PlayStation VR

Jun 06

Jun 06

Wipeout Omega Collection Launches Today

The remastered collection hits PS4 today (with 4K and HDR support on PS4 Pro). Join us for 15 minutes of gameplay — but please don't judge us.

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Wipeout is a series that means a lot of things to a lot of people. One of my fondest gaming memories is seeing the original game for the first time at a friend’s house on his spankin’ new PlayStation. So, it’s especially gratifying to celebrate the launch of Wipeout Omega Collection, a remastered look back at three of the series’ recent entries. 4K and HDR support on PS4 Pro mean that revisiting Wipeout HD, Fury and 2048 feels like an entirely new experience — and if you’re got a compatible display it’ll be a heck of a showcase for it.

Join us in this new episode of PlayStation Underground, where I put my racing reputation on the line to show off my decades of racing expertise. I mean, I work at PlayStation so naturally I’ll be good at Wipeout, right?

Right?

Add Your Own

stooby_mcdooby said:

June 6th, 9:33 am

Feels great to be back playing some Wipeout. The lack of online matchmaking is baffling to me though. I want to convince friends to pick it up as well but then we would be spending half our time sitting in a lobby, waiting for it to fill with other players. This is made necessary because AI bots aren’t used in online matches. wtf

Robbie_G_lrish said:

June 6th, 9:39 am

Wipeout HD/Fury is still my favourite racing game. I know it looked good on PS3 but I really didn’t expect the game to look this good graphically. Even the 2048 stuff looks good. It was a little brutal watching Justin race, but I still had a smile on my face the whole time.

KazeEternal said:

June 6th, 9:52 am

If this was a new full featured wipeout game I’d be more excited.

brn-dn said:

June 6th, 10:03 am

I feel like a game like this should have a demo. The PlayStation Underground video is nice but it seems like something I would want to actually play and feel for myself before buying it.

Mixtikz said:

June 6th, 1:03 pm

Excellent remaster, missed good zero G racing; only improvement I’d like is to have the Original soundtracks available (maybe DLC?) the new soundtrack is good but not of the caliber of the original ones.

YODA798907 said:

June 6th, 4:01 pm

Please update the PlayStation Vue app on Roku!!!

NerdyJustin said:

June 6th, 5:53 pm

it is a shame, as a few others have pointed out, that there is no demo. however, being a Wipeout player since the beginning, I’m not worried about needing proof before purchase of it being worthy of my cheddar.

lilj2626 said:

June 6th, 6:44 pm

Is it 60fps or 30???

dragon_night said:

June 7th, 6:35 pm

Error code prevented me from adding to cart and successfully preordering…..very upset

JONNY010101 said:

June 11th, 4:07 am

Does anyone else find that the air-breaks do too much and the actual steering does too little?