PlayStation VR

Aug 07

Aug 07

Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds Launches November 7

Venture north and take on deadly new machines in Horizon Zero Dawn's upcoming expansion.

Jeroen Roding's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, Guerrilla

Back in June, we announced an expansion for Horizon Zero Dawn called The Frozen Wilds. Set in icy territories to the north, this new chapter of Aloy’s journey adds a new area to explore, new mysteries to uncover and new, highly lethal machines to take on.

Today, we’re happy to share that the release date for Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds is November 7th, 2017.

We look forward to sharing more information about The Frozen Wilds as we get closer to the release date. In the meantime, there’s an exclusive Horizon Zero Dawn avatar available for those of you who pre-order the expansion from the PlayStation Store.

To stay up to date on all the latest news for Horizon Zero Dawn and The Frozen Wilds, keep an eye on the PlayStation Blog and on Guerrilla’s Twitter and Facebook pages.

Add Your Own

jchill001 said:

August 7th, 7:30 am

About damn time, already preordered

mnep99 said:

August 7th, 7:31 am

Can’t wait to play. Game of the year.

MohamedEllithy said:

August 7th, 7:31 am

Can’t wait! , New adventure for the GOTY
Thanks Guerrilla.

ATOMS11 said:

August 7th, 7:55 am

A must get if you have a soul.

Mercenary09 said:

August 7th, 8:07 am

Have it pre ordered already. Horizon is my current frontrunner for GOTY this year so I’m really looking forward to this.

faraway25 said:

August 7th, 8:16 am

November 7th, sweet. I just started the game last month and have been slowly progressing through it. Before November I’ll probably have enough time to finish amd mess around with a new game + a bit.

infamousgodV2_0 said:

August 7th, 8:17 am

Still need to finish HZD on my main account. I was like 10 minutes into and i just quit. Zelda: Breath The Of wild GOTY

Hypergyaos said:

August 7th, 8:26 am

Yeah, you do. :)

BritishGolgo13 said:

August 7th, 8:56 am

Right there with you.

Exypher said:

August 7th, 5:37 pm

I liked Breath of the Wild but I had more fun with Horizon. Zelda just…felt like Zelda. The combat actually bored me.

Welmosca said:

August 9th, 10:55 am

Oh ain’t you the new troll of the Blog?…I recognize the Cole avatar but dont remember the ID,lookin at what you said though guess its indeed you.

GameofThronesKSA said:

August 7th, 8:26 am

YES! A thousand times yes!

Hypergyaos said:

August 7th, 8:26 am

Finally a date! So excited!

whereymyconary said:

August 7th, 9:26 am

Pre-Ordered This was the surprise hit for me. I got it at release on a whim and ended up loving it.

Kman-Outlaw said:

August 7th, 10:27 am

I’m so ready! I got like 40K+ Metal Shards after beating NG+

Biscuit_Nuts said:

August 7th, 10:50 am

Nice!
Has Guerilla officially announced whether the expansion will be compatible with NG+ off the bat?

I completed the game to 100% on normal. I started anew on Very Hard but abandoned that playthrough as soon as NG+ Ultra Hard was announced. I’d love to know how they’re accommodating NG+ (or not, for that matter).

Jeroen Roding's Avatar

Jeroen Roding said:

August 8th, 5:49 am

We can officially state that the Frozen Wilds will work with New Game +.
    You will be able to access the new area while playing New Game +, assuming you have progressed far enough to reach it.

lizzydizzy321 said:

August 7th, 12:34 pm

i am so excited for it!!!

Solid_Figur3 said:

August 7th, 12:46 pm

Excited for this. I preordered the LE on launch, stopped playing for a bit and avoided spoilers, went back after beating Persona 5, and bothered to get platinum.

I’ll be preordering this DLC too (once I get PS+).

Also, hey, it comes out on my birthday!

kratos1984 said:

August 7th, 1:07 pm

Can’t wait! Will we be able to preload? Probably not since it’s DLC, but doesn’t hurt to ask.

Aero_Guardian17 said:

August 7th, 2:48 pm

WAHOO! It finally has a date! Horizon Zero Dawn is my GOTY right now, so I know The Frozen Wilds will be incredible! Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is coming in 15 days and it will be a contender for my GOTY as well. I’m pretty sure HZD will win the title, but who knows? November 7th cannot come quick enough!

Exypher said:

August 7th, 5:35 pm

I will buy this and I love it. Horizon GOTY.

beastbarbour said:

August 7th, 7:41 pm

I can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!

insano_jaco said:

August 8th, 6:19 am

I have to confess I’m a bit disappointed that it’s a story DLC, since the game have a lot of content in that vein.

I was really hopping for a co-op expansion, taking down massive robot dino with friends would be awesome.
The game has already weapons, loot, skins, just needed the co-op element like Monster Hunter, Soul Sacrifice…
That could be really special…

HellBringer1975 said:

August 9th, 7:28 am

enough co op and MP in every game its a waste , so you like it but stats show its never used in 98% of games and worse your crying about co op in a game that is all about sp story driven so you can play with friends how boring go play cod or that joke GTA just look at what co op and MP did to GTA sp game. its sad the game is looked at as a joke now days for fake gamers and stupid gamers buying shark cards and worse not one sp story dlc because why would they when dumb people will waste money on co op and MP items lol and watch red dead will be a joke also or do think they will walk away from the millions of sales on cardsharks nope it will be in that game also.

Welmosca said:

August 9th, 11:00 am

What a dumb comment.Shows how the gaming community is spoiled…really?…you want a SP experience as rich as Horizon to add online crap to it.You’re not happy about a story DLC?…shows how the world is backwards.

Seralle said:

August 21st, 1:31 pm

How would that even fit in the world she is in?

Outcast suddenly has friends!

SuperSlasher15 said:

August 8th, 5:15 pm

THE HYPE IS REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SuperSlasher15 said:

August 8th, 5:16 pm

Are there going to be a new theme from this I would really like one

HellBringer1975 said:

August 9th, 7:22 am

all this hype and i hope its not some super lame short 2 hour waste of time because i got the platinum on the 3rd after release i loved the game so much i pulled a 3day binge to plat it and now its been dead since 3rd day after release for me and now i want more but only witcher DLC ever was truly great and long so i hope this is not just a waste because anything under 5 hours is not worth my time in this game to re download it just for that when i have to many other games on my switch,ps4,x1,and steam to waste for short dlc

Welmosca said:

August 9th, 11:07 am

Yeees baby…have it pre-ordered since it popped on the Store.I did true 100% on Horizon yup got all datapoints including the world ones and played for 200h.Believe it’s the 3rd best game ever made and among all Sony games it only stays behind TLoU.

Can’t wait for Frozen Wilds.

PS:There’s no competition to GOTY this year,Horizon is light years ahead of any game…feel sorry for the other games.But seeing how media hates Sony and quality games Horizon might not win.

Bad_Monqee said:

August 10th, 11:05 am

Have played the game 3 times. Finished it twice, now on NG+ and loving it. Seems no matter how often I return to the game, I’m still in awe of it’s beauty and surprised it can still challenge me though I’ve played it numerous times to it’s conclusion. Looking forward to the Frozen Wilds!

rey127 said:

August 12th, 6:54 pm

Am I the only one that already sold my game before this DLC announcement? :-(

Thrill_Kill said:

August 12th, 10:31 pm

I was hoping SO MUCH that Guerrilla Games would not only bring us PS4 Pro support, (as seen in the amazing new settings in Tomb Raider for locked 60fps in 1080p, OR unlocked 30-60FPS in 1080p with HDR support, OR locked 30fps with HDR support in 4K), to their Killzone: Shadow Fall game (which I’m still waiting for before I play the game), but also give us an update to Shadow Fall for speech-to-mouth sync support, AND most of all for Stereoscopic 3D support which made their Killzone 3 look like the most amazing masterpiece among all of their games, even better than the new Zero Dawn game due to Killzone 3 not looking flat as paper all the way though.

Continued Below….

Thrill_Kill said:

August 12th, 10:34 pm

Continued from above:

Please Guerrilla, bring us these updates so we can really enjoy your games like we did with Killzone 3, (and Eidos’s Tomb Raider to some degree), and PLEASE give us a TRUE KILLZONE Trilogy Box Set Remaster Experience like the company “GAME” got in the UK, only adding a Steelbox, a beautiful color Manual to each game, AND give all three games 3D, 4K, 30-60FPS, and HDR support so we can enjoy these games on the PS4 Pro, along with giving us a TRUE sequel to Killzone 3 where it left off, AND a patch with the aforementioned support above! Also, PLEASE give the first KILLZONE an actual game soundtrack like Killzone 2 and 3 have, (esp. like Killzone 3’s). This is what many of us are all waiting for, despite what some might think. Thank you, and we hope to see you bring us these things in the near future.

dabixhan said: