PlayStation VR

Jul 06

Jul 06

Horizon Zero Dawn Patch 1.30 Adds New Game+, Face Paint Options, Ultra Hard Difficulty, More

The new patch for Guerrilla's open world hit adds the highly anticipated New Game+ mode, as well as Ultra-Hard difficulty, face paint options, and more.

Jeroen Roding's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, Guerrilla

We were so excited to be able to announce the upcoming Horizon Zero Dawn expansion, The Frozen Wilds, at E3 last month. As we were wrapping Horizon Zero Dawn, we had a lot of ideas for new characters, quests, and places for Aloy to discover, so we started to develop The Frozen Wilds. We can’t wait for you to experience the dangerous frigid lands to the north!

While we’re hard at work on The Frozen Wilds, we have also been working on something else…

As of today, you can download patch 1.30 which includes additional fixes to progression issues which some of you may have encountered. However, it also includes the highly anticipated New Game+ option.

With New Game+ you will be able to relive the adventures of Aloy without losing your character progression and your collected inventory. You won’t be able to progress beyond the level cap of 50, but you can still collect XP during your adventure.

We have also added updated versions of existing weapons and outfits with an extra modification slot at your disposal. These will not come cheap and will set you back some extra shards.

Horizon Zero Dawn Patch 1.30

Horizon Zero Dawn Patch 1.30Horizon Zero Dawn Patch 1.30

Before embarking on a new quest you can manually adjust the difficulty level to your liking. For players who seek an extra challenge, we are also introducing an ‘Ultra Hard’ difficulty. This new setting will enhance machine senses and behavior and other additional smaller tweaks. Players who decide to embark on the Ultra Hard path will not have the option to switch it to a less difficult setting when choosing New Game+. People choosing to play normal game will still have the ability to change back to an easier difficulty.

New Game+ also comes with two new Trophies and extra unlockable content that gives players the ability to add facepaint or change Aloy’s Focus.

Horizon Zero Dawn Patch 1.30

Horizon Zero Dawn Patch 1.30Horizon Zero Dawn Patch 1.30

Keep an eye on our Twitter or Facebook to stay up to date on new information on Horizon Zero Dawn.

Add Your Own

cusman said:

July 6th, 5:10 am

I’ll be waiting patiently for The Frozen Wilds DLC

RaidenReturns said:

July 6th, 7:16 am

I just want an option to marry her to that sun king aloy queen would be awesome

Jehem30 said:

July 10th, 3:02 am

I still want to ride a Thunderjaw. Please make that happen :)

Lasor said:

July 6th, 5:13 am

Thank you for this, I can’t wait to fire this up and go for the new trophies! And take a bunch of new pictures on the way with the photo mode update :P

yrubin said:

July 6th, 5:23 am

AMAZING! thank you Guerrilla team for making this update. Absolutly amazing that you listen to the community needs, much appreciated!

Elvick_ said:

July 6th, 5:51 am

Awesome, new trophies and NG+ (something every game should have where applicable).

Now to go through now or wait for the expansion… hm

Elvick_ said:

July 6th, 5:58 am

now if only sony would send me my horizon plat theme

RGB_9 said:

July 6th, 5:57 am

Alright, I have a reason to play the game again! Awesome!!

Vizigoth04 said:

July 6th, 5:59 am

So, the game stays capped at level 50 but you still gain xp. Does all that xp show up eventually when the cap is lifted. Eesh. Me needs this information. Until then,. I’m waiting for the expansion.

TomHoang said:

July 6th, 6:06 am

Also noticed that you guys added the Horizon audio mode for the Gold and Platinum headsets. Would have been nice to have had them when I played through the first time, but you can bet I’ll be using it for New Game+

D-Squad3 said:

July 6th, 6:20 am

If you guys can add an “item wheel” that would be great. From the top of my head, there are 13 items to scroll from and it’s a bit tedious having to go through them one at a time especially during combat.

My suggestion would be to make the weapon wheel button to R1 and the “item wheel” button to R2. Then put both light and heavy attacks on L1. Tap L1 for a light attack and hold L2 for a heavy attack. I know this is easier said than done but it would make scrolling through items a lot more fluid.

If that method is too late to add to the game at this point, then I would ask if you guys could at least take away the animation of the items as you scroll though them that way it’s a bit more instant and takes away the slight delay when you’re trying to quickly navigate through them.

Thanks for making the game even better, due to my backlog, I’m actually glad I waited until recently to play this game because it’s even better than it was at launch.

D-Squad3 said:

July 6th, 6:32 am

Sorry I meant to say hold L1 for a Heavy Attack.

pacific_fighter said:

July 7th, 10:22 am

First of dont fix what is not broken, if you want the pad that way then mod or change your pad to how your mind works, dont be spoiling the game with tomany alterations that the game engine over loads as changing the weapon and attack wheel could damage the games playability, and wont be suitable for over 80% of those who play the game, people will leave the game on the shelf or sell it,

scipascapa said:

July 6th, 6:23 am

great news.

CrusaderForever said:

July 6th, 6:35 am

Amazing support for an equally amazing game! I was done with this after I got the Platinum, but now I am going to end up going through it again on the higher difficulty. Well done GG!! Thank you!

turniplord said:

July 6th, 6:38 am

New trophies….. why?!? Means I’ll have to rent the game and play through it again – if I still have my save for it – to keep the 100%. I’m guessing they will appear as a dlc set of trophies and won’t mess up the platinum?

Nucle377 said:

July 6th, 6:45 am

I hope, that isn’t trophies for new game + and for new insane difficulty.

ZanFear said:

July 6th, 8:29 am

Going for a platinum is one thing, but renting a game again just to keep 100% on the trophy list is beyond silly to me. And this would be DLC trophies, it won’t mess with the regular platinum list. I don’t think any game has actually done that, unless there are a very minute amount.

Cloud__Rulez said:

July 6th, 8:38 am

That’s exactly what they did. The 2 trophies are for new Game + and Ultra hard mode on NG+, but they’re listed like DLC. You keep your Plat, the overall % goes down to 95%, but the base game stays at 100%.

nik666uk said:

July 6th, 6:41 am

Been holding off on my 2nd playthrough hoping for this

Nucle377 said:

July 6th, 6:43 am

Why new Trophies ? Dont add them.

ZanFear said:

July 6th, 8:32 am

Don’t want them? Don’t try for them.

SnakeLocke said:

July 6th, 7:03 am

Please could you add an option to change weather or daytime? Now it’s possibile to change daytime only in the photomode, but not in the main game. It rains too often and I prefer playing with the sunlight, night is amazing but the default day/night cycle is too short. Thanks!

pickupdoctor said:

July 6th, 9:28 am

Keep playing then you will realize it does not rain too much. Other regions/territories have bit different weather patterns.

Konaurora said:

July 6th, 7:31 am

My Body is ready. I wonder if the Shield weaver will have an Adept version. This was such a great game. I cannot want to embark on another Journey with Aloy.

sam_online said:

July 6th, 7:39 am

Excellent! I will be firing up the Ultra Hard Mode thanks GG

CaptHowdy_91 said:

July 6th, 8:34 am

Absolutely fantastic! Been wanting NG+
Now the only thing on my wishlist are hairstyle options like what The Witcher 3 added

ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

July 6th, 9:03 am

At first, it wouldn’t let me start the NG+, it was just greyed out in my menu..

20 minutes later of thinking, now I can, nowhere it the article does it say you have to LOAD a completed save and then “create a NG+ loadout” in the Options menu.

SteveNaive said:

July 6th, 10:36 am

I’ve installed the patch, but game+ mode is disabled. I’ve got the Platinum trophy for the game, but I don’t have the game saves – probably because I’ve restarted the game on hard mode, and they’ve been overwritten. Is there any way for me to use game+ without re-doing the game?

Jeroen Roding's Avatar

Jeroen Roding said:

July 6th, 11:20 am

Only option is to still have a manual save from when you finished the game. If you load that one, create a NG+ Save you will be able to access it unfortunately.

Aero_Guardian17 said:

July 6th, 11:42 am

I already Platinumed the game and it is my favorite game of the year so far! I’ll be patiently waiting for anything on The Frozen Wilds DLC. I’ve already got it pre-ordered! Also, where is my Platinum theme? I’d really like to have it…

eilegz said:

July 6th, 11:49 am

good stuff, free content for those who enjoyed the game and have platinum already.

Centzon47 said:

July 6th, 12:00 pm

Are the new weapons and armor NG+ only? If not, which merchant sells them?

Jeroen Roding's Avatar

Jeroen Roding said:

July 7th, 12:13 am

The new weapons are NG+ only and your best changes of getting your hands on them are from merchants outside of the Embrace.

SteveNaive said:

July 6th, 12:08 pm

As I don’t have a save game anymore, is there any chance a patch will come out that checks awarded trophies and enables the game+ mode that way?

saab01 said:

July 6th, 2:01 pm

Amazing game by the way keep up the good work.

Oucha_Magoucha said:

July 6th, 4:10 pm

Thx!! #goty

ingridj_2000 said:

July 6th, 5:48 pm

I’ve installed the patch and now when I shoot bandits I can’t collect loot. Still get a purple smear in my HUD. Can still collect from animals, plants and boxes. Tried rebooting, rolling back to older saves, nothing.

Tatanka2007 said:

July 6th, 7:02 pm

There should be only one Game of the Year. We all know that game should be Horizon Zero Dawn. I can’t think of any game that I’ve played that surpasses it. Not on PC and certainly not on any other platform. As much as I love Persona 5, I still find Persona 4 Golden to be superior to P5, which only added some gimmicks and dragged out the gameplay.

I really admire what Guerilla has done with HZD. They continue to add layer of layer of shine after launch. They created not just a fun game but also coded a technical masterpiece. Hats off to them!!! Too many publisher/developers seem to care only about the big bucks at launch.

Starwind_Amada76 said:

July 7th, 2:01 am

I love how the primitive savage humans of the 31st century can use Bluetooth headsets (the Focus network) yet don’t have electricity.

Burmecian_Rat said:

July 7th, 2:14 am

I Ireally like the above suggestions of an expanded weapon wheel. This game almost has too many weapons.

I agree itt would also be nice to access the different poses and time of day any time in-game, not just in photo mode.

Finally, I think dawn/dusk could be improved in the lighting model so there’s more gradual gradients of light. The transitions to day/night are too abrupt.

Just a few suggestions. The game is a masterpiece.

Dr_TurtleDove said:

July 7th, 9:23 am

So, to get the NG+ trophies, will I have to redo every single side quest and errand as well? Or does the trophy only require completion of the main story? Also, if I go into Ultra Hard mode, I know it locks me in, will I be locked into Ultra Hard for the expansion later on as well? Sorry, I’m just a little fuzzy on how it all works.

Welmosca said:

July 7th, 12:53 pm

The addition of NG+ is some great news,me and ma brother we were talking about how the game should have NG+…ha is as if Guerrilla was reading our minds,1st the option to remove the horrible headpieces and now NG+ that is amazing but…

New trophies really?…why TF did you add them?…such unnecessary crap.Oh well I’ll be playing it again on NG+ ultra hard.

PS:Can’t wait for Frozen Wilds and please release the avatars available to europe in the US.The avatar you get by pre-ordering Frozen Wilds is just dumb with that headpiece.

Jehem30 said:

July 10th, 3:04 am

Make us ride/mount the Thunderjaw! hahaha

Kid_Grim said:

July 11th, 12:45 am

Dang it!!!!! Now I have to go get 2 more trophies seriously, as if the first platinum wasn’t enough trouble…. I know it sounds as if I’m complaining, but I’m really not.