PlayStation VR

Jul 11

Jul 11

Yakuza Kiwami: Majima Everywhere System Explained, Bonus Theme for Pre-orders

Pre-order the extreme remake of the original Yakuza from PlayStation Store to nab this slick PS4 theme for free.

Scott Strichart's Avatar Posted by Localization Producer, SEGA

The release of Yakuza Kiwami, the PS4 remake of the original Yakuza, is just over a month away now, and we’ve got some good news for those of you who want a digital copy – you can now preorder your copy on PlayStation 4 for $29.99 ($39.99 CAD) and get a free Akira Nishikiyama and Kazuma Kiryu PS4 theme to go with it! This theme features the fearsome looking Dragon of Dojima, and of course, the best bro-gone-bad ever, Akira Nishikiyama, with his evil slicked-back hair.

Yakuza Kiwami Pre-order ThemeYakuza Kiwami Pre-order Theme

Yakuza Kiwami, of course, goes into way more detail about what happens between 1995 and 2005 that turns Nishikiyama into a jerk, but what I think has had people really excited since we presented the game at E3 has been the Majima Everywhere system, where everybody’s favorite maniac can spring up on you from any place, at any time.

Yakuza Kiwami on PS4

But you’ll actually want to fight him – mostly because Kiryu’s fourth and most powerful fighting style, the Dragon of Dojima style, is only leveled up by fighting Majima, who has taken it upon himself to retrain Kiryu so that he may regain what he lost in the years he was away from the city.

Yakuza Kiwami on PS4

I won’t even begin to spoil all the incredible, sometimes hilarious, encounters with Majima, but early on in the game, you’ll be notified that “Officer” Majima is working the beat by the Millennium Tower, and he’s on the lookout for any one carrying any suspicious weapons. Try swinging by the area with a knife, gun, or maybe a frozen tuna on your person. You won’t be disappointed.

Yakuza Kiwami on PS4

One more thing about the Majima Everywhere system: he’s rarely the same enemy twice. He’s unpredictable. That’s right, he has all his battle styles previously featured in Yakuza 0, except they’re just as powerful as they were then, so do expect to get beat down with bats, break-danced into the ground, and of course, stabbed, shanked, and cut when he comes at you in Mad Dog style. Did I mention he has Heat Actions too?

Yakuza Kiwami on PS4

Wait, where have I seen that dance before…

See you on August 29th when Yakuza Kiwami hits PlayStation 4!

Add Your Own

drd7of14 said:

July 11th, 7:48 am

All I know is…I need this game. What is happening???

Tacos299 said:

July 11th, 5:54 pm

It comes out August 29th

Tacos299 said:

July 11th, 5:57 pm

Oops I thought you meant when is it coming out. What’s happening is that the author is showing of a game mechanic where a sub boss will stalk you during your free roaming sections and after you fight him, one of your fighting styles will get stronger.

BeastKiller6ixx said:

July 11th, 7:49 am

FIrst!

drd7of14 said:

July 11th, 9:56 am

Awwwww….

MyFinalThoughts said:

July 11th, 7:54 am

As a prior Xbox 360 owner to PS4, I am so happy Yakuza Zero was made. I played it and fell in love and want more. I will happily buy every rerelease and/or new game in this series due to how absolutely amazing this series is. Thank you Sega.

FlagshipFighter said:

July 11th, 12:08 pm

Yeah, I mainly play on Xbox 360/One but when I got a PS3 towards the end of last generation I jumped straight into 3,4,5 and they were soooo good! (let’s forget about deadsouls though xD) and when Yak0 came out I just had to get a PS4! Haven’t played it yet past the opening though, going to wait for Kiwami first and then play Yak6. Then perhaps I’ll get around Yak0 before or after Shenmue 3. Love the support that Japanese gaming content has on PS4.

Chizomaru said:

July 11th, 8:49 am

Any chance to get a theme/wallpaper without Kiryu/Nishikiyama on it, just the plain background + game logo.

anszbd1 said:

July 11th, 9:08 am

Already preordered the steelcase version. Seriously, I can’t believe it’s only $30 :)

DuoMaxwell007 said:

July 11th, 9:26 am

Finally, been waiting to Pre Order this digitally forever… You just should start offering digital pre orders as soon as physical retailers do that way you can stay competitive because ppl wont have already went to gamestop and preordered it 6 months before we can finally do it on PSN

SinisterMailbox said:

July 12th, 12:50 pm

Agreed. I would have gotten it digitally had I known it was going to be available. Another lesson learned about not preordering I guess.

Neil said:

July 11th, 9:34 am

I don’t usually comment on this blog anymore but when I do, it’s about Yakuza. I am saving my gaming appetite for this.

ElijahBaldwin said:

July 11th, 10:22 am

Wish the theme could also be applied for physical preorders somehow, but I guess for digital folk this is a nice little touch.

FlagshipFighter said:

July 11th, 12:10 pm

I wish I could use my Yakuza 5 PS3 theme on PS4, it was sooo good! :(

Valyrious said:

July 11th, 11:24 am

I have the Steelbook Edition preordered on Amazon.ca. I almost always prefer digital, but this was cheaper than digital so I went with the cool steelbook version instead.

CAN’T WAIT! Yakuza games are amazing.

LEFT__4__DEAD__2 said:

July 11th, 2:18 pm

Yakuza <3

whereymyconary said:

July 11th, 2:55 pm

So excited for this. I’m going steel box myself but very excited to get my hands on this, and see where it all started. My first was the Meiji era one(import), then yakuza 4, so I’d like to be able to see it from it roots.

darthprince4 said:

July 11th, 4:43 pm

Do these pre-order bonus themes go on sale on their own so us physical plebs can get them too?

teentekken said:

July 12th, 1:01 pm

I cannot wait to try this game! I played Yakuza 1, 2, 3, and 4 on both PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3, and the Yakuza games are really good. I need to get back into getting Yakuza for PS4, because I have been missing out on a lot of action. The Yakuza Kiwami for PS4, is definitely a must have. I am going to pre-order this game.