Farpoint

Jun 15

Jun 15

Destiny 2: E3 Trailer, PS Exclusives Detailed

Watch the new trailer for Destiny 2 and see some of the sweet, sweet loot PlayStation players will be able to pick up come September 6.

DeeJ's Avatar Posted by Bungie

Greetings, PlayStation Nation! This is DeeJ, reporting from E3 where we just introduced you to the enemy you’ll face in Destiny 2.

Meet Dominus Ghaul.

This all-new adventure kicks off with a surprise attack on the City. You’re about to face the most dreaded foe we’ve ever sent against the Guardians. To mount a counter-attack and take back our home, you’ll need to venture back into the wild to master new forms of combat, collect some new loot, and reunite our forces. We know you’re up to the challenge.

To help you prepare for the final battle against the Cabal Empire, we’ll have some PlayStation exclusives to augment your experience. On PlayStation 4, you’ll find an additional competitive multiplayer map, a three-player cooperative Strike, a blue and white colored ship, specialized gear sets, and an exclusive exotic weapon. Check ‘em out:

Your chance to experience the action for yourself will be in the Destiny 2 Beta. You can be among the first to play on July 18 if you pre-order. We’re looking for every Guardian, new or returning, to join this adventure. If you’re a veteran of the Tower, or have studied our community from afar, this is a great time to join us as a protector of humanity. This new journey across the solar system and back begins on September 6.

Be brave!

Add Your Own

ICE_KOLD_KILLA92 said:

June 15th, 9:59 am

Why was the release date moved up by 2 days to September 6th?

KidCommando said:

June 15th, 10:04 am

I only game on Playstation, but exclusive content for any game on any platform is super ultra mega lame.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

June 15th, 10:28 am

they get what they did two generations in a row , so i don’t feel for them. these are very minor things anyway.

sandkwithhp said:

June 15th, 7:29 pm

“they get what they did two generations in a row , so i don’t feel for them.”

Welmosca said:

June 16th, 10:34 pm

Pff the only thing lame here is your comment.

Fuhr31 said:

June 17th, 8:36 am

Exclusives should never be celebrated by gamers. Exclusives are for the platform owner only. Cutting content away from other gamers does not improve my gaming experience in any way.

rd-kryten said:

June 17th, 4:58 pm

To the people saying the exclusive content is “lame”. The exclusive content is a business decision and it is more than fair considering the competition did far worse.

Anyone remember the deals to hold back Mass Effect 1 and TitanFall from ever being played on Playstation consoles?

Braden06 said:

June 17th, 5:16 pm

It’s very simple. Microsoft started it and Sony is finishing it. I don’t like the practice but it’s business and the best place to play with or without exclsuive content is THE PS4.

ShaukDotDJ said:

June 18th, 4:51 pm

This reeks of false righteousness. Anyone who bought a playstation knew what they were doing, this is the platform to get for exclusives, exclusive games, exclusive content, exclusive services. period. You can’t buy in and then act like you’re too good for what you bought.

Lord_Orpheo said:

June 20th, 9:41 am

What’s done is done. What I would really like to see is cross-platform play. One of my closest gaming buddies is only on X-Box and I’m only PlayStation, it would be fun having a game we could play together.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

June 21st, 6:58 am

“The players didn’t do anything two generations in a row, the platform-holders did. Players on all platforms get the short-end of these policies that serve nothing but the financial interests of giant corporations.”

do you lack reading comprehension? point where i said players… just don’t fall from your soap box.

AmericanNinja1 said:

June 15th, 10:48 am

Can’t wait for D2! As a PS4 only gamer I’m loving the PS4 exclusives! Keep’em coming!

LEFT__4__DEAD__2 said:

June 15th, 11:42 am

My Destiny 2 is already pre ordered :) I like destiny lore.

Xcaligamer1 said:

June 15th, 12:39 pm

Statement on clans a few weeks back still has me iffy and now I hear some lore will just be shelved… Not completely sold on this

sandkwithhp said:

June 15th, 7:31 pm

Lore shelved? Can you elaborate (or direct me to a news story)?

Hakumen__ said:

June 15th, 12:59 pm

Will more balance changes take place on the original Destiny after Destiny 2’s launch?

I really hope that a greater focus is given to PVE by then, since I’m not really interested in the Crucible.

Welmosca said:

June 16th, 10:42 pm

You serious?…after Destiny 2’s launch expect them to forget the 1st Destiny ever existed lol.

quickfire123 said:

June 15th, 4:00 pm

Already pre-order the Limited Edition.
Hoping for more Mara Sov, new elements like Cyro or Radioactive, and more planets/enemy races than shown.

Can you guys reduce the limited exclusivity to like 3 months, 1 year is messed up. This is not a good business practice and messed up to your fan on other platforms, especially the exotic being exclusive.

Emerald_Swords said:

June 18th, 4:58 am

We won’t be seeing Mara Sov in the sequel. Been confirmed by Luke Smith already.

Kaiylw0lf said:

June 15th, 6:07 pm

So………..don’t care about the exclusivity in the sense of accessibility, but this would mean that a player on any other console would have a less complete Grimoire…People who want to 100% everything in a game as expansive as this would be unable to do so with the fact that these are PS4 exclusive.

yoshman777 said:

June 17th, 6:49 pm

Pretty sure they said they were getting rid of Grimoire cards so not sure what your complaint is…

YODA798907 said:

June 15th, 6:34 pm

Please update the PlayStation Vue app on Roku!!!

Welmosca said:

June 16th, 10:40 pm

Yeah that’s the deal and a thing I always liked about Destiny.These exclusives look cool.Wish these were exclusive forever though.When is the open beta starting for everybody?…

KLEEBANKLIBAN said:

June 17th, 8:48 am

For what my feedback is worth, I also vote Destiny exclusivity be limited to three months. Maybe work out a deal so more of the content is exclusive to us, but for a shorter time.

Kool_DUDE-12 said:

June 17th, 9:07 am

destiny 2 is going to be cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool as ever man
everything is going to change when destiny 2 comes out story’s powers bosses enemy’s and alot of other things as well

SpeedRacer1955 said:

June 17th, 1:57 pm

09061955 is the day I came forth from my mother’s womb.

atomicfrags said:

June 18th, 12:12 pm

I wanna write up a review of this literally on my blog

I’m excited! :D