PlayStation VR

Sep 15

Sep 15

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 9/19/2017

Universes collide in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, out next week on PS4.

Ryan Clements's Avatar Posted by Senior Specialist, SIEA Social Media

The doubly evil Ultron Sigma has snatched two of the six Infinity Stones, and used their supreme power to fuse the Marvel and Capcom universes. Now it’s up to iconic heroes from both sides to reclaim the stones and retake reality. Welcome to Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite on PS4.

Featuring a staggering lineup of characters like Ryu, Iron Man, Chris Redfield, and Captain America, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite drops players into spectacular two-on-two battles with a glut of combos and super moves to wield. Bring the Infinity Stones into battle to augment every character with new and powerful abilities, and watch universes collide in a cinematic story mode.

For a full list of new games coming to PlayStation next week, read on. And enjoy The Drop!

The Drop

New Releases: Week of September 19, 2017
PS Vita — Digital

36 Fragments of Midnight

This time Midnight’s friends lost their Star Fragments! Your task is to find them, and take them back — but it won’t be easy. Avoid deadly lasers, circular saws, and spikes to collect all the Fragments.

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth +
PS4 — Retail

Binding of Isaac Afterbirth Plus

The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ is a randomly generated action-shooter with heavy RPG and roguelike elements. Following Isaac on his journey players will find bizarre treasures that change Isaac’s form giving him superhuman abilities and enabling him to fight off droves of mysterious creatures, discover secrets, and fight his way to safety.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Blackguards 2

Having succumbed to madness following years of incarceration, disgraced noblewoman Cassia now has only goal: to take revenge, no matter the cost.

PS4, PS Vita — Digital

Burly Men at Sea

Burly Men at Sea is a folktale about a trio of large, bearded fishermen who step away from the ordinary to seek adventure. Set in the waters of early 20th-century Scandinavia, the game’s story branches through a series of encounters with creatures from folklore.

PS4 — Digital (Out 9/22)

Caveman Warriors

Jump back in time and free your inner caveman. Smash heads in this cooperative platformer game. Play solo or team up with up to four players.

PS4 — Digital

Coma Recut

Return to the dark corridors of Sehwa High in this remastered version of the cult Korean horror classic. You are Youngho, a hapless Korean student who finds himself trapped in the nightmarish halls of his high school. After drifting asleep during his final exam he awakes in the school at night. The only problem is… he’s not alone.

PS VR — Digital

End Space

Jump in your Minos Starfighter and blast your enemies into space dust in virtual reality. Maintain law and order at the mysterious and beautiful edge of inhabited space as you complete increasingly difficult contracts for the United Trade Consortium.

PS4, PS Vita — Digital

Factotum 90

You’re in deep space and something’s collided with the ship. Main power is offline and you’re trapped. It’s lucky you have access to this terminal. It’s a little old but with these two robots and some clever thinking you might be able to get power back online and save the day.

PS4 — Digital

Hidden Dragon

Hidden Dragon is a 2.5D action platformer taking place in Imperial China, combining classic platform action with fast-paced combo fighting, harkening back to classics like Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, and Shinobi.

PS4 — Digital

Ink

Ink is a fast-paced platformer about using colorful paint to uncover your surroundings. Defeat all enemies in the room and reach the goal! However, the terrain is invisible, so you need to discover the terrain by physically bumping into it, by performing a double jump or by, well, dying.

PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 9/22)

Lego Ninjago Move Game

Find your inner ninja with the all-new Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game! Play as your favorite ninjas to defend Ninjago from the evil Lord Garmadon.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

The epic clash between two storied universes returns with Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. Ultron Sigma has begun the eradication of all biological life. Against all odds, heroes stand together against the ultimate threat, their only hope with the all-powerful Infinity Stones.

PS Vita — Digital, Retail

Mary Skelter

Escape the living Jail before Nightmares consume you! In this DRPG, join the Maidens to escape from a Jail with its own desires. Fight in turn-based battles using different classes and powerful transformations, but beware of your surroundings — challenging Nightmares can chase you down and keep you imprisoned forever!

PS Vita — Digital

Mecho Tales

An all-new adventure in the world of Mecho Wars! Run and shoot through platforming levels filled with spikes, bottomless pits, and an army of deadly robots.

PS4 — Retail

Minecraft Story Mode Season 2

At the end of Minecraft: Story mode, Jesse and the Order of the Stone had become the most famous heroes in the world. Now, several years later, Jesse is the leader of Beacon town and discovers the Prismarine Gauntlet, a relic of incredible power.

PS4 — Digital

Morphite

Explore the galaxy as Myrah Kale: research plants and animals, battle hostile entities, and unravel a mystery surrounding a rare material called Morphite.

PS4 — Digital, Retail

NBA 2K18

One of the highest rated sports series returns with NBA 2K18, featuring unparalleled authenticity and improvements on the court.

PS4 — Digital

Pankapu

Jump into a neo-retro adventure with Pankapu: a taste of 90’s platformers in an oneiric world. Pankapu is a narrative action-platformer that takes place in the dreams of Djaha’rell, a child troubled by a tragic incident.

PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 9/22)

Project Cars 2

Project Cars 2 delivers the soul of motor racing in the world’s most beautiful, authentic, and technically-advanced racing game.

PS4 — Digital (Out 9/22)

Raiders of the Broken Planet

Raiders of the Broken Planet is a novel four-on-one adventure where you experience both sides of the story: team up with other Raiders, or change sides and foil their missions, fighting as an Antagonist with the enemy at your side.

PS4 — Digital

Robonauts

The action combines familiar arcade shooting gameplay with a unique possibility to switch gravity. Colorful graphics appeal to both younger and adult players while first-class music by Simon Viklund makes the adventure feel even more epic.

PS4 — Digital

Shoppe Keep

Swords, Wizards, Potions, Spells, fighting to the death and making money — it’s all in a day’s work. Create your own fantasy shop selling armor, potions, and so much more.

PS4, PS VR — Digital (Out 9/18)

Solus Project

The Solus Project is a first-person survival-exploration adventure set on a mysterious and seemingly uninhabited alien planet. To stay alive you must explore and discover the secrets buried deep below the surface.

PlayStation Music Logo

PlayStation Video Logo

PlayStation Vue Logo

• Inside the NFL- September 19 at 9/8c (Showtime)
  • The Sinner- September 20 at 10/9c (USA)
  • Ballers- September 24 at 10/9c (HBO)

The information above is subject to change without notice.

Add Your Own

Sora9669 said:

September 15th, 2:05 pm

Where are the PS2 Classics? Come on please.

minimox16 said:

September 15th, 4:39 pm

Im with you, we havent got to much PS2 release, the last one was jack and daxter, but at least for me would love, Dragon Quest VII, MS Saga, Xenosaga, Persona 3 FES, Suikoden 3-4-5, BoF 5, Grandia 3, Onimusha, just to name a few

Maitre said:

September 15th, 5:16 pm

Could we get mgs acid 1 and 2 on the psvita plz.
    Also Ogre battle : march of the black queen would be great.

HeathenFriar said:

September 15th, 10:44 pm

Yes, I second the vote for Dragon Quest VII and Persona 3. Also, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3.

Any chance of porting PSP games Final Fantasy Tactics and Ogre Battle to PS4, Sony? I would buy them in a nanosecond.

T40Rs731N said:

September 16th, 11:13 am

I guess, VII would be grand, but I would love Dragon Quest VIII as well.

And I second third and fourth Ogre Battle! Good call.

rabidninjamonky said:

September 16th, 4:32 pm

Dragon Quest 7 is a ps1 game, but I would live to see released as a ps1 classic, so I could play it on vita.

As far as PS2 games on ps4, if like to see Grandia 2, 3 and extreme, Silent Hill 2, SSX Tricky, Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition, True Crime Streets of L.A. and Need for Speed Underground.

Champ78 said:

September 16th, 7:30 pm

Agreed with all the above, and add Ace Combat 04/5/Zero too!

watchdog1987 said:

September 17th, 9:59 am

Wondering the same thing myself. I’d love to see the Onimusha games get released as classics. PS2 released some of the best games ever (imo) so it’d definitely be worth Sony’s time and money to put some more classics on PSN.

Awsaim said:

September 18th, 2:24 pm

Agreed! I’m dying to play Xenosaga again on PS4. I’d even pay for each game seperately!

Desastreger said:

September 20th, 10:41 am

Is The Binding of Isaac Afterbith+ getting a Digital release for US? They have it in the UK store as far as I know.

Not even Edmund knows why it’s not on the PSN Store.

Thanks!

bgdaking said:

September 24th, 4:34 am

mortal kombat shaoilin monks would be a great game from ps2 to be remade on ps4 not ps2 classics but remade and make the story multiplayer online with up to four players not just 2 and also if microsoft aka xbox can purchase killer instinct from nintendo why not ps4 lease or buy rights to mainly gears of war im sure some would like halo but i only liked gears of war. i dont know if anyone at sony reads these but there so much potential for both sony and microsoft to make so much more money if they work together a little, i know so many people that refuse to buy an xbox and refuse to buy a sony just for 1 or 2 games the other system doesnt have not saying give the games over completely just rent the rights to the game or get a precentage of ever sale, come on yall billion dollar companys give the fans whats they want

djsaiyan said:

September 15th, 2:38 pm

Keep the Korean horror games coming!

Kishnabe said:

September 15th, 3:34 pm

Mary Skelter is one of the best DRPG localized. 2nd to Dungeon Travelers 2.

Uncensored as well.

Maitre said:

September 15th, 5:07 pm

Got the platinum for dungeon traveler 2 and it wasnt anything special for a dungeon crawler. Not much story telling left the combat system and map exploration to fend for themselves making it a meaningless grinding for xp and loot.

At least compare it to demon gaze. It had the equivalent storywise … so not much. But at least the battle system had more depth and the looting system made the grinding a somewhat less boring andeavor.

Aero_Guardian17 said:

September 15th, 8:38 pm

Burly Men at Sea looks awesome (I’m a graphic designer :D), INK looks interesting, and Morphite is intriguing! Morphite is coming to the Nintendo Switch though and it feels like a Switch game, so I’ll look at it there!

steevoeevo said:

September 16th, 3:32 am

I hear what you’re saying. I couldn’t resist a change to team X and Zero up so I’m still going for it. But yeah, the Marvel side especially is very disappointing, I’m actually kinda fumed with them and won’t be playing any Marvel characters unless they put some characters that should have been in there long ago like Nightcrawler, Archangel, Human Torch, Thing etc. Archangel should have been a character back when Apocalypse was the main villain.

gloop69 said:

September 15th, 9:02 pm

What about Echo? Should be Sept 19th

Psydswipe said:

September 20th, 3:45 am

That website says September 19th is the Steam release date and the PlayStation 4 version is releasing in October.

HeathenFriar said:

September 15th, 10:35 pm

I’m a big fan of Capcom’s VS series fighting games but I can’t summon ANY enthusiasm for MVC:I. It’s a glorified commercial for upcoming Marvel/Disney movies! And way too much recycling of characters from MVC3 regardless of whether or not they were popular. No Gambit? No Psylocke? No Sentinel? No Captain Commando? No thanks.

I’m gonna buy Tooth & Tail instead.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

September 16th, 2:04 pm

Sadly Gambit/Remy has been crapped on since Jim Lee , Mike Collins and Chris Claremont stopped doing the art and writing. That was many, many years ago in the 90s.

LeiFangFan85 said:

September 16th, 4:12 pm

We’re rumored to be getting X-Men as DLC sometime after Season 1 is over, which is possibly next year. Also, Ant-Man was rumored to be in the game as well, though it’s possible that the developers are saving him as DLC possibly around the time that Ant-Man and the Wasp will be released in theatres, which won’t be released until next year as well. =)

jwizzle30 said:

September 16th, 3:13 am

I would just like some backwards compatibility other than that PS4 is perfect

infamousgodV2_0 said:

September 16th, 6:09 am

So instead of whining about old games on a new system. I’ll just be pick up theses new games on the ps4 and dang there’s a lot i want this week R.I.P backlog and who needs old boring Ps2 games.

Digitally
– Cave Man Warriors
– Hidden Dragon Legend
– Morphite
– Robonauts
– Raiders of the broken planet

Physically
– Project Cars 2
– NBA 2k18
– NBA Live 18

FreedomKME said:

September 20th, 6:07 pm

I strongly dislike your taste.

pablikenemy79 said:

September 16th, 8:32 am

Skyrim, Doom, Wolfestein, LA Noir, NBA 2k18….
And more, MORE to come..

This is the first time in gaming history….
All this AAA Games on a handheld !!!! So…

I have to save money for the Nintendo Switch !

Ralstonizer said:

September 16th, 10:51 pm

How exciting that you get to pay full price to play several-year-old games on a tiny screen.

veryhoudini11 said:

September 17th, 5:36 pm

I’ve been playing most of those games on a handheld for a while (vita). But it’s good to hear Nintendo is finally getting good 3rd party AAA games after years of not having any. Even if the games are years old.. Actually this is a really desperate stretch to make that console sound cooler than it actually is. Have fun managing your dated games on your various SD cards

JinZer069 said:

September 16th, 8:52 am

Sucks MVC:I won’t be coming to PS Vita. I’ll get it, but wait for it to go on sale.

DARRBUGG said:

September 16th, 9:04 am

Yayyyy! Shoppe Keep! Thought’d it never come.

LeiFangFan85 said:

September 16th, 9:09 am

Lots of great games that are being released next week. From what I’ve heard, the Deluxe Edition of Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite not only contains alternate costumes for Mega Man X, Thor, Ryu, and Hulk but also gives players access to Season 1’s DLC characters as well when they’re being released. Also, we’re rumored to be getting X-Men characters as DLC sometime next year according to credible leakers and insiders from NeoGAF as well since the game pretty much borrows from Street Fighter V’s seasonal DLC method. =D

CommanderClif said:

September 16th, 10:57 am

The Drop continues to disappoint. Wish we could send a stronger message that this just doesn’t cut it and I can’t think it cuts in to purchases. The old PSN Store update posts were so much more informative. Take for instance chapters of Telltale games. I can’t mentally keep up with when a new chapter is coming out and at least the old Tuesday posts served as a heads up. Using the web browser version of the PSN or the PS4 versions isn’t very usefully either, PSN would rather put Preorders in the New Release section and often DLC seems to take longer to refresh. Shopping the sales were easier when they would post it all in a table. OH and a final note, why in the world would clicking the cover art in the Drop open the image in Flickr??? Why not link to its trailer or if already up in the PSN as a preorder, its page on PSN?

God-Of-Lyf said:

September 22nd, 9:06 am

As much as everyone wants it to come back its just not gonna happen. Surely sales have suffered because of it. I know I spend less now days and more on physical items. The blog joined the rest of the lazy Internet ways. I refuse to have to look up info that should be posted here. But some people just can’t be bothered anymore. Want my money? Earn it, that’s how I roll…!

levantine21 said:

September 16th, 1:26 pm

Thank you Sony for finally addressing my longstanding issue with your blog posts/updates. The Coma, is alphabetized under C for Coma rather than T for The. It is my hope that this will lead to long term changes to your blogs organization. Other than that, nice update and I look forward the rest of the year :-)

pablikenemy79 said:

September 16th, 11:43 pm

Those games on a “tiny screem” …. Plus the ability to play those AAA games on the go..

That’s the main reason becose I’m so excited :)

SilentNova said:

September 17th, 8:52 am

I have a Switch as well and just have no reason to buy lesser versions of the same titles. Plus I got Xperia XZ Premium now and as long as I have wifi, I can also play my PS4. I actually used that yesterday to play a certain Beta while I was not home.

I got the Switch for Nintendo exclusives and now find myself never touching the thing. PS4 just gets games way too fast that grab my attention. I am sure when Xenoblade Chronicles 2 comes out, that will change for a bit. If I get Skyrim though, I am going to wait for the VR version.

Glad you are excited about the Switch, but I have lost most of my interest in it already.

pablikenemy79 said:

September 17th, 12:17 pm

Sorry to hear that, in just 6 month you loose your interest !? Wow so, you won’t play Metroid Prime and all the others games to come !? Is just the beginning and remember this is not PS Vita, Nintendo know how to support his devices !

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

September 17th, 5:17 pm

gaming on the go…playing main console games via secondary means… sounds very familiar.
    and like xbox, nintendo doesn’t really have the exclusives right now. they had barely any on wii and wiiu.

SilentNova said:

September 19th, 9:57 am

Nintendo knows how to support devices? Like the Wii U? On top of that Nintendo is pulling a lot of the same inside crap that they always do. Zelda I should have just picked up on my Wii U and waited on the Switch. Though it was the same price for the game either way and I actually did not enjoy it.

It also currently does not have a heavy exclusive library. So you mention a title coming next year. Where I mentioned a title that is supposed to be coming this year. I also have no interest in buying really lesser versions of titles I already own. It is also easy for it to fall behind when it came out with a behind times design and network.

KrizenMedina said:

September 20th, 10:39 pm

Okay, this guy just seems to be baiting people, since there’s no reason to mention the Switch here as much as he is. With that being said, though, the two replies claiming that the console doesn’t have any ‘exclusives’ are absolutely laughable. This year alone has Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Mario Galaxy, and Xenoblade Chronices 2. And those are just the Nintendo-developed ones, not counting titles like Mario + Rabbids: Battle Kingdom. Plus, I love how NBA 2K18, Doom, and Wolfenstein II are ‘years old’.

I love the PS4 and the Switch, and I’ll eventually be picking up an Xbox One down the line for certain games. So here’s some advice for all three of you: stop with the ‘my plastic box is better than yours’ trollfest. All three current consoles have great games.

MidnightDragonDX said:

September 17th, 9:54 pm

Hidden Dragon looks interesting.

Trendy_Kid said:

September 18th, 6:55 am

The Coma: Recut looks amazing.

Dmg051793 said:

September 19th, 2:09 pm

When does the card game Hex: Card Clash come out? Wasn’t it supposed to be today?
I don’t see it on the store, and the link below says it’s already released.

Thanks

Psydswipe said:

September 20th, 3:47 am

Last week I thought the blog was wrong to cross out Blackguards 2 retail because I acquired a copy. However, due to a production error the wrong game is on the disc so the retail version won’t be out this week either.

Alps_Stranger said:

September 20th, 10:31 am

Sure would be nice if Afterbirth + was available for download in the US. Everyone else got it.

Desastreger said:

September 20th, 10:42 am

Not even Edmund knows why it’s not on the PSN Store.
Thanks

DENO_1273 said:

September 21st, 1:43 am

I think new ps3 games should still come out within 2-4 weeks of new ps4 games….i love my ps3, & not everyone wants a ps4 especially since you have to pay an additional fee to play games online…

God-Of-Lyf said:

September 22nd, 9:12 am

Hey, I love the system as much as the next guy but it’s a dead system now. Like 5 new games added on the store since the beginning of the year?

CitrusFury said:

September 24th, 5:55 pm

Like Alps_Stranger and Desastreger said, I’d love to know where Afterbirth+ is on the North American store. I find it pretty weird that I saw the game in a retail store today but I can’t buy the DLC at home from the PSN.

If you want my money, please fix soon.