God of War

Aug 21

Aug 21

Shenmue III: The First Teaser

Yu Suzuki shares the first teaser trailer for the long-awaited third entry in the legendary Shenmue series.

Yu Suzuki's Avatar Posted by Yu Suzuki // Game Designer

Shenmue III

Hello PlayStation fans! This is Yu Suzuki, director of Shenmue III.

It’s hard to believe so much time has passed since we debuted the game at Sony’s E3 2015 press conference. Since then, the team has been extremely busy developing the game in Tokyo, but now it’s time to come up for air.

To coincide with Gamescom 2017, we are happy to share the news that we have inked a publishing partnership with Deep Silver! From the early days on the project, the team at Deep Silver really impressed me with their deep passion for the series and their desire to work with us to deliver a proper sequel that all fans will love.

Shenmue III

Shenmue IIIShenmue III

Shenmue III

To celebrate the news, I would like to share with you a teaser video built from a small slice of an in-development build of the game. As you will see, the latest chapter in Ryo and Shenhua’s journey begins with a beautiful set piece in China. You’ll also see that we’re aiming to significantly upgrade the game’s visuals, and you may also notice a new character during that quick glimpse of our new battle gameplay…

I’m pleased to be able to offer a small peek into what we’ve been building thus far, and I am looking forward to the opportunity to show you more as we get closer to our 2018 release.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to all those who have supported me and the team. I will continue to work hard to deliver the best possible realization of Shenmue III.

Yu Suzuki

Add Your Own

Spindash54 said:

August 21st, 11:03 pm

Those facial animations need some work. Like, all the work.

mschulze00 said:

August 21st, 11:22 pm

What facial animations? There are literally none. lol

donjohn123 said:

August 22nd, 6:28 am

Agreed , there is none. It looks awful

whereymyconary said:

August 22nd, 8:04 am

Yeah… also amazed they kept his original small face design with as you said no facial animation. Good thing it’s digital only, I can ignore it.

Heavenly_king said:

August 22nd, 9:14 am

They have said that they will improve the graphics. hey will obviously add facial animations later.

TJ_Solo said:

August 22nd, 6:52 pm

Then it’s a good thing the game is still in development and not sitting on store shelves.

mschulze00 said:

August 21st, 11:23 pm

Soo..the game will release 2018 for Dreamcast? Weird, but I’ll dust off my Dreamcast then I guess!

Parasitepaladin said:

August 22nd, 12:14 am

Thank you, Yu! I am looking forward to it so much! Please keep up the hard work! Never give! Love and respect!

Chizomaru said:

August 22nd, 12:30 am

It’s shaping up nicely, the environment is absolutely gorgeous!

ArunTahlan said:

August 22nd, 1:02 am

Can’t wait! I’m sure it would be pretty good.

gamechogo said:

August 22nd, 1:47 am

I like how it looks. Anyway, the most important thing is gameplay. Can’t wait to play it! Good work Ys Net!

TWODEEEE said:

August 22nd, 2:46 am

I hope by release the character models look as good as the environments, because they look like old models from dreamcast tbh

BeastKiller6ixx said:

August 22nd, 6:21 am

I’m sure others would agree that the characters need some work. I feel like they focused on the landscape a lot more. It definitely shows. Shenmue right now looks like a ps2 character in a ps4 game. The environments outclass the characters so much so that it’s extremely offputting.

I’m certain that they’re going to fix this and that they didn’t have enough time for a deadline but if the environments or anything to measure I’m very excited for this game. I haven’t played the 1st two, but if this one is good enough, I’ll definitely dust off the dream cast.

donjohn123 said:

August 22nd, 6:27 am

16 years waiting to see a trailer to have this ?? really ? The characters are the same from Dreamcast come on!! this game will be on PS4 take advantage of it.

Would not mind waiting another 5 years vs people not buying the game at all – if they release it as shown on the trailer ?

The environment looks nice though

GaMeR_bOi_83 said:

August 22nd, 7:32 am

While the faces look very PS2 era the game is looking great. I’m not going to bash one flaw. I never played part 1 or 2 so I’m excited to play this one!!! Will watch 1 & 2 walk through son YouTube to get up to date. The environments are looking fantastic though. Wow!!!

UltraOstrich said:

August 22nd, 7:33 am

Finally, can’t wait! I am hoping somehow the first two can be released as well. I played these games when they first came out so it has been quite a while and my memory could use some jogging.

HazukiFCBR said:

August 22nd, 7:36 am

Work in progress, dudes….chill out…. its a fan funded KS project…..we, who funded, didn’t expected a Horizon top notch graphics and animations…. i loved the teaser! There’s nothing else i would like to play than this…. sorry TLOF2, RDR2….GOW….lol

gus_xl said:

August 22nd, 7:47 am

I love that you’re sticking to the same style. Keep up the good work!

whereymyconary said:

August 22nd, 8:07 am

Maybe i was expecting more Yakuza and not Street Fighter look to characters…

cusman said:

August 22nd, 8:50 am

Looks fine to me. Hoping to see remasters of first two games preceding the launch of this 3rd game. Want to know what all the fascination is about with this series that I never played originally.

FlagshipFighter said:

August 22nd, 10:47 am

Absolutely stunning work accomplished so far! I can’t wait to see more of this game develop in the next progress report!

Kishnabe said:

August 22nd, 12:48 pm

Shemue 1+2 remaster, please. I want to go into Mue 3 with the best understanding of the story.

jessco67 said:

August 24th, 11:50 am

i completely agree i never played 2

jessco67 said:

August 24th, 11:49 am

did this game go to xbox with like mini games like moving boxes around?
i meant the first game not this new one