PlayStation VR

May 22

May 22

Marvel Heroes Omega Open Beta Begins Tomorrow, Watch the Launch Trailer

Join the Guardians of the Galaxy, the X-Men, the Avengers, and more for free.

Ben “TheArtofRawr” Gilbert's Avatar Posted by Lead Designer at Gazillion

Hello! This is Ben Gilbert, Lead Designer for Marvel Heroes Omega. I’m very excited to announce that the open beta for Marvel Heroes Omega on PlayStation 4 begins tomorrow on May 23!

Soon, players around the world can become the Hero! Play as Spider-Man, the Avengers, the Defenders, the X-Men, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and so many more. We’ve heard so many stories from our closed beta players about how much fun they’ve been having playing Marvel Heroes Omega couch co-op with friends and family. It really hearkens back to those classic Marvel co-op games from days past and we hope you enjoy it, too.

Marvel Heroes OmegaMarvel Heroes Omega

Marvel Heroes Omega

Can’t wait till May 23? It’s still not too late to grab a Founder’s Pack to play right now. There’s a variety of Packs to choose from at PlayStation Store along with a special War Machine Founder’s Pack exclusively for PlayStation Plus members.

On top of that, tomorrow’s May 23 open beta launch is really just the beginning for Marvel Heroes Omega. We have tons of plans for new content, fun events, and even more fan favorite Heroes we plan to introduce to the game over time. The road ahead is long and promising. But enough talk! Check out our open beta launch trailer for Marvel Heroes Omega and get hyped for tomorrow’s release!

Add Your Own

DX2800 said:

May 22nd, 1:37 pm

Can I choose to play entire game single player and multiplayer or is the only single player campaign?

Pudgyboi said:

May 22nd, 1:42 pm

You’ll always be connected to other players so you can play this game entirely with your friends or play by yourself. It’s up to you.

Thillhouse said:

May 22nd, 1:48 pm

Been playing all weekend and it’s great.

D-Squad3 said:

May 22nd, 2:21 pm

Give me Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

Ralstonizer said:

May 25th, 3:38 pm

These guys didn’t even make the Ultimate Alliance games, bud.

Thormran said:

May 22nd, 2:22 pm

Are they wiping the servers again, or will my progress carry over?

Trendy_Kid said:

May 22nd, 2:27 pm

No more wipes, all your progress stays with you from here on out!

Dead-Sync said:

May 22nd, 5:11 pm

Thank you for that info Trendy! Have been very excited for the game but passed on the closed beta for that reason. Pretty pumped to check out the MHO world!

talespins21 said:

May 22nd, 2:57 pm

Is this open world or no it dont look like it is it looks like marvel ultimate alliance which were great games but ill probably download the beta tomorrow to try it out.

Pudgyboi said:

May 22nd, 3:31 pm

There are hubs and zones that you defeat enemies in. It’s very much like many ARPGs out there.

Thillhouse said:

May 22nd, 4:37 pm

If you’ve played Destiny or Diablo III, Marvel Heroes has large environments to explore, defeat enemies, and take on public quests like in the patrol areas those games have.

MisterAxle said:

May 22nd, 3:19 pm

Who’s the badger?

Souledge94 said:

May 22nd, 3:28 pm

is ghost rider and moon knight in this?

Pudgyboi said:

May 22nd, 3:30 pm

They both are!

Souledge94 said:

May 22nd, 3:45 pm

@pudgyboi

YES!!!!! thanks for the info.

Hypergyaos said:

May 22nd, 5:39 pm

I am Groot!

SharkZone360 said:

May 22nd, 6:02 pm

Do i need PlayStation plus to participate the open beta?

Pudgyboi said:

May 22nd, 7:03 pm

You do not!

Amnalehu said:

May 22nd, 7:10 pm

what does the founders pack give you that is not included in the Beta?

Pudgyboi said:

May 23rd, 7:34 am

Since the game is out of Closed Beta and soon to be Early access, it gives you the same content. If you purchase the Avengers, Guardians, X-Men, Deadpool, and Spider-Man Founder’s Pack… you get access to timed-exclusive items like the Spider-Man Symbiote Costume and the Iron Fist Hero. Both should available in same fashion after the exclusive goes away.

Retrokidbk83 said:

May 22nd, 11:31 pm

What time does the open beta go live? I’m on the east coast.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

May 23rd, 4:33 am

The real question is when will the dozens of costumes missing be added.

xaos said:

May 23rd, 4:57 am

Watched the trailer and wow there’s some deep cuts in there; the N’garai don’t show up that often

W1CK3DW1LL0W said:

May 23rd, 5:29 am

There isn’t even a place to download this at on the playstation store unless you purchase a founder’s pack. So as of right now you will have to pay between $16.99 – $59.99 to play this Free to Play game unless I am missing something. Go ahead and search Marvel heroes Omega and see what I mean.

Retrokidbk83 said:

May 23rd, 6:28 am

Exactly!!!!!

PixelProV1 said:

May 23rd, 8:59 am

store might not have updated yet?

kiidstaythuqin said:

May 23rd, 5:31 am

What time will it be on the PSN store

Pudgyboi said:

May 23rd, 1:46 pm

It should be available in the store currently!

mack0r11 said:

May 23rd, 2:11 pm

The only thing on the store are the various founder packs. Any ETA when I can give the game a shot, I loved it on PC.

Valde_zerocool said:

May 23rd, 6:53 am

Bought two packs before release and I’ve been loving t so far. Blade is my favorite character so far.

Wheelz_157 said:

May 23rd, 8:16 am

I heard somewhere that you had to buy one of the starter packs to have access to the closed beta. Is the same true for the open beta as well? If not, I can’t find the game’s launcher at all I downloaded the free DD pack though. Thanks .

pyrablack said:

May 23rd, 8:33 am

Probably like when Star Trek Online came out.Takes most of the day. There is a sponsored link but it says content unavailable at this time.

PixelProV1 said:

May 23rd, 8:57 am

Noice

blu_j09 said:

May 23rd, 9:07 am

“Hello!… mcfly!” Why won’t anyone answer the time it can officials be downloaded in eastern standard time!.. answer would be nice been waiting for this open Berra for a while now.

pyrablack said:

May 23rd, 9:13 am

Simple as I just looked.Looks like you got to BUY a Founder’s Pack to play the FREE game.Not sure how that makes it free though

blu_j09 said:

May 23rd, 9:30 am

No that can’t be the case because on the trailer it says all for free! I just think like usual it will take all day for the free beta. If you do have to pay then the trailer is false advertisement & I can’t afford it right now. Anyways here to waiting. You would think the people creating the game or Sony would take us out of our misery and just answer the question.

Wheelz_157 said:

May 23rd, 9:32 am

Man I really hope that’s not the case here. If it is i’ll just have to wait til the game drops..oh well. buying a pack for an open beta much less a free to play makes no sense.

SyafiqAiden said:

May 23rd, 9:24 am

No open beta for asia region?

Wheelz_157 said:

May 23rd, 9:25 am

jones2032 said:

May 23rd, 9:30 am

How do I access the open beta without having to pay ? I look on the PSN store and all I find are the founders packs that all have cost. I thought this was a free to play game

blu_j09 said:

May 23rd, 9:31 am

jones2032 said:

May 23rd, 9:50 am

I just spoke to a PSN rep that said they are experiencing delays with the Beta which is why it is not showing up in the store and we should check back later on in the day for it to show up hope this helps

pyrablack said:

May 23rd, 10:02 am

Try around 2 Pacific, 11 eastern (I believe ). Just noticing that time on games doing maintenance which normally are done in morning.

Also noted the Daredevil stuff is down. So probably just a snag. It does happen.

My question now, is characters like Wolverine avaible for free, or at least by themselves so you don’t need tp pay 60 bucks to play him.

pyrablack said:

May 23rd, 10:17 am

Try now. I just did and it’s avaible

blu_j09 said:

May 23rd, 11:52 am

Thank you pyrablack. See you all there!… wait! Is this game online co-op or just couch play co-op? Anyway…, finally! here I come. Enjoy everyone. Ben waiting on this for a while I do 3d animation & was going to start a kickstarter to try & bring back x-men legends but this beat me to the punch. Lol! Hope I can use ice-man in the beta!

Trendy_Kid said:

May 23rd, 12:30 pm

It’s both online and couch co-op….pretty cool, right??

mxp6732 said:

May 23rd, 12:06 pm

Weird question. When I go to the PS4 store it just shows me founders packs. Is the game available for download yet? Is the game free to own and play or do I have to buy a pack in order to play the game?

pyrablack said:

May 23rd, 1:13 pm

Either check the free section and click on the sponsored link. Or use search and type in Marvel Heroes Omega.

Game is fun though wish had camera control

JimmyNEUTRON413 said:

May 23rd, 8:32 pm

I dont see it there either….weird

Kid_Grim said:

May 24th, 9:28 pm

I have a great account on PC. With no cross over this is a ground up grind effort. The graphics are good and the game play is fine. Would have perhaps liked some movie cut scene upgrades, but nova is my favorite character to play on PC and he is on the console version for cheap amount of crystals but I came across some lag especially in areas where players are using a lot of powers overall it’s worth playing. I really like couch co-op more games should really bring that kind of game play back.

Kid_Grim said:

May 28th, 8:50 am

The fact the whole team-up addition to the Pc version is not on the console version is a big let down.

dlee116 said:

May 26th, 2:28 am

I like the look of it. But the controls are quite stiff. And a jump button, a better camera angle or at least an adjustable camera view would be nice. Then this game would be perfection. Hopefully they will add these functions in the future.

KagatoAC said:

May 26th, 8:39 am

Its not bad but unless the shards to unlock new characters drop a lot more often at endgame the in game unlocks are insanely overpriced. It starts you with enough to unlock one, but your second one costs you a week or more of farming to unlock 20-30 shards for an evenings play, and you need 500-700 to unlock a new hero?!