God of War

Sep 18

Sep 18

Visual Novel Murder Mystery CHAOS;CHILD Comes to PS4, PS Vita Oct. 24

Use your imagination – or don't – in this grisly murder mystery visual novel.

Anne-Lou Grosbois-Favreau's Avatar Posted by Product Manager, PQube

We’re very excited to finally reveal that Chaos;Child, the acclaimed visual novel from MAGES and 5pb, will be coming to North America on October 24, 2017 for PS4 and PS Vita.

We’ve also prepared a brand new trailer to show you what the world of Chaos;Child is all about.

The New Generation Madness is sweeping Tokyo

Part of the Science Adventure Series that spawned the wildly successful visual novel, STEINS;GATE, the haunting and grisly mystery tale of Chaos;Child tells the story of Takuru Miyashiro. After losing his parents in a tragic accident during an earthquake years ago, he’s now living with a foster family and trying to make his way through school. When a series of bizarre deaths take place in Shibuya, Takuru notices that the dates of the incidents match up with a series of murders that happened shortly before the fateful earthquake that changed his life years earlier.

Using this information, he deduces the date of the next murder, goes to a potential murder scene and becomes a witness to a horrendous act of violence. Determined to get to the bottom of the New Generation Murders, Takuru, along with his classmates from the Newspaper club, becomes involved in a mysterious series of events that will put them all in mortal danger and irrevocably change Takuru’s life once again…

Chaos Child

Chaos ChildChaos Child

Are you deluded?

Chaos;Child introduces a brand new delusion system that allows the player to choose how the main character perceives the various situations that he encounters. Takuru sometimes struggles to tell the difference between reality and his imagination, because of this you will be faced with three choices – keep Takuru grounded in reality, experience a positive delusion or a negative delusion.

Staying grounded in reality will have you experiencing the events as they actually unfold with no added ‘colour’, so to speak. Picking a positive delusion will allow Takuru to see a daydream that will often be comical or even sexual in nature. Takuru is a teenage boy after all! Picking a negative delusion on the other hand, will force Takuru to experience strange and often terrible nightmares with horrifying and gory results.

The player’s choice in how to experience the game will alter how Takuru views the world, his fears, who he likes and who he trusts. This will ultimately change how the ending of the game plays out.

The different endings in Chaos;Child focus on members of the supporting cast depending on who Takuru has bonded with throughout the game. They can vary from down to earth alternatives to the main narrative to crazy shenanigans that completely alter the outcome of the story.

With multiple endings and a variety of ways events in the game can play out, Chaos;Child is a meaty visual novel experience that can keep players busy for 50-plus hours.

Add Your Own

whereymyconary said:

September 18th, 8:02 am

So Excited for this. I loved Steins Gate, and 0, and can’t wait for something different from this team. yey

LouiseHolt said:

September 21st, 12:36 pm

I resigned my office-job and now I am getting paid 94 dollar hourly. How? I work over internet! My old work was making me miserable, so I was forced to try something different, two years after…I can say my life is changed-completely for the better!

Check it out what i do…. www.Jobzon3.com

pablikenemy79 said:

September 18th, 8:54 am

Another visual novel…
I wanna see ACTION games when you actually play instead of just watch and… Watch

Vita deserve at least another FIRST PERSON SHOOTER….

The Nintendo Switch in just 6 month already has more AAA games than Ps Vita in 6 years

viceforce said:

September 18th, 11:34 am

U don’t realize that the Switch is classified as a Console right. So of course it’s going to have more excited titles.

veryhoudini11 said:

September 20th, 6:51 pm

For how close minded you come across as being… It should be no surprise to hear that the vita is not the console for you. No one is developing those games for the vita, and most companies making 1st and 3rd person shooters are targeting specs that the vital can’t provide.

BlueBl1zzard said:

September 18th, 9:49 am

Oh wow, this game sounds very interesting. A couple of questions though:

Is this game a good entry point into this series? I’ve never played (or seen) Steins;Gate.

That delusion system sounds especially interesting; is there an incentive for choosing the negative delusions? Thinking about it now, I’m pretty sure I’d feel kinda bad making Takuru go through that kind of stuff unless there’s a compelling reason to do so….

Also, thanks for supporting the Vita :D

calc84maniac said:

September 18th, 10:39 am

Yes, you can start with this game without having played any of the others. They do like to put in little references to show it’s happening in the same world, but that really applies to any of the games. (There’s a Chaos;Child reference in Steins;Gate 0, for example.)

I think the choice of delusions affects the direction of the story in subsequent playthroughs so you can get all the different endings, but I’m afraid I don’t know any more than that. There may be times you’ll need to pick the negative delusions.

whereymyconary said:

September 18th, 2:23 pm

It’s completely separate from Steins Gate other then it’s kind of sorta in the same universe. The game it’s a spiritual sequel to Chaos;Head which everything I’ve read is completely unneeded to read/watch to understand this story.

BlueBl1zzard said:

September 20th, 5:23 am

Ok cool. Thanks for the info guys

KazeEternal said:

September 18th, 10:10 am

I miss when we use to get shooters on Vita. Glad to see software still coming and I’ve bought a lot of it. But I’m itching for something FPS or Third Person Shooterish that I haven’t played yet.

pablikenemy79 said:

September 18th, 11:37 am

Yes we need action games, First person Shooters or third person shooter, I wanna (aiming) and use that right stick, even if is not a AAA game …

steeler192 said:

September 18th, 4:33 pm

PQube is a distributor of many games, not just VNs. They’re doing their part supporting the Vita, and regardless of individual genre preferences, this announcement should be welcome by every Vita owner.

Kishnabe said:

September 18th, 3:17 pm

Awesome, keep on bringing em Vis Novels.

steeler192 said:

September 18th, 4:20 pm

PQube announced this title while I was playing Steins;Gate 0, so I’ve been looking forward to it since.

Chaos;Child is among the top 40 VNs by rating on VNDB, so I’m looking forward to a fascinating story. Please, Anne-Lou, don’t forget to bring the rest of the SciADV titles to the Vita!

Tatanka2007 said:

September 18th, 8:42 pm

I am looking forward to this one. That said, I’m a bit baffled at why Steins;Gate hasn’t been released on PS4 in NA yet. When S;G 0 was released in Japan, they were treated to a HD remaster of the superior original. Here in NA, we didn’t any love like that.

So far, I’ve played the original PC port, 2 Vita versions, 2 PS3 versions (gotta love stackable trophies), and the Steam release. I bet that I speak for many S;G fans in saying that another run on the PS4 would be welcome.

steeler192 said:

September 19th, 6:04 am

I’m guessing what they’ll release on PS4 will be Steins;Gate Elite, its definitive edition.

Tatanka2007 said:

September 19th, 6:48 pm

Yeah, that’s a definite (no pun intended) possibility. I had forgotten about that. But the original is so good that I’m kinda leery about the need to expand it with this DE.

steeler192 said:

September 20th, 7:17 am

I’m on the fence on it as well. I played both Steins;Gate games on my Vita and I don’t know if I want to experience the same story again, just to see some extra footage…

tyric_carr said:

September 19th, 12:58 am

Ps vita?!?! I own a ps4… But ill buy this for my lovely PSVita!!
I think Sony should reboot the Vita with a less expensive memory card! Cause the vita is a great handheld console! I bought mine this year lf January and I’m in love with on the go games!

Tatanka2007 said:

September 19th, 6:51 pm

I agree with you. BTW I would recommend snagging a 64 gb card from Amazon. I’ll never understand why they mucked up the memory cards so bad with the Vita, especially in the U.S. If they did a reboot that was backwards compatible…..well, we can dream.

SilentNova said:

September 19th, 9:36 am

Just need Chaos:Head and Phantom Breakers Extra. I bought a Japanese copy of Extra.

I hope we get Fate for Vita in the US one day. Not likely, but I would be extatic.

SilentNova said:

September 19th, 9:38 am

Not sure why that came out as extatic when it should ecstatic. Thanks Google.

djdmob said:

September 19th, 1:09 pm

While I am exited that Chaos;Child is coming to the West and Iwill be buying it, it does make me wonder why Chaos;Head Noah isn’t being localized. After all, Chaos;Child is a sequel to Chaos;Head and both stories do connect with one another. The only differences between the games is the characters.

pablikenemy79 said:

September 19th, 1:10 pm

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for the support but it seems like Sony boycott every First person Shooter to come on Vita..
it’s been 3 years without a single first person shooter or even third person shooter… And I really don’t understand the reason behind this kind of “hate” for the Vita owners..

djdmob said:

September 19th, 1:57 pm

While I respect your preferences, I’m replying to you about the Vita’s treatment from Sony.

Sony’s treatment of the Vita overall has been very poor. Sony seems to only blame the mobile market for the problems with the Vita but they will not take any of the responsibility of some of the Vita’s problems. While I do think the mobile market did play a part in the Vita’s problems, I think the stupidly expensive memory card prices and lack of advertising of the platform in the West (both of which are Sony’s responsibility) also hurt the Vita. The effects of the rising mobile market shows the differences in the NDS/3DS sales ratio with the 3DS lifetime sales not even coming close to touching the NDS lifetime sales but it that isn’t stopping Nintendo from pushing the 3DS.

With that said, I don’t think Sony is boycotting the FPS genre on Vita or that they hate Vita owners. From what I’ve seen over the past 5 years, it’s been pretty much Sony treating the Vita like a red-headed stepchild,

djdmob said:

September 19th, 2:01 pm

Oh, and that comment supposed to be a reply to pablikenemy79 but I forgot to say that it’s a reply.

pablikenemy79 said:

September 19th, 2:34 pm

*we I mean

pablikenemy79 said:

September 19th, 2:33 pm

Yes is like Wu don’t exist at all…

Hakumen__ said:

September 21st, 12:09 pm

Will definitely pick the Vita version day one!

Any hope for the prequel, CHAOS;HEAD to come to the west later on? I know it was released for PS Vita in Japan.