Knack 2

Jun 06

Jun 06

A Thank You to All Our Fans: New Gold PS4, 9 Days of Epic Deals

The Days of Play have begun! For a limited time, snag some big discounts on games and PS hardware (including the new gold PS4).

John Koller's Avatar Posted by Vice President, PlayStation Brand Marketing, SIEA

We’re pleased to introduce our Days of Play campaign, a first of its kind global promotion, bringing you some amazing PlayStation deals just as summertime is getting into full swing. Haven’t jumped into the PlayStation 4 community yet? Or maybe you want to add some of the great PS4 games that have recently launched? Now’s the time! Starting June 9, major retailers across U.S. and Canada will offer discounts on hardware, peripherals, and PS4 exclusive games – all the way through June 17. This campaign is a thank you from us to the passionate PlayStation community for your unwavering support – it’s all of you that makes PlayStation the best place to play, and led to the huge success of games like Horizon Zero Dawn.

Horizon Zero DawnNiohMLB The Show 17

On June 9 as part of this event, we will be introducing a new slim Gold PS4 system with 1TB of HDD storage, which will launch with a limited-time promotional price of $249.99 USD (MSRP) / $329.99 CAD (MSRP). The system comes with a matching DualShock 4 wireless controller, and will be available for a limited time only. Make sure not to miss out.

Gold 1TB PS4

What’s more, PlayStation Store will be offering awesome deals for digital blockbuster games and PlayStation Plus memberships starting June 9. Stay tuned for a blog post on June 9 for more info.
In the meantime, here’s the full list of retailer-specific deals being offered throughout the 9 days:

Gold 1TB PS4Gold 1TB PS4Gold 1TB PS4

• Slim PlayStation 4 system in Gold with 1TB HDD – $249.99 USD (MSRP) / $329.99 CAD (MSRP)
  • DualShock 4 wireless controller (all colors) – $39.99 USD (MSRP) / $49.99 CAD (MSRP)
  • Gold Wireless Stereo Headset (Jet Black) – $79.99 USD (MSRP) / $79.99 CAD (MSRP)
  • Nioh, Horizon Zero Dawn, MLB: The Show – $39.99 USD (MSRP) / $49.99 CAD (MSRP)
  • Catalog titles – check with your local retailer

Gold 1TB PS4

Thank you again for all your tremendous support and happy gaming!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

cusman said:

June 6th, 6:16 am

Why isn’t there a Gold PS4 Pro?

sunjay140 said:

June 6th, 8:08 am

Because almost no one buys the PS4 Pro.

paulogy said:

June 6th, 8:22 am

Because the Pro is already gold, on the inside ;-)

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

June 6th, 8:57 am

more people have pros now then regular ps4s. this is to get the stragglers that may be left picking a system before the holidays. then they crank out the actually holiday sales.

MohAsim said:

June 6th, 9:02 am

How can i buy this in India? please and thanks for helping

AgardianBorn said:

June 6th, 9:22 am

That is incorrect, theres more people with the standard PS4 then the Pro.

Budapesti said:

June 6th, 9:43 am

PS4 Pro accounts for about 1 in 5 of PS4 sales since it launched last year, therefore there is absolutely no way that more people have the pro than the vanilla PS4. It’s not even close.

Isdzo123 said:

June 6th, 2:45 pm

cause they want to sell more of the slims. btw will EU get those deals too?

uptownsoul said:

June 6th, 4:29 pm

Can’t wait to see all the deals!!!

McNaireP25 said:

June 6th, 5:13 pm

@paulogy you’re response is “golden” LOL – PS4 Pro – Gold on the inside hehehe – I would so buy this though – if I wasn’t broke – but if I’m to upgrade from the original PS4 I would go straight to Pro and done tbh…

BearWolf2898 said:

June 7th, 7:21 am

Is the golden playstation 4 gonna be available in Mexico? I really want to buy it since it’s going to be my first ps4 :3

BearWolf2898 said:

June 7th, 7:23 am

SuperJamaican said:

June 6th, 6:29 am

Nice Sony, I have Nioh and Horizon but now I’ll pick MLB the show on sale.

singhb13 said:

June 6th, 6:30 am

Nioh horizon and MLB for $40. Is it digital deal in PlayStation store?

XxTigerheartxX said:

June 6th, 9:48 am

Lol I also have Horizon and Nioh Deluxe Editions. So hopefully these upcoming sales have something great for us.

Lowe0 said:

June 6th, 6:46 am

“The Days of Play have begun! ”

“Starting June 9”

This must be some new meaning of the word “begun” of which I was previously unaware.

WeezyFjr said:

June 6th, 9:51 am

Lol I was thinking the same thing… It has begun!!! in 3 days.

makarushi said:

June 6th, 7:07 am

Nice!

Zen_Hydra said:

June 6th, 7:15 am

Is there a gold PS4 Pro model?

akab211 said:

June 6th, 7:16 am

I cant wait to see the digital deals! I’ve waited for soms time for an awesome sale!

DerpTheDoc said:

June 6th, 7:24 am

Does it come in 4k?

KidCommando said:

June 6th, 7:27 am

Thank You Playstation!

Not in the market for another PS4, especially a gold one(ick!), but definitely curious to see what digital sales you have planned. Will be tuned in on the 9th and E3 is coming!

The hype is mounting…

saab01 said:

June 6th, 7:28 am

Has the joysticks on the controllers been resolved ? Every controller I have the rubber wears out and now it’s just plastic. Not that comfortable to game with.

Bananafisherman said:

June 6th, 8:51 am

I usually pick up those rubber nubs you can place on top of the sticks. It’s a bit chintzy, I know, but it displaces the wear onto something cheap and replaceable.

killtron21 said:

June 6th, 4:44 pm

There was a soft recall within about 4 months of the release of the ps4 that fixed that issue with the ripping. Now there has even been a 3rd update to the controllers. Its hard to notice the change on all of them the first controller was a shiny base, the second had more of a dull matt base and bumpy textured sticks, the third has a little window slice in the touch bar to let in light from the light bar, also on the packaging you can see this detail in the illustration on the back of the package to tell if it’s the 3rd version of the controller, sorry don’t have the SKU numbers any more.

WaRLoRd_B-128 said:

June 7th, 10:04 pm

My L toggle had the bottom 1/3 of the plastic toggle brake off and then it eats toggle covers . VERY PAINFUL to play w and my bf4 controller from ps has the L1 n R1 triggers mounted too high and messes w arthritis and R trigger finger injuries …Can ps design a controller for users w arthritis in mind . I’D BE HAPPY TO TEST
    So Other disabled autistic vets can concentrate on game play n not hand pain .
    So I feel ur pain Bruh :(

Hayterfan said:

June 6th, 7:32 am

Been meaning to pick up a extra controller again. Curious to see the digital deals though.

wwwdotjames said:

June 6th, 7:39 am

EPIC LOL!!! Define EPIC… When is the last time Playstation gave us fans an EPIC deal? I bought the PS4 for $399.99 and you wanna sell me a gold PS4 for $249.99???

sciteach said:

June 6th, 4:13 pm

i hear ya. so these deals seem to be to get new fans, not celebrate the pre-existing fans from day 1!

lilpoppa502 said:

June 6th, 7:49 am

Any word of god of war PS4’s release?

Mando44646 said:

June 6th, 7:53 am

as if they’re going to randomly announce GoW’s release info in a random blog post a week before E3. Are you serious?

Mando44646 said:

June 6th, 7:52 am

seems like Best Buy is getting in on that action early

KnightRid said:

June 7th, 3:16 am

LOL, yep. Only saw Horizon and MLB though, not Nioh.

infamousgodV2_0 said:

June 6th, 7:54 am

You know what will be a nice thank you sony ? The ability to play are old PlayStation classics again without paying for them again either through PsNow or Remasters. Since you all no body would play old games i refuse to buy my old games again that includes Crash and wipeout remasters. If i wanna play them i’ll just hook up my old systems as everyone always said.

Shinobu-FF said:

June 6th, 7:54 am

looks ugly :/

samv33 said:

June 6th, 7:55 am

The Gold headset is currently $72 at Amazon.

Xcaligamer1 said:

June 6th, 7:56 am

I wanna be excited for gold ps4 I really do but at this point I’m looking to get a pro. Wish that had been gold

briefamu said:

June 6th, 7:59 am

I am soooooooooooo stoked! Wish I had heads up so I could have preordered it. Thanks SONY :)

paulogy said:

June 6th, 8:25 am

Nice! $40 for a DS4 is an awesome price. Might pick up a couple more to fill out my couch co-op sessions :-)

Hope you all have a great E3! Less than a week away now :-D

darkbayori said:

June 6th, 8:29 am

A gold pro console would have been awesome too

Superstone said:

June 6th, 8:51 am

Give us a new handheld please. I’m thinking about buying a Switch but waiting to see if Sony has any announcements. I’d rather support Sony.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

June 6th, 9:01 am

I wouldn’t be eager to jump to nintendo yet for the switch. They are having major issues with the screen, the bay and the c port. all major components pretty much, I would like one for the new monster hunter but I’m holding off till the fix at least the biggest errors the screen and there c port.

Occhi07 said:

June 6th, 12:41 pm

@Jisatsu_Kiddo I’m definitely interested in the Nintendo Switch too, especially the 1st party games, even though remasters/ports from the Wii U (because I didn’t have one). However, I’m also waiting to make sure that they support the console and they fix any problems, and it has 3rd party support. I also want it to be a bit cheaper. I bought a Vita day 1, and I’m not making that mistake again.

sam_mo said:

June 6th, 9:51 am

”Global Promotion” (only in US and Canada)?? Will Europe get any deals?

Garrido02 said:

June 6th, 3:11 pm

you understand that you are on the US blog right?

LilChile said:

June 6th, 10:36 am

You can already buy the PS4 Gold headset from amazon for $72 so I don’t really understand this “sale” from Sony?

bajor27 said:

June 6th, 10:56 am

That looks suspiciously like Karen.

SidNightwalker said:

June 6th, 11:34 am

Only an absolute fool would get a PS4 slim. Why not a discounted PS4 Pro? Oh I know why, because you’re clueless, Sony. If you want to really show your customers that you care about them, start offering quality games on PS Plus again. Because right now I’m seriously considering just getting a Xbox One S with their Xbox Pass. I never thought I’d be considering that.

Occhi07 said:

June 6th, 12:43 pm

I remember a friend got my 3 months of plus for my birthday back in like 2011, and I activated it and was amazed by the games I could get. there were about 15 ps3 and then 6 vita games in rotation at all times. None of this 2 games a month crap. Also, there were AAA and first party games, not just indie games. I have both Borderlands and Infamous games on my ps3, I have all 4 games through PS+. What games do I have now? Rocket League? Tales from the Borderlands? Don’t really play any other freebies anymore.

Raffen79 said:

June 6th, 12:04 pm

What kinda deals can we look forward to in Europe?

Hazard2050 said:

June 6th, 12:33 pm

Where do I buy it at?

mschulze0 said:

June 6th, 12:34 pm

(weak) discounts aren’t exactly a thank you.

Redwomanoye1 said:

June 6th, 12:54 pm

So anyone knows where they are going to be selling this console? My daughter wants a ps4 for her birthday and gold would make the present even sweeter.

YURY2311 said:

June 6th, 1:04 pm

Where can i buy 1000 Pcs for re-seal? Tnx.

iAMDaBeST-LT said:

June 6th, 1:42 pm

Please give us a gold ps4 pro! I will definitely upgrade

wookiewok4 said:

June 6th, 3:34 pm

I’m grateful for the discounts. I’ll likely pick up HZD for $40. An even better thank you, though, would be to go back to offering more top notch games through PlayStation Plus. Back near the end of 2013 and into 2014, we were getting games like Borderlands 2, Ico & Shadow of the Colossus, Resogun, Bioshock: Infinite, Batman: Arkham City, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Dead Space 3, and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, just to name a few. That point in time, in my opinion, was the high point for PS Plus. It hasn’t been the same since.

I_SPY_CR33P3RS said:

June 7th, 6:05 pm

@wookiewok4

I agree with you there. I feel ever since they became #1 top selling console franchise with the ps4, they dropped the worth of the monthly free games for PS+. Doesn’t seem like they try anymore now cause their the “top dogs” agaisnt their rival companies.

xxnike629xx said:

June 6th, 3:45 pm

Dear PlayStation,
Please do a permanent price cut of the PS4 Pro and PS4 Slim.
Thanks.
I’d like to upgrade my PS4 (standard) to a PS4 Pro. But it’s still quite expensive.

killtron21 said:

June 6th, 4:50 pm

I would wait after what MS does with Scorpio, would not be shocked if Sony does a $50 off deal on Pro.
    Then do a trade in. I did it last year and only had to pay $200 towards Pro.

YODA798907 said:

June 6th, 4:00 pm

Please update the PlayStation Vue app on Roku!!!

Tatanka2007 said:

June 6th, 6:26 pm

PS4 Gold looks sweet. That said, PS4 Pro is such a better experience. I still use my PS4 because for some titles, it doesn’t make much of a difference. For others, PS4 Pro is the best way to game. If you’re on the fence, get the Pro. On the other hand, if you want an unreleased console with no launch titles and sad exclusives, well, you really don’t want that.

DBX_Slayer said:

June 6th, 10:01 pm

Damn Ps4 slim, gold with 1 TB when summer begin’s and I was gonna gets regular to like 300

ushercrazy said:

June 6th, 10:48 pm

will there be a limited ammount of gold ps4s?

Xellz999 said:

June 7th, 12:09 am

Is it made of real gold tho?

topes521 said:

June 7th, 12:14 am

What retailers are participating in The Days of Play?

Tacad said:

June 7th, 4:55 pm

Seems like a decent deal, but I’ve waited this long by not having a PS4. It would seem a bit silly of me to not get the PS4 Pro at a discount. I’ll wait for that. Heck, if Sony does an exclusive PS4 4 Pro Gran Turismo edition with GT Sport bundled in for $400, I would be all over that.

Jdawgrogers88 said:

June 7th, 7:11 pm

I would like to get the silver ps4 but its not available in U.S.

xxDFAxx said:

June 7th, 8:24 pm

Only a slim? Where the love for the Pro? Should be a gold Pro with a 2tb HDD or even better a 1tb SSD

WaRLoRd_B-128 said:

June 7th, 9:55 pm

This should be a Ps4 PRO gold for 300 as the PS5
Is slated for 2018 anyways …1 yr to wait .
Hwvr if the PS5 doesn’t come 4k native w 4khddr then forget it and go pc .
PS needs to show its console users they still care .
I don’t care about skins ….period
Wow its Gold lol
I would have loved to have seen the ps titanium headset here too . The Ps gold hdst is a good buy Hwvr
I wish it came w a charge cord that u could keep plugged in .
Prove your loyal Ps and remaster bf4 w 6 new maps, improve security against mods n hacks and fix the spawn issues …totally predictable n so is BF1
WARLORD B-128

Xing_Drifter248 said:

June 8th, 1:10 am

Sorry to say, I won’t be getting the gold edition. No point. I have a standard and it has a 2TB, works just fine. To me there is no point in getting a Pro. The normal PS4’s work just fine.

LegendaryDabber said:

June 8th, 3:09 am

Where will this be selling at? cause i live in Australia, NSW. And can you buy it at EB Games?
please tell me i need to know because im gonna get my first ps4!

Matron_Malice_ said:

June 8th, 11:10 am

Might pick up a controller, since I have everything I want on sale. I know Gamestop has the Gold Slims at the sale price, its advertised on their app. I wonder how limited the Gold models will be, I have a feeling they might come back during the holidays.

Matron_Malice_ said:

June 8th, 11:12 am

Might pick up a controller, since I have everything I’d have wanted on the sale. I know Gamestop has the Gold Slims at the sale price, its advertised on their app. I wonder how limited the Gold models will be, I have a feeling they might come back during the holidays.

TheAnimeister said:

June 8th, 5:31 pm

Gold? Seems a bit tacky. Kinda like Donald Drumpf. Where’s my white Destiny 2 PS Pro???

PirateBootys said:

June 9th, 2:20 am

Anyone know when MLB The Show will go on sale?

PAGE 1 2