growing up. Thanks for bringing this to PS4!

George Mamakos's Avatar

George Mamakos said:

May 17th, 6:12 am

Thank you! We really appreciate your support and we hope you enjoy playing the game!

LeMatster said:

May 16th, 9:32 am

Finally!! Congratulations guys, I’ve been following your game for a while and it looks amazing. Day one for me! Should we expect PS4 PRO enhancements??

bdjn15 said:

May 16th, 9:49 am

Game looks great. I’ll definitely be picking this up.

Won’t lie though, I am a little disappointing there is no platinum trophy.. But I will be playing it either way. Just would have been a nice add on to the collection.

George Mamakos's Avatar

George Mamakos said:

May 17th, 9:09 am

Thank you for your support! Skylar & Plux is a small scope game which means that unfortunately there is no platinum trophy… :(

zazzyguitar said:

May 17th, 11:25 am

Would have been great to have a platinum. My name is mayo had a platinum so I don’t think games such as yours would be called small scope.

Frankie_Drums_ said:

May 20th, 3:59 pm

It’s worth a full 1,000 Gamerscore on the competiton’s console, so once again I have to say that this idea that some games aren’t “worthy” of a Platinum trophy hurts Sony, the gamers and developers. For games which are Sony-exclusive, if they don’t have a platinum I usually gloss right over them, which hurts both Sony and the devs. If the game is multi-platform, I’ll buy it on the other console (which is what I’m going to do here),and that hurts Sony. And it’s bad for gamers because it indicates to us that some games are not of the same quality and standards as others, which means we may miss out on some good games.

Just give every game a platinum, Sony. This is silly.

DeanTheMean said:

May 16th, 9:56 am

Looks to me as if Ratchet and Clank are back!

infamousgodV2_0 said:

May 16th, 10:44 am

@DeanTheMean
    Looks look a cheap Ratchet and Clank Knock off

jgr9 said:

May 16th, 2:08 pm

Looks like All 4 One.

selfdeztruction said:

May 16th, 11:00 am

Wow! This looks amazing. It’d be incredible if it supported the PSVR for a Mervil’s style VR camera.

KnightRid said:

May 17th, 3:42 am

This looks great! It is Ratchet and Clank without having to wait for a new Ratchet and Clank game to ever be released!!!!!

No trophies, no multiplayer, no VR (LOL what a huge 3d tv flop this is heading to be) and a long story would make this perfect.

One of the few games I may get on day one, depending on the size since we are data limited when you live in the country in the USA *sigh* Will this be available as a retail disc?

wvnative said:

May 17th, 8:17 am

Yooka laylee was primarily inspired by Banjo. You guys listed many games, but if you could pick only one classic 3D platformer, which one would you say served as the MAIN inspiration for this?

MadMal073 said:

May 17th, 9:26 am

This game looks awesome! Can’t wait to play it.

PS: Was just in Prague not too long ago for vacation. Amazing place!

Welmosca said:

May 18th, 11:27 am

Really glad to see this game is releasing,it’s been quite a while since I’ve seen any news about it and I was starting to get worried lol.For real the 1st trailers got me really excited for Skylar e Plux…dat feel of old adventure games.This is a confirmed buy.

anajjar said:

May 19th, 6:11 am

Link to buy on PS4 not working. Please assist.