Knack 2

Jul 26

Jul 26

The Sims 4 is Coming to PS4! Out November 17

Pre-order the Deluxe Party Edition to start playing 3 days early.

Michael Duke's Avatar Posted by Senior Producer, The Sims 4

Greetings Simmers! I’m thrilled to announce that The Sims 4 is finally coming to PlayStation 4 November 17th!

Over the last couple of years, we have heard from many of you about how much you want the game to come to console, and I have been right there with you. I love our PC game, but what I’ve really wanted is to plop down on my sofa, and play with my Sims at a larger than life size. And in just a few months, you can do just that right alongside me on PlayStation 4.

For those of you unfamiliar with The Sims, it is a game that gives players the imaginative power to create and control virtual people and play with moments of their lives. You can create and customize who you want; find your first love; land your dream job; build the perfect home; start a family; and more. The Sims offers you a sandbox for you to tell, observe, or influence life’s little dramas, while offering one of the most sophisticated character creation tools in the market.

The Sims 4 on PS4The Sims 4 on PS4

And soon, you’ll be able to jump in the game to create yourself, your friends, your family, or maybe something a little more out of this world on your PlayStation 4. The only limit to what you can create is in your imagination.

To be clear, this is not the first time we have brought The Sims to console – but it is the very first time throughout the history of the franchise that you can experience the gameplay and content that the PC game offers. The current generation of hardware has enabled us to translate code to PlayStation 4 without any major system changes, so that it is no longer about which platform has the superior version, but where you like to play.

The Sims 4 on PS4

Right now, the team is currently preparing for launch (looking for bugs, and making little improvements that will ensure this is the best Sims game EVER on console). It is certainly no small task to try and bring a PC game over, but we are doing a lot of iteration and testing to make sure we meet your high standards and deliver an experience we will all enjoy for years to come.

In the meantime, pre-order The Sims 4 Standard Edition on console and get The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff Pack*, offering hot tubs, more fashion, and bonus décor to customize your Sims experience with.

And for those looking for even more fun, pre-order The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition* to get the same great Stuff Pack as well as:

• Unlocking Early Access to the Full Game, up to three days in advance of the worldwide launch on November 17;
  • Life of the Party Digital Content, featuring the Flaming Tiki Bar and sleek, stylized outfits for your Sims;
  • Up All Night Digital Content, featuring the Laser Light Show, fun decorations, and outrageous party costumes;
  • Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content, featuring a collection of fun animal hats for your Sims to wear and show off.

We are so excited to share more with you over the coming months, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts when you get to experience the game on PlayStation 4 this fall.

Happy Simming!

*Conditions and restrictions apply. See www.ea.com/the-sims/the-sims4/console/disclaimers for details.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Trendy_Kid said:

July 26th, 10:12 am

I have lost countless hours of my life to The Sims. Here we go again! =)

Saalik90 said:

July 30th, 6:26 pm

I was wondering about the Build/Decor limits. Will there be a thermometer?

BoAFan1 said:

July 31st, 7:00 am

Lol I asked the same question 2 says ago

AnNmAri3_07 said:

July 26th, 10:16 am

Will it be multiplayer? Even if it’s 2-player on free play mode I would be content! I loved Sims Bustin’ Out and Sims 2 for that very reason!

Michael Duke's Avatar

Michael Duke said:

July 26th, 11:16 pm

The Sims 4 is single player.

spikec51 said:

July 26th, 10:17 am

How will this work with all of the expansion and stuff packs that are currently on PC? Will they be up for download at the same price at some point?

Michael Duke's Avatar

Michael Duke said:

July 26th, 6:06 pm

We are still working through what packs to bring over when. We should have more news in the future. I would love to hear from players about what they want to see first.

koolmanJAM said:

July 26th, 10:24 am

Will there be co-op???

MidnightDragonDX said:

July 26th, 10:48 am

Nice! Was hoping for this!

brn-dn said:

July 26th, 10:53 am

Wow! I’m glad this is finally coming to PS4 after all these years!

JuggaloHomie4321 said:

July 26th, 12:09 pm

I miss The Sims Bustin Out on the Gamecube and The Sims 3 ill definitely be getting 4 in November!

Hayterfan said:

July 26th, 12:32 pm

Yay, always preferred playing Sims on console, although i do have to ask what kind of support will PS4 Pro have? Personally id prefer something like say Ni-Oh, where we have the option to pick between resolution or performance
Also it sounds like we can expect stuff and expansion packs on consoles now?

Michael Duke's Avatar

Michael Duke said:

July 26th, 6:22 pm

The Ni-Oh suggestion is a great idea, thx! As for DLC, our plan is to port the content over, but I don’t have details on the what and when just yet. We are working on it.

Hayterfan said:

July 26th, 9:21 pm

If my comment means a smoother playing game, your welcome, also as some others said below, maybe add direct control back, if not in the initial release, maybe thru a patch?
    I mean it is the Sims, the whole series shtick is making the game as accessible as possible

cusman said:

July 26th, 12:33 pm

Wonder how the loading times are for Sims on console…

Michael Duke's Avatar

Michael Duke said:

July 26th, 6:14 pm

It is a priority for me as well. In the end you guys are the judge. I will be curious to hear what folks think after getting hands on at Gamescom next month.

therob21 said:

July 26th, 2:51 pm

This is great news, as I ALWAYS wanted to play Sims 4 but now that it’s coming to PS4, my wish has finally come true! I am very excited to play Sims 4 as much as I played The Sims 3 on the PS3 years ago. :D

SpikeStarkey said:

July 26th, 3:30 pm

A question that has probably been sent to Maxis thousands of times by now, but, will the console port have direct control like sims 2 on the ps2 had, or just point and click?
It’s a feature I miss from Sims2 and I’m sure many people would love to have that back.

Michael Duke's Avatar

Michael Duke said:

July 26th, 6:17 pm

We debated direct control. In the end, we felt the point and click version did a better job of enabling the gameplay that makes the Sims 4 great.

Thunderlight10 said:

July 26th, 7:30 pm

No please add direct control it can be optional!

Potter13579 said:

July 26th, 7:50 pm

I absolutely second this. Please give us direct control, at least in future Sims games.

DarkTabz1192 said:

August 8th, 1:10 pm

OMG Direct Control NEEDS to be a thing. It’s the thing that has me playing The Sims 2 on my PS2 to this day. Why not make it optional, just like in The Sims 2? Don’t get me wrong, all of The Sims games are awesome. However, having the option for Direct Control made the game more appealing to me. Please take it into consideration, again.

IamSmoo300 said:

August 14th, 7:13 pm

Micheal Duke..There is still time to add direct control too the sims 4 on the console, many people are begging and pleading, please…do this for all of us..you can make it to where you can choose between point and click or direct control in gameplay, this will change my life, you will shock everyone” “it will truly be the best game of 2017.”

JBSilentAssassin said:

July 26th, 3:35 pm

OMG so it is true then, had to look twice, this is going to be awesome

wishmusic said:

August 4th, 2:46 am

Hi SImmers! Please please please give us direct control !:) Please? lol…I play alot of social networking games online and some have a simular feel tot he sims except your playing multiplayer cs single and one thing i like about those types od games is being able to directly control my character:) To be honest Im GETTING THE SIMS $ whether you guys add that feature or not because I just really like the game:) But that would be an awesome feature if you guy did add it as an option:) Im so super happy the Sims is coming to ps4 yayyyyyy!:) Will you guys also (please) comsider adding vehicles tot he game” that would be so awesome:) Thanks!:)

DuoMaxwell007 said:

July 26th, 4:11 pm

There is only ONE thing that would make me consider getting/buying a SIMs game.. and thats if they were online “open world” i.e I have my Sims in my house.. if I leave my house and go to a next door neighbors house. That house belongs to another actual real life player and HIS/HER Sims, and the same for most if not all the other houses on the block. until then.. I dont care.

GrafUlrich88 said:

July 26th, 6:30 pm

Hello Michael,

This is awesome news!!! Will pre order the deluxe edition on PS Store.

I wanted to ask if you guys and gals would consider doing a “DLC Full Pack” that we pay a discount price and get all the future DLC expansions as they come out free (well when you pre pay for the DLC Full Pack)?

Also will you please bring a ton of Avatar pictures and perhaps a couple Dynamic Themes for the PS4?

Lastly, would consider bringing Sims 3 Pets PS3 version to PS NOW.

Rob aka Graf

nanaki85 said:

July 26th, 7:25 pm

I’ve been really wishing to play The Sims: Bustin’ Out as a PS2 Classic on the PS4, but this will hold me off untill we can get Bustin’ out for PS4.

Hayterfan said:

July 26th, 9:18 pm

If I recall Bustin Out had some licensed songs, and brands, so doing a rerelease might require having to re-license everything.
    With that said, if EA were to license stuff to re-release PS2 games on PS4 I would greatly appreciate the Burnout series (and a remaster of Paradise if possible….and a Dead Space Trilogy….and Mass Effect Trilogy….Just saying @Michael Duke)

MojoMijjy said:

July 26th, 8:03 pm

Will there be couch/online co-op? That’s an instant sell for a lot of people with Sims haha! The Sims 2 was honestly one of the best games on PS2 because of that, loads of fun.
If there isn’t going to be on this game, I hope you guys can consider it for a future PS4 installment!

bajor27 said:

July 26th, 9:47 pm

I’d somewhat lost hope this would ever happen. Have The Sims 3 platinum trophy and look forward to the 100s of hours this one will likely take me. Yay!

ThePandaRobot said:

July 26th, 10:07 pm

Would love to see the Get To Work expansion make its way to Ps4. Looking forward to this!

DonkeyKongKilla said:

July 27th, 2:50 am

Okay, I’m happy you are doing this don’t get me wrong, but why’d it take this long to even make it be known? Several people even said Sims 4 was never coming to PS4 and all this speculation about y’all waiting to design something major for the ps5 for that release so why bother, but now a while down the the road you’re just like okay let’s throw it in there I guess. Must of not been selling well enough, I know someone that got it for free on a deal or something, i mean though i just don’t really understand the logic. You have a nice fan base on systems so why not?… Blah, it just seems like a lot of time wasted to me when it could be out right now for us, thanks though I’ll be getting it I’m sure lol.

Antonio123410 said:

July 27th, 7:34 am

I was waiting for a PS4/XONE version of the game until 2014 because the game doesn’t run well on my PC, I’m just so happy! I’m going to pre order the game but i have a few questions about the game:
Will the game have the same control and interface of PC version?
Will the game run at a stable framerate?
And the last question is about the graphics of the game…
What is the configuration of the graphics on PC respect to the console version?

Michael Duke's Avatar

Michael Duke said:

July 27th, 9:43 am

We have not finalized controls yet, still iterating. We are hard at work on performance to achieve our goal of making the best Sims Console game ever. As for Graphics, is is too soon for me to guarantee something, but we have a lot of ambition on that front. :)

GentlemanYeti said:

July 27th, 9:48 am

Would you consider ever adding local multiplayer like you had on the PS2 version? My wife and I always wanted to be able to play The Sims together on PC and figured it being playable on a console would me a perfect opportunity. Honestly will not purchase this unless there are plans for local multiplayer.

wilduprising said:

July 27th, 12:32 pm

Any word on how the controls will work? will we have the option to directly control a sim’s movement like in previous console titles? I loved that aspect…

ykamontana said:

July 27th, 2:22 pm

gg EA take my money! im most def getting this

AllyAcbar said:

July 28th, 1:41 am

hey ever1 so it seems like ever1 here loves the sims, but just like other player the sames thing is going thing through my head,
will there be an online feature, as i think the game would take off better, plus iv got it on my pc and as much as i want to get it iv spent a bit of money on the game for the ps4, iv got 4 extension pack’s so the big question are
1:can i transference my pc work .ie houses and family to my ps4
2:will there be and online feature
i think if you can a lot more people would get the game ( i know i would )

Sixit said:

July 28th, 10:25 am

Will this be cross-buy?
I bought the game and expansions on the PC. These expansions are not cheap. They cost more than the actual game.

vielavie said:

July 28th, 12:49 pm

I feel you should make it so it is able to be played online! It would be awesome to meet up with friends and play the game with them!

MarkakaJin said:

July 28th, 3:28 pm

So there’s no fire code like there was in Sims 2?

BlueIndigo2012 said:

July 28th, 7:12 pm

I was hoping for a co op or pvp. I play sims from the first, but there’s no reason to buy it on console without pvp….nope already have it.

Sarcastic_Tactic said:

July 28th, 11:45 pm

are we getting cheat codes and mods like pc???

Kid_Fleetfoot said:

July 29th, 12:02 am

I remember playing SIMS decades ago (a long time ago anyway) and I hated the triangles above the character. (I hated them too on a baseball game or was it circles underneath players.) But so be it.
Wishing others could visit but it ain’t that kind of game. So be it.
If we could get rid of the green triangles I would be much happier. It could be a game killer for me. So be it. :(
Wishing there was option to dump the green “triangles” above m character but… yeah, so be it.

Must say dev (I assume) answers a lot of questions which is appreciated. Jest let this one go unanswered, ok? Let it be so. ;)

bravery339 said:

July 29th, 11:59 am

If this has local co-op then I would definitely buy it.

JerkFace18 said:

July 29th, 2:39 pm

I only see myself purchasing The Sims 4 for console if they integrate either couch/online co-op. Many die hard sims fans who have it for the PC and MAC, like myself, wouldn’t want to repurchase the game all over again when we can just simply continue to play with what we have now. I feel a way they can implement online co-op would be like how Minecraft works online for consoles, where one person is the host of the private lobby and the others can only join to play so long as the host is playing within the same game session (for those who play Minecraft, you know what I mean). The sims on console could perhaps work with the same guidelines and just like Minecraft you can choose to either play alone or with your close friends. Even if we may not get direct control of the sims while in co-op it would still be an amazing adventure to be able to enjoy playing Sims 4 with your close friends. It’s way over due for many sims fans to be left to just play solo for so many years. We deserve the opportunity to have the OPTION at least if not with The Sims 4 then for the next future Sims franchise!

BoAFan1 said:

July 29th, 5:24 pm

I’m very excited and suddenly very anxious for November to get here lol. I guess what I REALLY want to know is if there’ll still be a build meter. My biggest gripe with Sims 3 and Sims 3 pets was the build meter. I’m not trying to build an infinite size mansion, but I don’t want to sacrifice having a large home with nothing in it or because I have a lot shrubbery/hedges. I can’t wait til November!!!!!! :)

Lord_Rae said:

July 30th, 4:11 am

Quite disappointed by the fact there is no cooperative multiplayer. My girlfriend and I love The Sims and we loved being able to play together on The Sims 2. Since this feature was removed from subsequent games we have been hoping it would return, sadly it seems this is not the case. Still looking forward to the game though as every The Sims game is great fun to play, just wish they would someday bring the cooperative feature back.

Fix-it09 said:

July 30th, 8:06 am

Would like to know at least a ballpark figure as to how much all the dlc would cost. In Canada the game is already 69.99 (deluxe edition), having to pay hundreds more for all of the dlc makes this not worth it at all. Would there ever be something like a seasons pass, where you could get all dlc at once for reduced price?

jab__661 said:

July 30th, 12:49 pm

Currently unavailable on Amazon

Minnie84Mouse said:

July 30th, 3:47 pm

I hope there is weather and it’s possible to swim in the lakes of the communities, I hope there are pets and outdoor sports, skiing scuba and thus… taking a game from PC to console and leaving it at the same level is boring, why should I buy it? The investment on my PC is enough.

HunkyLigerWolf said:

July 30th, 8:53 pm

Of course I will get this. But I do wonder if we will ever see a remake of Sims/Sims Bustin out or even the Urbz

Robb_E16 said:

July 31st, 5:29 am

Will I be able to plug in my keyboard and mouse and play like I would on PC?

Verum_Sithari said:

July 31st, 11:36 am

Rosebud….is it there? I want infinite monies!

vagegttrs33 said:

July 31st, 11:39 am

The only 2 things you need to add:
1. Direct control like in sims 2 or at least the option of it.
2. Local co-op plz like many others this is the perfect game with my wife and we still play sims2 and busting out just for those reasons.
Plz plz plz that’s it.

Antonio123410 said:

July 31st, 12:15 pm

Personally I don’t like direct control, plus, is very limited and that will change all the game experience, If you add those things to the game it will not be a sims game, I only want the same experience as PC :)

DarkTabz1192 said:

August 8th, 1:20 pm

Dude, yes! We need these things. It made The Sims 2 so much better. I have The Sims 4 on PC, because I lost hope that it would come to the PS4. Now that it’s coming, I don’t want to pay all that money, again, for the EXACT SAME game that I already have on PC. It wouldn’t be worth it. Direct Control doesn’t have to be the primary thing. At least let it be optional, like in The Sims 2.

vagegttrs33 said:

July 31st, 6:50 pm

antonio123410 than play it on pc silly. If you liked it so much than play it on there right.

BoAFan1 said:

August 1st, 4:54 am

vagegttrs33 Maybe you should just stay playing Sims 2. No other Sims game is multiplayer and certainly don’t have direct control. Trying to create an entire different game based on ONE passed example is “silly”.

vagegttrs33 said:

August 1st, 10:55 am

BoAFan1: what are you talking about all the original sims were multiplayer on console they took that away on the last gen consoles.
    Original sims on GameCube 2 players
    Sims busting out 2 players
    Sims urbz in the city 2 players
    Sims 2 2 players
    So there are 4 examples buddy
    You guys like the way pic games are than play pc
    And the control scheme would be easy you still click with x idiots and all you did was hit select for original control scheme…. thats not making a whole new game.

RushMore425 said:

August 22nd, 11:56 am

vagegttrs33,Antonio123410 What’s wrong with having the OPTION of direct control. Both parties win. The gamers who prefer the pc style play on console get the point and click system they desire and the console gamers get the direct control OPTION. I would like the option instead of being forced to play one style of play. Keep in mind it’s the console version and will be played with controllers. AND it’s simply an option that you can chose not to use.

Antonio123410 said:

August 1st, 5:46 am

I have the game on PC, i bought it on the launch, three years ago but my PC can’t run the game well, even at minimal settings. I don’t have money for another PC.

Keyastaron said:

August 1st, 6:46 pm

Is there a way to Pre-order it already? If so, where do we pre-order?

aelis13 said:

August 2nd, 2:26 pm

Something I really enjoyed about Sims2 on the ps2 were the “quests” you had to do to progress the story. I would really love to see something like that in the upcoming ps4 version because otherwise it’s not really any different than buying another copy of the game.

terrariarobert said:

August 10th, 1:11 am

i love the sims and ps4 bam the one of my favrite games on the ps4t best day of my life when its out

kierand1987 said:

August 11th, 5:29 am

anyone know if you will be able to use and connect a keyboard and mouse to play on ps4??

Antonio123410 said:

August 15th, 12:07 pm

I want to know that too, it would be so cool to play with a mouse and keyboard, for example, Unreal Tournament 3 allows that possibility.

bec_claire21 said:

August 12th, 8:24 pm

Me and my friends were definitely buying this UNTIL we discovered there was no multiplayer. Why would you not make it multiplayer? Double your sales

IamSmoo300 said:

August 14th, 7:27 pm

Direct control with the choice of point/click would be wise, it would please both fans Direct Control and point/click, It will also gain a spectacular amount of sells. Everyone would be shocked and happy, Think about it “Micheal Duke.” there is still time.

RushMore425 said:

August 22nd, 12:04 pm

I totally agree. But unfortunately they seem to be allowing the pc gamers to dictate what the console version will be like. Strange i know. Even more bizarre is the fact that the pc gamers don’t even want console gamers to have the OPTION of direct control. Not realizing that ignoring that option WILL alienate potential buyers and result in lower sales. They did it with the sim 3 for console. Console gamers thought there would be direct control so they purchased the sims 3 only to find out there was no option, so when the sims 3 pets came out the numbers were poor. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. If there isn’t an direct control option for the console version that will say clear as day the sims doesn’t care about console games. (Or money for that matter)

PAGE 1 2