God of War

Aug 18

Aug 18

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 8/22/2017

Embark on a new adventure in Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, launching August 22 on PS4.

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

Chloe Frazer and Nadine Ross take centerstage in a new adventure filled with dizzying vistas and dangerous adversaries. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy launches Tuesday on PS4.

Developed by the world-renowned team at Naughty Dog, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is a standalone story that follows Chloe across India’s Western Ghats region. Her goal: to recover an ancient artifact and keep it away from a vicious warmonger. Expect plenty of heart-pounding exploration and gunplay in The Lost Legacy, including some of the most expansive spaces in Uncharted history.

For a full list of new games coming to PlayStation, read on. And enjoy The Drop!

The Drop

New Releases: Week of August 22, 2017
PS4 — Digital

Bleed

Wryn is a girl with a big arsenal and big dreams. She wants to be the ultimate video game hero! Help her take down the Greatest Heroes of All Time in an action-packed bid to claim the title for herself and show the world what a true hero looks like!

PS4 — Digital

Book of Regrets

Experience an interactive story like never before! Escape dangerous dungeons, befriend or kill enigmatic creatures, and solve puzzles as you explore a mysterious world.

PS4 — Digital

ChromaGun

Welcome to ChromaTec’s test lab! You’re here to test our state-of-the-art military-grade color-technology: The ChromaGun (patent pending)! Use it to solve our meticulously designed test chambers by painting the walls and droids.

PS4 — Digital

Duck Game

Duck Game is the only frantic four-player brawler with a dedicated quack button. Enter the futuristic year of 1984, an age where ducks run wild in a frantic battle for glory in both local and online competitive play.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Escapists 2

Craft, steal, brawl, and escape! It’s time to bust out of the toughest prisons in the world as you return to the life of an inmate in The Escapists 2. Have you got what it takes to escape?

PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 8/25)

F1 2017

Make history in F1 2017. Win the 2017 World Championship, break every record in the fastest ever F1 cars, and race some of the most iconic F1 cars of the last 30 years.

PS4 — Digital

Jak & Daxter

Enter a world of magic, adventure, exploration, and discovery where enormous vistas and exotic characters lead you to places beyond your imagination.This classic PS2 adventure is free if you pre-order Uncharted: The Lost Legacy!

PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 8/25)

Madden NFL 18

Madden NFL 18 takes a significant visual leap delivering the greatest looking Madden of all time with the power of the Frostbite engine. See stunning new stadium exteriors surrounded by vast cityscapes and watch the spectacle of NFL gameday come to life in the most photorealistic game to date.

PS4 — Digital

Mages of Mystralia

In a world of magic, your mind is your greatest weapon. Learn the ways of magic and design your own spells to fight enemies, navigate treacherous terrain, and right past wrongs in the kingdom of Mystralia.

PS4 — Digital (Out 8/25)

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm

Battle in full 3D across massive environments. Players will unleash powerful jutsu attacks, perform acrobatic evasive maneuvers, and even run up walls and over water as they pursue their opponent for ninja supremacy.

PS4 — Digital (Out 8/25)

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2

Impressively faithful to the universe of the anime, the game takes players through the Naruto Shippuden story arc with new battle systems enhancing the gameplay.

PS4 — Digital (Out 8/25)

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst

The 4th Great Ninja War continues. Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 has been given a thorough overhaul for its Full Burst comeback! Not least among the wealth of enhancements is the addition of the feverishly anticipated chapter in which Sasuke and Itachi take on Kabuto in a nail-biting confrontation.

PS4 — Retail (Out 8/25)

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy

With more than 16 million Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm games sold worldwide, Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Legacy collects all four Storm games in one breathtaking collection.

PS4 — Digital (Out 8/25)

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogu

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy collects three Storm games in one breathtaking collection.

PS Vita — Digital (Out 8/25)

NeverEnd

NeverEnd is a roguelite dungeon crawler where you –a simple adventurer — suddenly wake up in another dimension. Inside of this dimension there is no sun and the whole world is caved in. Enemies swarm you from left and right and you need to learn how to defend yourself.

PS4 — Digital (Out 8/25)

One Piece Unlimited World Red

With more than one million units sold worldwide, dive back into the wayfaring journey from One Piece: Unlimited World Red, with the fun-filled escapades, action-packed battles, and powerful comrades from the original Island of Promises storyline, now all with enhanced graphics and previously released DLC.

PS VR — Digital

Soul Dimension

Through its artistic design, this puzzle game will allow players to enter a thrilling adventure. The adventure will be a mixture of “suspenseful puzzle” and “dramatic action game.”

PS4 — Digital (Out 8/23)

Spartan

Spartan is an epic 2D platformer powered by Unreal Engine 4. Featuring silky smooth animations, pixel-perfect controls, challenging gameplay, huge non-linear levels, and an awesome original soundtrack.

PS4 — Digital

Super ComboMan

Super Comboman is a colorful beat ’em up with wacky characters and fast-paced fighting game combat set in a destructible sticker-based world.

PS4 — Digital

SwapQuest

The kingdom of Aventana is under attack by a cloud of demons known as the Horde. Many legends tell of its destructive power and how it devours everything in reach. Will you become the hero Aventana needs?

PS4 — Digital

Thimbleweed Park

In Thimbleweed Park, a dead body is the least of your problems. Switch between five playable characters to uncover the surreal secrets of this strange town in a modern mystery adventure game from the creators of Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

In order to recover an ancient artifact and keep it out of the hands of a ruthless warmonger, Chloe must enlist the aid of renowned mercenary Nadine Ross and venture to India’s Western Ghats to locate the Golden Tusk of Ganesh.

Velocity 2X: Critical Mass Edition
PS4, PS Vita — Digital

Velocity 2X: Critical Mass Edition

The cult hit sci-fi adventure featuring award-winning platform-shooter gameplay, with all expansions and special features included!

PlayStation Music Logo

PlayStation Video Logo

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Great American Eclipse – August 21 at 9/8c (Science Channel)
  • 30 for 30: What Carter Lost – August 24 at 9:30/8:30c (ESPN)
  • Game of Thrones – August 27 at 9/8c (HBO)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

RISE_UP44 said:

August 18th, 2:02 pm

A bit of a light week but that is okay.. Still getting The Escapists 2, Uncharted DLC and Chroma Gun for VR si should still be a fun week. What do you all think?

mastocklkaksi said:

August 18th, 2:26 pm

I strongly recommend bleed

AliciaDarky said:

August 19th, 12:55 am

I second Bleed.

Duck Game is amazing as well.

NEXUSPRIME007 said:

August 19th, 7:13 am

Chroma Gun is for VR. Are you sure about that?

Mercenary09 said:

August 19th, 12:31 pm

ChromaGun does not support PSVR. The developers have mentioned they are looking into bringing VR to the game in the future.

TomHoang said:

August 19th, 4:01 pm

Getting three games is a “light” week?

Rpm2878 said:

August 20th, 12:54 am

I’m just jumping in here because it’s near the top and my comment is off topic, sorry… at least I don’t have an amazing job opportunity for you.

The Blog made a post the first time there was a Humble Bundle for PSN games, but I don’t remember seeing similar posts for the other Bundles.

There’s one going on now from 2K games. If you only care about PS4, it’s Evolve for $1, $9.99 worth of Battleborn money for beating the average and Xcom 2 for $20.

If you still play on PS3, there’s quite a bit more. It also has the Vita versions of Xcom and Civilization Revolution, inot the $1 tier… for Vita (redundant but it felt right).

RISE_UP44 said:

August 22nd, 3:14 am

yeah i wrote that wrong didnt mean Chroma Gun VR meant Chroma Gun, too bad its not on VR … lol..

RISE_UP44 said:

August 18th, 2:06 pm

To all of you that I see in here religiously every week on a regular basis let me say that you are exactly the type of passionate PlayStation Gamers that would be a great fit for joining our PS_Lovers Community. We are all about supporting content creators, Game Developers especially Indie Devs., and PlayStation itself. We are all about staying positive and doing positive outreach in the PlayStation community so if this sounds like a community you may be interested in then reach out to me on PSN messenger, look us up on twitter, or our PSN Community and then join us on Discord.

Lodi16B said:

August 18th, 2:10 pm

Hey Ryan, isn’t White Day also suppose to release 8/22?

DeadlyButterfly said:

August 18th, 6:51 pm

The website I pre-ordered from in Canada says it’s August 29th, but in the trailer the publisher released 3 weeks ago, it says August 22nd on Steam and 25th on PS4… In any case, I guess it’s soon!

Psydswipe said:

August 23rd, 6:36 am

It looks like White Day is releasing 8/29 on PSN and a month after that at retail.

infamousgodV2_0 said:

August 18th, 2:12 pm

– UnCharted Lost Legacy
– Madden NFL 18
– Jak And Daxter
– F1 2017

All for me this week.

mastocklkaksi said:

August 18th, 2:25 pm

Bleed and Mystralia

My week, finally!

yaacov2606 said:

August 18th, 2:31 pm

YES!!! Thimbleweed Park, can’t wait!

Kishnabe said:

August 18th, 2:34 pm

Another great week.

Excited about Thimbleweed Park, and Uncharted.

Hoping, Swapquest is crossbuy.

WreckieRalph029 said:

August 18th, 2:42 pm

Wish we had a handheld to play the ps2 games on, i would certainly buy more

Elk_mistral said:

August 18th, 7:31 pm

well … its call a PS Vita but you need tk stay near your ps4 lol

brn-dn said:

August 18th, 2:46 pm

A$AP Ferg’s Still Striving is so good! It was cool to see him show up on the PlayStation YouTube channel today.

bdjn15 said:

August 18th, 2:48 pm

What. A. Week. Exclamation. Point.!

Way too many games (but not really) that I would love to play day one.

Never heard of Bleed before this post but curious what other characters are in it.
Chromogun looked cool in their blog post.
I was mad I didn’t back Mages on Kickstarter, so can’t wait to see what is in store.
Then obviously Uncharted is a must.
Also this is Sparta(n)!

And a gem I wasn’t expecting was the Velocity 2X. This was a great game (provided by ps plus subscription). If you’ve never played its worth a go.

All in all. Take my money.

porhawj2014 said:

August 18th, 3:08 pm

Madden NFL 18 and Uncharted Lost Legacy for me.. i gonna be very busy playing both next week

CrusaderForever said:

August 18th, 3:11 pm

Bring it ND!!!!! I am all set for the Monday night extravaganza! HAHA! Cannot wait to go for that 36th Platinum! :)

donnydj76 said:

August 18th, 3:18 pm

What about people who already own Velocity 2X for PS4? There are two add ons already.

LeeHatake93 said:

August 18th, 3:40 pm

Does anyone know how much the individual Naruto games or the Trilogy bundle are?
I already have Storm 4, so I’m not getting Legacy, but I’m curious on how much the bundle and individual games are.

Fedast said:

August 18th, 4:28 pm

Such a pity that Thimbleweed Park is not going to be released on the Vita…

WackyMonster23 said:

August 18th, 5:24 pm

I am getting One Piece Unlimited World Red and Uncharted Lost Legacy.

MaDogNik96 said:

August 18th, 5:29 pm

Is… Is that a Jason mask in the Book of Regrets art? From Friday the 13th? That’s not a copyright thing, is it? I genuinely don’t know. I just hope nobody’s gonna get in trouble for it.

MaDogNik96 said:

August 18th, 5:33 pm

Also, I got the season pass for UC4, so in a way I have Uncharted Lost Legacy pre-ordered. Does that mean I get Jak & Daxter for free?

porhawj2014 said:

August 18th, 8:58 pm

Nope, it is only for people who purchase it with 40.00 dollars from their PSN store wallet

steevph said:

August 18th, 8:03 pm

Thimbleweed paaaaaaaark!!!! !!!!!!!

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

August 18th, 8:54 pm

Man if I never had the Storm games legacy would be right up my ally. I want to get UC Legacy but I just updated my PC components….broke life.

NerdyJustin said:

August 18th, 9:42 pm

It’s that time of year again! Madden time! The only game that drops value within months. $5 at a thrift store this time next year.

Vextalon said:

August 19th, 6:33 am

Definitely getting Uncharted since I pre order several months ago. And I need to pick up Velocity 2X. I wonder what is available for sales this week?

swimquick said:

August 19th, 1:40 pm

Can we download Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy on August 22 without buying Uncharted: The Lost Legacy?

Deusfaux said:

August 19th, 2:49 pm

INCREASE THE LENGTH OF THE WISHLIST, PLEASE.

It tops out at 89 – at least when viewing the store with a web browser. That’s really low, especially with DLC and various bundle configurations to keep track of.

Do you not want your customers to intend to buy more content?

jhill_what said:

August 21st, 9:59 am

Exactly. Glad someone said this. I have the same issue so I delete games off my wish list I wanted to buy, but now forget about them, all because of some ridiculous limitation of the wish list.

Wingman_SRK said:

August 20th, 3:14 am

Looking forward to Uncharted. Not sure what this new Velocity 2X sku is, but I still consider the base game one of the best PS4 games.

wwwdotjames said:

August 20th, 7:24 am

Well darn, I guess I have to wait to play Uncharted since my PS4 is bricked… oh well maybe by the time I get a replacement the game will be on sale. Its a good thing I still have my PS3!!!

Hefestus91 said:

August 20th, 10:38 am

If this Velocity 2x Critical Mass has a brand new platinum count me in! Would love to platinum that game again.

Psydswipe said:

August 23rd, 6:45 am

Not sure if the trophies are different but if you like the game that much you might be interested to know there is a retail version scheduled to release October 3rd for the PlayStation 4 and Vita ($29.99 each). They both include all of the DLC and a “making of” documentary, while the PS4 release also comes with a soundtrack CD and what the publisher calls a “studio booklet.”

Xollas said:

August 20th, 9:32 pm

Yoooo, I’m on a road trip to see the eclipse and thought I’d bring my trusty vita and play some PS Now in the hotel. WTF Sony you need to put ps now back on my vita RIGHT NOW! The PC Master Race was right about this one. I feel betrayed and sad. It’s like Sony doesn’t like vita fans. It’s ridiculous! I get you want to put ps 4 titles on PS Now and beyond but this is garbage.

cookieoreo0730 said:

August 21st, 10:28 am

Damn, was hoping for Red Faction II to drop this week but, hopefully next week it will.

WYLDSTALLYNS77 said:

August 22nd, 7:18 am

Escapists 2 looks good. gonna get it for PS4 but sure wish it was cross save and had a vita version.