PlayStation VR

Jun 02

Jun 02

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 6/6/2017

More than 20 years after its original debut, a PlayStation classic returns to the spotlight. Wipeout Omega Collection launches Tuesday on PS4.

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

Prepare for the blistering speed and iconic style of a long-running PlayStation racer. Wipeout Omega Collection is here.

The Omega Collection features content from Wipeout HD, Wipeout HD Fury, and Wipeout 2048 — all fused into one staggering blend of speed and sound. Featuring 26 circuits, 46 unique ships, and an upgraded soundtrack, Wipeout Omega Collection is required racing for adrenaline junkies. Plus, the collection is enhanced for PS4 Pro.

For a full list of games coming to PlayStation next week, read on. And enjoy The Drop!

The Drop

New Releases: Week of June 6, 2017
PS4, PS Vita — Digital, PS4 Version at Retail

Cladun Returns

Saddle up for some retro-styled dungeon-crawling goodness with Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku! Meet classic heroes from Japan’s Sengoku Era as you help the souls of the dead settle their unfinished business.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Dark Rose Valkyrie

A virus threatens humanity. Valkyrie Force, move out! In this RPG, fight using customized weapons, team attacks, Overdrive mode, and more! But beyond battle, you’ll have to interrogate teammates to find who’s been turned in order to save the world.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Dirt 4

The world’s leading off-road racing series is back! Dirt 4 puts you at the wheel of the most powerful machines ever made as you face the toughest roads and circuits on the planet in rally, rallycross, and landrush.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind

Return to Morrowind in this new chapter of the award-winning online role-playing series, The Elder Scrolls Online. Embark on a dangerous journey through legendary locales, and save Morrowind from a deadly Daedric threat. Includes the first game of the series.

PS Vita — Digital

Farming Simulator 18

Become a modern farmer in Farming Simulator 18! Plant, harvest, and trade in crops, including for the first time sunflowers. Diversify your activity with animal husbandry and forestry. Develop and expand your very own farm… wherever you go!

PS4 — Digital

Jump Stars

Introducing Jump Stars, the bonkers new local multiplayer party game which pits player against player in a bizarre, violent game show as they collectively compete to save their skins.

PS4 — Digital

Neighborhorde

Neighborhorde is a couch co-op shoot-em-up where you and your team of friends use toys as weapons and game-changing superpowers to survive evil robots and zombie Abe Lincolns.

PS4 — Digital (Out 6/7)

Perception

Perception is a first-person narrative horror adventure that tells the story of Cassie, a blind heroine who uses her extraordinary hearing and razor-sharp wits to unravel the mysteries of an abandoned estate that haunts her dreams.

PS Vita — Digital

Plague Road

Set around a city being consumed from within by disease, Plague Road tells a story of a lone doctor who abandoned his home and now returns to learn the fate of those he left behind.

PS4 — Digital

Randall

Randall wakes up in a distopyan world in which people are content living under constant surveillance and absolute control. Players take on the part of Randall, a powerful telepath with a touch of schizophrenia. His abilities allow him to control and play as every single character on screen, seamlessly swapping between them, exploiting the power that they have.

PS VR — Digital

Special Delivery

Dodge cars, dogs, and tornadoes as you grow your subscriber base and expand your paper route in this arcade inspired newspaper delivery game.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Superbeat: Xonic

Experience Superbeat: Xonic, the new music game sensation that’s bound to have you on the edge of your seat! Enjoy the stunning visuals and effects as you play your way through 68 unique songs and unlock tons of hidden rewards and items. Perform and perfect awesome combos and show the world you’re the best by climbing the Ranking system!

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Town of Light

Play through the eyes of Renée, a 16-year-old girl who suffers from the symptoms of mental illness. She is searching for answers to the many questions from her past, while exploring the place where she spent most of her youth. Guide Renée through a dark and emotional journey where the lines between entertainment, storytelling, and reality blur.

PS4 — Digital

Victor Vran

Become Victor, hunter of demons. Forge your own hero on a quest to liberate the cursed city of Zagoravia. Decide how you play at any moment, even in the heat of battle. Modify your demon slaying loadout as you dodge deadly attacks, leap from towering locations, and take on hordes of hideous beasts and cunning boss monsters.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Wipeout Omega Collection

Wipeout Omega Collection brings together all the content from Wipeout HD, Wipeout HD Fury, and Wipeout 2048, enhanced for PS4 and PS4 Pro.

PlayStation Music Logo

PlayStation Video Logo

PlayStation Vue Logo

• If You’re Not in the Obit, Eat Breakfast- June 5 at 8/7c (HBO)
  • Good Bones- June 6 at 10/9c (HGTV)
  • American Grit- June 11 at 9/8c (Fox)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

JamonSerranoSky said:

June 2nd, 2:02 pm

Here is a video with gameplay of all the games coming out this week, very useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzwUwLk8tRk

RISE_UP44 said:

June 2nd, 2:03 pm

WOw going to be a heck of a busy week and not just with E3… Randall, Victor, The Town of light, plus Neighborhorde which is wicked fun playing couch co with friends..etc.. Another home run lineup coming our way.. Great job and Thanks for bringing the Thumbnails back Ryan. lol.. although I did start getting used to the list..

BrickcitychampAG said:

June 2nd, 5:03 pm

Morrowind best game up here , everything else is just plain terrible.

KLEEBANKLIBAN said:

June 3rd, 10:03 am

@BrickcitychampAG He said judging every book by it’s cover

Mercenary09 said:

June 2nd, 2:04 pm

Getting the WipEout Omega Collection for sure. Also looking at Perception, The Town of Light and Special Delivery on PSVR.

MapleStory said:

June 2nd, 2:13 pm

LOVED Cladun on PSP, great to know Cladun Returns available for PS4 and Vita!

Will Cladun Returns have a digital release on PS4 as well?

Trendy_Kid said:

June 2nd, 3:52 pm

Sony forces anyone who releases a physical game to also release it digitally, so the answer is yes.

Meyra_ said:

June 2nd, 4:04 pm

that ist not correct

for instance Puyo Puyo Tetris ist not available digital

Trendy_Kid said:

June 2nd, 5:17 pm

You have Ubisoft to thank for that. It’s a very special exception.

swordandsheild1 said:

June 6th, 10:59 pm

Star Ocean Last Hope International, and Dark Souls are also not available digitally. I believe Neir is also unavailable on the PSN.

G-Force08 said:

June 2nd, 2:13 pm

Good stuff coming. I’ll be downloading and adding at least 4 of those to my backlog. lol

infamousgodV2_0 said:

June 2nd, 2:17 pm

And i start off this new month the same way i ended last month. By saving money dare i say my backlog is almost completed.

NEOMERCER said:

June 2nd, 3:00 pm

So what’s the difference between the Vita version of Superbeat Xonic and the PS4 version?

otaku_no_bfm said:

June 5th, 8:41 am

The Vita version has touchscreen support, it doesn’t say anything about a different tracklist etc. so I assume that’s the same.

Axecution said:

June 2nd, 3:07 pm

WipEout and Superbeat for me. Superbeat’s been preordered on Amazon for a while now <3

Got it on the Vita but didnt play much cause idk, never really have my Vita with me anymore. So excited

TeamGreen615 said:

June 2nd, 4:40 pm

Shame on you! Your Vita should be the first thing you pick up when you leave the house. Jk!

donnydj76 said:

June 2nd, 3:09 pm

Wondering if Superbeat Xonic is cross buy. Wipeout and Randall look fantabulous! Dir4 waiting for reviews.

Thwip said:

June 2nd, 3:15 pm

Farming Simulator 18!!! How many variants of farming can there be, and who is playing 18 versions of them? I’m waiting for Farming Simulator: Infinite Harvest.

OtterX said:

June 4th, 3:22 pm

You do know the 18 refers to 2018, the next year? I’ve never played any of them, but even I could figure out right away that they are numbered like sports titles.

paulogy said:

June 2nd, 3:36 pm

I’m curious about these local co-op / multiplayer games I haven’t heard of: Jump Stars and Neighborhorde. Will have to check those out.

Kevvik said:

June 2nd, 3:37 pm

Not a bad looking week. Dark Rose Valkyrie, Perception and The Town of Light all look like they could be good.

Also glad to see the normal format of the Drop return, even if I’d rather have the Tuesday Update instead. Funny how they were too busy because of E3 to do it like this the last two weeks but days before E3 they seem to have all the time in the world. Go figure…

JSEVERITT said:

June 3rd, 9:25 pm

Well, generally you’d want to have your ducks in a row more than a couple days before the show. That would explain why they’ve been too busy the past few weeks, but have time now.

YODA798907 said:

June 2nd, 4:02 pm

Please update the PlayStation Vue app on Roku!!!

BleedzOrange said:

June 2nd, 4:13 pm

Can anybody post where to find pics or a video of Neighborhorde? I can find anything when I Google and it changes the spelling everytime lol

paperwarior said:

June 2nd, 8:30 pm

Someone tell the devs of Jump Stars that there’s already a couple games called almost that.

Aero_Guardian17 said:

June 2nd, 9:17 pm

FINALLY! The WipEout Omega Collection is finally here! :D

Arn_1 said:

June 3rd, 5:14 am

Wipeout for sure. That’s Playstation’s Mario Kart for adults.

KLEEBANKLIBAN said:

June 3rd, 10:12 am

I haven’t played it, but looking at a quick video of gameplay it looks a lot more like the PlayStation answer to Nintendo’s F-Zero. Literally everything I see is the same, vehicle’s tracks, environments.. the developer 100% used F-Zero as their inspiration. Good call. F-Zero is a great franchise.. the racing is intensely fast and brutally unforgiving, and I assume that carried over to Wipeout as well. I will have to check it out.

siriusbee said:

June 3rd, 6:09 am

“Plant, harvest, and trade in crops, *including for the first time sunflowers*.”

Omg! Sunflowers!

JSEVERITT said:

June 3rd, 9:28 pm

Pft… PvZ has had sunflowers since its release!

NerdyJustin said:

June 3rd, 9:20 am

downloading Wipeout Omega Collection for sure. I still play the old Wipeout games constantly. Specially on the old PSP. Curious to the price tag though.. Regardless, I shall buy it.

Phoenyx_13 said:

June 3rd, 10:27 am

its $40. if you are going to buy it at launch, go and preorder it . get some free stuff

Phoenyx_13 said:

June 3rd, 10:25 am

Plague Road only on Vita? what happened to the ps4 version? is it cross-buy? super crazy week for me. I’m grabbing dirt 4, plague road, wipeout, perception, and randall. I already have victory vran otherwise I would grab that as well. happy gaming everybody.

gohan16ken said:

June 3rd, 3:26 pm

In the previous two The Drop blog, you had “The Last Blade” coming out. However, it never came out. Is it no longer coming? Thanks.

KBG29 said:

June 4th, 10:49 pm

Special Delivery and Wipeout OC for me.

Also looking forward to Beauty and the Beast (2017). It is coimg out this week, surprised it is not listed.

jim488 said:

June 5th, 7:41 am

i may be one of the few who holds this position, but i think Sony and the development teams putting out Wipeout Omega Collection could have done a better job with the promotion of this game. you look at a franchise like Dirt and Codemasters had this game in the hands of youtubers well before lanunch, and anything you wanted to know about Dirt 4 is out there for you to peruse. with Wipeout there are launch trailers, a few Playstation Access videos and not much else. Granted, it’s yet just another face lift to an iconic series, but if it doesn’t sell well, and they look back and say lack of sales on this one was the reason they’re not going to make a new Wipeout game, they’ll only have themselves to blame. i never played 2048, because i’ve never owned a vita, and i’m still on the fence about purchasing omega collection, and they say they want to appeal to the crowd who never had a chance to play these 3 games. well, i’m here to tell you, even though i’ve played hd and fury, it would have been nice to hear a little more about the GAME, instead of just how pretty it looks.

jim488 said:

June 5th, 7:42 am

*launch

AgentX said:

June 5th, 10:33 am

It’s nice to see The Drop is back to its “normal” format.

This looks to be a healthy week for gaming. I’m on the edge of my seat for Wipeout Omega Collection, myself, but there is a great assortment of games in this group of new releases.

Zemus101 said:

June 5th, 10:52 am

Waiting patiently for Patapon :)

jim488 said:

June 5th, 12:35 pm

to amend my previous comment, slightly… i’d like to thank Sony for allowing reviewers to have copies of Wipeout Omega Collection the day before launch, allowing for those of us who were on the fence about making a purchase, to make a more educated decision. ironically, i pre-ordered it minutes before the multiple reviews started to land. still, though, my purchase has been reinforced as a good purchase. and i’ll take that, instead of being anxious until midnight. ha.

greycell said:

June 6th, 4:35 am

Holy crap Wipeout Omega.

To be honest there isn’t a huge apparent difference to me between PS3 and PS4 Wipeout HD. I definitely spotted some nice detail I couldn’t see before, but the overall look and style is basically the same to me. I’d have to compare them side to side to really spot a difference. (That said, it loads way faster on PS4.)

But, Omega is SO worth it to me for the HD takes on 2048! I LOVE the Vita, but I just couldn’t play Wipeout 2048 on it for me. The main problem is that with the controls and my big hands I couldn’t play without constantly triggering the rear camera.

Playing 2048 with a proper controller is fantastic. And it looks appreciably more gorgeous and has a high framerate on the PS4. So happy. Worth buying Omega to me just to play 2048 properly, it’s basically like a new game at this point. (Also the courses are appreciably really different from HD & Fury.)

mindsignals said:

June 11th, 2:28 pm

This has to be the crappiest release month I have seen in as long as I can remember, particularly for the Vita. Wow…worthless. How disappointing.

mindsignals said:

June 11th, 2:28 pm

PS Plus included releases is what I’m referring to, for the month of June.