God of War

Jul 28

Jul 28

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 8/1/2017

The warrior spirit stirs once more! Patapon Remastered launches next week on PS4.

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

Pata-Pata-Pata-Pon!

The iconic rhythm RPG marches onto PlayStation once again with Patapon Remastered, which brings the classic adventure to PS4 on August 1.

Behind the Patapon tribe’s cute exterior beats the ferocious heart of a warrior. Pound the drums of war and lead the Patapon tribe into battle against the evil Zigoton army. Every command, from surging attacks to strategic retreats, requires the rhythmic beating of the drums. Campaign across more than 30 missions to discover 100+ items and weapons in the Patapon’s noble quest for victory.

For a full list of new games coming to PlayStation, read on. And enjoy The Drop!

The Drop

New Releases: Week of August 1, 2017
Aven Colony
PS4 — Retail

Aven Colony

Build a new home for humanity. Discover Aven Prime — an alien planet of deserts, tundras, and jungles lightyears from earth.

PS VR — Digital

CastleStorm VR Edition

Catapult yourself onto the battlefield like never before in CastleStorm VR, an exciting new take on the tower-defense action-RPG phenomenon! Pit knights, soldiers, archers, and even griffins against formidable foes in full VR castle versus castle combat.

PS4 — Digital

Demetrios

Demetrios is a quirky adventure game packed with tons of humor! Bjorn Thonen, a slob of an antique dealer living in Paris, is robbed one night after coming home drunk. Forced to conduct his own investigation with the help of his neighbor Sandra, he ends up involved in a murky, mysterious affair. Will these unlikely heroes be able to rise up and discover ancient secrets?

PS VR — Digital

Dino Frontier

Build and manage a frontier settlement in a world where the wild west and jurassic collide. Dino Frontier is a virtual reality simulation where players assume the role of Big Mayor. They must carefully balance resources while growing their town and surviving bandit attacks.

PS4 — Digital

Drawfighters

Drawfighters is a turn-based combat game with funny, amazing visuals. Fighters face each other in their struggle for victory in the Great Tournament of the Three Volcanoes.

PS4 — Digital

Frisky Business

You are Mr. Falco Frisk, private detective of Frisk Investigative Solutions! Develop your relationships with your team as you take on your very first case.

PS4 — Digital

Long Dark

The Long Dark is a thoughtful, exploration-survival experience that challenges solo players to think for themselves as they explore an expansive frozen wilderness in the aftermath of a geomagnetic disaster.

PS4 — Digital

Patapon Remastered

Patapon returns to PlayStation with all new enhancements taking full advantage of PS4 and PS4 Pro! For years the Patapon tribe has lived in the desolate frontier, driven from their home by the evil Zigoton army. Finally, their wait has come to an end as the drums of war are heard once again.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Shadow Tactics

Japan, 1615. A new Shogun seizes power over Japan and enforces nationwide peace. In his battle against conspiracy and rebellion, he recruits five specialists with extraordinary skills for assassination, sabotage and espionage. But how much are they willing to sacrifice in the name of peace?

PlayStation Music Logo

PlayStation Video Logo

PlayStation Vue Logo

• People of Earth – July 31 at 10:30/9:30c (TBS)
  • OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes – 6:30/5:30c (Cartoon Network)
  • The Sinner – August 2 at 10:01/9:01c (USA)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

RISE_UP44 said:

July 28th, 2:01 pm

The Long Dark looks really good among a few others as well.. Very excited for Castlestorm VR.

RISE_UP44 said:

July 29th, 9:59 pm

So it seems that there is a small group of us that are here every week religiously that check out the upcoming titles and comment on them pretty much within the first few hours Ryan posts The Drop… I would say those of you who are here with me doing this weekly is very passionate about PlayStation which is amazing. The reason I am saying this is because you are all exactly the kinds of PS Gamers we are looking to have join our New PlayStation centric community the PS_Lovers..We are all about supporting Gamers, The Game Developers, and PlayStation itself. If you are interested def. message me on PSN or us on Twitter @WeArePSLovers and lets talk…

xSoftAssassin said:

July 31st, 11:33 am

I couldn’t care less about Castlestorm VR but, The Long Dark sounds interesting. I’ll definitely have to watch a few videos before I make up my mind and decide to pull the trigger on it.

Mercenary09 said:

July 28th, 2:03 pm

Patapon Remastered, Dino Frontier and Demetrios this week for me. There are just too many good games coming out to keep up with.

COWCATGames said:

July 28th, 11:45 pm

Thanks for the interest in my game! (Demetrios) I hope you’ll enjoy it :)

mangafansam said:

July 28th, 2:04 pm

Saw a live stream by The Long Dark devs a while ago, looks like it could be interesting, just wish there were more demos of games to let us get first hand experience before release.

djsaiyan said:

July 28th, 2:28 pm

PON PON PATA PON

eliyahu9 said:

July 28th, 9:41 pm

PON PATA PON PATA

djsaiyan said:

July 30th, 1:23 am

PATA PATA PATA PON

NekoRave said:

July 28th, 3:41 pm

Why bother hyping gamers up for new PS2 games with trophy support if you plan on shipping out 2 every 3-4 months this year.

Dead on Arrival Sony

VAndrew said:

July 28th, 4:13 pm

Do we know if Demetrios is cross buy?

COWCATGames said:

July 28th, 11:44 pm

Hi!
    Yes, it is crossbuy with Vita, and trophies lists are separate :)

Band2eto said:

July 30th, 6:44 pm

@CowCatGames

Thanks, Mr. Fabrice – music to our ears.
    Here’s to another successful launch on Playstation platforms!

infamousgodV2_0 said:

July 28th, 5:13 pm

Wheres that Patapon troll? Thats been asking for Patapon every week.

Zemus101 said:

July 28th, 7:05 pm

Patapon! Cannot wait! Bring on the frustration and victory :)

Chaos_Agent_13 said:

July 28th, 8:32 pm

Where’s TOKYO 42?!?!

YorlecmNwahs said:

July 28th, 10:07 pm

PATAPON!!!

wocyob said:

July 30th, 9:33 pm

Im so damn pumped for that game. Wish it was also Patapon two but maybe later on.

Dlopez664 said:

July 29th, 7:21 am

It’s all about that Frisky Business!…and anything that comes to vita. Greetings from Vita Island

Finalfantasiie said:

July 29th, 7:21 am

That’s fine but, where are the GOOD indie games that Sony OFFICIALLY announced forever ago like Gang Beasts, Home Improvisation and Wattam?

I’ve been waiting forever for those and frankly I’m getting sick of most of this generic copy-paste indie garbage.

Like honestly, how long does it take to get licensing rights and stuff? Certainly not years if you’ve already prematurely announced the games on your official channels.

sigh.

TheAngryOtter said:

July 29th, 5:01 pm

Instead of trashing games that other people have take the time and effort to create that you haven’t played, maybe do a search online for the ones you’re excited about and see what the latest updates are.

bravery339 said:

July 29th, 12:01 pm

The Long Dark looks pretty awesome

RISE_UP44 said:

July 29th, 10:01 pm

If you are curious about Demetrius The Big Cynical Adventure I won’t say to much yet except for the fact that I am really enjoying it.

X-GALVEZ-X said:

July 30th, 2:13 am

What about Gang Beats?

Luke_Miguel said:

July 30th, 12:04 pm

LATIN AMERICA WANTS JUST CAUSE 3 TOO!!!! DO IT OR WE ALL GONNA CANCEL OUR PLUS!! THIS IS DISRESPECT

xSoftAssassin said:

July 31st, 11:29 am

Sony doesn’t own or have ANYTHING AT ALL to do with Just Cause 3. SQUARE ENIX owns the rights to Just Cause 3. How about, instead of immediately logging onto this website and throwing a temper tantrum like a 2 year old baby, you do some reasearch and find the correct gaming company as well as the correct gaming website to throw your threats at? Also, I’m sure that ALL OF LATIN AMERICA is going to cancel their PS Plus subscriptions because you say so. Please, do yourself a humongous favor and grow up. You’re embarrassing yourself!

pablikenemy79 said:

August 6th, 11:54 am

I agree with you, disrispect like Sony use to do with those Ps Vita Owners, but You can’t even say nothing here in the (suppose to be) Sony Ps blog, There is always a Sony fanboy ready for the answer….

melee_V2 said:

July 30th, 11:00 pm

Will never understand why they didnt just make the patapon remaster include the whole series, would’ve made more sense.

ShadowOfEden said:

July 31st, 5:24 am

I agree. Patapon 2 was a lot better than the first, so having played all of them, I don’t really think I want to go back to the first one. 3 was good but was too dependent on the online, which is not my cup of tea, especially for a portable game. With the PS4, making a party would be a breeze so I’d really be getting an new experience. So yes, having 2 and 3 as part of the remaster would be better.

Eblanc2012 said:

July 31st, 9:03 am

Again, super lazy the drop post. Why is there a physical picture of the game case on the front page of this article! who can be this lazy to not find a picture of the game online and post it? Years ago the drop was awesome, now it’s Post 1 picture of the game (the more ambiguous the better), copy and paste game description. Done!

Is anybody getting paid for this??

pablikenemy79 said:

August 6th, 11:58 am

You right…
    I wonder what the devs think about this mess

Kaznasty- said:

July 31st, 11:07 am

I can attest that The Long Dark is amazing! I’ve been playing it for about a year in Early Access on PC and it’s easily one of the best (and hardest) survival games out there but it’s also incredibly satisfying when you bring yourself back from the brink of death.

satxwolf said:

August 3rd, 8:51 am

Oh man, this title has me eager to play just by the description of “survival”. I love a new challenge. One game from Xbox One that had me playing for hours/days was the State of Decay series (along with their expansions) I’m hoping PlayStation pulls the trigger on some survival/adventure games like that. I will check out YouTube on The Long Dark and decide if it is something similar that I will love. That being said, I’m excited for the title Days Gone.

Hakumen__ said:

July 31st, 12:18 pm

No new PS Vita games this week? No purchases from this week.

Mirauder said:

July 31st, 4:35 pm

Did the Playstation 2 classics die offf now?..Haven’t seen any new ones since Eternal Ring or did I miss something?

GameOverGreggy said:

August 1st, 11:02 am

Patapon!

iAL3XB00M said:

August 3rd, 1:01 am

Will Patapon 2&3 coming in the near future, i hope so. These Patapons cured my boredom for my child self and it was hard enough to ask for a PSP xD got a used one and it broke so I’ve been buying digital ever since.

L337-D4D said:

August 5th, 11:18 am

So happy to have Patapon!
When do we get the rest?

Demetrius looks fun and the plus price is hard to pass up.

So many games, so glad too.

Now if there were just more couch co-op games.