PlayStation VR

Aug 03

Aug 03

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Hits PS4 August 22, New Naughty Dog Q&A

Naughty Dog details the origins of the project, why it stars Chloe & Nadine, why you won't see Nathan Drake here, and more.

Scott Lowe's Avatar Posted by Senior Communications Manager, Naughty Dog

It’s an exciting time for everyone here at Naughty Dog. After spending just over a year developing Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, in just a few short weeks it’ll be in your hands. In preparation, last week we revealed nearly 14 minutes of new gameplay footage and now, we’re excited to share a behind-the-scenes look at the game. Our friends at PlayStation recently visited the studio to sit down with Creative Director, Shaun Escayg, and Game Director, Kurt Margenau to discuss how the project began, the story we ultimately wanted to tell, and some of the new gameplay elements you’ll experience when the game launches, beginning on August 22.

Watch the video above to hear directly from Shaun and Kurt and see some brand-new footage from the game.

As we enter the home stretch for launch, we’ll have more exciting things to share in the days and weeks ahead. Keep your eyes peeled and be sure to follow Naughty Dog on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to see all the latest.

Add Your Own

SharkZone360 said:

August 3rd, 8:14 am

So stoked for this game!!! However, I wanted to know will it have multiplayer just like Uncharted 4? or will it only be single player focused?

Scott Lowe's Avatar

Scott Lowe said:

August 3rd, 9:16 am

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will come with all of the multiplayer content from Uncharted 4, including the competitive and Survival co-op modes. The communities are unified across both games–meaning, if you have friends that have U4, but you have UTLL, you can still play multiplayer together. We’ve also got a few things up our sleeves for MP to celebrate the launch of UTLL. More details soon!

Kornkid52 said:

August 3rd, 8:59 am

It’s single player only. Uncharted 4 was supposed to have single player add-on, but became big therefore it’s own game. Uncharted 4 had season pass that included the single player add-on, if you bought the season pass then this new game will be included if not you will have to buy at a higher price, season pass was $25 this game is $40

drd7of14 said:

August 3rd, 10:50 am

@Kornkid52

That’s incorrect. It’s not Single Player only. Read Scott’s reply above.

ChillTown_Y2J said:

August 3rd, 9:19 am

Hey Scott!,

Season pass owner here excited for T.L.L. What is the average playtime for the single player story portion?

saiyanknight87 said:

August 3rd, 9:29 am

Can’t wait to play this join but I am concerned for those of us who have the game physically will we receive the game digitally? in regards to the U:TLL because i’d love to play this game with my daughter by giving her my copy of uncharted 4. Or will this be attached to the game internally?

saiyanknight87 said:

August 3rd, 9:30 am

joint* ugh typo’s I hate them.

majeeek said:

August 3rd, 9:44 am

It’d be a nice to get a map or 3 in MP. Even if they’re rehashed from 2 or 3. And i’d exchange half the villains for Pinkerton, but that’s never going to happen.

CrusaderForever said:

August 3rd, 10:23 am

Can’t wait! D1P! Please let this be only the beginning of more Uncharted to come!

akibake said:

August 3rd, 11:09 am

Hi Scott. Congratulations on the new game. When you see those final credits roll, it’s apparent how many people worked hard to bring the Uncharted series to market. Kudos.

I think it’s a great idea to include the Uncharted 4 multiplayer in the new game. Is there any chance of new maps or game modes being introduced for both U4 and U:TLL owners?

Also, can you comment on the approximate length of the single player campaign?

DevilDestiny said:

August 3rd, 2:47 pm

What about the preload for people that gave you money the moment the game came by having the triple pack? guess you gonna dodge that over and over until “magically” people will find out that they couldn’t even download it before hand because it’s sony to blame?

Aero_Guardian17 said:

August 3rd, 2:53 pm

My most anticipated game for the rest of the year! Only 19 more days guys! WE CAN DO THIS!

the_man72 said:

August 3rd, 3:53 pm

I am so excited and always love the Uncharted franchise ( to be honest) and hope Naughty Dog can continue with this a whole new way ( I know it pains me no drake)

But see lots of possibilities with the franchise , I cannot wait to start playing it

Mohsin-gamer33 said:

August 3rd, 10:40 pm

plz answer i Have degital copy of uc4 with triple pack is download size will be less if you have uncharted 4 install already ? And thanks naughty dog and sony for such awsome games can not wait to play ULL :)

MoultonHawk said:

August 4th, 2:51 pm

Awesome ND, congrats on Lost Legacy! Now that is here, may I ask you about TLOU2 and how close % wise you are to completing TLOU2? No time to savor your accomplishments I know, we are relentless! That comes with the territory when you are the superstar of the industry..

cellfluid said:

August 7th, 8:50 am

Why are the 2 most important functions in the game which is roll and cover the same button?? You mean to tell me with all t@ testing b4 releasing uncharted 4 you guys didn’t realize t@ thoes functions need to be separate?? Who is being payed to test these mechanics?? They need to be fired.. I kno I’m not the only one who attempted to roll and the character either got stuck on the wall or takin cover on a object!! And vice versa.. Unbelievable. Don’t even get me started with the bs in this game cause I can go on and on.. B good

dlang0987 said:

August 10th, 4:30 am

I love that they came out with a new uncharted but a lil disappointed they took out Drake, I just hope it’s not like Tomb Raider

Home0203 said: