PlayStation VR

Jul 19

Jul 19

RTS / Tower Defense Hybrid Comet Crash 2 Hits PS4 August 8

Designed from the ground up for PS4, the sequel to the award-winning Comet Crash launches in just a few short weeks.

John Bates's Avatar Posted by Co-Founder, Pelfast

Back in 2007, I was inspired to start my own game studio, Pelfast (literally: fast pixel), alongside Jennifer Pourchot given our shared passions for gaming and desire to create something that we’d both want to play. At the time, tower defense titles were hot, but they lacked a crucial element. After two years of development and hard work, we published Comet Crash, an award-winning multiplayer RTS with hybrid tower defense elements. To this day, we still hear stories from fans about co-op with family, intense battles with friends and Comet Crash parties that went until the wee hours of the morning.

Now, we’re ready to give our fans exactly what they want (and show new players what they’ve been missing out on) with an epic sequel. We’re super excited to announce Comet Crash 2: The Kronkoid Wars is launching August 8th on PS4!

This time we’ve gone all-out, with a new online multiplayer feature, a new storyline, more levels, bigger bosses and an original score by Bluetech!

In the campaign with over 50 branching levels, use your ship to collect resources and fight off a range of robotic machines using a variety of upgradeable weapons. At the same time, command your own rush attacks against enemy forces.

Bust through enemy defenses using your weapons, cut off enemy unit production by taking out Ops structures, and build long pathways to slow down attacks. Watch what the enemy is doing and react to bring together a winning strategy. There is more than one way to win each level. We know we haven’t thought of all of them — surprise us by sharing videos of your gameplay when it launches!

In Comet Crash 2 you collect ‘Zoids’ which can be used to supercharge your weapons against an unexpected attack. Zoids also speed up unit production to give you an advantage over your rival. Your ship begins its journey with one Zoid slot. You can earn more Zoid slots by defeating the megaboss, Kronkoid. Use Zoids wisely since they are a scarce but powerful resource!

Test your skills in Battle mode where you can play against other players. Compete with opponents over resources (guaranteed to cause a few good laughs… or cries) and decide if you should use them to build up your army or to defend your territory. At the same time keep a close eye on what your opponents are up to. Look for weaknesses in enemy bases to determine what type of units to build for your own infantry. Watch your opponent closely or you may be annihilated by a surprise attack!

Comet Crash 2 is designed from the ground up for PlayStation. The tight DualShock controls allow for twitch gameplay, defensive building and offensive attacks without any tedious micromanagement.

Thanks to all our fans for the enthusiasm, encouragement, and inspiration to make Comet Crash bigger and better than ever before. We couldn’t have done it without you, and can’t wait for you to try out our game!

Add Your Own

experimental_jet said:

July 19th, 8:06 am

AWESOME! Loved the first game! Art style is a little different(or maybe my memory is hazy) but this has to be one of my fav game announcements this year!

John Bates's Avatar

John Bates said:

July 19th, 8:39 am

Thank you! That’s right, we’ve updated the visuals quite a bit.

Thillhouse said:

July 19th, 8:27 am

Loved the first game and am hoping this will be even better.

John Bates's Avatar

John Bates said:

July 19th, 8:47 am

Thanks much for the love! Can’t wait to play some online battles at launch.

mrk916 said:

July 19th, 8:58 am

Hey guys. I was wondering when PSX tickets go on sale. I have my hotel booked and days off for that weekend. I can’t wait

Foxx said:

July 19th, 8:59 am

Congratulations John! This has to be one of my favorite surprise announcements of the past few years. Loved the first and thought it was a game I would have remembered fondly but never seen a sequel. Absolutely thrilled to be wrong and with only a few weeks to go, I’m already planning some couch time to play through this.

John Bates's Avatar

John Bates said:

July 19th, 9:23 am

Thanks Foxx!

Dethfuse said:

July 19th, 9:22 am

Me and a buddy played the hell out of the first game on PS3 in splitscreen. So excited to see the sequel coming to PS4. Very glad there is online multiplayer so we can still play together. Day one buy!

John Bates's Avatar

John Bates said:

July 19th, 9:34 am

Yes! Thank you. Keep in touch on our fb.co/CometCrash page.

For_K said:

July 19th, 1:07 pm

Incredible! This one is gonna give me a good time. Only reason I decided not to sell my PS4 a year ago was I didn’t want to have to buy a new one once Comet Crash 2 is gonna be released. It’s been a long time without new infos. But I’m absolutely sure it was no waste, waiting so long. Can’t wait playing the new campaign. As well excited about the online multiplayer, though I’m not used to play this game in multiplayer, lack of friends playing this game, too bad. Well, it won’t be a mistake when I say “Good Job” already to both of you, John and Jennifer. You made my day? You made my year (and maybe the next as well). :)

John Bates's Avatar

John Bates said:

July 19th, 2:59 pm

Thanks For_K. We can’t wait to see what you think about Comet Crash 2! Hopefully online multiplayer will provide additional challenges for you.

Craazy said:

July 19th, 3:37 pm

I know its a ton of dev work….but this would be cool in VR

Moneyshot said:

July 19th, 3:39 pm

Hi John! Miss seeing you around here but extremely psyched to see you rockin big success. Great job! Look forward to playing this game. Cheers. –gz