God of War

Sep 14

Sep 14

Gran Turismo Sport: Eight Things You Need to Know

Your journey through Gran Turismo Sport, from regular racer to king of the track.

Ken Chan's Avatar Posted by Product Manager, SCEA

With the launch of Gran Turismo Sport just around the corner on October 17, there’s a lot of exciting information to share about the new game. We wanted to provide a roundup of some of the announcements that you may have missed, as well as some new details for the dedicated among you.

GT Sport is built from the ground up to provide race fans with something different, whether you’re a Gran Turismo first timer or one of our veterans from the last 20 years of titles. So buckle up as we detail eight things you need to know about Gran Turismo Sport.

Prepare to Race with Campaign Mode

Campaign Mode gives players the chance to improve driving skills across four different categories and tutorial videos. Each of these modes play a key role in making every driver better prepared for racing against others.

• Driving School teaches drivers everything from basic operations to advanced racing techniques to help make everyone an expert behind the wheel.

Gran Turismo Sport – Driving SchoolGran Turismo Sport – Driving School

• Mission Challenge provides various dramatic racing situations for players to overcome. Each mission has a “friend-ranking” leaderboard to encourage drivers to challenge their friends.

Gran Turismo Sport – Mission ChallengeGran Turismo Sport – Mission Challenge

• Circuit Experience lets you learn how to drive the most challenging sections of the world’s great race tracks, sector by sector, apex by apex, until you’ve mastered them.

Gran Turismo Sport – Circuit ExperienceGran Turismo Sport – Circuit Experience

• In Racing Etiquettes players learn signals, flags, and safety car protocols to ensure fair and respectful race conditions for all.

As you naturally increase your skill level, you will be awarded with a multitude of vehicles in various race groups, as well as in-game currency to allow you to further expand your dream garage.

Keeping Things Fair — Staying Connected

In order to ensure fair racing for all, GT Sport will require an internet connection for the majority of functionality. This connectivity requirement is to ensure that progress, car availability, and driver ratings are properly maintained at all times.

PlayStation Plus will only be needed for online multiplayer. Portions of the Arcade Mode, including limited two-player split screen, single-player races on select tracks, and time trials can still be played in an offline environment.

Always Race an Equal — Advanced Matchmaking

There’s nothing worse than taking to the track and finding yourself pulling up alongside the next racing superstar in your first race.

The matchmaking system in GT Sport has been tuned to ensure that racers of similar abilities are pitted against each other. So, when you start off fresh, you’ll be placed against drivers of similar ability. As you build up time on the track, you’ll be rematched accordingly.

For those that are curious, the matchmaking is based on three key metrics:

• Driver Level — Your driver level increases with XP gained in races.
  • Sportsmanship Rating (“Sport Mode”) — Just like in real world driving, we want to reward those that drive, and race, clean. So stick to the track, and limit the number of collisions to secure a positive sportsmanship rating.
  • Driver Rating (“Sport Mode”) — Starting on E, you can build towards achieving the coveted “S” rating — but watch out, a bad sportsmanship rating will limit your ability to progress.

Set It Up Your Way — Car Customization

Want to set up your vehicle for road, dirt, or drift? The Car Settings within your Garage allow you to change your tires, brake bias, suspension, aerodynamics, drivetrain, transmission, and power to weight ratio — basically anything you’d want to tune, you can!

That’s not the only way you can customize your ride, though. In GT Sport, every mile driven means extra rewards for you; with Mileage Exchange, you can trade in-game miles for a host of customization options for your driver avatar and vehicles within your Garage.

Gran Turismo Sport – Physics

You’ll still use the in-game credits earned from racing (or pre-ordering) to purchase cars.

Gran Turismo Sport – Livery Editor

Gran Turismo Sport – Livery EditorGran Turismo Sport – Livery Editor

Scapes Pushes the Boundaries of Tech and Innovations in Photography

This is not your traditional photo mode. The Scapes feature in GT Sport is a new format of photography developed from a True HDR workflow and physics-based rendering technologies. Basically, each photo location contains all the light energy information of that scene, which means your favorite car can realistically be placed in hundreds of real world locations.

Take a look at the below to see what we mean.

Drive on Your Own Terms

With powerful AI-assisted systems, even the most novice driver can get the most out of driving some of the most sought-after cars in the world! The high-level driving aids can help with everything from steering, to throttle control, to braking. For the more seasoned drivers, fear not — all aids can be switched off, allowing you to race for real.

Online racing will feature a mix of assisted and unassisted racing, so there will be something for all levels when you take your race experience to the world.

Gran Turismo Sport – Driving Assist

Up Close and Personal with PlayStation VR

Want a new perspective on GT? Grab your PS VR and get ready to experience Gran Turismo Sport in the most immersive way possible. VR gameplay is featured within the game’s Arcade Mode. Here you’ll be able to go head to head (1:1) against another AI opponent in more than 135 cars on 27 new and classic tracks that will take you from the Japanese metropolis to the American countryside.

A New Generation of Fidelity and Realism

In preparation for GT Sport, and designed to make the most of the power of PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 4 Pro, Polyphony Digital has developed brand new capturing equipment used in conjunction with HDR on supported displays to ensure that the cars are as beautifully recreated in the game as they are in real life.

What does that actually mean? Well, that Ferrari and McLaren you’ve been racing before don’t actually look like that! The technology hasn’t existed to faithfully represent the Ferrari Red and McLaren Orange in a video game, so not only does the game look great, it’s now as faithful a recreation as you can get!

That’s all for now, but not everything GT Sport has to offer. Be on the lookout for more insider information and videos from our GT Academy athletes as well as Kazunori Yamauchi through our GT Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels.

Add Your Own

Torgo said:

September 14th, 6:36 am

Finally, Campaign Mode is confirmed. That’s been such a ridiculous rumor. Can’t Wait!!

JonnyBizzo said:

September 14th, 6:59 am

Confirmed in what sense? Did you read the description? It’s just racing tutorials! What a bunch of crap. If this game is only built to be online multiplayer then I won’t be buying. Super disappointed.

BadFlounder said:

September 14th, 2:11 pm

There is NOT a traditional campaign mode. That “ridiculous rumor” was spot on. There is certainly single player content, but you will not be racing the Sunday Cup and all the other traditional GT races that allowed you to progress through a campaign.

phantasystar77 said:

September 14th, 6:51 pm

Online all the time, kiss my sale goodbye. You would figure Sony would want to put out the most appealing product they could with the tough racing competition this year, but instead they pretty much destroying the whole game. With Forza 7, and Project Cars 2 out soon, I have zero need for this garbage.

WingZERO450 said:

September 15th, 2:09 am

This isn’t a campaign mode at all but just a trainer for the online mode…. I canceled my pre order after hearing about this hollow shell of a campaign mode. Clearly they haven’t learned from the examples of other games that had traditionally bigger single player experiences and then went online only just to be criticized for the lack of single player experience. This is a massive disappointment from what was one of my favorite gaming franchises.

colinsquall said:

September 15th, 11:50 am

The campaign section and about it just being crappy GT4 Prologue “Missions” has been on the official Gran Turismo website since earlier in the year. Its been confirmed at while now.
    And yes, to twist your words, it has INDEED been confirmed to be utterly ridiculous.

NexusSIX said:

September 14th, 6:43 am

my only wish, is that the whole game had an option for VR for all races.

bravo1c said:

September 14th, 6:51 am

Agree completely, annoyed me how little racing VR there is for PS VR.

T40Rs731N said:

September 14th, 2:46 pm

I actually didn’t pick up Drive Club VR because I was thinking, “Oh, I’ll grab GT Sport since it supports VR” and I spent the money on other games.

This is easily the most disappointing part of the entire game.

I wanted VR racing with many opponents, not this.

SZRT_CIC_Ice said:

September 14th, 4:26 pm

Agreed. But the PS4 can’t handle it yet. Or the graphics wiuld likely have to be reduced to look like a PS2 game.

DjLess said:

September 14th, 7:52 pm

Exactly!

oo7PorscheMGS said:

September 15th, 5:16 pm

This is terrible… I cannot believe Sony is releasing their BIGGEST FRANCHISE and RACING GAME on PS4 with only a 1vs1 AI mode for VR…. Simply mindblowing. Are they trying to sell VR or not??!?!? Gran Turismo with TRUE VR support (ONLINE VR in at LEAST a 1vs1 competitive mode) would SELL VR UNITS LIKE CRAZY!

If Sony listens to their fans, they’ll add this to the game…

If not, they’ll ignore it and miss the biggest opportunity they have next to Remastering SOCOM.

Nuff said, pay attention to your mistakes Sony.

lTheGamersl said:

September 14th, 6:58 am

I would like to photoshop my own car wrap designs for the cars

SZRT_CIC_Ice said:

September 14th, 4:18 pm

There is an option to upload stickers to the game. PlayStation Access demo’d it a few months ago.

Hitokiri_03 said:

September 14th, 7:12 am

Calling this thing “Campaign Mode” is very misleading.

BadFlounder said:

September 14th, 2:14 pm

Exactly. I think they are only doing so to try and stem some of the criticism sure to come from there being no proper campaign mode. Personally, I am a fan of the single player license tests so I think I’ll enjoy much of this content. But it’s also ridiculous to say this is a traditional “GT campaign mode”. It’s nowhere close to that, or to what games like Forza offer.

honismo said:

September 14th, 7:42 am

Career Mode?
Dynamic Climate?
Damage?

burnt_toes said:

September 14th, 9:06 am

They already came out that they are not including dynamic weather and time of day. You’ll just have to settle with picking night or day, rain or shine. Lame.

paulogy said:

September 14th, 7:53 am

That Scapes mode really is beautiful. Are you able to place more than one car in the scene?

SZRT_CIC_Ice said:

September 14th, 4:24 pm

You can. I’ve seen 3 in one picture, but I believe you can position even more.

fbutron said:

September 14th, 9:28 am

Yeah cannot wait for the game, the changes are for good!!

Bring the challenges!!

OnTheBus666 said:

September 14th, 10:04 am

Driver Etiquette!!! This has been needed for a while I’m so sick of being t-boned on hairpin turns

Xcaligamer1 said:

September 14th, 11:51 am

Sigh, all these vr multiplayer games have me content, got excited when vr was announced for gt but it’s only against ai…bit of a downer

shuriksole said:

September 14th, 12:01 pm

It’s either GT Sport or Project Cars 2. So much for a campaign mode. I had the beta, it was okay. Nothing too exciting.

Zephram said:

September 14th, 12:39 pm

Taking the same route as EA with it’s always online nonsense… I don’t give a crap about multiplayer, so you’ve just lost my purchase.

BadFlounder said:

September 14th, 2:12 pm

To be fair, this game being mostly online has been known since this game was announced. I am curious why they would lose your purchase only now?

Zephram said:

September 14th, 7:17 pm

@ BadFlounder
    This is the first info I’ve read on the game, and it just seems like the continuation of a trend to treat single player as nothing more than a tutorial for MP, and forcing people to stay online for the inevitable microtransactions. I personally think GT4 was the best in the series for what it’s worth.

racingsnail said:

September 14th, 3:23 pm

With no offline career mode, it will be the first GT I will be skipping. This is from a gamer that has enjoyed every other release of the series, way to treat your dedicated fan base who has been with you from the start PD.

Knotty_Enigma said:

September 14th, 4:27 pm

I’ve already pre-ordered the limited edition, I planned on mostly playing online mode anyways. That being said they pretty much cut everything out of this game that made the other GT titles popular. That along with being always online, I’d be surprised if this isn’t the worse selling GT game ever.

Killahkid46 said:

September 14th, 4:32 pm

I’m still attempting to understand why everybody seems to be abandoning GT Sport simply because the game has no career mode? Ever since Gran Turismo 5, though it could be argued that Gran Turismo 4 was really the beginning, the AI has been laughable. And this has been established by the entire fan base. There is no challenge racing their AI and GT Sport is no different when racing in Arcade Mode (Played the Beta and recently at an Expo). The game focuses on a more truer brand of racing, putting you against people your skill level to bring competitive racing. And this is a problem. But throw GT Mode back in and everybody would want to easily coast to victory in a 3 lap race with a 10+ second gap on second place.

Killahkid46 said:

September 14th, 4:33 pm

The EU Playstation Blog mentions a second phase to the Beta yet there is no mention on this post. Is the Beta exclusively to Europe or will it be available to NA, EU, and JP like the first phase?

Masta_Splinta045 said:

September 14th, 5:23 pm

Why are we upset? Because some of us made our own challenges, we would collect random obscure cars and race them for fun way above the class where they should be. We would have every 90s fanboy Jap Ricer with Max exhaust and wings and hang on track with a bunch of other like-minded people and just check out what they have done, and drift or drag or laugh. Now that behaviour will not allow you into a good race when you want to be serious because you really don’t stay on track as you learn to drift any car. And you driver reading will be trashed.

Killahkid46 said:

September 14th, 7:01 pm

The Driver Rating is only limited to the Sport Mode. Online mode still exists just like in GT5 and GT6. And car collecting was something that took focus away from the actual purpose of the game. Every aspect of the GT series from GT2 focused on driving. Requiring licenses (and being one of the few games that had it), mission challenges, everything was to make you a better driver. Now, people can focus on what matters.

GoPens35 said:

September 14th, 6:42 pm

This is the blog post that finally sold me into buying a Forza game.

ejah said:

September 21st, 10:00 am

Yeah, I found a Xbox on clearance and was starved for some racing so I grabbed it and playing Forza 6 and the Horizon games was an eye opener for me. I’m an old school offline guy so playing against Forza AI is an incredible improvement. It’s sad GT has gone down this road, hopefully they will “course correct” in the future. I cancelled my preorder too. I’ve been racing GT for 15 years I don’t need anymore driving school.

DjLess said:

September 14th, 7:47 pm

I am completely dumbfounded as to why the VR aspect of GT Sport is so limited. A 1v1 race against an AI opponent? VR is an experience best shared with friends and not being able to play with them is extremely disappointing to me. Can we get an explanation as to why? Is it technical limitations? Would VR give racers an advantage over non VR players? Or was this simply something you tacked on near the end?

VR is great, but when the primary focus is simply ‘experiences’ vs real games its hard to find a reason to use it regularly.

oo7PorscheMGS said:

September 15th, 5:13 pm

Exactly. It’s beyond mindblowing that Sony would miss this HUGE opportunity to SHOWCASE VR in their biggest franchise ever instead of putting it WAY in the background and not even letting people race online VS each other in VR. Wow, what a fail Sony.

Swordfish64 said:

September 14th, 7:59 pm

It’s disappointing to hear there won’t be a proper campaign mode. I will give it a chance, but my excitement for the game has taken a hit. I hope they haven’t messed up this game to sacrifice it’s campaign mode for a main focus on online racing. Sadly, that’s exactly what it looks like. For me, the online racing is a novelty, a fun diversion. SP is the meat of the game. I might have to buy Project Cars 2 after all to get my single player campaign fix. Sad.

krayziejoey said:

September 15th, 12:10 am

I have play just about all granturismos .i got better n better as the games where improved by the time gran turismo 6 was out. I platinum the game . And I was so happy to hear its coming to ps4 I per ordered it almost a 9 months ago, because there where other games like project cars n asset to corsa that I thought would be like gran turismo n was let down.i made sure I got the limited edition gran turismo but now I feel let down again because there is no campaign mode that I can save against cpu..whats going to happen when the servers go down no more g.t sports the game will die n there goes all my head work n money..what if some one lags.or your racing n something goes wrong with your inter net.

krayziejoey said:

September 15th, 12:17 am

I have play just about all granturismos .i got better n better as the games where improved by the time gran turismo 6 was out. I platinum the game . And I was so happy to hear its coming to ps4 I per ordered it almost a 9 months ago, because there where other games like project cars n asset to corsa that I thought would be like gran turismo n was let down.i made sure I got the limited edition gran turismo but now I feel let down again because there is no campaign mode that I can save against cpu..whats going to happen when the servers go down no more g.t sports the game will die n there goes all my head work n money..what if some one lags out.or your racing n something goes wrong with your inter net.not having campaign mode makes me not want this game .the decrease of cars is a let down .the v.r is a joke in granturismo because of the limited of use…i think I will get my money back. N more get it when it’s 20 bucks.or just wait to ps5 n granturismo 7…just really really saddened by this.

ZSTom said:

September 15th, 11:02 am

I think they failed to communicate early enough (or maybe clearly enough) that GT Sport is not a traditional GT game with a campaign against the AI. GT Sport apparently seems to be an attempt to bring an iRacing-like experience to PS4, which does interest me as it would be much more wallet friendly than iRacing. However, I was wrongly expecting GT Sport to still include everything that previous titles did, primarily the campaign. Finding out that is not the case is so disappointing that it’s difficult to not feel like they’ve cut out 90% of the content (for me at least, as I never played much multiplayer on GT) while still charging $60.

It may have been wise to release GT Sport alongside a traditional GT game, or as an expansion. I think expectations from most people for this game are going to be way off.

colinsquall said:

September 15th, 11:42 am

You know you done messed up when the comments on the AMERICAN PlayStation Blog has nothing but negative things to say.

So, have you taken all this amazing feedback into account then Sony? Just cancel the game at this point and start working on Gran Turismo 7 for a 2022 release date. Clearly nobody wants GT Sport and the people that do who aren’t in the know are going to be FURIOUS when they fire this game up and can’t find the GT campaign in it.

And for more feedback, go to the European PlayStation Blog for all our discussions on the death of Gran Tursimo. And remember, YOU closed Evolution and Studio Liverpool.

Retsoced said:

September 15th, 3:22 pm

Hmm, this does not sound good. I have been waiting for GT to get a PS4, but if it is just an online game I am not interested. GT 5 was a disappointment with no significant improvements from GT4 and the elimination of endurance races made it worse than GT4 . This looks to continue the downward trend. Online is cool, but that should be an added feature, not the whole point of the game. Looks like the end of a franchise to me.

oo7PorscheMGS said:

September 15th, 5:05 pm

Sony is making a HUGE mistake by making VR only 1vs1 and only VS AI on top of that…. wow..way to sell VR Sony :/

I was planning on buying GT Sport with a VR Bundle… but I’m not buying VR to play against AI on the biggest PlayStation racing game…

If you’re going to “support” VR Sony, show it some seriously actual support when you release your biggest racing game on ps4. This is just pathetic to be honest, GT has always been at the forefront of technology… but they’re totally dropping the ball on what COULD have been THE, T H E K I L L E R app for VR.

Guess I’ll wait another year to buy VR. Shame. Huge missed opportunity…kind of reminds me of Sony failing their SOCOM fans as well.

oo7PorscheMGS said:

September 15th, 5:10 pm

Add ONLINE support to the VR and you’ll sell T O N S of VR units this holiday season. I guess it’s probably too late for that though…. way to miss the target of what your fans actually want.

At LEAST a 1vs1 online mode in VR needs to be added if Sony wants VR fans to be happy at all with the VR in GT, and hopefully a 4 player or 8 player VR mode patch sometime next year would truly fix this mess for Sony’s lackluster VR showing in GT Sport. If the technology isn’t there or isn’t powerful enough, then maybe you should have waited until the PS4 to release VR. If the power IS there / IS possible, then there’s no excuse not to find a way to put it into your biggest racing game and biggest franchise… Racing was MADE for VR.

Okay, I’m done… this is just ridiculous to me that they’d miss this CLEAR opportunity so badly.

oo7PorscheMGS said:

September 15th, 5:11 pm

*PS5*

While we’re at it, add an edit button to this blog already..pretty sure the european blog has one, no? Either way, it’s 2017….

charlesalb8777 said:

September 19th, 4:30 pm

thats not sony fault, that polyphony faults

Roger13R said:

September 20th, 7:07 pm

It’s a damn shame. Waited 4 damn years for this game and it’s sounds like garbage. I been keeping up with the news, web sites and blogs and forums. I’m so disappointed and it hasn’t even been released yet. I spent thousands of hours playing the GT franchise of games and I almost can’t believe my eyes when I read this stuff. GT has always been the best selling game for PlayStation. I think they really screwed the pooch this time. Just a reminder to all… Steering wheel users be prepared to drop 250-300$ on a new wheel PS4 won’t support the old ones. I’ve used my ps wheel on my ps2… I’ve used my ps2 wheel on my PS3… Bought 300$ Logitech for PS3… Well spent another 300$ cause it won’t work on PS4. I guess that what you get for being a loyal to Sony PlayStation. I don’t blame people switching to forza on Xbox.

ygoloib said:

September 15th, 11:41 pm

Lord have mercy, no a spec or b spec racing. guess gonna have to wait for a huge update or paid dlc to buy

cjhill1836 said:

September 16th, 4:01 am

Guys, this is a 100% new Gran Turismo game. The first of the “second generation” of Gran Turismo. They started fresh and reimagined everything from the ground up. It’s the first GT (aside from the original) that doesn’t reuse assets from previous titles. Cut the game series you love a little slack, and understand that this is what they will be building on for the next 10-20 years. It’s obviously a massive undertaking, and if you really love the previous titles, you know how much heart & soul they put into each release. At least wait for some reviews, or playtime before declaring it terrible. Online required, and limited VR are disappointing for me to hear too, but I believe in Polyphony, so I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve played the game myself.

FEROCIOUSDRAGON said:

September 16th, 7:31 am

Exactly bro!!
    I couldn’t have said it better myself

cjhill1836 said:

September 16th, 10:32 am

Thanks FEROCIOUSDRAGON!

See you on track!

Highlander992k said:

September 18th, 9:54 am

No. I will NOT cut them any slack, they deserve NONE. We have wait 4 years since PS4 launched for a new GT, they new about the new console months before it was released and had dev kits, this game almost launched in Nov 2016, but got almost a year of delay. For what?

No campaign mode to speak of (license tests are not campaign mode).
    No AI so no single player anything.
    No car collecting.
    No racing your favorite circuits offline.
    No anything that was in GT in every previous iteration.

So, 4+ years, including a year of delay, and we get this hot mess? No, this is an unmitigated disaster for a huge section of the fanbase of Gran Turismo. Hey, PD, you ditched a huge section of your fans by excluding all modes of the game except multiplayer online. What a grand idea that is…not.

This is an absolute no buy for me. Not sure what I can do now for racing, probably fire up the PS3, or perhaps dig out the GT4 disc and the PS2. All I know is I despise the always online crap, I despise forced multi-player in games known for their single player content, and I currently despise the amount of time I wasted waiting for PD to make good on the promis of Gran Turismo on PS4.

cjhill1836 said:

September 18th, 11:38 am

“It takes six months to create a single car. It’s over-specced for PS4 Pro. So we are building for future versions of the console rather than the one we see today.” -Kazunori Yamauchi (https://www.finder.com.au/gran-turismo-8k-playstation-5)
    Read the article, it has great perspective. Gran Turismo is Playstation’s best selling franchise, and it’s obvious that Polyphony and Sony aim to deliver the best product possible. Now and in the future. GT fans know that Polyphony aims for perfection, and this often comes with delays. We’ve also learned that this patience pays off with the best racing sim on the planet. Full stop. A lot of devs can crap out an iterative racing game every couple of years, but who besides a GT player (Jann Mardenborough) can say that game landed them a real life racing seat. There is a reason for that. Playstation gamers should thank their lucky stars that Polyphony develops for their platform of choice, and give them the time & space (as Sony has the wisdom to do) to deliver their best… then improve on it.
    I still say it’s silly to sit here and say the game is bad without playing the final product. Polyphony do deserve better than that, they’ve earned it.

Nik_Makozi said:

September 17th, 4:31 am

“Keeping Things Fair — Staying Connected
This year’s Gran Turismo includes a world first — the only video game with an online Championship endorsed by the world’s motoring governing body, the FIA. As a competition endorsed by the same organization that oversees some of the biggest races in the world we’re taking racing integrity very seriously for the FIA GT Championship.”

Please answer my questions or proceed them further to the relevant department/executive.
1. Since “Driving is for Everyone”, will GT Sport, PS and FIA allow the drivers/ players from all countries around the World to create an account so they can proudly represent it in the Nations Cup?
2. PS vouchers are not available in all countries. How can we overcome this issue?
3. Early news about the GT Sport, said that the drivers/players will be able to acquire a certified racing licence certified by the local ASN and FIA. These days it can not be seen anywhere on the website of Gran Turismo. Is this promise not a promise any more?

Please like my comment so it becomes a kind of petition to Gran Turismo Sport to include every Nation in the game.

“Driving with The Best!”
Nik_Makozi

DuckySolo said:

September 17th, 8:16 pm

So if someone crashes into you and that forces you to crash into someone else, how does the game know the difference when it comes to sorting out penalties or punishment towards rankings/ratings when going for “”S” ? I can predict this is going to be an issue when people start trolling and causing as many chain reaction crashes as they can just to mess everyone over.

Also, no ACTUAL campaign? Bleh. We’ve waited this long just to be let down? No thanks.

Highlander992k said:

September 18th, 9:55 am

Very disappointed in the game, the developer and the publisher.

Sony, what were you thinking? PD, what were you smoking?

cjhill1836 said:

September 18th, 11:31 am

charlesalb8777 said:

September 19th, 4:32 pm

remember kids:

-never pre order a game
– never play a game after you see the critics

Pack3rs0wn3rCB said:

September 20th, 4:39 pm

I’m seriously considering an Xbox One just for the forza series. It’s pretty obvious that a true GT will not make it to the ps4. I’m not buying this game. Who cares about a real racing league? It’s a video game…. #disappointed

Roger13R said:

September 20th, 6:38 pm

Hello Gran- turismo world. I’m so happy and excited to see Gran turismo is finally here. Being a 20 year veteran of this game. To bad Sony and polyphony won’t see any of my money for this game… I play using steering wheel and the ps4 don’t support my PS3 capatable steering wheel (I tried). I am not dropping 70$ for a game than spending another 250-300$ on new steering wheel. Just to play my favorite game ever. I’ve already spent 300$ on a steering wheel for PS3. It’s a damn shame and I will probably shed tears over this. Not only, an additional 55$ for a PS plus subscription just to play online. These damn gaming companies are making a killing off us players!! Why do we all have to suffer with these ridiculous prices? Shame on you Sony and polyphony. It’s stupid!! So 400$ for a PS4, 70$ for your fav game, 250-300$ for new steering wheel. 55$ for a PS plus account for a year.. REALLY GUYS!!! Like I said. STUPID

Mac128k said:

September 25th, 11:41 am

They marketed this wrong. Should have made it clear it was an iracing style game. In fact its probably cheaper than iracing and they are giving you a school to help you compete online. Probably should have called it something else and not used the GT moniker. I also see that to them this is a first cut on this new model and they NEED the next hardware upgrade to fully flush out their vision. For whatever reason they have decided at this point to leave the single player, AI based, casual mode, car collector, whatever mode that lots of us enjoyed and are focused on the hardcore competitive bunch. They think they will come and spend money with them. Wish them well.

But not me. After reading the articles its clear its not for me and for others. They have done their homework and with so many racing games out there right now they have decided to focus. Good for them. So, Forza 7 it is then for me. The beauty is it also works on my high end gaming pc. Double win for me. Still will be interested to see how it plays out.

fun_on_a_bun said:

September 26th, 7:26 am

still waiting for some classic muscle to get announced as DLC. And I can’t believe the Dodge Demon or Hellcat Challenger is missing from the roster. Least there’s a Camaro till they get added.