Knack 2

Sep 19

Sep 19

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Launches Today on PlayStation 4

Showcase your creativity (and skills) with a roster of 30 legendary characters from across the Capcom and Marvel universes.

Andy Wong's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, Capcom

Hey PlayStation Nation! Everyone here at Capcom is proud to let our fans know that Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is now available on PS4! With 30 fan-favorite characters, a variety of single-player and multiplayer modes, and gameplay allowing you to flex your creativity, the next chapter of our action-packed series is finally here.

Offline Modes

• Story — you’ll be put at the center of a fierce battle as heroes from both universes come together to stop Ultron Sigma, the combined form of two robotic villains.
  • Arcade — recreates the classic arcade experience. Keep winning to move forward and confront the final boss in an epic showdown of skills.
  • Mission — do various tutorial missions, or try your hand at advanced character-specific challenges and combos.
  • Training — set up a training area with various parameters and hone your skills to improve your fighting abilities.
  • Vs. Player 2 — go head-to-head against another player locally.
  • Vs. CPU — play solo against an AI-controlled opponent.
  • Collection — the Dr. Light Database contains numerous unlockable items, including cut scenes from the story mode, character/stage information, concept artwork, and character/stage audio tracks.

Online Modes

• Ranked Match — battle other players online to advance in the rankings.
  • Casual Match — battle other players online without the results affecting the rankings.
  • Beginners League — a special league fought between players of Rank 14 or lower.
  • Lobby — search for or create a lobby where up to 8 players can engage in simultaneous player-vs-player matches.
  • Rankings — view the rankings of players from all over the world.
  • Replay Settings — configure replay settings and view replays.

Also, we have some exclusive content just for PlayStation 4 players! By picking up Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite on PlayStation 4, you’ll be able to get the exclusive Major Carol Danvers costume to fly into the battle with, just as series newcomer Captain Marvel did in her past. When accomplished Air Force pilot Carol Danvers was caught in the explosion of an alien device, she was imbued with superhuman powers. As an Avenger, she used her gifts to protect the planet. Now she is a member of the resistance, joining in the fight against Ultron Sigma — the ultimate threat in this newly-formed universe.

Captain Marvel’s moveset focuses on her super strength and energy projection powers. Due to her fighting prowess in the air, you’ll want to pair her with characters who have good ground control or trap options. With 29 other characters and more to come, we can’t wait to see who you pick as her teammate!

In addition to the plethora of available teams, you’ll also make your choice of which of the six Infinity Stones you’d like to harness in battle: Power, Time, Space, Reality, Mind, or Soul. Each Stone comes with its own unique powers which can alter the battle entirely. It’s up to you to discover which Stone works best for your team and your specific playstyle.

The Standard Edition of Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite is available both physically and digitally for $59.99 ($79.99 CAD). The Deluxe Edition is available for $89.99 ($119.99 CAD) and includes the main game, along with six DLC characters releasing in 2017, including Sigma and Black Panther.

The epic clash has begun. Join the battle now!

Add Your Own

Bluejays20012 said:

September 19th, 8:21 am

Boston bruins theme is priced wrong it says 1.49 when it should be 3.99

Superstone said:

September 19th, 1:14 pm

Go Leafs Go!

Xcaligamer1 said:

September 19th, 9:19 am

I dislike that I can’t stream story, dislike that even story trophy screenshots are blocked. Other than than that though in enjoying the game…even though simplifying things kinda takes away from it being an mvc game

KidCommando said:

September 19th, 10:04 am

Can’t really get behind the roster or underwhelming visuals. Seems like a step back from previous versions of MvsC. I will be skipping, but good luck!

gohan16ken said:

September 19th, 1:00 pm

Dear Capcom, please put MvCO, MvC2, MvC3, and UMvC3 on XB1 via BC. Also, please partner with Hamster to bring your other fighting games to the PS4, XB1, and Nintendo Switch. SNK have re-released their fighting games on numerous consoles yet you have not done that to the same degree. I want to play SF on newer consoles. You regularly re-release RE and DR games but not your fighting games. Thanks.

Superstone said:

September 19th, 1:06 pm

Wish I could play this on the go. Is it coming to the Switch?

Welmosca said:

September 19th, 1:27 pm

Shame what a shame and a terrible sadness to see the game being released like this.As a major fan of MvsC (yup been playing since the very 1st one on PS1) I have a huge love for this series and I’m very sad to see what the game has become,when I saw it announced I was beyond excited cuz I thought I would never see a new MvsC game again after that thing of removing the game and DLCs from the Store.I was overjoyed when I saw Jedah and Black Panter announced,I actually could not believe it but…oh well since the beginning this game looked like it was in pre-alpha stage and its a shame to see it’ll be released like that and 30 characters?…really?…,also the changes on gameplay,plus your dirty DLC practices basically screaming “we don’t give a ***” at us…all this is unacceptable.Well I’m not buying this game not even on a sale,y’all devs specially you capcom need to learn how to not disrespect your fans.

Welmosca said:

September 19th, 1:27 pm

I have more than 200h played on UMvsC 3…and its one of the best fighting games ever made.Despite the lack on the roster it was a major improvement over MvsC 2…just look how gorgeous it is.Will keep playing 3…you will need luck with this low budget poorly made game.

PS:You SHOULD NOT have dropped the MTFramework engine.

febwtf said:

September 20th, 1:26 am

Repping MvC on PS1 just proves you don’t know what you’re talking about.

ernecer said:

September 20th, 2:41 pm

I feel the same way. Not only are the Mechanics easier but it looks like garbage and wont even do 60 fps (?). Plus I would have to pay extra from an already expensive game to play my favorite character from this series. Wolverine… why charge for it via DLC… it not like you went the extra mile from an already finished game and added and ton of content like CD Projek Red did. You just paying to unlock character. They should be unlockable without paying extra.. Screw you Capcom.

D-Squad3 said:

September 19th, 3:11 pm

30 iconic heroes? I don’t know about.

DoctorKwakkwak said:

September 19th, 4:07 pm

I pass on this game lol. good luck capcom but dragon ball fighter z gets my money hehe

gameman15 said:

September 19th, 4:19 pm

Sorry Capcom, but the lack of X-Men and (to a lesser extent) Fantastic Four characters killed Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite for me. And let’s not forget the fact that (like most fighting games nowadays) there’s little-to-no unlockable content. Hopefully (despite being more of a Budokai fan) Dragon Ball Fighter Z has a much bigger character roster and actually has unlockable content.

Tatanka2007 said:

September 19th, 5:02 pm

The roster is quite small considering it’s supposed to be Marvel and Capcom. Guess this means that they have Infinite Season Passes ready to exploit. Considering how Capcom has treated gamers over the gamers with countless iterations of Street Fighter 4 and then bare-bones SF 5, I’ll pass on this until it’s on sale.

Tatanka2007 said:

September 19th, 5:04 pm

Meant to say “gamers over the years…”

Conall-Star said:

September 20th, 6:15 am

Sorry, but no x-men no buy.

Manganra7 said:

September 20th, 5:36 pm

I only got my first PS over a year ago, so I haven’t played the earlier games. But since there’s no Phoenix Wright in this one, I’m really not interested.

thekobal said:

September 26th, 5:50 am

Unfortunately, Capcom does not learn from its mistakes. It does not bother me that some X-men are missing, although of course, they were fundamental characters in the series. What I do not understand, is how they can launch a game with such poor graphics and a number of characters so tiny. Comparisons are always odious, but comparing this game with those of NetherRealm or with Tekken, and even with previous releases is very sad. And the DLC ?? Buying a fighting game from you is like downloading a freemium game, since without all the expensive DLC you feel an incomplete product. Obviously I guess, but next time, worry about the art direction, listen to the fans, and make products for mass consumption, not for a couple of E-Sports players. Sorry Capcom, but this game looks like a fast-paced drive.