PlayStation VR

Aug 16

Aug 16

We Happy Few Coming to PS4 April 13, 2018

Pre-order at PlayStation Store to get a new PS4 Theme and the in-game Jolly Brolly parasol weapon.

Meredith Hershey's Avatar Posted by Community Coordinator, Gearbox Publishing

Attention, everyone! We’ve got a Joyous announcement to make! We at Gearbox Publishing are partnering with Compulsion Games to bring We Happy Few to PlayStation 4 on April 13th!

We Happy Few is a first-person action/adventure game that takes place in Wellington Wells, a little English town in an alternate 1960s timeline. There, the citizens block out their traumatic memories of the town’s past by taking “Joy,” a literal happy pill.

We Happy Few for PS4We Happy Few for PS4

Playing through the storylines of three distinct citizens with wildly different perspectives, you’ll explore Wellington Wells, encounter intriguing characters, and uncover a few secrets along the way. Take advantage of each character’s playstyle, whether by choosing to fight your way out of conflicts, sneak past unseen, or blend in with the townsfolk to avoid their suspicion. Just don’t get caught off your Joy. Only Downers refuse to take their Joy, and you don’t want people to think you’re a Downer, do you?

We Happy Few’s psychedelic, retro-futuristic world is procedurally generated, so you’ll never experience the same gameplay twice. The world of Wellington Wells is populated by colorful, complex characters and rich questlines, making each playthrough a unique experience!

We Happy Few for PS4

We Happy Few will be available for $59.99 on PlayStation 4 on April 13th, but you can pre-order to get 15% off the total price – plus the in-game Jolly Brolly parasol weapon – from now until launch. As an exclusive bonus, PS4 users will receive a We Happy Few PS4 dynamic theme made by Truant Pixel!

Those who seek further adventures in Wellington Wells can purchase the We Happy Few Deluxe Edition to access the DLC Season Pass! The Season Pass will consist of three pieces of additional game content, which will be released as they become available.

Superfans can pre-order the We Happy Few Collector’s Set, a separate box set chock full of groovy goodies, including:

• Replica Bobby Mask
  • The “You Look Smashing” 3-Tiered Lamp
  • Uncle Jack Alarm Clock
  • We Happy Few Soundtrack on Vinyl
  • And more!

The Collector’s Set will run for $149.99, but quantities are limited, so act fast to get yours!

We’re so thrilled to be partnering with Compulsion Games to publish We Happy Few, and we can’t wait to share more information with you. Stay tuned!

Add Your Own

WW1137 said:

August 16th, 9:59 am

Why does it cost twice as much as the pc version? I know its “early access” still, but come on.

rsoto1125 said:

August 16th, 10:09 am

The early access price was $30 until after today, when it goes up to $50.99 on Xbox and Steam

iain_b said:

August 17th, 9:55 am

It’s $50.99 on Steam. How is that twice as much?

Ton3_BonE_4_Life said:

August 16th, 10:01 am

Where do I preorder the collector’s edition? No link is provided

ZanFear said:

August 16th, 11:12 am

I knew it would come. They always do. ;)

medenko1975 said:

August 16th, 11:13 am

Way too expensive.

SirCasperSkull84 said:

August 16th, 2:57 pm

So happy this is coming. I loved the idea of this game, and have watched some videos on it. Will consider picking it up sometime.

Orpheus_Aeons said:

August 16th, 5:43 pm

I’m really happy this is finally out of the “exclusivity bandwagon”…but I’m NOT going to pay 60 bucks for it!

Next time Compulsion wants full price for one of their games…don’t make it a timed-exclusive for X1. Either go with a multiplatform launch or make it exclusive to PS4. Otherwise you’re just adding salt to the wound.

I still remember the sadness I felt when I saw it at E3…only to discover it was an X1 exclusive.

So now that you guys know that PS4 is the place to be “for the big bucks” you’re dropping MS and coming here with A FULL price tag?? No way, jose. Totally unacceptable.

So I’m definitely going to buy this, because I think it’s a really cool game…but I’m NOT paying more than $30 for it. Sorry, Compulsion. Learn from your mistake, for the next time.

So…I’m guessing Black Friday Sale? ;)

Anyway…THANK YOU for finally bring it here! =)

rsoto1125 said:

August 17th, 6:02 am

The game was never a timed exclusive. Its in early access on Steam and Xbox. It might have been on PS4 if they allowed early access, but they don’t. So you have nothing to cry about except to PlayStation themselves.

evike71 said:

August 16th, 9:54 pm

Almost lost hope this was going to turn up! Awesome! Bring on Pinstripe & Cuphead!

RlCHARD-GRAYSON said:

August 17th, 3:13 am

Hello . I’m Belgian. Can i ask if we get the preorder theme as well if I pre-order please?
Thank you very much .