PlayStation VR

Sep 07

Sep 07

Own the Streets of Kamurocho in Yakuza 6’s Clan Creator Minigame

Watch closely for hidden codes to unlock special characters!

Jacob Nahin's Avatar Posted by Senior PR Manager, Sega of America

We Yakuza fans have all enjoyed delivering roundhouse kicks and righT-hand jabs a2 the DragOn of DojiMa, but what if you could take some of your favorite Yakuza characters and pit them against each other as leaders in Kiryu’s very own Kiryu Clan? Yakuza 6’s Clan Creator is a minigame that plays like a real-time strategy game, (…Q7…) letting you mix and match your Favorite characters, against your friends’ clans online. In this Minigame, characters will lead their street armie5 to take objectives and fight enemy leaders. Imagine a top-down Kiryu vs. Majima in an open street Brawl as each leads an army of fighters and you get the idea.

Yakuza 6

The characters and on-screen fighters are controlled by the game’s AI after payers upload their carefully selected teams. Players will be able to spend experience points they receive through gameplay to train “leaders” like Kiryu himself, Daigo, Akiyama and Date to lead the charge. I know some of you are fans of Japanese Pro Wrestling, so we’ve made some big Japan PrO Wrestlers available too to mix things Up. Your dream Kiryu vs. Rainmaker battle awaits! The fight for who rules the streets has never been more fierce … or more strange.

Yakuza 6Yakuza 6

You’ll be able to collect Common, Rare and Super Rare characters. While the leaders and their clans will be guided by AI, there is a degree of skill involved: players will be able to utilize their leaders’ special skills to heal and buff their street armies or perform powerful strikes, influencing battles that take place on the streets of Kamurocho. We’ll also be planning some cool events post-launch around this fun minigame.

(Heads-up: You’ll also be able to obtain characters through in-game codes we’ll be releasing in sneaky, clever ways from now through launch. They’ll look like this: S66X7BAQN4ECAEE9 … or some clever phrase with the same 16-character count. Keep them handy!)

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life comes out March 20, 2018. Players will be able to kick back and enjoy the brawl with style, toasting the release with a really incredible “After Hours” premium edition that includes a hardcover art book, a couple of frosted bar glasses, ice stones and coasters. Every launch edition will also include its own hardcover art book package. The “After Hours” premium edition and launch editions will run with an MSRP of $89.99 and $59.99 (with commensurate European pricing). You can pre-order it now.

Add Your Own

Guyper said:

September 7th, 7:47 am

I would be really disappointed if the Fist of the North Star game is not coming outside of Japan because SEGA thinks that this anime is unknown everywhere besides in Asia which is so wrong.

Jacob Nahin's Avatar

Jacob Nahin said:

September 7th, 8:47 am

Well, know that I’ve heard and communicated your interest.

Gadirok said:

September 7th, 8:43 am

Hopefully Atlus localizes it over.

joyrul96 said:

September 7th, 7:57 am

Will this include a mode where it tells you what happened in Yakuza 3-5? So newcomers with a PS4 who started with Yakuza 0 then Kiwami and haven’t played the rest can then buy Yakuza 6 being caught up with the story? Or something like that

Jacob Nahin's Avatar

Jacob Nahin said:

September 7th, 8:45 am

@joyrul96: we’re thinking about how best to bridge that gap. In the meantime, have you seen this? http://yakuza.sega.com/experience/index Many more updates to come, but it will be a good starting spot for those new to the series.

Maleklum said:

September 7th, 8:44 am

This is basically Yakuza 1 remake
    They are going to remake them on ps4

BuzzBlades said:

September 7th, 11:27 am

You can read up on what happened in the other games in the main menu (at least in the JP version).

Gadirok said:

September 7th, 8:41 am

Can you guys make a Jojo’s bizarre adventure game after you finish fist of the north star?

Hayterfan said:

September 7th, 9:09 am

Yay, glad to finally get to play this in english, tried this a few times in my import copy, but gave up after the second or third time playing them.

Now then to demand Kiwami 2, Fist of the North Star, and where the bloody hell is PSO2, like do we need to make a blood sacrifice or something for PSO2?

Jacob Nahin's Avatar

Jacob Nahin said:

September 7th, 9:15 am

Thanks! We’re glad to finally bring it over. And please, no blood sacrifices.

Hayterfan said:

September 7th, 9:53 am

Then tell us what we need to do for PSO2? It’s been 5 years since it was announced for a western release, the game already has a English release in Taiwan or the Philippians (which is IP blocked)

LightOfValkyrie said:

September 7th, 9:14 am

Already got my After Hours edition preordered. Gonna preorder digital too once it’s available. :)

Jacob Nahin's Avatar

Jacob Nahin said:

September 7th, 9:15 am

My kinda person right here.

Valyrious said:

September 7th, 10:19 am

Please get Kiwami 2 to the West! WE WANT MORE YAKUZA! I bought Kiwami day one. My first Yakuza game. ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Buying 0 next, and already own Yakuza 4 and 5 on PS3. :)

Jacob Nahin's Avatar

Jacob Nahin said:

September 7th, 10:36 am

Just so I am understanding correctly…you’re saying you want more Yakuza, right? :D

Valyrious said:

September 7th, 11:33 am

I want and NEED more Yakuza! You guys localize it, and we’ll be buying it for sure!

PowerGusso-US said:

September 7th, 10:45 am

Nice code T2OMQ7FM5KBJPOUR!!!

Lungkisser said:

September 7th, 11:24 am

Really want to see both the new Yakuzas announced, Kiwami 2 and the online one, to come to America. I already did the survey, just seeing comments be replied to I wanted to make my voice heard.

RavageX said:

September 7th, 11:36 am

All you guys have to do is announce the games, and I will buy them.

infamousXX87XX said:

September 7th, 11:40 am

Shenmue 1 & 2 HD Collection SEGA!!!!

HowManyBreads2 said:

September 7th, 11:47 am

really looking forward to seeing you guys announce Ishin in the west this playstation experience! if you guys dont ill die

Mister_Zurkon said:

September 7th, 11:49 am

Pretty hyped to see the NJPW guys, it’s a shame you’ve hardly mentioned it during promotional stuff in the US.

sk8rslim said:

September 7th, 1:40 pm

16 Character codes.. I’m assuming they aren’t for the PS Store.. But for a In game Menu item.. Because Sony Codes are 12 characters?? Plus already pre-ordered the After Hours Premium Edition love the glasses.. I also did the Survey for the YK2 and the Fist of the North Star game.. They need to come westbound.. Also a collection of 3-5 on disk for the west on PS4 would be nice too don’t even need to be remastered.. just would be great to replay them on the PS4

dkarlowicz10 said:

September 7th, 2:04 pm

Yakuza games are awesome. Please consider brining over Yakuza Kiwami 2, Yakuza 3 through 5 to PS4 to North America (NA). Also, I would also love Fist of the North Star in NA as well. Since I am begging for Sega games, would love to see something like Sonic’s Ultimate Genesis Collection make its way to PS4 (and Vita).

Tron999 said:

September 7th, 2:48 pm

Thank you for bringing yakuza 6. I already pre ordered my copy. Put me down as another person who wants kiwami 2 and fist of the North Star. Ya ta ta ta ta ta ta!!!!

TallCrowe said:

September 8th, 6:19 am

I am so there.

Sheephead89 said:

September 8th, 6:57 am

Has the pre-order for the After Hours edition gone live yet in the UK/Europe? I have been keeping my eye out, but haven’t seen it anywhere.

Thanks

CityHunterRen said:

September 8th, 7:25 am

I know that is already said, but I’m here to give my support to Hokuto Ga Gotoku localization:
It will probably be the best Fist of The North Star game ever, It can’t remain a Japan exclusive.

Sega don’t forget also Shenmue 1 & 2 HD (or better if you make Shenmue 1 & 2 Kiwami, if you know what I mean), of course in a deluxe retail edition like Valkyria/Yakuza

SarshelYam said:

September 8th, 1:08 pm

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, I already preordred to copies of the After Hours edition, but man am I missing that Steelbook. *sigh*

BlackReaper313 said:

September 8th, 5:25 pm

So is yakuza 5 never going to get make on disc ever? I think before 2 kiawmi and 6 comes out we need 5 on disc

shogun00 said:

September 10th, 11:16 pm

Looking forward to Yakuza 6, which I’ve already pre-ordered. Like others have said, keep on releasing them and I will buy them.