PlayStation VR

Jul 10

Jul 10

Star Wars Battlefront II Open Beta Hits Early October, Pre-order to Play Early

The open beta kicks off October 6, but you can get in two days early by pre-ordering the game.

Jared Petty's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, EA

By now we’re hoping you’ve heard quite a bit about what we have planned for you in Star Wars Battlefront II: an original single-player story, multiplayer battles across all three cinematic eras, completely revamped flight controls and space combat, and a roster of your favorite heroes and villains.

We have some good news: Star Wars Battlefront II’s open beta is coming this October.

We know you’re eager to find out what’s headed your way in the beta. Here’s what’s inside:

Galactic Assault on Naboo

• Join the Separatist droid army or the Republic Clones on the streets of Theed in massive 40 player multiplayer melees.
  • Choose from four distinct trooper classes:
    • Assault troopers are classic flankers, pushing the line forward and advancing the front.
    • Heavy troopers use their high-powered weapons and personal body shields to take ground and hold it.
    • Officers power up their teammates with buffs and deploy remote weapons to support their allies.
    • Specialists lay traps and snipe from a distance.
  • Control beloved Star Wars heroes, pilot prequel-era vehicles, and more.

Multiplayer Starfighter Assault

We’re not sharing all the details around this yet, but we can tell you that you’ll be able to take part in an epic starfighter assault set during the original trilogy era, piloting an assortment of Star Wars’ greatest ships in an objective-based, multi-stage battle. You’ll be learning much more about starfighters in Star Wars Battlefront II at gamescom.

When can you start playing?

If you pre-order Star Wars Battlefront II, you can jump into the beta early. Players who pre-order gain access to the beta October 4 – the beta opens to the public October 6, and lasts through October 9.

Clear your schedule, tell your friends, and get ready to get a glimpse into the beautiful, massive world of Star Wars as you never have before.

How Do I Get in Early?

Pre-Order Star Wars Battlefront II from PlayStation Store for early access to the beta, as well as a number of other content bonuses. And keep an eye on PlayStation and on EA Star Wars on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for the latest news on what’s coming next.

Add Your Own

cusman said:

July 10th, 8:05 am

I’ll look forward to trying out the game during the public open Beta.

IDsAreForWimps said:

July 10th, 8:05 am

Lets hope they support the PS4 Pro this time!

Dethfuse said:

July 10th, 8:09 am

The game looks really fun but with all the rumors of it being pay to win I think I’m gonna hold out and just play the open beta.

Sangetsu-II said:

July 10th, 8:36 am

Where is the PSVR content though?

DarthSmurfX said:

July 10th, 9:53 am

What happens if you preordered through a place like Best Buy?

Airpoc069 said:

July 10th, 2:21 pm

Or Amazon?

Tatanka2007 said:

July 10th, 12:25 pm

The beta will the be the best time to play…before EA ruins it with microtransactions.

Definitely excited about this one, but not going to pre-order. This was a fairly quick turn-around, and the single-player campaign might suffer because of that. Best bet for everyone is to wait for reviews before buying.

Don’t fall for the bait and preorder for a few extra hours of beta experience.

Maverick70GER said:

July 11th, 1:52 am

I would pre-order, if the VR Support is confirmed.

PhoenixKOL said:

July 12th, 8:50 pm

Think you all are missing the point of preordering…..do it, get the extra days of BETA and if you don’t like it….CANCEL the preorder. Use some common sense. You don’t lose out either way. Pre-ordering just shows how many people are interested. Picking it up, shows how much interest changed into wanting it. From what I’ve seen and heard, I have hope this can be good. Playing the BETA, I’ll find out if my hopes and expectations were let down or they increased my interest. The first Battlefront turned out to be disappointing for me because it was just a straight PVP game and I missed that in the hype. My hope is for a great story mode. That’s what made the game excellent on the PS2 for me.

LiMeX_Dragon342 said:

July 19th, 7:42 pm

I like to know why the hell isnt the early access 1 week early i mean like we spend our money to get early access only to find out its only 2 days to find this out ****ed me off so much i i spend a lot of money into this only for the early access to be 2 days early wtf man

LiMeX_Dragon342 said:

July 19th, 7:45 pm

I mean like a 2 day early access is unfair to the buyers who bought the game to get early access