God of War

Sep 28

Sep 28

PlayStation Blogcast 265: Spoiler Room

In this week's PlayStation Blogcast, our intrepid heroes venture once more into the heated waters of Spoiler Territory!

Justin Massongill's Avatar Posted by Social Media Manager, SIEA

Subscribe via iTunes, Spotify, Google or RSS, or download here

Spoiler warning! Near the end of this episode, we openly talk about the ending of the classic anime Cowboy Bebop! We call it out pretty clearly before we spoil anything, but please be aware of this if you haven’t seen the show yet (in which case, you should watch it).

In this week’s PlayStation Blogcast, our intrepid heroes venture once more into the heated waters of Spoiler Territory. It leads to perhaps our most heated discussion yet on the show, but fret not — Sid and Justin did not quite attack each other off-set.

Stuff We Talked About

• Spoilers!
  • The Evil Within 2
  • Doom VFR
  • Skyrim VR
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Shakespeare

Recent Episodes

The Cast

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Sid Shuman – Director of Social Media, SIEA
Justin Massongill – Social Media Manager, SIEA
Ryan Clements – Sr. Social Media Specialist, SIEA

Send us questions and tips! blogcast@sony.com
Leave us a voicemail! (650) 288-6706

Thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music.

Add Your Own

StealthReborn-- said:

September 28th, 6:59 pm

Don’t argue with the boss. You’ll be on coffee duty for a week.

Snagdog1976 said:

September 28th, 8:11 pm

Y0

bipolarcow said:

September 28th, 9:08 pm

The simple answer is it is never ok to spoil content no matter how old the material has been out there. There’s a saying about no matter how old a book is, it is new to someone who hasn’t read it. The same goes for movies and games. Plot details should be avoided for those that haven’t experienced yet from who Darth Vader is and what Rosebud means in Citizen Kane.

hrcrowley said:

September 28th, 10:14 pm

Curiously Sega Saturn (and it’s premature release problems) were responsible for me being a PS fanboy in that the Saturn’s library was so lacking…then on 09/09/1995 I saw the PS1 kiosk am the TRU saw Ridge Racer and fell in love! Then that diverse library (howdy Point Blank!) kept me for life….

KBG29 said:

September 29th, 12:55 am

Love the Blogcast, can’t wait to play Doom VFR and Skyrim VR.

If you all would like to be able to listen to the Blogcast while grinding through a gaming session, please go let Spotify know we want all of the Spotify features accessible on PS4.

Go Here:

Thanks fellow PlayStation fans. Hopefully in the near future we will get the full version of all applications on PS4.

nesman1985 said:

September 29th, 7:42 am

a very nice blogcast

levelaccess said:

September 29th, 9:14 am

this is a test comment

jgrizzle358 said:

September 29th, 1:10 pm

ok, just listened. That was as funny as I predicted.

Ok so I still agree mostly with Justin but, like Ryan (and most episodes of South Park) I lean mostly in the middle. lol.

I hate spoilers, I I agree that they can make or break an experience however I do think there is a statute of limitations. It would be unreasonable to expect people not to spoil Home Alone at this point for example. I’ve seen Home Alone that was just an example.

However I do believe people need to be more considerate. Especially within close proximity of initial release. I have a pretty generous statute of limitations like 10 years at least.

I disagree that the plot doesn’t matter. To me the plot is one of the most important aspects of most media I consume. Including video games. Having the ending of Red Dead Redemption spoiled for me use the very reason I haven’t finished it yet.

Some things I dont consider spoilers, like funny quotes. Mainly plot related stuff.

avastack said:

October 1st, 7:09 pm

Long time listener here, no longer listening. Sid’s patronizing take on spoiler culture shows ignorance and disrespect for the many listeners and fans who share Justin’s views. Demanding those he makes uncomfortable provide him instructions on the basics of obvious, common courtesy is pretty tone deaf, but not surprising given the condescending tone he brought to the conversation.