God of War

Jul 10

Jul 10

New Nioh DLC Out July 25: Adds New Weapon, Armor, Yokai, Trophies & More

Defiant Honor takes us to Osaka Castle and adds a new weapon, new armor, new guardian spirits... and, of course, new Yokai to challenge.

Tom Lee's Avatar Posted by Creative Director Team Ninja

Hey Samurai! It’s Tom from Team Ninja again. Hope you all enjoyed the Dragon of the North release last month. We appreciate the tremendous response from you guys and it’s encouraged us to keep working hard on developing fresh new content for your enjoyment. Having said that, I’m happy to say that we’re putting the finishing touches on our second DLC: Defiant Honor, available from July 25. And I’m really psyched for you guys to jump into this one!

Defiant Honor takes us to Osaka Castle, the largest and most impregnable castle of Sengoku era. This add-on features the legendary warrior Sanada Yukimura, serving Tokugawa Ieyasu’s archenemy Toyotomi clan, who values honor above all else. As tensions brew between the Tokugawa and Toyotomi clans, Sanada Yukimura prepares his men for imminent conflict against the Tokugawa’s forces by building a stronghold called the Sanada Maru on the outskirts of the Osaka Castle. With the castle fortified, Tokugawa’s forces were faced with a difficult and bloody challenge.

In the midst of this chaos, our hero William, accompanied by Date Masamune who fights alongside Tokugawa, heads towards Sanada Maru in pursuit of Maria. It is a bitter winter in Osaka and the stage is ripe for a fierce battle for the ages. Bundle up and get ready for a brutal winter showdown!

Nioh: Defiant Honor

This incredible clash would not be complete without providing you with the necessary ammo to wage an intense battle. Therefore, we will be delivering a deadly new weapon Tonfa, new armor, new magic items, guardian spirits and of course brand new Yokai and enemies to test your mettle!

New difficulty levels and Trophies will also be implemented for Defiant Honor. Legendary characters such as Sanada Yukimura who will later be revered as “the greatest warrior of all Japan” are included. All this action takes place within exciting new stages and numerous sub-missions! So, there’s plenty of combat to be held and new challenges to be mastered.

We really hope you’ll enjoy Defiant Honor – available to purchase from PlayStation Store for $9.99, or free if you own a Nioh Season pass. We put a lot into this and we can’t wait for you guys to check it out. So as always, sharpen your blades samurai and good luck defying death!

Add Your Own

Sonicfan11589 said:

July 10th, 5:13 am

So a winter battle eh, Winter is coming!

nicolaidianim said:

July 10th, 5:14 am

Congratulations for developing this great game! I’m about to finish the main campaign and can’t wait to play both DLCs. Really enjoyed it!

cusman said:

July 10th, 8:06 am

I need to get back to this game. Got side lined when Horizon Zero Dawn came out.

Shugi-sama said:

July 10th, 8:20 am

The legendary Sarutobi Sasuke appears! Ever since the teaser ending after Dragon of the North, I’ve been realy excited to fight him. Seems like Tonfas will be his chosen weapon, which seems like a nod to popular culture representation of the character. I hope the last DLC, which seems to be a continuation of this story brings the dual kodachi with lots of ninja combat manouvers to the mix because this very much tops the choice arsenal for William in this game. Can’t wait to play it!

lisatsunami said:

July 10th, 10:01 am

Nioh is seriously a great game. I didn’t know the 2nd DLC was coming this soon, so I am very happy about that. I’ve cut back my playing in the meantime, only playing every 5 days when the hardest Twilight Mission is available for co-op but pretty soon I’ll be playing every day again. Fantastic job and congratulations, Team Ninja!

DevilsMaySly said:

July 10th, 5:38 pm

Maria transformation, por favor!

I want a Yuki-onna one too but that’s a longshot.

The_Trainee said:

July 10th, 10:03 pm

I would LOVE a Maria transformation

And is that a new weapon i see? a leaf huh? maybe a fan weapon? that would be sweet too.

Rain206 said:

July 10th, 10:08 pm

Already have the season pass, great game. Might be the very first game i ever platinum, just need to collect those teakettle fragments!

I wonder how the Tonfa’s will be, i’ve been hoping for a martial arts bare handed class, but maybe the tonfa’s might come close?

whoswho said:

July 14th, 5:19 pm

I hope the level cap will go up to 500 +

LuuNguyenKhang said:

July 16th, 10:58 pm

Hi Team Ninja, great game! We would love to see the female skin transformation being brought into the cutscene as well. After grinding so much for glory for the skin, I think it’s fair to see the female skin into those short video clips as well!

Hakelll said:

July 19th, 7:10 am

Really enjoyable game. I’m even enjoying just helping players. Is it possible to increase the max Ninja and Onmyoji capacity slot? Perhaps something like 10 extra slots for every 20 after 30? Right now 30 for both is all you need. Also the soul release talisman requires serious attention. The max familiarity depletion from it is a waist if it deals the exact damage as one slash from my weapon. Onmyoji needs more damage too as they are only good for debuffs. Also I’d really like an Onmyoji skill to cleanse myself of slows and debuffs like ki depletion as late game these are extremely powerful but can only be waited out. Could you also add in a Ninja ability to set up an oil trap and later set it ablaze with fire? Using fire is a tactic I use when given the option and I find it useful. Also throwing Kayaku and Horoku should at least flinch bosses with their initial blasts. If you wish to fix PVP, I believe the best way is creating a separate character slot where player’s levels are fixed at about 200 where skill points from hair locks were disabled. With armor and weapons being provided by the Arena for obvious reasons.

jdhussle426 said:

August 5th, 3:07 pm

I need to start playing Nioh again. Had to take a break after beating it once. Started getting burnt out on fighting the same few enemies over and over. Does both dlc packs add that many totally new enemies or are they just reskins? I really wish team ninja would go back into the main game and a few different yokia. Don’t get me wrong Nioh is an amazing game with great Devs. Just think the enemy variety is lacking big time. It really bugged me while playing it.