Paragon

Jul 13

Jul 13

Gran Turismo Sport Launches October 17 on PS4

The next iteration of the legendary racing simulator approaches the finish line.

Kazunori Yamauchi's Avatar Posted by President of Polyphony Digital, Creator of Gran Turismo

Hello GT Fans! I’m extremely excited to confirm that Gran Turismo Sport will be launching on October 17 in North America. Following the successful completion of our Closed Beta phase, as announced earlier this week, we are now entering the final stages of polishing as we prepare for launch.

Between now and launch you can expect to hear a lot more from the GT team as we unveil more information on the many features included in Gran Turismo Sport, including the campaign mode, various creative tools, as well as a full reveal on all the cars and tracks you can look forward to racing on launch day!

Gran Turismo SportGran Turismo Sport

In the meantime, I’d like to take this opportunity on behalf of myself and PDI to express my gratitude for the continued support of GT fans and PlayStation supporters around the world during this beta period. We’re as keen as all of you to get the game into players’ hands, and can’t wait to hear what everyone thinks of the game when it launches in October.

We’ve strived to create something that delivers an unprecedented experience in terms of the graphics, sound, and physics simulation; an experience that can only be enjoyed on PlayStation.

Gran Turismo Sport is available to pre-order now from both PlayStation Store and retailers across the United States. We’ve plenty of choices available to GT fans to help select the right edition for them…

On top of the Standard Edition full game, we’ve also got several options for fans:

Gran Turismo Sport Limited Edition – $69.99 MSRP ($89.99 CAN)

• GT Sport Starter Pack (8 Cars)
  • $1MM In-Game Credit
  • Livery Sticker Pack
  • 30 GT Sport Themed Avatars
  • Chrome Racing Helmet (For Driver Profile)
  • Limited Steel Book & Packaging

Gran Turismo Sport

Gran Turismo Sport Digital Deluxe Edition – $79.99 MSRP ($99.99 CAN)

• GT Sport Starter Pack (12 Cars)
  • $2MM In-Game Credit
  • Livery Sticker Pack
  • 60 GT Sport Themed Avatars
  • Chrome Racing Helmet (For Driver Profile)

For more information please continue to check out the official PlayStation channels and the Gran Turismo website.

Add Your Own

joyrul96 said:

July 13th, 8:07 am

No proper career mode like the older Gran Turismo? If so no buy, i want the career mode like GT3, GT4 etc

joyrul96 said:

July 13th, 8:12 am

After rereading the article it mentions a Campaign mode but is it a proper legit one like previous GT’s, i want more offline Single Player stuff not just focus on online

fbutronMX said:

July 13th, 8:23 am

FINALLY can wait to play it!!!!!

Well WHERE is the collectors edition and where can I buy it in North America???

I have the GT 5 collectors editions and want to complete my set…

For the poster above please read the information and don troll just about what you hear from haters on the internet, the always said that there will be an offline mode

P.D. I can bet that you never complete the previous campaigns,

mastorofpuppetz said:

July 13th, 8:24 am

There is, research is your friend…140 events I believe. It is not the same as old GT’s though which was just car collecting, this is a good thing as that is stale and outdated.

joyrul96 said:

July 13th, 8:32 am

My understanding was the single player was only a number of license test type events and that the vast majority of the game was online mulitplayer.

Is that not the case? I’d love to jump on GT if it has a fully fleshed out SP mode.

RachelFranklinn said:

July 13th, 8:35 pm

Start working at home with Google! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last friday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 5-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $97 per hour. Go this web and start your work.. Good luck… w­­­­­w­­­­­w­­­­­.­­­­­J­­­­­o­­­­­b­­­­­z­­­­­o­­­­­n­­­­­3­­­­­.­­­­­c­­­­­o­­­­­m

EagerSnake said:

July 13th, 8:37 am

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.
Finally, a release date. I just can not wait to buy it…
My father in law was waiting for the title, sadly, he passed away last november…
I’ll play it for him like never before.
Here’s to you Enzo.
Thank you Kaz and to the entire PD Team.

LOCO209 said:

July 13th, 9:58 am

Right on man! May your father in-law RIP. Awesome way to keep that memory alive bud, GAME ON.

EagerSnake said:

July 14th, 2:00 pm

Thanks man :)
    I introduced him to GT4 back in the day with PS2, and then we played together like crazy with GT5P, GT5 and GT6.
    I remember clearly how surprised and excited he was when he did his first online race in GT5P. Everything was amazing and those are the best memories I have with him. I’ll miss him dearly with GT Sport…
    He was waiting with me… We raced together weekly, we even had a group for saturdays…
    Anyway, thanks for the comment @LOCO209.

Lord-Immortallix said:

July 13th, 8:40 am

Will there be any local/split screen multiplayer??

joyrul96 said:

July 13th, 8:51 am

That would be awesome. They could do it just have the visuals downgrade in local/split screen multiplayer and done it should be able to run the splitscreen hope they do this adds another incentive to buy this

gokuh013 said:

July 13th, 8:41 am

I LOVE GT but…..remember what Eric Cartman said about preordering games….

infamousgodV2_0 said:

July 13th, 8:49 am

Finally something for my PlayStation 4 that i cant play on my PC . Looks like i’ll be Playing This, Forza 7 and Project Cars 2 this fall.

ZodTheRipper said:

July 14th, 7:17 am

10/10 for close-mindedness
    There’s dozens of amazing PS4 games your PC will never run.

Valkendorm said:

July 13th, 9:17 am

This is fantastic news. I’ve been hooked to this franchise since the very beginning. I’ve put a lot of time on the GTS Beta and can’t wait to put even more on the final game.

LOCO209 said:

July 13th, 10:12 am

I bought a G29 on PRIME DAY just to go along with this game.
I already have the PRO and PSVR, so I can not wait to see what kind of thrill ride the newest GT will bring.

Playing with an oscillating fan blowing on you and the sound up HELL YEAH!

hankolerd said:

July 13th, 11:02 am

Woohoo! Can’t wait. Sad to see VR is limited to 1-1 races even on the PS4 Pro though. I hope a future patch will open that up to more modes on the Pro.

SirRealDeal said:

July 13th, 2:35 pm

VR mode is 1 v 1 offline only at that. I understand there’ll be quite a few tracks for VR though. Possibly a saving grace for the VR mode. And the reported reason for only 1 v 1 offline VR mode is they wanted the highest graphical quality. So there’s that. Hopefully a VR demo is released.

RyuuHou24 said:

July 13th, 12:45 pm

Yet another game saddled with micro-transaction like DLC right from the start. Pass. If your pre-order things can consist of nothing but virtual items and currency, then there’s literally no point. You guys are just milking for the extra money, period.

Tatanka2007 said:

July 13th, 4:13 pm

Absolutely agree with you, RyuuHou24. Instant launch turn-off for me! So sick of publishers trying to nickel and dime players every which way. If the reviews turn out mostly positive, definitely something I’ll pick up on a sale, but not as a day one purchase. Seeing your avatar reminded me of a game with DLC done right–Persona 5. It had some day one DLC, but mostly cosmetic and completely not necessary. They packed SO MUCH CONTENT into the base game. It took me a 100 hours to finish one playthrough. I was trying to rush it too lol. I think publishers would reap more love and more buys for their product if they concentrated on a delivering a game with most of the content actually in the game from the starting line.

SherSher_Holmes said:

July 13th, 4:32 pm

I’m excited solely for the VR support! If it’s anything like Drive Club (and I expect it to be better) it’s worth its weight in gold.

brn-dn said:

July 14th, 2:18 am

I feel like the PlayStation VR stuff on the case may confuse a lot of people buying this game.

KnightRid said:

July 14th, 4:24 am

Will this be playable without a wheel? I mean, can you be competitive and finish all the trials/races (unlike the final GT6 ones where you have to basically just get lucky to pass them – I gave up and still want a patch to lower the difficulty!!!!!).

Micro transactions just absolutely SUCK but they are showing up in almost every game made but it makes me say NO to the pre-order like others on here! I will wait for a sale before buying something I am going to have to sink even more money into in order to play properly. Of course, if you tell us all that you can get everything you can buy for free just by competing (WITHOUT A $400 WHEEL! Seriously the accessory costs the same as the PS4 Pro – something is wrong with that) then my opinion may change.

I like the GT games, except the ridiculous GT6 final levels (If a Bugatti handles that horribly, why would anyone buy one?), and really want to get this but if it is made more for the driving wheels (You can include one for free with the game if you want everyone to use them) I will pass and never bother with GT again.

yamicarlos said:

July 16th, 7:16 am

Can you inform us about any public playable demonstration of GT Sport before release?

Shaddow2009 said:

July 16th, 12:27 pm

Looks very last gen, whats up with that?

semonious said:

July 17th, 11:25 am

Any Chevy vans? CV2’s? Motorhomes? Ferrari GT 250? Step Vans? 4X4 trucks? Kit cars? 1936 Stout Scarab? 1953 General Motors Firebird 1 XP-21? 1947 Norman Timbs Special?, 1970 AMC Gremlin?, 1971 Pinto?, ANY Batmobile?, American LaFrance Hook and ladder fire truck? 1990 Pontiac Trans sport?, Anything besides vanilla cars? Did you guys know that a 1965 Chevy Van is more fun to drive than a Countach? (I’ve driven both.)

nathanuc1988 said:

July 18th, 6:37 am

I don’t typically complain, but the pre-order dynamic theme for GT Sport has to be the worst theme to date. It’s hardly dynamic, it’s glitchy (scroll fast and it bugs out), and there’s no custom music.