Knack 2

Aug 16

Aug 16

PlayStation Experience Returns to Anaheim December 9, Featuring Capcom Cup

It's almost that time again! PlayStation Experience returns to Anaheim for our fourth year of festivities.

Sid Shuman's Avatar Posted by Director, SIEA Social Media

We’re baa-aack…. PlayStation Experience 2017 returns to Anaheim, California this December 9 and 10! Early bird tickets are available right now, and supplies are limited.

PlayStation Experience is a truly magical time of year, and this year thousands of fans will descend on the lovely Anaheim Convention Center to experience the latest and greatest in PlayStation gaming. That includes hands-on time with PS4 Pro on huge, gorgeous Sony 4K HDR TVs, dozens of PlayStation VR demos, game developer panels, rare merchandise and collectibles, and a whole lot more.

We’ve also got a special treat for early bird ticket holders: an invitation to a special event held on the evening of Friday, December 8th, the night before the event formally kicks off. During the special event, you’ll have a chance to get up-close and personal with game developers and PlayStation personalities. Should be fun!

The Special Event features limited capacity and will only be available to fans who purchase the two-day Early Bird Pass.

Discounted early bird tickets are available right now, so don’t wait to scoop them up. Quantities are limited!

Capcom Cup 2017

In other news: Capcom Cup 2017 is joining forces with PlayStation Experience again this year! At PS Experience, a special tournament stage will be dedicated to the highest-level Street Fighter V competition in the world, with matches taking place all day on Sunday, culminating in the Grand Finals event on Sunday evening. Watch the top qualifying players from the 2017 Capcom Pro Tour battle their way for more than $250,000 in prizing and the chance to be crowned the 2017 Street Fighter V World Champion. More details on Capcom Cup 2017 will be shared later.

Also, don’t forget to grab the 2017 Capcom Pro Tour DLC on the PlayStation Store! Proceeds from this content will go to support the 2017 Capcom Pro Tour and help boost the grand prize pool of the 2017 Capcom Cup!

PlayStation Experience 2017 At A Glance

Where
Anaheim Convention Center, Anaheim, CA

When
Friday, December 8, 2017, Time TBA
Limited Availability. Access available with Early Bird Ticket

Saturday, December 9, 2017, 10:00 AM – 10:00 PM
Sunday, December 10, 2017, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM

Prices
Two-Day Early Bird Ticket + Special Event: $65
Early bird tickets are limited and available while supplies last.

Regular Two-Day Ticket: $75

Get tickets here: http://playstation.com/experience-tickets
Note: We highly recommend you register with your PSN ID when purchasing tickets.

Must be 18 or older to attend. No babies. No Children. No Exceptions.

Over the coming weeks, we’ll have lots more to share about the publishers, developers, games, and activities you can expect at this year’s show.

So there you have it! We hope you can join us.

Add Your Own

krae_man said:

August 16th, 11:16 am

Not that I want one or anything, but no single day passes?

Shr0psur3Slash3r said:

August 16th, 3:10 pm

I want to go Saturday and go to Disneyland Sunday. That’s the deal I made with the misses. Any way to get a one day ticket?

StingrayX said:

August 16th, 11:18 am

Can’t wait! I hope it’s more organized then last year though.

krae_man said:

August 16th, 11:25 am

Also, can you guys increase the line security this year please.

Last year on Sunday I got in line at like 5:30am and there was maybe 20 people ahead of me. By the time the doors opened, there was over 120 people in front of me. Crap loads of people cut the line like crazy and all the security out there just watched them do it and didn’t do squat.

StingrayX said:

August 16th, 2:21 pm

I’m thinking the same thing, 30 minutes I can see maybe letting people in, if they had to move a car or something, but anything after that they should move to the back. I had a group ahead of me add about 5 people who showed up RIGHT before it started, even though I was waiting for at least 2 hours.

Braddigan said:

August 17th, 9:34 am

That would be the worst! Security would totally block people who should be let back in. Once they have to say no it would be no to everyone. Bathroom, car move, forgot something, coffee and food mules would all be denied and have to go to the end of a gigantic line instead of getting back in line with friends. We’re already crazy for getting in line for hours ahead of time, don’t have them get all serious on us.

krae_man said:

August 17th, 10:11 am

PAX West doesn’t have any line cutting and manages to accommodate bathroom breaks.

ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

August 17th, 7:24 pm

Lol,typical california people. Notice it happens in freeways too. Theyll take the exit lane then cut back in where cutoffs are.

Kodax_ShC said:

August 16th, 11:28 am

Got my ticket! Looking forward to the Friday event. Hopefully the autographs this year will be much more thought out. I highly recommend wristbands. Friday last year was a disaster. Can’t believe I actually got into the Kojima signing.

krae_man said:

August 17th, 10:10 am

PAX West manages bathroom breaks without insane line cutting.

krae_man said:

August 17th, 10:10 am

Oops replied to the wrong post.

DJ_Daishi said:

August 16th, 11:39 am

You guys completely outdo yourselves every year. Really looking forward to December.

#Shenmue3

EnsignRoan said:

August 16th, 11:44 am

I’m so glad that I’ll be able to attend again this year! I hope the lines for signings will be better organized, but I had a great time overall! this is the one convention that I get to go to! See you all there!

solace357 said:

August 16th, 11:54 am

excited to see all of my favorite people again! favorite time of the year!

jonboi24 said:

August 16th, 12:16 pm

Any discounted rates on hotels near by?

ExplodingJuice82 said:

August 16th, 12:20 pm

This is going to be my first time going and I can’t wait! The E3 experience in theaters is always fun. I can just imagine the PSX will be X100000 more fun and entertaining! The only thing I am not looking forward to is the flight from NYC to California but it must be done!

saiyanknight87 said:

August 16th, 12:31 pm

Day 1 but i have a question I registered my wife but i did’t add her psn will you be able to add that later?
See you guys in december this is literally a couples vacation for my wife and me with our fellow gamers!

dmfarris90 said:

August 16th, 12:51 pm

I’ll be there can’t wait!

XwingVmanX said:

August 16th, 1:25 pm

Are you ever gonna bring PSX to the East Coast? I mean you have the PlayStation Theater in NYC, where better to have a conference?

dmfarris90 said:

August 16th, 1:59 pm

East coast would be nice! Why is the tech only in the west coast!? Lol It has the perk though of being rather nice weather in the winter, but it is expensive to fly out for sure.

xaos said:

August 16th, 1:55 pm

Nice, my manager just reminded me today that I need to take two weeks vacation before the end of the year and, in a burst of serendipity, you guys put the PSX registration online mere hours later.

See you all there!

tiMMM44 said:

August 16th, 2:21 pm

Really enjoyed this last year and can’t wait to go again this year, but my main problem with last year was how bad the autograph lines were handled. The security there had no idea what they were doing and didn’t even how to pronounce Hideo Kojimas name. They kept telling us to leave and didn’t know how serious it was for people to meet him and the other developers and actors. I was very fortunate to meet Hideo and almost missed it because of security. You need to have better security this year who know what they’re doing and have better dedicated lines for people who are willing to wait and not tell people to leave and come back at certain time because that’s just not going to work.

VictorVDoom83 said:

August 16th, 8:53 pm

I was there and it wasn’t the security. While more then 75% of use were stuck outside the lady in charge gave away the 100 tickets to see Hideo Kojimas. She then told the staff to lie to people and say they didn’t know where to line up to see him. No lining up, come back at 12. Then when we came back they said sorry, all the tickets to see him are gone. How do I know this? Cuz I called her out in front of everyone and she said sorry, didn’t think so many people would wanna see him. Then she told staff to tell us we weren’t getting to see him and she ran for it. 20 of us stayed lined up and wouldn’t let the Last of us fans see the devs till we got to see Hideo Kojimas. I say 75% because they only let about 1000 or less people in so they could see the keynote and that was mostly “press”. They just let the press in without a line. I know cuz the people in front of me were press and someone came running to them to get out of line, press walk in.

VictorVDoom83 said:

August 16th, 8:57 pm

One last thing, I knew about the tickets to see Hideo Kojimas because one of the people in the line with a ticket told me. It was just some printer paper with a number on it.

VictorVDoom83 said:

August 16th, 9:22 pm

Oh buy one last thing and I promise to shut up. I just want everyone to know that everything Playstation was involved with was great. The swag for just going was awesome. The swag you got for going to all the booths was fantastic. When you went to the VR stations everyone got to play and they wiped the VR headsets with baby wipes. Even the security was great given the spot they were put in by the convention centers upper staff. I’m just salty over the line to get in that spotted for over an hour cause they wouldn’t let anyone on the floor and the Hideo Kojima secret line. If I had to rate the full experience I’d say it was better then the San Diego Comic Con and I think I even said it while in line to hall H. If you go you’ll have fun, I just wish it wasn’t in Anaheim. Please have parking for badge pick ups this time!

QOTSA-- said:

August 16th, 3:39 pm

I bought a ticket. Is the pass gonna be mailed or is it will call?

HeltrSkeltrFTW said:

August 16th, 4:28 pm

Last year was a blast so I am really looking forward to seeing what you have in store for fans this year! Can’t wait!

DDaxx- said:

August 16th, 4:30 pm

Awesome can’t wait to go again, last year was a blast.

VictorVDoom83 said:

August 16th, 8:37 pm

Anaheim is the worse place in the world to have a con and last year was proof. I’d rather go oversees then go to that convention center again. Too small and the top staff act like they just got hired the day before. I could say more but seeing is believing, have fun guys!

VagrantSoulZ said:

August 30th, 8:27 am

Usually the staff are hired a few weeks previous to the event. And are given basic idea of where things will be at in the expo, with bare minimum idea of what is going on with things there.

SolidZ said:

August 16th, 9:43 pm

What I want to know is how to I gain access to the press conference. Any info on that? Do these tickets include it?

VictorVDoom83 said:

August 16th, 10:12 pm

If its like every other year, then yes. Just remember its not guaranteed so get there early.

mkis0077 said:

August 16th, 10:21 pm

As long as you get there before the badge pickup opens for Saturday you will get in

VictorVDoom83 said:

August 16th, 11:01 pm

If its anything like the past PSX’s you want to go the night BEFORE the event to get your badge. If you wait till Saturday you’re gonna be in a long badge line and then have to go in the real line to get in. Last year their was no badge line Friday night.

Res215dg said:

August 16th, 11:04 pm

This will be my 4th year in a row attending! Went to Vegas, San Fran, and now twice in my home area of Anaheim, I’m a happy camper :)

bbswarrior_11 said:

August 16th, 11:58 pm

I’m kinda far to be able to go there but I’m excited to watch the key note and the daily streams. It;s gonna be awesome I’m sure.

freshprincepbg said:

August 17th, 2:24 am

I’m in Florida and thinking about going to this one.

But geez, ever thought of having this somewhere else? The flight to get there alone is $300.

darkthunder158 said:

August 17th, 7:31 pm

I have a question if anyone can answer it. I just bought a ticket for my birthday and I will have just turned 18 when I go and my I.D. will not be here in time for the event. Is it okay if I use my passport since that is also a valid form of I.D. in the U.s.?

VictorVDoom83 said:

August 17th, 10:39 pm

Every state I’ve been to let you get an I.D. at almost any age but of course yours may vary. I’d presume they would except a US passport but maybe email them to ask.

Mar_1334 said:

August 17th, 8:54 pm

IT WONT LET ME SIGN IN WHAT DO I DO

Chalcedony said:

August 18th, 11:28 am

Super exited! Been going every year since the first in Las Vegas 2014, and can’t wait for this year! Early Bird Ticket bought, anxiety to collect all the cards again is on high, eagerness for the new trailers and games to play is overwhelming, and the excitement to be surrounded by PlayStation and fellow PS Fans is euphoric! Thank You!

Hopefully the lines and crowd management gets better this year, since I know last year it was a last minute and needed decision to go to Anaheim.

rojagooner said:

August 21st, 8:07 pm

This will be my first year going to PSX. Got my early bird ticket. Super stoked!

TRIPPLESHOCKGT said:

August 23rd, 4:10 pm

bro this is pretty dank but i have school so i cant go =(

serrano1520 said:

August 24th, 7:12 am

So ig I get an Early Bird pass, does that get me into Saturday and Sunday?

Kwadwo005 said:

August 24th, 5:47 pm

Man, I sure cant wait to enjoy my Minecraft PS4 Better Together Updat- Oh wait. I can’t.

TrinityLake said:

August 24th, 11:48 pm

What are the best inexpensive hotels around Anaheim Convention Center?

VagrantSoulZ said:

August 30th, 8:21 am

So many people complaining about lines – it tickles me. E3 had the worse lines, especially this year. I doubt it will be as bad as that. Here’s hoping next year they won’t invite public to the event. If you see someone bringing in 20 people, then just tell them to get out of the line. If they don’t then do something about it…like go tell security. telling security will get something done (usually). I don’t mind people letting friends in as long as I get in. If it looks like i’m not-i’mma tell your friends to hotstep it to the back of the line. Thankfully I’ve never had a problem.
That being said – first time going to this event. Never even knew this existed. So thanks to the lady at the gamestop expo for telling me about it!