God of War

Jun 21

Jun 21

Cities: Skylines is Bringing its Creativity and Strategy to PS4

The award-winning city-builder launches later this year on PS4, including its "After Dark" expansion.

Niklas Lundström's Avatar Posted by Producer - Cities Skylines, Paradox Interactive

Hello, Players and Mayors! The team here at Paradox Interactive is delighted to announce that your demands have now become official city policy: we’re bringing our award-winning city-builder to your favorite console in Cities: Skylines – PlayStation 4 Edition!

At Paradox, strategy and creativity are the core of what we do, and judging from the amount of requests we’ve had to release Cities: Skylines on the PS4, they’re passions shared by this community as well. We’ve been hard at work making sure the roads are smooth and the turbines are tuned, so that everything is ready when you build your first city block — but rest assured, the game is looking and playing great on a controller. When you pull back and watch the sun rise over the bustling city you’ve built from the ground up, it’s going to look truly inspiring on the big screen.

There’s more to Cities: Skylines, of course, than just zoning districts and placing your roads into a neat grid (or using them to spell out your name). Want to build the all-green-energy and self-sustaining town of the future? Have a diabolical plan to build a dam across the river and funnel wastewater into your tourism district? We’ve even seen an entire town of services and infrastructure built around just one house! Cities: Skylines is a game all about setting up plans and policies to create a metropolis that’s uniquely your own, and we can’t wait to see what PlayStation players are capable of.

When the game arrives later this year, you’ll get not only a controller-friendly version of Cities: Skylines, but also the tourism and nightlife features from the After Dark expansion. Your thriving community will need some places to unwind once the sun goes down, after all. Please, though, make sure you put in enough taxis and trains to let them get home safely!

We’ll have more info soon on the launch, and then you’ll be able to find the game in the store of your choice, or download it directly from the PlayStation Store. Until then, brush up on your civic engineering and prepare your campaign speeches — the mayor’s office awaits!

Add Your Own

DragoonSV said:

June 21st, 7:11 am

First. Will the PS4 version of Cities: Skylines will get the expansion packs (Snowfall, Natural Disasters, and Mass Transit) in the future?

whatasandwich21 said:

June 21st, 7:47 am

Been waiting for this announcement for a year. Coupled with Tropico6, Surviving Mars, and Aven Colony. It’s going to be a good couple of years for city management fans.

Vyprstryke said:

June 21st, 8:11 am

Will this version use the touchpad on the ps4 controller?

mossiprose said:

June 21st, 11:02 am

This will probably be controller based, and will probably not use the touchpad in any meaningful way. However, the controls for console are fantastic and you will not get a lesser experience.

Fuhr31 said:

June 21st, 9:12 am

Great to hear that this is coming to PS4. I will wait a bit after release to see how good this was ported for console (UI, font, etc.) and how buggy. And what the price is…

Will the Mass Transit expansion be available on PS4?

mossiprose said:

June 21st, 11:01 am

It is is built like the xbox one version, interface, UI and general controls feel great. I have built several cities and it runs like a dream. Cant wait to have this on my PS4 too. Its a great game and worth it for any fan of Sim City

blackhawk004 said:

June 21st, 1:06 pm

Can’t wait for this game. Will it get ps4 pro support?

OverlordYT_ said:

June 21st, 2:10 pm

Can’t wait for it!!! I bought the game on steam for.my PC, but it does not work so this will be a big jump for me to pkay it! Hope everyone enjoys this, I know I will!!

crystal0skull said:

June 21st, 7:00 pm

I love variety on my PS4 and this will be a nice addition to my collection.
Looking forward to playing a great city builder on Playstation!

Kid_Fleetfoot said:

June 22nd, 7:01 am

When I did a search on YouTube for this game, I found some long videos for the Steam version. It looks good to be sure.
However if it doesn’t have a drive a vehicle option or walking avatar option, I might pass it by depending on price and comments by others.

Fuhr31 said:

June 22nd, 8:10 am

It’s disappointing that noone from Paradox could be bothered to read or reply to anyone here.

phade2blaq said:

June 22nd, 6:09 pm

I hope this is better than Big City Stories!

nickoslllooo said:

June 23rd, 6:01 am

Can i have a beta version until the game comes out ?

guitarded77 said: